What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

** Son of Survivor II Master Thread ** (1 Viewer)

Why should we allow roster moves given how big tyhe rosters are already? There isn't much left!BTW - who got the boot?

Why should we allow roster moves given how big tyhe rosters are already? There isn't much left!BTW - who got the boot?
According to the site, Aaron. 111.76 to 111.44 below CC.We can re-visit this next year. It obviously has no application to this year.

Losing Bennett to injury certainly hurt, and I said in my writeup he was the biggest risk/reward player on my retire roster. I don't think I've ever drafted Michael Bennett before this league, and I don't think I'll ever draft him again. He just seemed like the right pick at the time this draft was held.However, I think the poor performance by Deuce playing at home against Seattle was the bigger reason for my early exit. He performed well below expectations, and it wouldn't have taken much from him to save me after the huge week from Owens.Alexander stole all the TDs from Hasselbeck, and Coles and my TEs didn't do anything. Basically, had way too many of my high picks do very little or absolutely nothing.Funny that I seemed to be one of the consensus favorites and yet was the first to go. Just shows how unpredictable survivor leagues really are. Guess I'm still alive for the total points prize, so at least I'm not totally dead. We'll see if my team can rebound. I wouldn't be too surprised if it takes awhile before I post the lowest score again. Them's the breaks.BTW, nice comeback by CC :thumbup:

Cool - But, think outside the box - I think it lends a nice element to the game.
I would play in a regular, straight up league against you guys, but if we're playing in a survivor league, I'd rather stick with the same game.

Hey guys,I have already contacted Dodds on the scoring differences between the MFL site and what's posted.Here is what I have:1) Main FBG Site has 1 point per reception for RBS. Our league did not have reception points for RBS.2) We start 3 WRS. Main FBG Site is only counting 2.3)*** This one is interesting: MFL site is subtracting negative yards, FBG site is not.. (See Tomlinson) This one I'm not sure about... Did we take off for negative receiving/Rushing yards last year or not? The differences are not huge, but given that Aaron and CC were off by less than 1 point, a -.3 would have made a big difference one way or ther other.. If anyone remembers if we took off negative rush/receiving last year, or if you see any differences in the scoring systems, please let me know. I've already sent 3 e-mails to Dodds on this so I may as well just be the point person so we don't hammer him from all sides.. He's got enough to worry about now with the site being down and all.Thanks,Will

Cool - But, think outside the box - I think it lends a nice element to the game.
I would play in a regular, straight up league against you guys, but if we're playing in a survivor league, I'd rather stick with the same game.
I agree. Survivor is survivor. You draft based on the knowledge of no roster moves.

Funny that I seemed to be one of the consensus favorites and yet was the first to go. Just shows how unpredictable survivor leagues really are.
True dat - I took an exit last year in the second wek - well in advance of my supposed week 5 exit, and everyone thought outside that week, I was a strong candidate to go all the way.Deuce's struggles alarmed the heck out of me, but with the word that Haslett is already dumping his 2-TE single back blocking, which wasn't working last week, and is going back to his more traditional 1-TE/I-formation, that should set off Deuce.

Hey guys,I have already contacted Dodds on the scoring differences between the MFL site and what's posted.Here is what I have:1) Main FBG Site has 1 point per reception for RBS. Our league did not have reception points for RBS.2) We start 3 WRS. Main FBG Site is only counting 2.3)*** This one is interesting: MFL site is subtracting negative yards, FBG site is not.. (See Tomlinson) This one I'm not sure about... Did we take off for negative receiving/Rushing yards last year or not? The differences are not huge, but given that Aaron and CC were off by less than 1 point, a -.3 would have made a big difference one way or ther other.. If anyone remembers if we took off negative rush/receiving last year, or if you see any differences in the scoring systems, please let me know. I've already sent 3 e-mails to Dodds on this so I may as well just be the point person so we don't hammer him from all sides.. He's got enough to worry about now with the site being down and all.Thanks,Will
That's alarming, and you are point person - wonder why you can't deal with MFL directly??Might Aaron be back on board?

Check the defensive scoring as well. I believe there were differences between last year's scoring and what S1 is using.

That's alarming, and you are point person - wonder why you can't deal with MFL directly??Might Aaron be back on board?
Not an MFL issue.. I just think that Dodds is using a different scoring system to calculate what is presented on the main site. I think it's a home-grown app.Not sure of the specifics of it, but I send Dodds the scoring rules link along with the 3 issues that I noticed.. Thanks for the update BNB.. I'll check it again when I have a chance..

Last edited by a moderator:
If we didn't use negative scoring last year we should probably turn it off this year, as we said we'd keep the scoring the same. I think there was a place you could do it on the old version of MFL, but I can't find it now, so it might not be possible. It doesn't change the results for week 1 anyway. Aaron would gain .1 points for Hasselbeck, but wouldn't catch CC even if CC doesn't gain points from the change as well.

I can change the MFL site without any problems.I just don't know if I *should*.. I honestly don't remember if we had negative scoring last year or not. If someone remembers, please let me know.. I'll change it to whatever we had last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am unsure whether we had negative points, though I recall we may have had -1 for interceptions, which would beg the question of what happens if a WR throws an INT as his only contribution to the game and ends with a score of -1 - is that zero or -1 for his score?I do not recall what we did last year with that.Sorry I couldn't be more help.If we are 100 percent sure it won't change the score from last week, let's get everyone together and make a decision what to do going forward instead of #####-footing around with what we did last year.

Users who are viewing this thread