What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Should I be cocky tonight (WATCH DRAFT) (1 Viewer)

Ok so Im in a friend league, Not my big money, Rather cheap actually.

Its a 12 team regular 1 pt per rec league 1qb-2rb-2wr-1flex

I know

9pm est watch the draft here

http://football8.myfantasyleague.com/2004/...ns?L=79816&O=17

1. Priest

2. LT

3. Ahman Green

4. (ME)

Im actually thinking about PICKING MOSS HERE

because

5. Joe Horn, Jimmy Smith

6. ------ (dont know)

7. ------ dont know

8. Brett Favre, another packer

9. Vick, then mcnabb in 2nd

10 -----

11. Harrison, then manning

12 ------

So i know these people picking 5,7,911... don't know how to draft so i figure why not and jump on Moss knowing i can get Henry and Chris Brown in the 2nd and 3rd.

I could even possibly go Moss-Holt-RB-RB-RB

Should i go balls out?

Last edited by a moderator:
If it is just a league with friends, I say why not? Go Moss, Holt and then maybe Barlow if he is available. Come back with like Tiki Barber or Chris Brown or Staley.

pick whoever you want because the way those jokers in your league are gonna draft, youll have plenty of RBs to load up on in rounds 2-4.Horn in the 1st? Favre 7th overall? You should lobby to get the entry fee bumped up a few hundred bucks. Easy money.

I also have the 4th in 12 teamer this week. 0.5/rec otherwise standard.But this is a big money work league. I was also thinking Moss here.Most Likely:1. Holmes2. LT3. Green4. Deuce, Alexanader or MossLooking at top 200 at 21, my next pick Brian Westbrook may be there along with Chris Brown and Thomas JonesAt my 3rd (28) Curtis Martin or Duce.Chances are I wont do this but it has crossed my mind about a zillion times the last few days.

I tried this in the OMega League with the 5th pick.It meant passing Duece for Moss, but ensured two #1 recevers. And I have Duece in my other two leagues, so I figured wtf. My results:Gannon, Rich OAK QB - 10 10.08Garcia, Jeff CLE QB - 8 8.08Rattay, Tim SFO QB - 7 14.08Bell, Tatum DEN RB - 10 11.05Jones, Julius DAL RB - 4 5.05Jones, Thomas CHI RB - 5 3.05Suggs, Lee CLE RB - 8 4.08Bryant, Antonio DAL WR - 4 18.08Davis, Andre' CLE WR - 8 15.05Evans, Lee BUF WR - 3 17.05Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR - 6 6.08Johnson, Chad CIN WR - 5 2.08Moss, Randy MIN WR - 4 1.05Clark, Desmond CHI TE - 5 16.08Witten, Jason DAL TE - 4 12.08Brown, Josh SEA PK - 4 13.05Panthers, Carolina CAR Def - 3 9.05Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def - 6 7.05

this just in Vick at 9, along with mcnabb coming back for him...Likes to play the matchup he saidIm loving Moss at 4 hoping for taylor in the 2nd now greedy :D thank god by big money shark league will actually have good draft picks..this is going to be a funny trash talking friend league which will result in me winning by saying"dude you picked jerome bettis in the 3rd"

I'm in the same position this evening in an old friends Yahoo 8 teamer. Considering his sister and his mom are in there I might work in reverse and take the Ravens in the first round. Otherwise, I'll end up with Culpepper, LT2, McAllister, Taylor, Holt and C Johnson in the first 6 rounds. Wouldn't be a bit sporting, that.

Has the draft started yet? Remember to give us a treat and post the results :) .

I have asked the guppies what they are doing and they are all telling me verbally.I really don't think they would lie. Plus the person who is picking favre is a pack fan alot of homer picks and another played qb in college so is biased and picks qbs

I tried this in the OMega League with the 5th pick.It meant passing Duece for Moss, but ensured two #1 recevers. And I have Duece in my other two leagues, so I figured wtf. My results:Gannon, Rich OAK QB - 10 10.08Garcia, Jeff CLE QB - 8 8.08Rattay, Tim SFO QB - 7 14.08Bell, Tatum DEN RB - 10 11.05Jones, Julius DAL RB - 4 5.05Jones, Thomas CHI RB - 5 3.05Suggs, Lee CLE RB - 8 4.08Bryant, Antonio DAL WR - 4 18.08Davis, Andre' CLE WR - 8 15.05Evans, Lee BUF WR - 3 17.05Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR - 6 6.08Johnson, Chad CIN WR - 5 2.08Moss, Randy MIN WR - 4 1.05Clark, Desmond CHI TE - 5 16.08Witten, Jason DAL TE - 4 12.08Brown, Josh SEA PK - 4 13.05Panthers, Carolina CAR Def - 3 9.05Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def - 6 7.05
You really think this team is better than what you would have gotten drafting Deuce at #4?I really don't understand the idea that, because people in your league might make poor selections, that you should make poor selections too.

starts at 9, if you can teach me how to make it open to the public to view ill do thatMyfantasyleague.com the link is in my sig
I do't know how to do that because I am not familiar with MFL. Maybe someone else can.

Hey, just wanted to say good luck with the draft. Hope you get Moss and your other projected players. 10 mins to draft time... :popcorn:

all those pre-draft selections will help you as well. 3 teams pre-drafted the whole draft?????yes, go Moss as Taylor,James,Barlow and who knows who else will be there for 2nd and 3rd picks. you should clean house. Anything less will be considered a failure.

Good lord, look at all those Ds gone, and they aren't even good defenses.

You can't be serious!! This league is too much!Eddie George @ 2.05? :rotflmao: Good luck but I for see a championship for you in this league!!!

You can't be serious!! This league is too much!Eddie George @ 2.05? :rotflmao: Good luck but I for see a championship for you in this league!!!
Yeah, let me know when there is an opening in this league...taking candy from a baby. Jimmy Smith at 2.08?

Good lord, look at all those Ds gone, and they aren't even good defenses.
*cough*teamquarterback*cough*
O, thanks... I have never played TMQB so I just thought it was defenses.LOL Moss and James. Follow up with another stud RB.

O, thanks... I have never played TMQB so I just thought it was defenses.

LOL Moss and James. Follow up with another stud RB.
I thought the same thing for a bit, actually. :) Then I thought, they may be bad but they can't all be that bad.

Go for Taylor and hope Ward or Johnson makes it back. Knowing this league, they just might.

I wouldn't say he has the Championship locked up...I like the guy who drafted at 1.10 who has Alexander and Jamal Lewis. I like that much better then Moss and James.

Users who are viewing this thread