What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

They're both drowning, you can save only one... (1 Viewer)

If they were both drowning & you could save only one would you save your dog or a stranger (huma

• I'd save my dog

Votes: 68 46.3%
  • I'd save the stranger

Votes: 79 53.7%

• Total voters
I love my dog dearly, like a part of the family, but there's no way I could let a person drown. I don't care how deserving/undeserving that person is, that's just not my call to make.
:thumbup: I could live much better with a dog's death on my conscience, than a person's.

I find the results of this poll deeply disturbing. No way a dog's life is worth a human's life...and it's really not even remotely close.

where are the "throw in my dog to save the stranger" or "let them both drown" options?if a dog can't swim, she has major issues.
Oh, that's an interesting perspective. I would throw in my dog if it would save a stranger, but not for a stranger who would vote to save his dog over a stranger. But of course I wouldn't know this.

If you and a stranger's dog were drowning and the stranger saved you instead of his dog, would those of you in the "save the dog" camp change your tune?

I had never owned a dog when this poll first appeared and I couldn't understand how anyone would vote "dog." Now that I've been a dog owner for a year, I'm even more convinced that you "dog" voters are sociopaths.

I've read several stories over the years of guys swimming out to save their drowning dog, only to drown themselves. Then the dog ends up swimming to shore and surviving. :lmao:

I wonder if any of them were FBG who voted "Dog".

I had never owned a dog when this poll first appeared and I couldn't understand how anyone would vote "dog." Now that I've been a dog owner for a year, I'm even more convinced that you "dog" voters are sociopaths.
Had a pup for about two weeks now. I'm convinced that anyone who would save a stranger is a heartless sociopath.

I'd save my dog over almost all adults I do know; strangers don't stand a chance. If it was a child though, I'd have to go with a child.

If you and a stranger's dog were drowning and the stranger saved you instead of his dog, would those of you in the "save the dog" camp change your tune?
Do you mean that I would have the chance to save this exact person at a later date?If so, then yes, I would save this person instead of my dog.

I've read several stories over the years of guys swimming out to save their drowning dog, only to drown themselves. Then the dog ends up swimming to shore and surviving. :lmao: I wonder if any of them were FBG who voted "Dog".
A lot of people end up getting hit by cars trying to save their dogs from traffic. These people are idiots.

Do you mean that I would have the chance to save this exact person at a later date?If so, then yes, I would save this person instead of my dog.
but at that point they're no longer a stranger
And, since he's already saved me once, he's probably the better swimmer. I'd yell encouragement to him while saving the dog.

My dog, in a heartbeat. He is my companion, my loyal bunkmate who sleeps in my room at night, is there to greet me at the end of a long day with his tail wagging, ready to defend ME in an instant against any threat...

Sorry, but I would save him over some of the people that I DO know, let alone ones I do not. Guess I am screwed up like that...

I would absolutely save my dog. She's awesome and I love her more than many humans. If there were cats around, I'd throw them in the river so the stranger would have some company in the afterlife.

For some reason I was possessed to pose this question a couple of weekends ago to a gathering of somewhat related adults for a kids birthday party. Most of us, including me, said save the dog, except my SIL who is nuts who said save the stranger. I would save my dog over many people I know, let alone a stranger.

For some reason I was possessed to pose this question a couple of weekends ago to a gathering of somewhat related adults for a kids birthday party. Most of us, including me, said save the dog, except my SIL who is nuts who said save the stranger. I would save my dog over many people I know, let alone a stranger.
:goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting:

If somebody were driving down the street and hit your dog, you'd be upset. Really upset. If someone were driving down the street and hit a stranger, you'd want them thrown in jail.

If your wife and kids witnessed you saving the stranger and letting your own dog die, they'd be really sad, and your kids might not understand. If they witnessed you saving the dog, they would be accessories.

For all the people that answered dog.

Imagine you and a dog have fallen into icy water and only one of you could be saved.

Would you expect the dog-owner to save you or his dog? Would you be upset if he let you die to save his dog?

For all the people that answered dog. Imagine you and a dog have fallen into icy water and only one of you could be saved. Would you expect the dog-owner to save you or his dog? Would you be upset if he let you die to save his dog?
I'd expect the dog-owner to save who was more important to him.

For all the people that answered dog. Imagine you and a dog have fallen into icy water and only one of you could be saved. Would you expect the dog-owner to save you or his dog? Would you be upset if he let you die to save his dog?
His dog. If I am dumb enough to fall into icy water I deserve to die

:goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting:
Please. I've dealt with enough scumbags in business I wouldn't ruin my suit of clothes going in after some of those folks. Saving my dog would be a bonus.

Is there another poll here with more votes than this one?
I think this has to be the winner by far. Over 1000 votes and counting. By comparison, the GM & Shuke Eat-Off thread has fewer than 500 votes. Not sure what else would come close.
Wait, I think this one is actually in second: Your opinion on the job that President Obama is doing so far. 1109 votes compared to 1174 here. I'd expect the gap to widen, though, since Obama only has 4 more years as President and the dog/stranger controversy is eternal.

'Disc Shark said:
Frightening poll results here. I hope all of you idiot dog lovers out there are never the "stranger".
Why do you think you are more important than my dog?
Because all people are more important than all dogs. It's subhuman to think otherwise.
Wrong. My dog is far more important to me than you are.
As far as you know.
Uh, yeah. That is why you'd fall into the stranger category.

Users who are viewing this thread