What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Zzzzzzzz...Sleepers Week 8! (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
Lazard OUT
Deebo OUT
Chase OUT
Zeke?

-Sammy Watkins, Christian Watson perhaps? Some assume Doubbs but he's had a few weeks to seize control and that simply isn't happening. Watson was able to get open but had a hard time catching the ball, Packers are 3-4 and likely to get rolled by Buffalo...even in a blowout you might see one of these Green Bay WRs rack up some yds and catches during garbage time,

-Tyler Boyd might not be a sleeper but with Chase unavailable, Boyd suddenly has Top 15-20 upside, could finish higher than Higgins.

-Van Jefferson is coming back for the Rams. With ARob3 not connecting with Stafford, you could see Jefferson start to make a splash.

-Latavius Murray might be in line for a larger size of the touches tomorrow

-Brandon Aiyuk, obviously with Deebo out of the line up, he would seem obvious to factor more in the passing game and there are other role players on the team at receiver.

-Elijah Moore, with the unfortunate early end to Breece Hall's terrific explosion coming into the NFL, Moore was wanting a trade for lack of touches. Corey Davis is OUT, if Moore doesn't see a steady diet of targets and touches of all types this weekend, then it might be time to panic even in Dynasty formats.

What do you got?

Last edited:
Pollard has to be a huge and obvious sleeper for Dallas if Zeke is a no go. Just the fact everyone is talking about this, Pollard should touch the ball more than he has all season.

Love this one at TE, he has to see a slight uptick in targets. Put Hurst into the Gerald Everett box for the next 4 weeks. He's not very talented and doesn't make a lot of plays but he can catch the ball, turn around and flop forward for a first down when they need him to.

5/50+, TD chances have to increase, great move.

Not sure it’s this week but soon - shakir

Really? Gabe Davis kept flashing more potential than Shakir has, and it still took them 2 years to utilize him. It's not a rookie-friendly system.
Here's the thing, what if one of the Buffalo 3 starting WRs is unavailable? Crowder is on IR, not sure if its the whole season or what but Shakir looks good, had a decent game couple weeks ago and if anything happens he is going to be productive.

But I hear you and I get where you are coming from. Every WR is different

Last edited:
Just putting this out there: Very strong hunch the lead RB for the Rams tomorrow is Ronnie Rivers. Brown has been unimpressive, Kyren isn’t back yet and Henderson isn’t healthy. Tough matchup with SF but I’ve speculatively added Rivers in every lg I need RB help in case he pops.
Yeah saw some reddit speculation about this too. Supposedly a team trainer said it in a rams Facebook group. Reddit also broke the Jamarr Chase news and the reason why that NBA rookie on the Spurs was released.

Just putting this out there: Very strong hunch the lead RB for the Rams tomorrow is Ronnie Rivers. Brown has been unimpressive, Kyren isn’t back yet and Henderson isn’t healthy. Tough matchup with SF but I’ve speculatively added Rivers in every lg I need RB help in case he pops.
Never heard of 'em. But just swapped Trey Sermon for him as a dynasty stash 🤷‍♂️ Thanks for the tip

Never heard of 'em. But just swapped Trey Sermon for him as a dynasty stash 🤷‍♂️ Thanks for the tip
I hadn’t either before I saw that tweet. Worth pointing out, though, that while Berry says Henderson “isn’t healthy”, he was removed from the final injury report.

Worth a stash if you have room, I suppose, but totally speculative

I hadn’t either before I saw that tweet. Worth pointing out, though, that while Berry says Henderson “isn’t healthy”, he was removed from the final injury report.

Worth a stash if you have room, I suppose, but totally speculative
I think Berry is reaching for clicks here.

Really? Gabe Davis kept flashing more potential than Shakir has, and it still took them 2 years to utilize him. It's not a rookie-friendly system.

You may be right. Has even Gabe Davis been that great? Seems TD dependent.

But like MOP said Shakir can play all 3 spots but more importantly Mckenzie is regressing by accounts I have read. It may be simply a hot hands issue where Shakir takes over and doesn't look back.

You want that guy now before you have to try and put in waivers on Tue/Wed?
Shakir on the radar even while his rankings from FBG's are literally barely found scrolling way down for this week and ROS. That being said, and I listen to all the chatter, this guy is a very talented player that will likely see his share increase starting this week. The question is whom do I drop to make it work? Well, my one team has 1 pick up left and since BUF plays tonight I will monitor my bench players, which are D Jones (just picked him up), Godwin (sat for 6 better choices), W Robinson (upside add), A Gibson (left for dead, I grabbed him for AJ Dillon), and K Knox (another piece of the BUF pie). Unless there is an injury or down game from W Robinson I likely won't pull the trigger on Shakir.

Basically Wan'Dale Robinson or Khalil Shakir. What do you think, MoP? Watch Robinson and then decide?

Shakir on the radar even while his rankings from FBG's are literally barely found scrolling way down for this week and ROS. That being said, and I listen to all the chatter, this guy is a very talented player that will likely see his share increase starting this week. The question is whom do I drop to make it work? Well, my one team has 1 pick up left and since BUF plays tonight I will monitor my bench players, which are D Jones (just picked him up), Godwin (sat for 6 better choices), W Robinson (upside add), A Gibson (left for dead, I grabbed him for AJ Dillon), and K Knox (another piece of the BUF pie). Unless there is an injury or down game from W Robinson I likely won't pull the trigger on Shakir.

Basically Wan'Dale Robinson or Khalil Shakir. What do you think, MoP? Watch Robinson and then decide?
Robinson is starting, Shakir is a reserve. Godwin is on waivers in my leagues still. Knox is on the release list everywhere, fyi

Toney was traded from the Giants to KC if I read the news correctly

Robinson is starting, Shakir is a reserve. Godwin is on waivers in my leagues still. Knox is on the release list everywhere, fyi

Toney was traded from the Giants to KC if I read the news correctly
I get the Knox knocks lol, but he scored last game he played, was injured, and was terrific last year. I had Knox and Gronk and they made a good pair. I'm keeping Knox (on my bench this week) and starting Freiermuth. Muth has a bye week 9. Knox will likely start next week at TE. I can see him ascending from like TE #16 back into top TE #12 range. Anyway, MoP, I go against the grain on Knox for now. He's a hold and watch tonight. Shakir is such an interesting add. But again, two BILLS on the same team, although both streamers for now.

Edit: Shakir for Knox is a possibility, but then next week it's TE streaming and dropping one of these players anyway. Probably hold and stand pat for now, unless things happen during the early games.

Very true but mckinzie hasn’t done anything, and he’s small and could get hurt again, this guy reminds me of a younger deebo..(shakir)

With Chase, Deebo and Lazard my usual starters, I'm tempted to plug in Shakir for some upside. It's hard to get excited about Zay Jones and Allen Robinson II in the lineup...

Dropped LA WR Skowonrek for RB Ronnie Rivers since Van Jefferson is active. Figured roll the dice at end of the bench
I recall reading something about him off-season so I knew who he was but don’t recall his “value”

Users who are viewing this thread