What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Zac Stacy Injury Updates? (1 Viewer)

Sammy B

Footballguy
I haven't seen any updates in a few days. FBGs have him ranked this week as if he's a go. Anyone know his status? Thanks.

No updates yet. Rams haven't released anything. Im sure we will know more come Friday.

As of now I was able to add Cunningham, as he looks to move into that #1 spot if Stacy can't go.

No updates yet. Rams haven't released anything. Im sure we will know more come Friday.

As of now I was able to add Cunningham, as he looks to move into that #1 spot if Stacy can't go.
What kind of points can we expect out of Cunningham if Zac doesn't play?

rotowire:

Stacy will have to pass concussion protocol tests before returning to the lineup, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.
Spin:
Unfortunately for fantasy owners, this means he won't get the yes or no from doctors until late in the week. Stacy has been on a major roll his last few games, so as the fantasy season winds down, owners have to hope he recovers for Sunday's tilt.

Zac STACY | RB

Zac Stacy probably a risky Fantasy play for Week 13

by Igor Mello | CBSSports.com

(11/26/13) The Rams have yet to provide an update for running back Zac Stacy, leaving his status up in the air for Sunday's showdown at San Francisco in Week 13.

Stacy had 12 carries for 87 yards and a touchdown before leaving Week 12 against the Bears with a possible concussion. He will need to pass a series of league-mandated tests before he is cleared to practice. Fantasy owners should continue to monitor his status for the next few days.

If healthy, Stacy would be facing a San Francisco defense that has allowed 103.5 yards per game on the ground, which is the 12th fewest allowed in the league. Opposing running backs have scored 16.91 Fantasy points per game this season against the 49ers.

Given how tough San Francisco's defense is, Stacy would've been a risky play for Week 13 even if healthy. Those that have an extra roster spot should look to pick up Benny Cunningham from waivers as a handcuff option in the event that Stacy is unavailable for Week 13. Otherwise, owners should use a running back with a more favorable matchup this week.

Stacy was at the St Louis blues game Monday night so I'm thinking his concussion is OK. He seems OK just waiting for the doctors thumbs up. But I'm not a doctor nor have I had a concussion but I'm thinking if I had a head injury that hurt I wouldn't be in a loud bright environment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stacy was at the St Louis blues game Monday night so I'm thinking his concussion is OK. He seems OK just waiting for the doctors thumbs up. But I'm not a doctor nor have I had a concussion but I'm thinking if I had a head injury that hurt I wouldn't be in a loud bright environment.
This is why I come here! Nice scoop. Not dropping a valuable guy for Benny.

Agreed. Thanks for the posts, guys.

San Fran is not a scary matchup. If Stacy is a starter for you, I'd start him, assuming his head is ok. The way St. Louis d has played, this should be a close game and Stacy could definitely get 100 yards.

Cunningham is a handcuff if you are a Stacy owner.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking of grabbing him more as a defensive move against my opponent but I'm also wondering how much BC could even do on San Fran. And if it is Stacy/BC with a 50/50 split or something due to the injury and the fact Stacy is a rookie, might be best to just let the other owner inherit the headache.

:unsure:

Or maybe his head is so messed up that he went to the wrong stadium/arena.

Zac Stacy (concussion) did not practice Wednesday.
Stacy reportedly "did a little" in the walkthrough and did some running on the side. Coach Jeff Fisher said Stacy is "doing well" and is going through concussion protocol. The fact that he was at least running and exercising is a positive sign. Stacy still needs to be cleared and will hopefully get in some practice reps later this week. His status will be updated again no later than Thursday.

Fwiw, when Foles got his concussion, he was basically unheard from and unseen at practice. The fact that Stacy is doing some activities, however minimal, is a positive IMO.

Fwiw, when Foles got his concussion, he was basically unheard from and unseen at practice. The fact that Stacy is doing some activities, however minimal, is a positive IMO.
They don't do much on Wednesdays after a concussion. Friday is the day to watch to see if he is practicing.

Even being cleared, I'm not feeling a SF matchup on the road. The concussion is reason enough much less that defense right now. Benching him as a flex for Harvin.

I guess the upside is that if he does play and has success against the 9ers, it would be pretty impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread