What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ZWK's All-Flex Best Ball League (1 Viewer)

ZWK

Footballguy
I'm running a 12-team all-flex best ball league for honor and glory.

https://www63.myfantasyleague.com/2020/home/72743#0

Draft-only, best ball, total points for the entire NFL regular season.

29 player rosters, start your 14 highest scoring players each week with no position requirements. You could start 14 kickers. You could roster 29 kickers if you really want to. Or none.

Scoring is the same for every position. They're all just football players. They get points for what they do, regardless of whether they're listed as QB, RB, WR, TE, or PK.

Full scoring rules here. Mostly typical PPR, but with reduced scoring for passing: 3 pts per passing TD, -0.1 per sack yard, and -5 per INT. Also -5 per fumble lost. Last year Lamar Jackson was the only QB who made the top 10, and Dak Prescott was the only other one in the top 20 (though Mahomes & Brees were top 20 in ppg). So all-flex doesn't necessarily mean get as many QBs as possible.

Instead of snaking after every round, the draft will have only 2 turns. The team that picks first in rd1 will pick last in every round from 2-10, and then first again in rounds 11-29. So your picks are almost always 12 apart regardless of draft slot. You can select your draft slot (I'll generate a random order in which we get to select draft slots).

Draft will start as soon as we have 12 owners and have finalized the draft order. We'll start with no clock, but if it gets too sluggish I might set it to 8 hrs (pausing overnight).

Reply to sign up.

If Dodds' leagues are Anarchy, then what do you call this? Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!!!

Needless to say, I'm in.

• Smile
Reactions: ZWK
If Dodds' leagues are Anarchy, then what do you call this? Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!!!

Needless to say, I'm in.
What I love is that if you look at each rule you can see its elegant simplicity and also its off-the-wall madness, at the same time.

All flex spots? How do you even...

You just start your highest scoring players? What could be simpler?

Seems fitting for these times.

Thanks for the invite. I’ll look into it more later. One of the things I enjoy about drafting is debating the choice is between the various positions. Seems like this tribe of draft is just a straight best player available relative to points scored

A defense is not a person. Including them in this league, and having a whole separate set of scoring rules just for them, just seems unnatural.
:lol: yeah, my starting 8 QBs and 6 TEs is totally natural.

BassNBrew said:
Thanks for the invite. I’ll look into it more later. One of the things I enjoy about drafting is debating the choice is between the various positions. Seems like this tribe of draft is just a straight best player available relative to points scored
Regarding the bolded, exactly how I feel  :thumbup:

I won't take all QB's, just not possible. However, deciding positional value with regard to roster spots is something I always wanted to do for a league, in a best player available setting.

No PK's, TE's, D, IDP heck yeah, sign me up. After all, this is Fantasy (insert Aldo Nova youtube link)

:banned:

League is half full. Looking for 6 more owners.

We could do it with fewer owners and larger rosters/lineups, but if we go that route then something like 9 teams seems better than 6.

Users who are viewing this thread