Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Hi Bruce,I play in a league with up to four keepers per team. Each person kept occupies a specific draft position based on what round that player was last drafted. For example, I have P.Manning who was originally drafted in the third round. I have the fourth pick in each round, so he's my keeper at 3.4. So I project keepers for all the teams and add them to the DD Keeper List so I can get a sense of what's available when I draft. The problem is that the Dropoff in the Best Value Pick window doesn't match what I know will happen in the draft. For example, it says three WR and nine RB will be taken between my second and third round picks, but I *know* (and so does DD, sorta) four WR's have been kept in that span. Can/Will Best Value be tweaked to take this into account? (maybe this is an ADP data problem that I've seen other questions on). TIA.

The Keepers are factored into the Best Value suggestions.I started with a blank league (Default.ddf)... and it had 1 QB, 18 RBs and 4 WRs going in the first 23 picks. I added the top WR to the Keeper List, and it updated the Best Value Pick window automatically. I added the next couple of top WRs and it updated accordingly. What are you seeing on your end?Also, what version of DD are you using?

I see what's happening now.Using version 5n and 2004 projections R1. I open the default league and the best value window tells me QB/RB/WR dropoff will be 1/18/5. I add R. Moss to the keeper list at pick 2.2 by Team 1 and the dropoff updates automatically to 1/19/4. I add M. Harrison to the keeper list at pick 2.6 by Team 2 and the dropoff updates to 1/20/3. The issue is the number of "picks" to look ahead. I left it at 24 for the above. It's ignoring the keepers rather than treating them as "picks". Could this be changed? I'd rather just have some consistent number of look-ahead rather than having to consider how many keepers are in the range I want and input the look-ahead accordingly. Appreciate your help with this and for your DD and TD efforts, generally.

• 1 month later...

I fixed this, it will be in the first release.So in your example where you start with 1/18/5, adding Moss to Team 1 at 2.2 will keep the dropoffs at 1/18/5. Likewise when you add Harrison to Team 2 at 2.6, it will keep the dropoffs at 1/18/5. It knows for sure now that two of the 5 WRs are going to be taken between your next pick (as they are keepers).

Archived