What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SHAUN ALEXANDER INFO (1 Viewer)

First off - thanks for the information on the ESPN interview. I hope all of that is true.Second - who is the SCHMUCK ESPN guy who doesn't even ask the question????? Alexander probably would've downplayed it, but geez. That is what everyone wants to know. :rolleyes:

well all I have to say is I am screwed this year. Alexander is my RB1 and Barlow is my RB2...good night everyone it has been a great season. Last place here I come wooooooooo :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: EDIT: Well it is good to hear about Alexander's down graded injury status but I am still very worried about Barlow :(
:rotflmao: That HAS to be the funniest avatar I've seen on these boards.Kudos for good taste & a sense of humor.

If Alexander is out for the year, this demonstrates why you should NEVER play in leagues that draft before the 2nd game of the regular season!

I go from celebrating his 3 TD day to reading this :wall: :cry: I was going to ride SA & DD into the playoffs. I really hope it's not serious. This kills me in 2 leagues. At least I have Morris in both :football:If it is serious I could always trade Trent Green or Pennington in a deal to get a good RB :excited:

Last edited by a moderator:
If Alexander is out for the year, this demonstrates why you should NEVER play in leagues that draft before the 2nd game of the regular season!
You must have drafted Buckhalter in July.

well all I have to say is I am screwed this year. Alexander is my RB1 and Barlow is my RB2...good night everyone it has been a great season. Last place here I come wooooooooo :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: EDIT: Well it is good to hear about Alexander's down graded injury status but I am still very worried about Barlow :(
:rotflmao: That HAS to be the funniest avatar I've seen on these boards.Kudos for good taste & a sense of humor.
ROFL. I love that avatar. I hope you don't mind but I borrowed it for my FFL team. I almost peed myself and had to have it.

Do these situatiions ever come out good?
Sometimes. After the game he walked off the field on his own ok. Just have to wait and see.
You can walk on a torn ACL. You just can't turn. Walking doesn't mean a thing....
Not sure it means anything, but Alexander is reported to have said in a post game interview that he is optimistic because the trainers were pulling on the leg and "tugging and twisting and biting" it and he had no pain (over and above the soreness he already felt).
Alexander had his knee wrapped after the game, said it was sore, but doctors told him it was all right."Nothing hurt worse than when the doctors were tugging at it and all," Alexander said. "But I'm assuming I'm going to be all right."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=240912018

28 Members: Zasada, orcinus, schooner44, scott46984, Arschloch, donnjuan, Reider, regularguy, jlcollins519, Charybdis, Jackal King, tuckryan, mobraten, Doovz, BigTuna, Crusaderfan, JJ Evans, Joe Kidd, MBH_14, Mini_Me, smcindoe, RDbrown, Warhogs, dirtyvicars, SwampDawg, Shep, Val Rannous, imeimexLots of Alexander owners like yours truly breathing one big sigh of relief.......

Alexander picked up a first down on a 9-yard carry to the Saints 49, but injured his right knee on the play and was helped off the field. The early diagnosis was a sprain, and Alexander would have ice applied to it and was later walking around on his own."It's sore but I'm alright," said Alexander on his knee. He would later get x-rays before departing for Seattle.From their official website :thumbup:

I love how an insignificant injury turned into "he's out for the year" hysteria in seconds.
I have heard that he was carried from the field on a stretcher. If that is the case, the concern is justified and you owe the Board an apology..........we're waiting. :popcorn:

Why would you draft right after week 1? Don't you have any idea how many players get hurt early in the season? Drafting that early is just stupid, and you're a stupid moron for playing in a league that drafts that early. I never play in any leagues that draft before week 8, and that's pushing it.

In my league, we start our draft in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl. We have less players to choose from, but we minimize injury problems.

Why would you draft right after week 1? Don't you have any idea how many players get hurt early in the season? Drafting that early is just stupid, and you're a stupid moron for playing in a league that drafts that early. I never play in any leagues that draft before week 8, and that's pushing it.
You guys are all nuts drafting before the playoffs. Right before week 13 is the ONLY time to draft.

28 Members: Zasada, orcinus, schooner44, scott46984, Arschloch, donnjuan, Reider, regularguy, jlcollins519, Charybdis, Jackal King, tuckryan, mobraten, Doovz, BigTuna, Crusaderfan, JJ Evans, Joe Kidd, MBH_14, Mini_Me, smcindoe, RDbrown, Warhogs, dirtyvicars, SwampDawg, Shep, Val Rannous, imeimexLots of Alexander owners like yours truly breathing one big sigh of relief.......
Darn right....somehow that to Alexander I have a slim lead even starting McNair and Mason and my opponent had Brady, then I hear about this injury and see my season pass before my eyes, now I can worry about holding on for the win.

oh well, 1st place, most points scoered for one week is good, no???Hey thats why I took 3 rb in the first 3 rounds. oh wait, i have chris brown too

The jury's still out on this one, folks. On the NFL on Fox postgame show, Howie reported "the Seahawks lost Shaun Alexander, but it's unsure for how long" or something to that effect, definitely used the term 'lost', though. Gonna have to wait & see, but I'll bet his knee will be swelling like a melon over the course of the evening.

I love how an insignificant injury turned into "he's out for the year" hysteria in seconds.
I have heard that he was carried from the field on a stretcher. If that is the case, the concern is justified and you owe the Board an apology..........we're waiting. :popcorn:
For those of us that actually watch this unfold1) he went down2) there was NO STRETCHER used but rather he was assisted off with the help of two teammates3) the trainers had him lay on a table to bend the knee a bit

well all I have to say is I am screwed this year.  Alexander is my RB1 and Barlow is my RB2...good night everyone it has been a great season.  Last place here I come wooooooooo :cry:   :cry:   :cry:   :cry:   :cry:   :cry:   EDIT: Well it is good to hear about Alexander's down graded injury status but I am still very worried about Barlow  :(
ROFL. I love that avatar. I hope you don't mind but I borrowed it for my FFL team. I almost peed myself and had to have it.
I don't mind you using the avatar...it will give everyone in your FFL a good laugh.Something I need today after the Alexander injury :loco:

Relax folks....it appears he's fine....Seahawks | Alexander Sore but All Right - from www.KFFL.comSun, 12 Sep 2004 16:34:40 -0700Associated Press reports Seattle Seahawks RB Shaun Alexander (knee) had his knee wrapped after the team's game Sunday, Sept. 12. Alexander said he was still sore, but noted doctors told him his knee was all right. "Nothing hurt worse than when the doctors were tugging at it and all," Alexander said. "But I'm assuming I'm going to be all right." Head coach Mike Holmgren also said he thought Alexander's knee injury was minor.

well all I have to say is I am screwed this year.  Alexander is my RB1 and Barlow is my RB2...good night everyone it has been a great season.  Last place here I come wooooooooo :cry:   :cry:   :cry:   :cry:   :cry:   :cry:   EDIT: Well it is good to hear about Alexander's down graded injury status but I am still very worried about Barlow  :(
I don't mind you using the avatar...it will give everyone in your FFL a good laugh.Something I need today after the Alexander injury :loco:
How does one go about borrowing it?

Chris Berman & TJ didn't sound so sure on Prime Time just now. They showed the play, and boy that did not look good. Sorta reminded me of the Buckhalter non contact play where the knee just gave out. Now, I hope SA is ok for next week, but doesn't this guy need an MRI before ANYONE can speculate on the extent of the injury???

You guys are all nuts drafting before the playoffs. Right before week 13 is the ONLY time to draft.
Really, to be absolutly safe! You should wait till after week 16 to have your draft. Then you can have a one week combination regular season playoffs high score wins the kitty. :thumbup:

"Nothing hurt worse than when the doctors were tugging at it and all,"
That does not sound good at all.
Actually, when I tore my ACL, I went in to see the orthopedist. He started yanking my knee all around and asked if it hurt. I had no pain. He replied that no pain was a very bad sign because that meant more than likely the nerves had been severed. He was right - torn ACL and MCL. So pain in this case is not so bad a sign.

Alexander had his knee wrapped after the game, said it was sore, but doctors told him it was all right. "Nothing hurt worse than when the doctors were tugging at it and all," Alexander said. "But I'm assuming I'm going to be all right." Holmgren also thought the injury was minor. Info from NFL.comWord to all the SA owners.

Last edited by a moderator:
Knee injuries are weird. The bottom line is that regardless of what Alexander did after the injury, what he was wearing, or what has been said by him or Holmgren postgame, none of us will know anything until after the MRI. You guys can give eachother all the false confidence you want, I won't be fully relieved until I read that there is no significant injury as revealed by an MRI.

I know there is aleady a thread on this but holgrem and shaun alexadner said they think it is minor. I would rest him next week if i were Holgrem, but only if the MRI is a bad read. I think Morris could be good also

Let`s not forget that A.Boldin suffered what apeared to be a minor knee injury at practice and even the doctor`s gave him the o.k and he then proceeded to practice the next day and .............the rest is history :X

Let`s not forget that A.Boldin suffered what apeared to be a minor knee injury at practice and even the doctor`s gave him the o.k and he then proceeded to practice the next day and .............the rest is history :X
Same with Edge 2 yrs ago.

"Nothing hurt worse than when the doctors were tugging at it and all,"
That does not sound good at all.
Actually, when I tore my ACL, I went in to see the orthopedist. He started yanking my knee all around and asked if it hurt. I had no pain. He replied that no pain was a very bad sign because that meant more than likely the nerves had been severed. He was right - torn ACL and MCL. So pain in this case is not so bad a sign.
I don't know about this one...Nerves severed? It generally takes massive trauma to sever nerves. Severed nerves means loss of function. Severed nerves don't heal. So I don't think we can use presence or absence of pain as an indicator of the severity of the injury, because I'm pretty sure there were no nerves severed in Alexander's injury.Sheerterror's post is most accurate. We won't know a thing about this knee injury until the MRI results are released. This could be a minor sprain. This could be a tear.

I for one am worried not for him mind you, but for me.I was running upstairs tonight during my Bronco game to get another beer and I tripped and stubbed my toe.Now I don't feel any pain and I am walking fine, but I do feel some soreness around the 3rd toenail area. I am worried because I am guessing I probably have broken my foot and I just don't know it. And further I am guessing my MCL could have been torn. Now I am walking on it but my 3rd toe has this odd red spot around the nail and the 2nd toe has a large toe-jam collection.Just to be safe I am going to call in sick in the morning and get an MRI.I could be out for the season you know.... :(

I for one am worried not for him mind you, but for me.I was running upstairs tonight during my Bronco game to get another beer and I tripped and stubbed my toe.

Now I don't feel any pain and I am walking fine, but I do feel some soreness around the 3rd toenail area. I am worried because I am guessing I probably have broken my foot and I just don't know it. And further I am guessing my MCL could have been torn. Now I am walking on it but my 3rd toe has this odd red spot around the nail and the 2nd toe has a large toe-jam collection.

Just to be safe I am going to call in sick in the morning and get an MRI.

I could be out for the season you know.... :(
That is some funny crap right there. BTW, I am a SA and Chris Brown owner....great weekend of emotional rollercoastering.

We'll all know tomorrow. That's when he gets the MRI. I have Alexander, but scored too many points to get a shot at Morris on the waiver wire. Its my own fault though, you should always handcuff your stud rb to his backup. I drafted DREW BENNETT instead of Morris. :no: I'm basically screwed if Alexander is hurt.

We'll all know tomorrow. That's when he gets the MRI. I have Alexander, but scored too many points to get a shot at Morris on the waiver wire. Its my own fault though, you should always handcuff your stud rb to his backup. I drafted DREW BENNETT instead of Morris. :no: I'm basically screwed if Alexander is hurt.
You're not the only dumb### who didn't handcuff Morris. I actually did sign him after the draft, but thought "Shaun never gets hurt" and dropped him for Bennett when Calico was hurt. Dumb, dumb, dumb. I hope Alexander is fine and will fix the problem if someone doesn't pick up Morris.

there's already 3 calls in on morris in my league(i'm commish). They all have waiver priority on me. You know why I don't have Morris? its because I was more worried about Griffin, so I drafted Tantum late in the draft and didn't really have roster room for 2 handcuffs. :wall:

People, stop beating yourself up over MoMo. Let's wait until tomorrow's MRI before we start assuming that Alexander's going to miss any time.

For what it's worth, at the post game press conderence Holgren said he thought Sean was fine and even joked that it was a ploy to get out of practice this week. But then he mentioned that there an MRI scheduled for today and started pimping Mo Mo and the other backs. So it doesn't sound like he knows anymore than we do.

I for one am worried not for him mind you, but for me.I was running upstairs tonight during my Bronco game to get another beer and I tripped and stubbed my toe.Now I don't feel any pain and I am walking fine, but I do feel some soreness around the 3rd toenail area. I am worried because I am guessing I probably have broken my foot and I just don't know it. And further I am guessing my MCL could have been torn. Now I am walking on it but my 3rd toe has this odd red spot around the nail and the 2nd toe has a large toe-jam collection.Just to be safe I am going to call in sick in the morning and get an MRI.I could be out for the season you know.... :(
Link?

from the Seattle Times newspaper:Link
Nice. I would think SA would have a dark cloud of gloom over him wherever he goes until the MRI results are official. Instead, he was described as "beaming" after the game. Either he's not overly concerned or the trainers gave him some wicked meds...

Users who are viewing this thread