What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I quit smoking! (4 Viewers)

DAY 6: Its been 23 days since i bought a pack of smokes. I've been 100% smoke free for 6 days now. Mood: FineEnergy: Off the chartWaistline: Growing slower than at first, but still growing.Bank Account: Up around $275 since Mrs Tipsy started.Number of employees fired/quit since I quit: Zero (i consider that very lucky)

DAY 6: Its been 23 days since i bought a pack of smokes. I've been 100% smoke free for 6 days now. Mood: FineEnergy: Off the chartWaistline: Growing slower than at first, but still growing.Bank Account: Up around $275 since Mrs Tipsy started.Number of employees fired/quit since I quit: Zero (i consider that very lucky)
Congrats, tipsy. Us ex-smokers know it's not easily, but admirable. :thumbup:

Congrats, tipsy. Us ex-smokers know it's not easily, but admirable. :thumbup:
TY.

Day 7:Hung out with friends last night. Ate dinner, drank wine/beer, & played poker. I like friends who smoke outside away from those of us quitters. Very nice of Mrs. Squirrels. Only tempted immediately after eating, and it was a mild temptation.Not one craving yet today & i've been up for 3 hours. Mornings used to be my worst time....coffee sip/ smoke/ coffee sip / smoke, etc...2 cups down & not one craving.Sorry Peens. I know you are disappointed. ;)

i am wondering how Bri is doing with all this.
nothing last few days.I was gonna type in "keep fighting the fight" to you. Last few days I have had a pipe burst, frozen pipes and froze my #### off thawing out 3 older people's home pipes. I can handle cold but too cold stresses me out more than most things. So I fell off the cig wagon or on the cig wagon or whatever during that time.This is my first day with little worries. Tomorrow I start again.Smoke away is so much better than nicorette or nicoderm or any of that shtuff. I'll try and explain. You take 4 horsepills the night before, then a few 3 times a day. It's herbs(and a handful of vitamins, mostly herbs)that will clean you out and stop the cravings. Then they have a little chapstick looking bottle with pils in it to use in a pinch if you do get a craving. And of course a packet of herbs to take at the very end. I made it til day two with this stuff, and was down to 3 or 4 cigs a day, then I had my pipe nightmare.Couple other thoughts:My GF has a nice white fleece. (Then)I throw it over my shoulder when I smoke. I put my face in this and take a whiff and it's gross. As you may remember, I too have a kid on the way in May. I don't have baby clothes to make stink nor would I be comfy doing that but ...it's worked for me and I grabbed that white fleece cuz it's nice and soft and white and kinda thing you could wrap a baby up in. If you could find some piece of clothing that's nice and soft of your wife/GF and do the same it might help. Stick your face in it, it changes you wanting to smoke pretty quick.Cinammon sticks are like 7 bucks but they work (oral fixation stuff?)I take my dog on a long walk now sometimes 2-3 times a day. I began lifting weights again. I play hoops in a men's league twice a week. In my experience, you can't quit without adding in some "releases" to your daily routine. Ya gotta get rid of the stress somehow. It's a fight for me. I won alot of battles but it kicked my #### recently. I retreated and tomorrow I'm back at it again. Keep fighting, smoke away's awesome, keep fighting. If you're smoking again, it's just temporary, you're gonna start fighting again real soon.I failed too, not giving up, tomorrow I start again.Good luck

hey this is awesome.I missed a page in here, i thought you started again last I checked.Good f'ing job man, good job

All right, I'm done. Again.Not because I dislike smoking, or want to quit. I love cigarettes. They make me happy. I just can't ####### afford it anymore. This is getting ridiculous.Cigarette costs have priced me out of the market. Bah!

Day 7:Hung out with friends last night. Ate dinner, drank wine/beer, & played poker. I like friends who smoke outside away from those of us quitters. Very nice of Mrs. Squirrels. Only tempted immediately after eating, and it was a mild temptation.Not one craving yet today & i've been up for 3 hours. Mornings used to be my worst time....coffee sip/ smoke/ coffee sip / smoke, etc...2 cups down & not one craving.Sorry Peens. I know you are disappointed. ;)
:rotflmao: Thats good, You're starting to seem overconfident. Thats when I'll be there to get ya!! :devil: :excited:

:rotflmao: Thats good, You're starting to seem overconfident. Thats when I'll be there to get ya!! :devil: :excited:
:angry: Ok Peens. It's time you and I had a talk. :boxing:

Day 7:Hung out with friends last night.  Ate dinner, drank wine/beer, & played poker.  I like friends who smoke outside away from those of us quitters.  Very nice of Mrs. Squirrels.    Only tempted immediately after eating, and it was a mild temptation.Not one craving yet today & i've been up for 3 hours.  Mornings used to be my worst time....coffee sip/ smoke/ coffee sip / smoke, etc...2 cups down & not one craving.Sorry Peens.  I know you are disappointed.  ;)
It's time you either started playing Fantasy Football or went and posted at Curlygirls.

Day 7:Hung out with friends last night.  Ate dinner, drank wine/beer, & played poker.  I like friends who smoke outside away from those of us quitters.  Very nice of Mrs. Squirrels.    Only tempted immediately after eating, and it was a mild temptation.Not one craving yet today & i've been up for 3 hours.  Mornings used to be my worst time....coffee sip/ smoke/ coffee sip / smoke, etc...2 cups down & not one craving.Sorry Peens.  I know you are disappointed.   ;)
It's time you either started playing Fantasy Football or went and posted at Curlygirls.
I have played and helped run two ff leagues. Now go away.

Day 7:Hung out with friends last night.  Ate dinner, drank wine/beer, & played poker.  I like friends who smoke outside away from those of us quitters.  Very nice of Mrs. Squirrels.    Only tempted immediately after eating, and it was a mild temptation.Not one craving yet today & i've been up for 3 hours.  Mornings used to be my worst time....coffee sip/ smoke/ coffee sip / smoke, etc...2 cups down & not one craving.Sorry Peens.  I know you are disappointed.   ;)
:popcorn: :excited:

Okay, so you're allowed to be here. That doesn't make you any less uninteresting.

January 26th, 2005

Wednesday

27 Days since last pack purchased

10 Days since last smoke

Mrs. Tipsy stopped smoking on Dec 1, 2004 (cold turkey & did it well)

Money saved by the McStaggers:

(average of 1 pack per day @ $4 a pack)

$336 dollars.

Made it through my first drunk day yesterday without one. Really not so bad. I am ready to start calling myself an exsmoker now. The urges are way less than even a week ago.

Smoke on that Peens.

January 26th, 2005

Wednesday

10 Days since last smoke

$336 dollars.

Made it through my first drunk day yesterday without one. Really not so bad. I am ready to start calling myself an exsmoker now. The urges are way less than even a week ago.

Smoke on that Peens.
Just remember my this smokeless friend. The one time you drop your guard I will be there. The second your chubby, quivering lips touch that smoke you will see this flash before your eyes: :excited: Get Some of that!! :mellow:

:excited:

January 26th, 2005

Wednesday

10 Days since last smoke

$336 dollars.

Smoke on that Peens.
Just remember my this smokeless friend. The one time you drop your guard I will be there. The second your chubby, quivering lips touch that smoke you will see this flash before your eyes: :excited: Get Some of that!! :mellow:

:excited: is my least favorite emoticon.thanks fill killing it for all of us. :wall:

January 26th, 2005

Wednesday

10 Days since last smoke

$336 dollars.

Made it through my first drunk day yesterday without one.  Really not so bad.  I am ready to start calling myself an exsmoker now.  The urges are way less than even a week ago.

Smoke on that Peens.

:excited: is my least favorite emoticon.thanks fill killing it for all of us. :wall:
Your welcome. :mellow: :excited:

January 26th, 2005

Wednesday

10 Days since last smoke

$336 dollars.

Smoke on that Peens.
That's awesome Tipsy. Don't mind Peens. He's a good guy and just egging you on. He's on my list though for not being supportive. :boxing: I have a question though. Do you find it harder to get to sleep now or does it not have an effect on your sleep either way?

January 26th, 2005

Wednesday

10 Days since last smoke

$336 dollars.

Smoke on that Peens.
That's awesome Tipsy. Don't mind Peens. He's a good guy and just egging you on. He's on my list though for not being supportive. :boxing: I have a question though. Do you find it harder to get to sleep now or does it not have an effect on your sleep either way?
I am sleeping less for sure. Whenever I do get tired, I do pass right out however. I seem to be constantly grinding my teeth right now as well. I am a bit tenser than normal, but mostly its because i feel so much more energetic.

I don't mind Peens. Everyone has an arch nemisis. Mine used to be the kid with the unibrow across the street, but now its peens. :football:

and congrats smoo. I hope you really are quitting.
No, that was just a moment of frustration. I've bought two packs since. Besides, congratulations were never in order. The only reason I was quitting was because I get paid slightly less than a 17th century indentured servant. I love smoking.

Peens, did you ever stop to think that you may actually be helping him quit by being such a ####? If I were tipsy, I'd be inclined to quit for good so I could tell you to stuff it.

Peens, did you ever stop to think that you may actually be helping him quit by being such a ####? If I were tipsy, I'd be inclined to quit for good so I could tell you to stuff it.
I'm glad someone gets it :thumbup: :excited:

Day 14 $366 Dollars saved. Used some to pay for a new couch yesterday. Total cost of couch was arond $950. It will be here in 8 weeks.It will have been completely paid for with non smoking money (theoretically) within 2 weeks of getting the couch.And I won't have to smell the years of smoke build up and look at the yellow stained cushions anymore. :thumbup: I had one craving all day yesterday & none so far today. F### that stupid habit.

Day 14 $366 Dollars saved. Used some to pay for a new couch yesterday. Total cost of couch was arond $950. It will be here in 8 weeks.It will have been completely paid for with non smoking money (theoretically) within 2 weeks of getting the couch.And I won't have to smell the years of smoke build up and look at the yellow stained cushions anymore. :thumbup: I had one craving all day yesterday & none so far today. F### that stupid habit.
Looks like you're getting over the hill. The toughest appears to have been conquered. :thumbup: $366 bucks saved huh? Not too bad. Makes you wonder how much you've spent on cigs during your time on them. Congrats on getting your avatar back also. Keep up the good work.

Day 14

$366 Dollars saved.

Used some to pay for a new couch yesterday.

Total cost of couch was arond $950.

It will be here in 8 weeks.

It will have been completely paid for with non smoking money (theoretically) within 2 weeks of getting the couch.

And I won't have to smell the years of smoke build up and look at the yellow stained cushions anymore. :thumbup:

I had one craving all day yesterday & none so far today. F### that stupid habit.
Looks like you're getting over the hill. The toughest appears to have been conquered. :thumbup: $366 bucks saved huh? Not too bad. Makes you wonder how much you've spent on cigs during your time on them.

Congrats on getting your avatar back also.

Keep up the good work.
Me personally?Smoker since i was 13 or so. A pack a day since i was 20. I'll call the first 7 years a half a pack a day.

13-19 = 6years at around $3 a pack back then. $10 bucks a week or so.

$3120

Last 13 years around $4 a pack & a full pack (probably more).

$18928

Or about 22K lifetime. Mrs. Tipsy adds about 10K to that.

Since we have been together (9 years) we have probably spent around 26K on cigs.

:hot:

I've never unerstood smoking :rolleyes: It's a sign of being mentally weak and you can't handle stress by yourself. But good luck though :thumbup: Just one more person that won't stink up a resturant :yes:

I've never unerstood smoking :rolleyes: It's a sign of being mentally weak and you can't handle stress by yourself. But good luck though :thumbup: Just one more person that won't stink up a resturant :yes:
I don't smoke, but aren't you being a bit judgemental seeing your spelling is on par with a chimp?

I don't smoke, but aren't you being a bit judgemental seeing your spelling is on par with a chimp?
:rotflmao:

Day 15$374 Cravings still fading.Feeling a little jumpy at night however. Almost like to much energy flowing through my legs making them uncomfortable in whatever position i put them in. Very weird sensation. Guess i don't have to worry about peens coming in here to harras me anytime soon. That was quality stuff yesterday. Pick only got a week? And where is this :e: board. I want to see the fallout. :yes:

Guess i don't have to worry about peens coming in here to harras me anytime soon. That was quality stuff yesterday. Pick only got a week? And where is this :e: board. I want to see the fallout. :yes:
It's as good or better than you're imagining..... :yes:

Guess i don't have to worry about peens coming in here to harras me anytime soon. That was quality stuff yesterday. Pick only got a week?
Link? Story? What did I miss?

Guess i don't have to worry about peens coming in here to harras me anytime soon.  That was quality stuff yesterday.  Pick only got a week? 
Link? Story? What did I miss?
you are kidding, right?
No. Are Pick and Peens in trouble? I wasn't on the board this weekend really at all.
http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...pic=141903&st=0Nothing worth reading. Just a few hundred insults thrown back and forth. Par for the course, really.

I got so involved in the link that FatMax provided I forgot what this thread was about.There was some really funny stuff from the peanut gallery in that thread.Anyways, keep it up Tipsey. You're doing great!!!

I got so involved in the link that FatMax provided I forgot what this thread was about.There was some really funny stuff from the peanut gallery in that thread.Anyways, keep it up Tipsey. You're doing great!!!
thanks!hardly a struggle currently. still tough when ive had a couple of glasses of wine.

Users who are viewing this thread