What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If you want to get responses to questions (2 Viewers)

David Yudkin

Footballguy
To help encourage people to provide feedback on questions in the ACF, please be sure to include:- Size of League (Number of Teams)- Type of League (Dynasty, Redraft, etc.)- Weekly Starting Requirements- Scoring System- Your Entire Roster (if looking to drop Player A for Player B)This way, those that are reading your post can have a much better idea of what to recommend without guessing.You may also want to indicate what you are leaning toward or might be intending to do.

You may also want to indicate what you are leaning toward or might be intending to do.
Hey David,Great suggestions here. The only thing I don't really agree with is the quoted suggestion. It seems that when a poster states what he/she is leaning towards, many replies will just go along with it as a quick, thoughtless answer.When I post a question, I try to leave my opinion out of it so I don't bias the replies. I have done both methods (giving my thoughts and not) and not giving it seems to get more thoughtful replies.Just my 2 cents.

I'm more inclined to reply to someone who has a plan in mind, but is checking if they have overlooked something. There are too many numpties who as WDIS, then list their entire friggin' roster and expect the good people here do the work for them. Tthreads like that just make me think that the person who started it is too lazy to do their own research and really shouldn't play in FFL.To me, it doesn't matter what someone's opinion is - I'll post mine either way.

David,Thanks. I'd like to offer another if I could - please list the opponents of the players you are considering, and whether it's a home or road game (vs. Sea, at Bal, etc). This can often be the deciding factor if it's truly a toss-up decision.

I have another suggestion and I have no clue why more people don't do this. If possible put your post in the form of a poll. Tons of people can then just click on who to start instead of replying.

David,Thanks. I'd like to offer another if I could - please list the opponents of the players you are considering, and whether it's a home or road game (vs. Sea, at Bal, etc). This can often be the deciding factor if it's truly a toss-up decision.
This info is crucial and I often won't answer a thread because I don't feel like looking up opponents, homefield, etc. If someone wants my opinion or insight fine but don't expect me to do research for you.

David,Another suggestion is to have people on the boards to answer questions at certain times. A few of us tried this on our own a few weeks back but it never seemed to take off. I enjoy helping people out and offering my opinions/experience/knowledge and am on here nightly. I'm sure you could get a few guys to be on at certai times to host a thread and to field questions. You could PM me if you were to set something like this up.

First of all, there are far too many people on here that are simply looking for awnsers to ther questions and want no part of offering advice on others questions or posts. also, as someone that has strong opinions and likes to express them, I often enjoy posting my thoughts on others questions. The "exchange" of " look at my post and ill awnser yours" seems .... insulting to me. I look forward to the opportunity to help people and offer my advice. Like an offer or bribe in the headline to "reply to mine" should be leverage to get a response in the first place is silly, and additionallly it is very rarely followed through on. And fianlly, why do so many people read the threads but refuse to take the time to post a short opinion? If you are there reading it, why not simply post a short reply with a little back up to their opinion. Seeing that 18 people had viewed your post and you have one response is almost as Frustrating as the one response bieng "Yes, do it. Please see my post" If everyone was more participative and involved and was a littel more certious with the posts and replies this could be a better experience for all of us.

First of all, there are far too many people on here that are simply looking for awnsers to ther questions and want no part of offering advice on others questions or posts. also, as someone that has strong opinions and likes to express them, I often enjoy posting my thoughts on others questions. The "exchange" of " look at my post and ill awnser yours" seems .... insulting to me. I look forward to the opportunity to help people and offer my advice. Like an offer or bribe in the headline to "reply to mine" should be leverage to get a response in the first place is silly, and additionallly it is very rarely followed through on. And fianlly, why do so many people read the threads but refuse to take the time to post a short opinion? If you are there reading it, why not simply post a short reply with a little back up to their opinion. Seeing that 18 people had viewed your post and you have one response is almost as Frustrating as the one response bieng "Yes, do it. Please see my post" If everyone was more participative and involved and was a littel more certious with the posts and replies this could be a better experience for all of us.
good post

If you have a WDIS question list the players AND their opponents. The AC will be posting on Fridays for a few hours. I ask for nothing in return. You're welcome.

I agree but not many people are willing to respond with that type of detail. Most of us have busy lives and only have time to write a couple sentences. That doesn't make the advice any less valid. Obviously the more detail the better, but be realistic. Most people can't or won't spend their lives waiting for a reply on their posts. I love fantasy football, but I love other areas of my life too."I'll respond to yours" shouldn't be insulting.

Last edited by a moderator:
A sort of follow-up to responders: try to give actual REASONS for your response (I'm not faultless there either). If someone says "WDIS, A or B"....."B" is a weak answer.

if you post a poll, answer some other ones. if you have any additional insight that may be helpful reply to it, but at least VOTE. Its not hard and very fast. Sometimes this is all they may need, thus they made it apoll. Post for post, poll for poll.

Personally, I'm about done with this section of the board. I come here on a regular basis and try to answer 15-20 posts. When I post a question I get 2 or 3 responses. You can't expect people to help you if you're not willing to reciprocate.

I hear you. It's a good concept (ie to get various opinions) but it seems to me that most people here are POSs who aren't willing to give back what they get.

don't you basically want to get as many points as you can? It shouldn't matter who your opponent is starting. (or do you think it's a good strategy to start a receiver the opposing QB may be throwing to?)

I've gotta start 3 of these WR's....who do I go with ? (my league is TD-heavy scoring)R Moss (redzone looks only)N Burleson (will get looks since Moss is limited)R Wayne (is definitely starting)D Bennett (injured ? if he plays should get some looks since there's no one else to throw to other than Mason)I'm leaning towards Wayne, Moss and maybe Bennett but not sure yet. Moss is messing this all up....TD=6pts every 25 yrd rec=1pt

I feel the best way to get responses to your posts is to answer others. I know that if I get good feedback on a response I immediately look at there name and then look to see if they have any questions posted.

I've gotta start 3 of these WR's....who do I go with ? (my league is TD-heavy scoring)R Moss (redzone looks only)N Burleson (will get looks since Moss is limited)R Wayne (is definitely starting)D Bennett (injured ? if he plays should get some looks since there's no one else to throw to other than Mason)I'm leaning towards Wayne, Moss and maybe Bennett but not sure yet. Moss is messing this all up....TD=6pts every 25 yrd rec=1pt
You hit your head on heavy objects a lot don't ya

When I check in here during the season, I answer the questions of anyone whose name I recognize from the FFA or the SP or preseason ACF.

I reply to 1-3 posts/polls per day since I signed up. You guys need to stop crying like little girls, DAMN! For everyone else that is not acting like be*^hes and can offer any help, I GUARANTEE I will reply to your poll/question..Seriously though it's like a bunch of girls in here..

I tend to check in here more in the offseason. The Fall & early Winter is always busy for me with my endless pursuit of migratory fish, hunting, managing several fantasy leagues and chasing fat chicks.When I check in, I try to answer the posts that pertain to roster building/trading. I find them more interesting to read and analyze compared to the WDIS questions that you can find answers for from about 10-15 websites each week.In the last year.....Tick would be the AC MVP. Everytime I check the AC out, he usually has replied to a few posts. For those of you that appreciate my opinion. Feel free to PM me about a question you may have, since I don't regularly get on the AC. I'm always willing to try to help someone else out. As long as they are not in any of my leagues :) .-salmonstud

First of all, there are far too many people on here that are simply looking for awnsers to ther questions and want no part of offering advice on others questions or posts.

also, as someone that has strong opinions and likes to express them, I often enjoy posting my thoughts on others questions. The "exchange" of " look at my post and ill awnser yours" seems .... insulting to me.

I look forward to the opportunity to help people and offer my advice. Like an offer or bribe in the headline to "reply to mine" should be leverage to get a response in the first place is silly, and additionallly it is very rarely followed through on.

And fianlly, why do so many people read the threads but refuse to take the time to post a short opinion?

If you are there reading it, why not simply post a short reply with a little back up to their opinion. Seeing that 18 people had viewed your post and you have one response is almost as Frustrating as the one response bieng

"Yes, do it. Please see my post"

If everyone was more participative and involved and was a littel more certious with the posts and replies this could be a better experience for all of us.
To your question about why some read the posts and don't reply..........couldn't it be that all don't know the answer or don't feel experienced enough to give a valid response. I know if I post a question, I want only those who know what they're talking about.

I tend to check in here more in the offseason. The Fall & early Winter is always busy for me with my endless pursuit of migratory fish, hunting, managing several fantasy leagues and chasing fat chicks.
Da U.P. eh?

Hey, salmon, how was this season for fat chicks? I almost got a 32-inch-waister once, but I let her get away when I sobered up.

I am in a 16 team league that is quite different than most leagues as rushing TDs are 6 pts and all passing and receiving tds are only 3. Obviously the league is heavily weighted towards RBs, even to the point a couple of years ago that the firs t20 picks were all RBS.The league is not a re-draft or dynasty league. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 D/ST and 1 K.Just like 2 years ago, I have the #1 pick. And just like 2 years ago, I will likely take LT... but thats the easy part. What to do at 32/33 and again at 64/65 is whats the toughest thing. 2 years ago, I took 2 marginal starting RBs (hoping 1 would be a solid starter each week), but both Zeroeue and A Train flopped. Then, in a calculated risk, I took Vick (who was hurt) and Hesselbeck with my next 2 picks. I am not sure that this strategy is the right one. Last year, the team that drafted 1st took Holt and Chad Johnson with his next 2, eventually trading one to get a 2nd RB. Do you think this is a good strategy?Inanalyzing my leagues last 3 drafts and using your VBD, it seems that the best VALUE at 32/33 is a WR then an RB, and at 64/65 is another WR and RB. I am totally confused on whats the best approach.Any thoughts????

I know I'm new to these forums, but not to FF.One other suggestion I would make to those folks asking for advice regarding what picks to make early...give more insight about the OWNERS of you league. For example...rookie owners have a strong tendency to overvalue QB's, while the guys who've done more/better research and have experiance won't.Way too many posts/replies in these threads seem to assume that the vast majority of the owners in these leagues know what they are doing.Someone asked whether they should take Manning with the fourth pick...and that's the perfect example of what I mean. My answer to that question is different in a league of mostly rookie owners versus one of mostly experianced and knowledgeable owners!

I'd like to add that it is much easier to provide feedback in the AC forum if the question is set up as a poll.Quick, easy to understand - I can review a lot more that way. Not the best qualitative feedback, but if you can, put your question in a poll to get more responses IMHO.

DAVID....please look at mine and advise/critique...do I need to shorten post in the future? got mult looks w /no answer/help....danka.

14 Teams.Redraft. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF.1 pt. per reception.6 points per touchdown (1 pt. bonus over 50 yards, 2 pt. bonus over 60 yards)1 pont per 10 yards rushing/receiving.1 point per 30 yards passing.No interception penalty.Usual field goal points. 16 points for shutout, 10 points 1-6 points allowed. QBs-Favre, LeftwichRBs-Barber, Westbrook, Anderson, S. DavisWRs-Coles, McCardell, Travis Taylor, Crayton, Frisman (had Walker)TE-Shockey, FranksK-KaedingD-Bears Should I trade Stephen Davis for Kennison? Serious WR trouble here.

14 Teams.

Redraft.

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF.

1 pt. per reception.

6 points per touchdown (1 pt. bonus over 50 yards, 2 pt. bonus over 60 yards)

1 pont per 10 yards rushing/receiving.

1 point per 30 yards passing.

No interception penalty.

Usual field goal points.

16 points for shutout, 10 points 1-6 points allowed.

QBs-Favre, Leftwich

RBs-Barber, Westbrook, Anderson, S. Davis

WRs-Coles, McCardell, Travis Taylor, Crayton, Frisman (had Walker)

TE-Shockey, Franks

K-Kaeding

D-Bears

Should I trade Stephen Davis for Kennison? Serious WR trouble here.
terrible trade

Just wanted to add...there are now FOUR places you can go to guarantee an answer to your question.

Tick is fantastic with dynasty questions.

The Coach's Corner...good, quality people.

Lombo is good during the week, *excellent* last minute, when most of us are gone.

And, of course, my thread...with the only restriction that you don't post a new topic on your question as well (to keep the flow of other topics off the front page down.)

And if you do post, either in these threads, or on your own, *please* answer at least 2 questions, and put a little analysis into your reply. If everyone did just that, this place would be absolutely fantastic.

Playing first place team and looking for an upset.Scoring: 1pt/25 yds rush and rec.1 pt/5 receptions6 pt/TDMust start 4 of the following including at least 1 RB:Mike Anderon vs. B-moreCadillac Williams @ CarolinaTory Holt @ MinnHines Ward vs. ChiDrew Bennett @ HouTJ Housh vs. ClevelandKeenan McCardell vs. MiamiPlease help ruin the braggard's season.

HELP!!!!!!!I have Alexander, Jordan and Dominic Davis. I know Jordan is out. Any word on Davis? If Davis doesn't play any one you suggest to pick up. FisherMarion BarberBarlowGore Greg JonesWells

Need some help.

10 team league, 3 keepers, draft format

standard scoring

start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, K, Def, 1 flex

I have Peyton, Julie Jones, Willie Parker, Plaxico, and Darrell Jackson starting

I have one flex spot left to fill:

Question:

Start Kevin Jones or Antonio Bryant?

Need some help.10 team league, 3 keepers, draft formatstandard scoringstart 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, K, Def, 1 flexI have Peyton, Julie Jones, Willie Parker, Plaxico, and Darrell Jackson startingI have one flex spot left to fill:Question:Start Kevin Jones or Antonio Bryant?
What's wrong with people that makes them put questions in this thread?

So many great ideas. my input would be, do not give advice unless you ahve specific reason for it. Being a homer is not a reason to start someone.

I'm wondering who to start, D. Foster or R. Bush

1qb, 1 rb, 1 wr, 2 rb/wr, 1 te, 1 k, 1 def

1 point per rec

1 point/10 yds rush/rec

6 points/td

Need some help.10 team league, 3 keepers, draft formatstandard scoringstart 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, K, Def, 1 flexI have Peyton, Julie Jones, Willie Parker, Plaxico, and Darrell Jackson startingI have one flex spot left to fill:Question:Start Kevin Jones or Antonio Bryant?
What's wrong with people that makes them put questions in this thread?
:goodposting: i gotta take a :pics:

I posted this about a year ago. Seemed to be appropriate again...

I have found that if I post a question on the Assistant Coach, I'm lucky if I get more than a couple of responses. Why should people respond, what's in it for them? Here are the secrets of success:

1) Post your questions on the Assistant Coach, where it belongs. If you post in the Shark Pool, you will not get meaningful answers. You will get flamed. People will stop answering your questions wherever they are posted if you continue to do this.

2) Use your title wisely. If you say "Help me out" in your title, you'll likely get no interest. If you mention the crux of your decision in the title, you might find people who are asking the same question to be interested in reading and maybe responding. So, "Should I start Peyton or Krenzel?" would be a good title.

3) Put an "I'll respond to your link" in your subtitle. DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU DON'T INTEND ON RESPONDING TO ALL. However, this simple statement has always achieved many responses for me. This gets back to the "what's in it for them" question.

4) Look for other people who have the "I'll respond to your link" in their subtitle and answer their question and leave a link. ONLY RESPOND IF YOU HAVE A REASONABLY INTELLIGENT OPINION. Don't answer an IDP question if you think Ray Lewis is a boxer. Using this method, I get about a 75% success rate in responses.

5) After a half day or so, your post will likely drop to the second page, and will unlikely be picked up randomly. DO NOT BUMP YOUR POST. Simply go back and repeat step 3, and if they use your link and respond, you are automatically bumped.

6) Look for those little angels who occasionally open up and answer all questions over a period of time (e.g. an hour). They are very generous, and usually very wise. They always, ALWAYS will be found in the Assistant Coach forum, not the Shark Pool.

7) Post on the Assistant Coach board, that is where the answers are, if you follow 1-6 above.

If you follow these steps, you will have more opinions than you will know what to do with. I have found that some very difficult decisions were easy when everybody piped in. They have been almost always right.

If others have suggestions, as well, please add them.

To help encourage people to provide feedback on questions in the ACF, please be sure to include:

- Size of League (Number of Teams)

- Type of League (Dynasty, Redraft, etc.)

- Weekly Starting Requirements

- Scoring System

- Your Entire Roster (if looking to drop Player A for Player B)
please!!we have no way of knowing what the total options are when suggesting FA moves/trades

Another suggestion is to make simple questions, especially WDIS questions, into a poll. You will get a lot more responses that way because not everyone wants to post, but it's easy to vote in a poll.

I like to know WHY they want to make the trade. Are they trying to get a specific player or a generic upgrade. Alot of trading is about the owner, so anything you can tell us would be extremely helpful, especially if they are a homer. I 've run across homerism for the first time and my gawd it makes trading difficult. Very few answers are worse than "thanks for the great offer, but I refuse to have any players from [insert team] on my team" or "thanks for the great offer, but I do not trade away players from [insert team]".

Dynasty PPR League, decimal scoring .1 per yard, 6 pts per TD, Start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WR/TE, 1 PK, 1 Def, 12 teams, 25 man roster

I need another stud to put me over the top this year, but I don't want to give up too much to do it. How do you know when it's too much when the trade would better your team? If I can trade 2 - #2 guys [one RB (like Graham) and one WR (like Welker or Cotchery)] for a top tier WR (like T.O. or Colston) do I give up two solid guys for the Stud?

Full Roster in Signature

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread