What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Zac Taylor: Coach of the Year? (1 Viewer)

Yogibear

Footballguy
There's been a lot of talk about Bill Belichick winning coach of the year, but I've got a real dark horse who's not getting enough consideration: Zac Taylor of the Bengals.  I mean, they just swept the Steelers for the first time since 2009, and they already obliterated the Ravens earlier in their own stadium.  As far as I'm concerned, Zac Taylor should be the leading candidate for Coach of the Year.  So why is he not being talked about?

At what point does Matt Lafleur get credit?  Has not lost back to back games in his 2 and a half years in GB.  Is it just that he has Rodgers that he doesn't get the credit.  Despite all the injuries and moving pieces on the Oline and on defense...they just keep getting the job done.

Taylor should be in the mix along with BB, Kingsbury and Vrabel if he can figure out a way to keep his team viable with all their injuries.

At what point does Matt Lafleur get credit?  Has not lost back to back games in his 2 and a half years in GB.  Is it just that he has Rodgers that he doesn't get the credit.  Despite all the injuries and moving pieces on the Oline and on defense...they just keep getting the job done.
Easy to be a good coach when your QB is league MVP.

sho nuff said:

Yes. Plus the Packers are in the NFC North. With Rodgers, they are essentially a lock to have a winning record every year regardless of the coaching staff because Vikings, Lions, Bears. 

The NFCW is still despite the woes of SEA, and SF not meeting their over hyped expectations is still the most competitive in the NFC. GNB and TAM have elite quarterbacks who have won championships with other teams and coaches, DAL plays in a weak division and has a favorable SOS partly because of that (and no way Mike McCarthy has shown he is a candidate in the first place), which leaves Kingsbury in the drivers seat within the rest of the NFC head coaches, with Arizona's back end schedule post bye week looking like at the least a 3-3 split or better with a chance to sweep the division with two games left against teams they have beaten soundly.

In the AFC: yeah I can see Taylor, but I can also see Staley. Yet Kingsbury has the opening win streak at seven consecutive games, while not losing two in a row. Not even Belichick has that.

There's been a lot of talk about Bill Belichick winning coach of the year, but I've got a real dark horse who's not getting enough consideration: Zac Taylor of the Bengals.  I mean, they just swept the Steelers for the first time since 2009, and they already obliterated the Ravens earlier in their own stadium.  As far as I'm concerned, Zac Taylor should be the leading candidate for Coach of the Year.  So why is he not being talked about?

Because the Bengals never get credit for anything. They can be the best team in football and no one would know it for 3 weeks after the fact. Then once the Bengals did get a little praise they would go into a prime time game and lay an egg and it will be back to square one. (Same old Bengals 😒)

Kingsbury would be my top option with BB, Harbaugh, Taylor, and Lafluer to follow in no particular order. Vrabel, Shanahan, and Fangio are the next up imo. 

Umm, he is.  He's 4th in COTY odds.

Now, they just swept the Ravens.  If they beat the Chiefs next week, not only do they clinch the AFC North, but Zac Taylor should go ahead & be the front runner for Coach of the Year.  Does anyone want to doubt me?

Yes. Plus the Packers are in the NFC North. With Rodgers, they are essentially a lock to have a winning record every year regardless of the coaching staff because Vikings, Lions, Bears. 

The Packers won 7 games in 2017 and 6 games in 2018.  LaFleur took over in 2019 and won 13 games, then won 13 in 2020, and has won 12 this season with 2 to play.  The Packers swept the NFC West and AFC North 8-0.  I don't think this should be close.

Now, they just swept the Ravens.  If they beat the Chiefs next week, not only do they clinch the AFC North, but Zac Taylor should go ahead & be the front runner for Coach of the Year.  Does anyone want to doubt me?
I'd still take LaFleur over him. 

I'd make a case for Burrow as MVP though.

Users who are viewing this thread