What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (1 Viewer)

Footballguy
The 2nd season of Lost starts on Wednesday, Sept. 21 in its new time slot at 9 pm ET. There will be 23 episodes this season.

ABC's president of entertainment Stephen McPherson, would not guarantee that ABC programming would start and end on time. So any of these shows could end up running longer than an hour this season when warranted.

Spoilers Below:

The hatch looms as the main topic on Lost, and producers plan a bold revelation.

"I can guarantee you there will be people [viewers] who do not like what they find in the hatch," Lindelof says. "We found this door in the 10th episode of the show, and 13 episodes later they finally open it up. So what's inside has to be something big."

Although the contents can be construed as science fiction, Lindelof rules out a few possibilities.

"There aren't aliens in there," he says. "There isn't a time-travel portal. They aren't going to find a ship they blast off into space." The ill-fated voyage of the raft forms another major plot. A band of vicious strangers set the craft afire and seized the boy Walt (Malcolm David Kelley). Three other castaways -- Michael (Harold Perrineau), Sawyer (Josh Holloway) and Jin (Daniel Dae Kim) -- were left struggling for survival in the ocean.

"If they will reconvene with the main group becomes the story fodder of the first seven or eight episodes," Lindelof says.

The show will continue to examine characters' lives through flashbacks before the plane crash put them on a remote island. Those plots will include more on the marriage of Jack (Matthew Fox); the injury that put Locke (Terry O'Quinn) in a wheelchair; the rock-star existence of Charlie (Dominic Monaghan); the fugitive past of Kate (Evangeline Lilly); and the lottery lifestyle of Hurley (Jorge Garcia).

Michelle Rodriguez joins the cast as a passenger who was in the tail section and who survived elsewhere on the island. The recurring numbers -- on the flight, hatch and lottery ticket -- will become "the driving and fundamental plot point of the second season," Lindelof says. Viewers will know how the plane crashed by season two's end, he promises.

But Lindelof stresses the people are the main element. "The island just serves as a conduit to tell character stories," he says. "No one is really watching the show for the answers to those mysteries. They're watching to see: Will Kate and Jack hook up?"

Last edited by a moderator:
"No one is really watching the show for the answers to those mysteries. They're watching to see: Will Kate and Jack hook up?"
I'm in it for the mysteries. :shrug:
yeah, the fact that the producer made that comment is worrisome. If the mysteries end up lame, the whole thing falls apart for me.

"No one is really watching the show for the answers to those mysteries. They're watching to see: Will Kate and Jack hook up?"
I'm in it for the mysteries. :shrug:
yeah, the fact that the producer made that comment is worrisome. If the mysteries end up lame, the whole thing falls apart for me.
This is a fundamental flaw in the way the producer is thinking -- people will only watch so long before giving up on elaborate plotlines and mysteries that never pay off. See the X-Files.

Someone ought to go through the old thread and pull out some links. I nominate posty since he has the first post in this thread.

I've been looking for confirmed air dates of episodes and this is all I found:2- 1 21 Sep 05 Man of Science, Man of Faith2- 2 28 Sep 05 Adrift2- 3 5 Oct 05 Orientation2- 4 12 Oct 05 TBA2- 5 19 Oct 05 ...And Found

Series one Boxed set is out today I believe. I plan on picking it up and trying to get back into the series. We missed like the last 3 shows so I need to catch up before this year starts.

Series one Boxed set is out today I believe. I plan on picking it up and trying to get back into the series. We missed like the last 3 shows so I need to catch up before this year starts.
:goodposting: I have a draft tonight, but I will be picking this up before I go home.

Please let there be some good extras... like explanations of "bloopers" in the pilot (Morton Salt people, black figures, etc.).

Someone report back on any extras in the DVD. If there isn't anything good, I'll skip it since I didn't miss any episodes last year.

Someone report back on any extras in the DVD. If there isn't anything good, I'll skip it since I didn't miss any episodes last year.
yeah, i'm of the same mind. while it's my favorite show in a number of years, i don't feel compelled to buy it just for the sake of owning it.

Someone report back on any extras in the DVD.  If there isn't anything good, I'll skip it since I didn't miss any episodes last year.
yeah, i'm of the same mind. while it's my favorite show in a number of years, i don't feel compelled to buy it just for the sake of owning it.
Rent the thing and watch them that way and then you can decide. Some people I am sure will say the extras are awsome while others will say they suck.

I ordered the box set on Amazon for my wife a few weeks ago. Now Amazon is saying it's not supposed to arrive until Sep 21. Is this delay typical with Amazon or is this like the Dell "buffer" of a week extra on expected delivery time? Pisses me off because I would've just bought it at a store if I knew it was going to take this long.... :rant:

Ask for your money back and buy it at the store.I've heard of that happening with video games a lot - people who preorder get the game three days after the people who buy it from the store when it's released. Sucks - never preorder anything IMO.

My LOST DVD set should be here sometime this week. I too ordered from Amazon and it shipped on 9/2. Even though the expected arrival on 9/19 it's in state and should be here soon.

"Morton Salt people"???

:confused:
The guys in raincoats standing in some of the scenes. Could be misplaced crew members; could be "the others" or something else. I remember seeing a couple of instances of them, but only one that really stood out: Jack, Kate, and Charlie running away from the monster that attacked the pilot. You can just make out a person standing in the woods to the middle-to-top-right of a shot. More clear in the HDTV broadcast.

"Morton Salt people"???

The guys in raincoats standing in some of the scenes. Could be misplaced crew members; could be "the others" or something else. I remember seeing a couple of instances of them, but only one that really stood out: Jack, Kate, and Charlie running away from the monster that attacked the pilot. You can just make out a person standing in the woods to the middle-to-top-right of a shot. More clear in the HDTV broadcast.
Do you have a picture of this?

"Morton Salt people"???

Not saved. I'm sure you can find one if you do a search over at the fuselage.com.

"Morton Salt people"???

Not saved. I'm sure you can find one if you do a search over at the fuselage.com.
i think was brought up in the season 1 thread we had going actually. one scene, in particular, comes to mind where a "blur" was shown during the very first episode. i thhink it was inconclusive though but i appreciated the conspiratorial air it brought to everything. i doubt "Veronic Mars", while a fun little show, has this kind of action...

"Morton Salt people"???

i think was brought up in the season 1 thread we had going actually. one scene, in particular, comes to mind where a "blur" was shown during the very first episode. i thhink it was inconclusive though but i appreciated the conspiratorial air it brought to everything. i doubt "Veronic Mars", while a fun little show, has this kind of action...
The one I am talking about is very clear in one of the HDTV screen shots. It is a person standing there in a blue rain slicker. Someone came up with the Morton's Salt reference (I believe that's correct) and it stuck.I would take the time to look for it myself, but 1) it's not hard for someone to do and 2) I don't want to do it.

Season 2 clip: LINK.
Damn, I can't wait! First, football is back and next comes Lost. I saw the shorter clip on ABC last night (during the Miami/FSU game) and even though my computer at work has no sound that clip got me all excited.Edit to Add: On ABC last night, they had the oceanicflight815.com web site, so I was wondering if anyone went there and found any new stuff?

Got my LOST season 1 7 DVD set in the mail today. Gives me 2 weeks to watch them all before the new season starts.

I watched a little of the extras tonight. Noticed that in the scene where the Morton's Salt person was standing, there was crew member wearing the exact same sort of blue rain slicker as was worn by the figure in the questioned scene. If there's no explanation further, I'll assume it was just a mistake that wasn't edited out.Edi: It was a sort of "behind the scenes" shot on the extras disc, where you could see the cameras and crew members (they were discussing how much it rained in Hawaii during the shooting of the pilot). It looked to be about the same scene as the one where the rain slicker was spotted in the pilot and one of the crew members had on what looked to be the same sort of blue rain slicker.

I watched a little of the extras tonight. Noticed that in the scene where the Morton's Salt person was standing, there was crew member wearing the exact same sort of blue rain slicker as was worn by the figure in the questioned scene. If there's no explanation further, I'll assume it was just a mistake that wasn't edited out.
Tell us about the extras. Is it worth a rental?

I watched a little of the extras tonight.  Noticed that in the scene where the Morton's Salt person was standing, there was crew member wearing the exact same sort of blue rain slicker as was worn by the figure in the questioned scene.  If there's no explanation further, I'll assume it was just a mistake that wasn't edited out.
I don't think so, but that's just me. There were no sections on the "Extras" disc that covered any of the questions I've seen posted on message boards, but I haven't gone through each one to see if the producers have a commentary or something that could explain many of the things people have found. Do you do anything for yourself?

I didnt even realize the second season was starting already :thumbup:My season pass is still set....now I gotta go find out when Deadwood will be back...

I watched a little of the extras tonight.  Noticed that in the scene where the Morton's Salt person was standing, there was crew member wearing the exact same sort of blue rain slicker as was worn by the figure in the questioned scene.  If there's no explanation further, I'll assume it was just a mistake that wasn't edited out.
I don't think so, but that's just me. There were no sections on the "Extras" disc that covered any of the questions I've seen posted on message boards, but I haven't gone through each one to see if the producers have a commentary or something that could explain many of the things people have found. Do you do anything for yourself?
I am VERY CHEAP so I would never rent it just to find out. I would have to hear from someone that there is really something worth seeing on it.

I am VERY CHEAP so I would never rent it just to find out. I would have to hear from someone that there is really something worth seeing on it.
:lmao: I didn't know what kind of response to expect. :thumbup: Naturally, I'm hoping that on the episode discs that there are producer and cast commentaries that cover some of the stuff, but I didn't look at the box before buying. I knew I'd be getting the set regardless.

Here is a great post from the boards. I didn't read it all since I watched every show, but it was a nice refresher at the top for the numbers since the producers said this season would really delve into the numbers.
The Cursed Numbers (4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42)

* The latitude 4.815 and longitude 162.342 are located in the Pacific ocean northeast of Australia.

* Boone found a map of Africa on the smuggler’s plane. Latitude: 16° 23 Min.42 Sec, Longitude: 4° 8 Min. 15 Sec. will put you in *****, pretty close to where the map showed.

* Hurley passed a girls sports team on the scooter in the airport that had all the numbers in order.

* The number of years ago that Locke was paralyzed.

* The number of years ago that Sam Toomie committed suicide.

* Leonard was playing Connect Four.

* The number of years since Sawyer made his birthday wish.

* The number of Aces (value 1) that were on Boone’s t-shirt. Also, Boone had another t-shirt with Asian letters that say 84.

* Number of Oceanic planes on the mobile in Claire’s dream.

* Number of months Michelangelo stared at marble “working” in Locke’s story. Boone then asked if they were going to stare at the hatch for 4 months.

* Number of spots on Michael’s raft.

* A speed that Hurley’s rental car displayed as it died.

* Number of years Michael worked in construction.

* Number of years since Michael was hit by the car.

* The number of years Michael didn’t see Walt.

* The number of people who died in a fire in Hurley’s shoe factory in Canada.

* The number of months Claire was pregnant when the plane crashed.

* Boone had a t-shirt with 84 on it in Asian letters.

* Number of months Locke was talking to Helen before the crash.

* Number of days Charlie went without his guitar before Locke returned it to him.

* Number of weeks Driveshaft was going to go on tour.

* Shannon’s age when her father married Boone’s mother.

* The aisle for regulation footballs in Locke’s store.

* The person Hurley bought the scooter from had a Crazy Eight’s hat.

* 8 is also how old Sawyer says he was when his Dad shot himself.

* The aisle for Nerf footballs in Locke’s store.

* 14:15 was the scheduled departure time for Oceanic 815.

* Michael’s estimate of how far out to sea they were when the detected the radar blip.

* 11:15 was the time Sun was suppose to leave Jin

* Number of years Rousseau has been on the island (after hearing the numbers transmission that brought her science team there).

* Number of circles around the outside of the Oceanic Logo.

* Number of hours the flight to L.A. was going to take.

* Number of hours after the crash when the pilot was found.

* Number of weeks the lottery hadn’t been won before Hurley won it.

* Number of years since Boone’s nanny Teresa fell down the stairs and broke her neck.

* Number of years ago that Kate buried the time capsule

* Number in hundreds that Hurley paid an old man for his scooter.

* The sum of both parts of the plane’s flight number.

* Number of the floor Hurley stayed on at a Sydney hotel.

* Number of the gate the plane took off from.

* Jack’s seat number on the plane was 23A.

* Rose and Bernard were sitting next to Jack in row 23, too.

* The reward for turning in Kate was $23,000

* The morning of their departure from Sydney, Walt woke Michael up at 5:23

A.M.

* The temperature in Hurley’s rental car when it died.

* Leonard was playing Connect 4. 42 is the number of spaces on a connect four game board.

* Rousseau wrote down the number sequence seven times, creating a matrix that totals 42.

* Ana-Lucia was sitting in seat 42F.

* Room number of Hurley’s room at the Sydney hotel.

* The distance Hurley’s rental car had traveled when it died.

* 10:42 was the scheduled arrival time of flight 815 in L.A.

* The flight number of the plane.

* The number of the safety deposit box Kate robbed.

* Charlie was trying to sell Copier model 815-C.

* The date of Kate’s time capsule is August 15, 1989, 8-15.

* The number on the building Sayid walked into in Sydney.

Weird and Unexplained Events:

* People on the plane survive its crash.

* Walt was exhibiting some strange powers in Australia.

* Jack is thrown clear of the main crash site and wakes up in the bamboo forest while everybody else (that we know of) was close to the beach.

* Locke was paralyzed, but after the crash, his legs started working, despite him being paralyzed for four years.

* There is a monster. It has torn down trees and killed the only surviving pilot.

* Who were ‘Adam and Eve’, the 40-year old male and female bodies that were found in the caves? What is the significance of the black and white stones they were carrying?

* The monster is actually a security system of some kind, to protect the island. Its nature is unclear, but bizarrely, it seems to be made up at least partly by black smoke, despite sounding mechanical. It lurks underground and forces frees up from beneath.

* A polar bear came out of nowhere to attack. Walt read a Spanish comic with a polar bear earlier. After Walt was seen reading the comic book a second time, he was attacked by a second polar bear. The comic with the bear has since been burned.

* The French woman Rousseau has been sending transmission for past 16 years on a unknown power source. She has access to power, but apparently, the “Others” control the power or transmission site now.

* Jack's "Dad" (Christian) reappeared in a hallucination and, lead him on a wild goose chase into the interior of the island that almost got him killed, but lead him to his father's casket / and the caves with water the survivors desperately needed.

* Claire’s Crazy Mystery Psychic may have known that the plane would crash on the island.

* Claire was kidnapped by Ethan for unknown reasons (probably her baby), and then she apparently escaped.

* Claire has had dreams about a mysterious “Black Rock” that she wrote about in her diary, the one that Rousseau mentioned in her transmission and notes, even though Claire couldn’t have known about it. But she didn’t seem to know it was a ship.

* There is some sort of metal object in the jungle that has a hatch with no known way to open it. Boone and Locke spent long hours pondering this problem. The cursed numbers are set on the side of it. It opens into a deep shaft with a broken ladder. It doesn’t appear to have been used in some time.

* Danielle Rousseau's papers have mysterious calculations which have lyrics from the song "La Mer" associated with them. When you put three of the papers together they form a map to the location of something, possibly the Black Rock.

* The voices some people hear seem to be from their pasts.

* So far, everyone who has had a flashback has had a past they’d like to leave behind.

* Locke had a dream which had Boone repeating a phrase from his past that he couldn’t have known.

* How did a Nigerian drug smugglers plane end up in the South Pacific ocean?

* A light appeared in the hatch window as Locke was asking the island why it did what it did. This was nighttime, so it may have happened at the same time as Claire baby’s birth and Boone’s death.

* There may be other survivors of the crash of Oceanic Flight 815, and they have access to a radio that can send and receive.

* When Locke grabbed Walt’s hand, Walt had a vision and told Locke ‘don’t open that thing’!

* It may be a coincidence, but a mysterious golden Pontiac was responsible for accidents involving Locke, Michael and Kate. But those happened in southern California, New York, and Iowa respectively.

Unanswered Questions:

* What made the plane lose its radio and navigation systems?

* What caused the plane crash? Was it the monster?

* Why was Locke in a wheelchair?

* How did Locke’s ability to walk get restored?

* What is 'the sickness' that afflicted Rousseau's team?

* What are the whispers, and where do they come from?

* What did Ethan want with Claire?

* Was Ethan with the Others?

* Did Rousseau help Claire to escape Ethan? If so, Why?

* What happened to Claire during the time she was abducted?

* Why can’t she remember very much of it?

* What is the power of the numbers, and how does it work?

* How did the Black Rock wind up so far inland?

* The Black Rock should have rotted away after 150(?) years. Why hasn’t it?

* What is the significance of the column of black smoke?

* What is inside the hatch?

* Where do the Others get their supplies?

* What do the Others want with Walt?

* Is Sawyer alive?

Producer comments:

* J.J. Abrams said the monsters are NOT dinosaurs.

* From an interview: "When his stuff works at its best, it's usually a story that takes you in through the characters and explains stuff sort of in a science-fact sort of way," Abrams said.

* The cast is huge so anyone could be killed off at any time.

* An interview with several mysterious comments from series co-writer Damon Lindelof: http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=18187

* Everything we see is there for a reason.

* The survivors are not dead or in purgatory.

* The survivors are not in a dream or in someone’s head.

* The island is NOT manifesting people’s thoughts and fears

--

Character dossiers:

* Dr. Jack Shepard

Pre-Crash:

In his life before the crash he was a surgeon, like his father Christian before him. Jack was married to a former patient of his, a woman called Sara. He is no longer married, but whether that means divorced or a widower remains unknown. Christian told him that commitment was what makes him tick, but he has a problem learning to let go. His father was an alcoholic and after he fatally botched a surgery on a pregnant woman, Jack ended his father’s career in disgrace. Christian ended up in Australia. Jack’s mother told him to bring him home, but he died of a heart attack before Jack found him. Jack argued with the airline to try and let him take his father home. It is unknown whether or not the airline relented.

Post-Crash:

He took charge of the situation immediately after the plane crash, and became a leader on the island. He was shaken in his resolve after not being able to save several people from dying: his father, the marshal, and the swimmer. The stress of that made him hallucinate seeing his father, and following those visions lead him to the caves and fresh water. He chose not to attend a memorial for the people who did not survive the crash, as he was still trying to cope with his father's recent death. Jack is the guardian of the guns and ammo from Kate’s case. Jack tried to save Boone’s life, donating blood and even considering amputating his leg, but Boone’s injuries were too severe. When Sun tried to tell Jack that he couldn’t save Boone, Jack roared Locke’s line “Don’t tell me what I can’t do!” Boone told Jack that there was a plane that fell on him and that Locke said not to tell about the "hatch". Jack considered Boone’s death an act of murder and when Locke showed up, he was hysterically furious and called Locke a liar in front of everyone. Kate gave him a sleeping-pill time-out. Locke asked Sayid to bring Jack to the hatch. When he saw it, Jack thought that at best there might be supplies inside, and at worse, shelter. He is in favor of opening the hatch. Jack guessed that Michael’s water was poisoned, and then deduced that Sun did it to try and keep Jin from leaving. Jack got everyone to help get the raft launched. Sawyer told Jack about meeting his father in Australia. Jack then joined an expedition to the Black Rock to get some dynamite. He hopes to hide the survivors from the Others, inside the hatch after he blows it open. He argued with Locke after Locke wanted him to let the monster take him. Jack thinks Locke is not entirely sane and will be a problem.

Jack- Knows that Kate killed the man she loved.

- Knows that part of Rousseau’s papers are a map to something, he guessed the Black Rock.

- Knows that Claire dreamed about the Black Rock.

- Knows about the sealed hatch that Locke and Boone were excavating, and that it opens onto a deep shaft.

- Knows that Sun was the one who poisoned Jin’s water.

- Knows the Black Rock is a sailing ship.

- Knows the monster is a ‘security system’ and comes from underground.

- Knows Sawyer drank with his father in Sydney.

* John Locke

Pre-Crash:

Before the crash, John Locke had a sad life. He worked a series of ####ty jobs, and was in a wheelchair for four years before the crash. His mother is schizophrenic, and told him that he is special and is part of a plan. His mother also told him that he was immaculately conceived, but that was likely just part of the plan to get him to try and find his father. Locke’s father, Anthony Cooper, taught him how to hunt (well, doves at least), but it was all part of an elaborate scam to trick Locke into donating his kidney to him. After the operation he never wanted to see Locke again. Locke was both crushed and enraged. He wanted to go on a survival adventure in the Australian Outback, but when the tour operators learned he was paralyzed they denied his request and got him a ticket to L.A. on the doomed flight.

Post-Crash:

The crash seems to have fixed his leg problems which indicates it might have been all in his head or maybe he could walk with crutches. He lives for the hunt and has seen the ‘monster’ face to face. He's becoming the group's sage Wiseman. He seems to regard the island as some sort of deity. He thinks it has told him things and given him signs and visions and his legs back. He found a metal structure with some kind of hatch in the jungle with Boone while looking for Claire. He also forced Boone to see a vision to make Boone more on his side. When Jin and Michael were about to fight on the beach, Locke ranted that they aren’t the only people on the island, and that is the survivors real problem. He helped build a cradle for Claire’s baby. After an accident while trying to open the hatch, he realized that while he could still move his legs, he couldn’t feel anything below his waist, at least at the time. He may have gotten better after Boone's fatal accident. Locke had a nightmare that gave him what he considered a sign to help open the hatch. he and Boone wandered into the jungle. They found a corpse of a Nigerian drug smuggler who had a gun, so that makes six guns. Locke’s legs gave out and he told Boone that he was paralyzed before crashing on the island. After Boone was injured, he was able to get his legs working again, and carried Boone to the caves. Locke returned to the hatch and tried to talk to the island. The hatch window then filled with white light. He showed up at Boone’s funeral and told (mostly) the truth about how Boone died. Sayid interrogated him about the accident and confiscated the gun Locke found. Shannon tried to kill Locke because of Boone’s death, but her shot grazed Locke’s head. Locke told Sayid that he was the one who knocked out Sayid and foiled his attempts to find the source of the transmitter, because he didn’t think that it was a good idea for people to look for the source of a transmission that said everyone has been killed. Locke went on the expedition to the Black Rock. Locke carried some dynamite back from the Black Rock The monster grabbed him and started pulling him into a hole. He told Jack to let him go, but Jack told Kate to throw a piece of unstable dynamite down the hole instead. He thinks the island brought everyone here, and his being dragged into a hole was the island testing him. He also considers Boone’s death a sacrifice the Island demanded. When Hurley saw the numbers on the hatch and screamed frantically not to open it, Locke followed his desire to get the hatch open, and he lit the fuse, blowing the hatch loose. Inside is a long shaft with a ladder that has broken off after a few feet.

Locke

- Has seen the monster.

- Knows about the hatch in the jungle. Knows it opens onto a deep shaft.

- Knows Walt burned the first raft down.

- Knows that Boone was trying to make a radio call, possibly knows that he got through to someone..

- Possibly knows Walt is 'special'

* Katherine Austin AKA “Kate”

Pre-Crash:

Also known by the alias’s “Maggie Ryan”, and “Joan Hart”, Kate was a highly experienced and skilled fugitive. She claimed to be Canadian, but she grew up in Iowa. Her childhood sweetheart was Tom Brandon. As far back as 16 years ago, was described by Tom as “always wanting to run away” for some yet unknown reason. 16 Years ago she and Tom buried a time capsule that included Tom’s toy plane. Years later, she and Tom dug it up as Kate was in town to see her dying mother, Diane Jansen. Diane wanted nothing to do with Kate and her screams alerted the police. Kate wanted to flee in Tom’s car, but he wanted her to give herself up and he refused to get out. Tom ended up getting shot and killed by the police. Kate considers herself responsible for his death. The Marshall Edward Mars was hunting her for three years, they were taunting each other, and he put Tom’s toy plane in the safe deposit box in the New Mexico bank. Kate somehow found out where the plane was and arranged a bank robbery just to get the plane. She was married briefly, but to whom and where this fits in the timeline is unknown. Kate hid out on a farm in Australia for three months, but the farmer figured out who she was and turned her in. Kate was being taken back to the states by Marshall Mars.

Post-Crash:

Jack and Hurley found the mug shot of Kate in the marshal’s clothing. She offered to explain her situation to Jack, but he didn't want to know at the time. Now she won't tell him at all. She helped Sawyer to track down a boar that was hassling him, and in exchange she can now have whatever she wants from his stash. Kate is working with Sun to make a garden. Kate feared re-capture if the raft was found, so she got Sun to try and make Jin sick so he would be forced to stay behind. Sawyer feared for his spot on the raft, and when Michael told him he was off, he stole her backpack and revealed that she stole Joanna’s identity and forced her to reveal that she was the convict. After that, Michael gave her spot on the raft back to Sawyer, and from the looks of things, no one trusts her or wants anything to do with her anymore. She went on the expedition to the Black Rock with Jack. She volunteered to carry one of the backpacks of unstable dynamite, but Jack switched the dynamite to his pack. If Locke becomes a problem, Kate will be on Jack’s side.

Kate

- Knows that Sawyer killed someone.

- Was the one who gave Sun the idea to poison Jin.

- Knows the hatch opens into a deep shaft.

* Hugo Reyes AKA “Hurley”

Pre-Crash:

Hugo Reyes was possibly a patient at the Santa Rosa Mental Health Institute, where he met Leonard Simms, a man who kept repeating over and over the numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42. Hurley was working at a fast-food place when he played those numbers in the lottery. After the win, he made some investments and is worth approximately $160 million, plus or minus a few million. However, after the lottery win, his family and everyone around him had nothing but bad luck. He's come to believe that the numbers he used are cursed, but most everybody else thinks that's crazy. Hurley went to see Leonard and told him he used the numbers. Leonard told Hurley that using the numbers ‘opened the box’ and the he had to get far away. The numbers came from Leonard's friend Sam Toomie, who heard the numbers in Australia while monitoring long wave transmissions over the Pacific. This transmission came sixteen years ago - and it seems to have come from the island. Sam used the numbers in a similar game of chance, and his family and associates were similarly cursed while he enjoyed relative success. Sam cured his curse by killing himself. Hurley almost missed the flight - the numbers were trying to stop him? But thanks to a last-minute lapse in his good luck, he got on the plane.

Post-Crash:

Hurley is our last, best hope for laughs. A doughy nerd, he's pretty cautious and afraid of blood. He knows that Kate was a prisoner and is staying away from her. He had a CD player with a mix CD of show closing songs, but it is now out of batteries. He set up a golf course to try and keep the castaway’s spirits up. When Hurley saw the numbers in Rousseau’s papers, he set out to find her. He learned that Rousseau’s team heard the numbers transmission too, and that was what brought them to the island. Hurley got a battery from Rousseau to power a distress signal for the raft. Jack, Sayid and Locke took him to the hatch, and he joined the expedition to the Black Rock. He wanted no part of handling the unstable dynamite. Just before Locke was going to light the fuse, Hurley saw the numbers stamped into the hatch. Locke let the fuse despite his frantic shouts, and Jack had to restrain him.

Hurley

- Knows there’s a radio tower by the Black Rock.

- Knows that Rousseau’s team was only on the island to investigate the transmission of the numbers.

- Knows about the hatch that Locke and Boone excavated.

- Knows the monster is a ‘security system’ and it comes from underground.

- Knows the cursed numbers are imprinted on the side of the hatch.

- Knows the hatch opens onto a long shaft.

* Sayid Jarrah

Pre-Crash:

Sayid is an Iraqi who was in the Republican Guard, and fought in the gulf war. He is a communications expert who tried to fix the transceiver. He is extremely good at fixing electronics and other mechanical things. He has quite a few intelligence officer dirty tricks up his sleeve, including torture. The others are slowly becoming aware of his military past. He lost his love, Nadia, after she was brought to his military facility in Iraq for interrogation. He saved her life by shooting his superior officer, and he fled Iraq shortly after that, more or less staying on the run for the next seven years. He was in Australia because the CIA offered him the location of Nadia in exchange for him infiltrating and disrupting a terrorist cell in Sydney that had also recruited an old university friend of his, Essam. Essam realized that he didn’t want to go through with the operation, but the CIA told Sayid that they needed to secure the explosives, and told him that if he didn’t convince hassan to go through with it, Nadia would be arrested because she had committed terrorist activities in Iraq seven years ago. Just before Essam was due to perform the bombing, Sayid told him that he was CIA. Essam was furious for Sayid convincing him to go through the operation and killed himself. The CIA told Sayid that Nadia was actually not a terrorist and was living in Los Angeles. They gave him a ticket to Los Angeles, but Sayid requested a later flight so he could claim Essam’s body for a proper Muslim burial. That flight turned out to be Oceanic 815.

Post-Crash:

Sayid was hit over the head by Locke when he was trying to find the source of Rousseau’s distress call. After he and Jack tortured Sawyer to try and Shannon’s asthma medication from him, he left the camp, ashamed of what he had done. He found a cable leading from the water to the jungle and fell into one of Danielle Rousseau’s traps. She injected him with something - a sedative, perhaps. He made his way back to the caves, delirious, with mysterious warnings about 'Others'. He heard whispers in the wind, like Danielle. He took some papers from Rousseau in order to try and make sense of the island, but there was no sense to be found. He and Shannon got closer. He retrieved the picture of his love from the remains of Rousseau’s hideout when Hurley took off looking for Danielle. Sayid is quite a handyman, and he took two broken pairs of glasses to make one working pair for Sawyer. He took Shannon on a day-long date which made her miss Boone’s accident and death. Sayid retrieved some radio and radar parts from the plane that fell off the cliff, and confiscated Locke’s gun. He saved Locke’s life by tackling Shannon as she was shooting at Locke. He did it because he thinks Locke is the best chance for survival on the island, but he doesn’t trust him. He wasn’t fooled by Locke’s claim that Boone’s mention of the hatch meant the crashed plane and told Locke to take him to it. Sayid thinks that the lack of a handle on the hatch exterior is a VERY BAD THING, and that it is not meant to be opened from the outside. He is NOT in favor of opening the hatch. Jack gave Sayid custody of the remaining guns. In Jack’s absence, he functions as a leader.

Sayid

- Knows that part of Rousseau’s papers are a map to something, possibly the Black Rock.

- Suspects that Sawyer heard the whispering voices, too.

- Knows about the sealed hatch Locke and Boone were excavating.

- Knows about Jack’s plan to get dynamite from the Black Rock to blow open the hatch.

* James Ford AKA “Frank Sawyer”

Pre-Crash:

When he was 8, his mother lost a lot of money to a con man, and his father killed her then himself. James wrote the only letter he ever will: to Frank Sawyer, the con man who destroyed his family. When he was 19, he needed money and so he became a confidence man, the thing he hated most, and he took the name Frank Sawyer for himself. He hates himself, and because of that he’s an ******* and a masochist. His ex-partner in crime, Hibbs pulled a fast one on Sawyer, convincing him that the original Frank Sawyer was now a fried-shrimp stand owner in Sydney. Sawyer drank with Jack’s father in an Australia, and has just realized who it was recently. Before he left on the raft, Sawyer told Jack what his father said. Sawyer killed that shrimp-stand owner, Frank Duckett before to his horror he realized that Hibbs wanted Duckett dead for owing him money. Sawyer was on the plane being deported from Australia for head-butting a politician.

Post-Crash:

Sawyer is a real loner who has been hiding a secret stash of items looted from the plane wreckage and bodies. He looted the gun and badge from the body of Marshall Mars. Later he used the gun to shoot a polar bear, then went on to use the last bullet in a failed mercy killing of the fatally wounded Marshal. Sawyer claims to be able to open any lock, but the one on the Marshall’s suitcase stumped him. Sawyer has also started hearing voices in the wind. When Sawyer started getting headaches, Jack diagnosed him as being farsighted, and Sayid made him a pair of glasses from two separate pairs. Claire’s baby finds the sound of Sawyer’s voice very soothing. Sawyer figured out that Kate was the convict, and when he was kicked off the raft he revealed that Kate was a prisoner to everyone to get it back. He wants to leave because he doesn’t think there’s anything on the island worth staying for. Not even Kate. Awwww. Sawyer accidentally snapped the mast of the raft when they were preparing it for launch, so he went out on his own and cut down a new one. He sailed away on the raft. When the rudder was snapped off by a floating log, Sawyer unhesitatingly jumped in to get it. When the Others insisted on taking Walt, Sawyer tried to shoot them, but the Others shot him first, and he fell into the water.

Sawyer

- Knows that the man he drank with in Australia was Jack’s father.

- Knows Kate killed someone.

- Knows there are hostile people who took Walt.

* Charlie Pace

Pre-Crash:

A lapsed Catholic, Charlie was a bass player in a previously famous rock band, Driveshaft. During his time with the band, his brother Liam did heroin, and Charlie became an addict too. He met a girl in London and liked her so much he tried to get a job, but his addiction was too great and he stole from her. His withdrawal symptoms caused him to lose the job and he got caught with the stolen item. He was in Sydney to see his brother Liam, he wanted to get Driveshafted started up again, but Liam had a family and turned him down, so Charlie was returning to the U.S. in defeat.

Post-Crash:

Locke helped Charlie get himself to a place where he was willing to throw away his remaining drugs. He became fond and close to Claire, only to get kidnapped and hung to die by Ethan. He was resuscitated by Jack. Claire’s kidnapping traumatized him, but once Claire returned they slowly reconnected. Ethan returned and threatened Charlie to hand over Claire, or else he would be the last one he’d kill. Jack made a plan to capture Ethan, but Charlie shot Ethan in the chest four times, killing him. Charlie is helping Claire with her baby, Aaron, and after Rousseau stole him, Charlie went with Sayid after her. They came across the heroin plane, and Charlie took one of the Virgin Mary statues filled with bags of heroin.

Charlie

- Knows about Claire’s psychic.

- Knows that part of Rousseau’s papers are a map to the Black Rock.

- Has heard Hurley say he's worth more then 100 million dollars, but doesn't believe him.

* Claire Littleford and Aaron Littleford

Pre-Crash:

Claire is an unmarried woman from Australia who was eight months pregnant when the plane crashed. After the father of her child left her, she got on the plane at the insistence of psychic Richard Malkin. The psychic insisted she be the old one to raise the child. And he was the one who insisted that she take Oceanic flight 815, ostensibly so that her baby could be adopted by an American couple in Los Angeles.

Post-Crash:

She initially thought her baby was dead because it hadn't move, but it kicked after eating some seafood/sushi Jin made. She and Charlie have been sharing Kodak Moments, and a relationship is blossoming. Loves peanut butter. She was kidnapped by Ethan Rom, probably because she was close to giving birth. She was found by Locke and Boone wandering in the jungle in the middle of the night. She apparently lost her memory of everything since the crash. She volunteered to be used as bait in a successful attempt to capture Ethan. Locke got her to help him build an object that turned out to be a cradle for her baby on what turned out to be her birthday. Claire thought that the baby knew that she didn’t want it and was going to give it away. She gave birth to a baby boy in the middle of the jungle on the night of Boone’s death. When Rousseau arrived on the beach, Claire told Charlie that she knew the Others would come back for her. That’s why she hadn’t named the baby yet. Claire couldn’t place it, but she knows they have met before. But that's impossible, and Rousseau says as much. Claire tells her about Ethan kidnapping her, that she escaped, but she can't remember how. Something seems to click inside Claire. "You saved me, didn't you? That's why I remember you, you saved me from him." Rousseau gives a quick look to Claire and then to the baby. "We have never met." Later, when they were alone, Claire remembered that she scratched Rousseau and asks her why. Rousseau hit her on the head and stole the baby. Claire decided that the baby will be called Aaron, and she pleaded for Charie to bring him back. At the site of the black smoke, Rousseau was confused and surrendered Aaron back to Charlie and Sayid.

* Michael Dawson and Walt Lloyd (Lloyd-Porter?)

Pre-Crash:

Michael’s girlfriend Susan left Michael to further her career, taking their son Walt with her. She didn’t want Michael to see Walt, but she kept the letters he sent him. While living in Australia, Walt exhibited strange powers, the most notable was calling a bird to him, which smashed into a window. This was almost the same time Susan fell ill. She died shortly thereafter. Susan’s husband Brian was alarmed by Walt’s special powers and went to New York to tell Michael to come get the boy. Walt had no idea who Michael was and didn’t want to leave, but he had no choice. He did get Brian’s dog Vincent, though. Michael was unprepared for the sudden responsibilities and complications that came from getting a new family member overnight. They were on the plane going to Michael’s home in New York.

Post-Crash:

Walt and Michael didn’t get along well. Walt became friends with Locke, to the dismay of Michael. Michael was attacked by Jin because he found a watch that Jin was told to take to one of his father-in-law’s friends. Michael wants to get off the island with Walt, and started building a raft and insisted that Walt help him. Walt got angry after Michael threw Walt’s (used to be Hurley’s) Spanish comic book into a fire, but after Michael and Locke rescued him from a polar bear, Walt and Michael reconciled. Walt still didn’t want to leave the island, and burned down the first attempt at the raft. As the second attempt at making a raft was nearing completion, Michael fell ill after accidentally drinking water meant for Jin. When Locke grabbed his hand, Walt had a vision of some kind and he warned Locke ‘not to open it,’ most likely meaning the hatch. Walt confessed to Michael that he was the one who burned down the raft because he didn’t want to leave the island. Locke knew or guessed it, and apparently Jin saw him doing it. Upon hearing that Walt wanted to stay that badly, Michael told Walt that they could stay on the island. Walt then told him that they HAD to leave. Walt gave his dog Vincent to Shannon to help her cope with Boone’s death. Walt and Michael sailed off on the raft. When night fell at sea, the radar picked up a blip. Michael fired the flare gun and a small boat approached. They were not friendly. They were the Others. They wanted to take Walt. with them. There was a brief struggle, and Walt was taken by the Others, and the Others threw a bomb that destroyed the blast. Michael survived and is clinging to some wreckage.

Michael

- Knows Walt is ‘special’.

- Knows Walt burned the first raft down.

- Knows there are hostiles who have taken Walt.

Walt

- Knows that Locke wants to open something, and that he shouldn’t.

- Knows that he and his father have to take the raft off the island.

- Knows there are hostiles who have kidnapped him.

* Shannon Rutherford

Pre-Crash:

Shannon is a girly-girl who isn't taking the prospect of surviving on an island too well. She is Boone’s step-sister. Shannon has asthma, and speaks/reads a little French. She has a love-hate relationship from Boone, and she swindled money from him several times by faking abuse. After pulling her last scam in Sydney, her boyfriend took off with the money. Shannon went to Boone’s hotel room drunk and seduced him. After that night she pretended that it never happened. They were flying back to America.

Post-Crash:

Sun has found eucalyptus leaves to help her with any asthma attacks she might have. She roughly translated Rousseau’s distress call, then Sayid enlisted her to translate the French words on Rousseau’s papers, which turned out to be lyrics form the song “La Mer”. Shannon has grown closer to Sayid, although his refusal to let her kill Locke cooled that off a bit. She kissed him as part of her plan to have a new life on the island. Shannon was busy on a date with Sayid and didn’t know about Boone’s accident until after he was dead. She cried over Boone’s body. She was angry with Locke and asked Sayid to “do something” about Locke. When Sayid indicated that he thought Locke was telling the truth about Boone’s death being an accident, she got angry and stole the key top the gun case from the drugged Jack. Sayid tackled her as she was about to shoot Locke, and her shot grazed his head. She is now taking care of Vincent the dog since Walt left. She is still having a hard time coping, insisting on taking Boone’s stuff even though she was overburdened. After Sayid and Charlie returned with Claire’s baby, she made up with him.

* Jin-Soo Kwon

Pre-Crash:

Jin was a kind and caring South Korean man who fell in love with Sun Paik, and married her. Unfortunately, her father was a rather nasty gangster. He wanted to get Jin to ‘send a message’ that he was very unhappy to a politician who closed down one of his factories. Jin took that literally, and Mr. Paik rebuked him, and then send him and a hit man to send a real message. Jin was forced to beat up the politician to save the politician’s life. Sun saw him come home all bloody, and he told her he did whatever her father asked him to, and that he did it for them. Jin hated the job, and after he talked with his father (a humble fisherman that Jin was ashamed of), he decided that he and Sun would not return from his last job - delivering a watch to one of Mr. Paik’s friends in San Francisco. That thoughts made Jin happy again and he gave a flower to his wife, which was the only reason she didn’t leave him at the airport. But later, still at the Sydney airport (it is unknown why he was flying to the U.S. from there and not South Korea) he was accosted by one of Mr. Paik’s henchmen who told him that he knew Jin was planning to run away, but if he did he would lose Sun, Jin was not free and would never be free.

Post-Crash:

Jin apparently doesn’t speak more then a couple words of English, although before he sailed on the raft, Sun gave him a book to help him learn a bit more. Jin is very possessive/controlling and doesn't like Sun venturing too far away from him or wearing revealing clothing. Michael found one of the watches, and Jin still thought they would be rescued, and he needed the watch to give to Mr. Paik’s friend, so Jin to attacked Michael. Sun told Michael that the watch was Jin’s, and Michael gave Jin the watch. Now on the raft, Jin give the watch to Michael. After Michael’s raft was set on fire by someone, everyone suspected that Jin did it, but in actuality, He tried to put it out, burning his hands. After Sawyer brought Jin to the beach, he told Sun that. When Sun revealed that she spoke English, Jin realized that his wife was planning to leave him. Jin was so upset at himself for driving Sun away that he left her to live at the beach. Sun pleaded that this was a chance for them to have a fresh start, but Jin said that it was too late. Jin helped Michael rebuild the boat for an unknown reason, possibly because he needs a friend. That earned him a spot on the raft. Jin heard Kate’s screams for assistance with Claire, and was forced to be the messenger to tell Jack, which put him in contact with Sun, which was somewhat awkward. Jin wants to leave the island and has secured a spot on the raft. Jin feels that he’s being punished and his wife doesn’t deserve this. That’s why he’s leaving, to save her. Sun gave him a book of English phrases to help him communicate. Jin and Sun made up. Jin sailed away on the raft. After the Others shot Sawyer, Jin jumped in after him.

Jin:

- Knows there are hostile people who took Walt.

* Sun Paik (Kwon?)

Pre-Crash:

Sun is married to Jin. After he came home one night covered in blood and he told her that he did whatever her father asked him to - he did it for them, she be came alarmed. She was planning to leave her husband, and she secretly learned English. But at the Sydney airport, just before she was due to slip away, Jin gave her a flower, and she remembered the tender love they shared, so she stayed with him.

Post-Crash:

Sun seems to have knowledge of the medicinal value of tropical plants, and she has been working on a garden with Kate. Kate and Michael learned that Sun understands English before everyone else. After Michael’s raft was set on fire by someone, everyone suspected that Jin did it, and so did Sun when she saw his burned hands. After Sawyer brought Jin to the beach, he told Sun that he tried to put the fire out, which is how he burned his hands. When Michael was beating up Jin because he thought he torched his raft, Sun told him to stop in front of everyone, so everyone knows she speaks English now. Jin was so upset at himself for driving Sun away that he left Sun to live at the beach. Sun pleaded that this was a chance for them to have a fresh start, but Jin said that it was too late. Sun didn’t want Jin to leave the raft, so using Kate’s idea, she tried to make Jin just stick enough that he couldn’t go, but instead Michael was the one who got sick. Sun gave Jin a book of English phrases and words to help him communicate, and they made up.

* Rose is from Brooklyn and was traveling with her husband on the plane. He was in the tail section when the plane broke apart, but she believes in her heart that her husband is still alive. She tried to help Charlie cope with the disappearance of Claire.

* Danielle Rousseau is seemingly the last survivor of a French boat that crashed on the island more than 16 years ago. The science team only went to the island because they heard the transmission of the cursed numbers. When she captured Sayid, it was obvious she has some medical or scientific training and access to drugs. She claimed to have killed the rest of the survivors including her husband. She was seven months pregnant when they arrived on the island 16 years ago. One week after she gave birth, a pillar of black smoke appeared 5 km inland. One day later, her baby girl ‘Alex’ was abducted. She claims there are no such things as monsters, but then again, Sayid thought she may be bat#### insane. She called the ‘monster’ a security system to protect the island. She is paranoid and has booby-trapped approaches to her residence with many trip-wire-triggered booby traps. She knew Sayid would return so she left her residence and booby-trapped it with explosives. She went to the camp on the beach to warn the survivors that the Others were coming. Shortly thereafter, everyone noticed a pillar of black smoke. Jack took her to the hatch, but she didn’t know anything about it. She lead the expedition to the Black Rock, then promptly left and went to the beach camp. She heard the others whispering that they were coming for the boy, so in desperation, she kidnapped Claire’s son in hopes of making a trade to get Alex back. But at the beach where the black smoke was, there was nothing. She was confused and gave the baby back to Sayid and Charlie. They left her there, broken and crying

Rousseau

- Knows Hurley used the numbers that also drew her to the island.

- Knows the monster is a ‘security system’.

* Dr. Leslie Arzt (DEAD) was a high school science teacher who knows how the weather in the pacific region works and warned Michael that he had to leave within days if he wanted to have favorable winds. He learned from Hurley that Jack was going to get some dynamite, so he volunteered to go along because he knows about those things, I guess. He lost his courage at the edge of the dark territory and turned back, but he was chased by the monster and came back. He knew his stuff and warned the expedition that the high temperatures on the island would make the dynamite sweat nitroglycerine, the most dangerous and unstable explosive on earth. He wasn’t quite careful enough with it and was ripped to tiny shreds in an explosion.

* Boone Carlisle (DEAD) was a terrible lifeguard, all-American guy, and step-brother of Shannon Rutherford. He tried his best but had a rocky relationship with his step-sister. When he was six, Boone had a nanny Teresa, who he would bug by having her constantly go up and down the stairs to his room for things. “Teresa falls up the stairs, Teresa falls down the stairs.” One day Teresa took a bad step and broke her neck. Boone found a metal structure in the jungle with Locke while looking for Claire. Boone secretly lusted for his step-sister, and the night before the plane crash, Shannon seduced him and they had sex. After Boone's hallucination in the jungle, he realized that Shannon's death would make him feel relieved. Locke sent Boone to investigate a crashed plane at the top of a cliff. It was a heroin smuggling plane from Nigeria, but the radio worked. Boone was able to reach someone and say that he was a survivor of Oceanic flight 815, but the person on the other end said “We’re the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815”. He was badly wounded when the plane fell off the cliff and flipped upside-down. Locke carried him to the caves. Boone’s leg was crushed and he had internal bleeding. Jack was unable to save him despite his best efforts. Before he died, he told Jack that a plane fell on him and that Locke said not to tell anyone about the hatch. When Boone told Jack to let him die, he used Rose’s line to Jack: “I’m letting you off the hook.” Boone’s last words were “Tell Shannon… Boone was buried on a bluff overlooking the ocean.

* Ethan Rom (DEAD) was thought to have been a crash survivor, but it seems he was on the island before then. Locke found him out in the jungle when he was hunting. He said he was from Ontario when asked by Hurley. He kidnapped Claire and Charlie and then hung Charlie to die. He made his next appearance with scratches on his face and used a bola to knock out Jin. Then he told Charlie to give him Claire or else he’ll kill everyone else one at a time until he’s the only one left. He killed Scott by coming from the water. Jack took him down and actually beat him in a fistfight. But Charlie killed him with Jack’s dropped gun before he could say anything.

* Steve Jenkins and Scott Jackson(DEAD) are the best background characters ever. Each is often confused for the other. They'll probably be reoccurring and I suspect one of them will become a regular at some point. But not Scott Jackson, winner of a two week prize vacation to Australia, who had every bone in his body broken by Ethan! Steve didn’t know about the polar bear until Hurley told him. Steve is sleeping next to a survivor called Tracy.

* Sullivan: Oh man, is he glad he knows Jack is a doctor! You see, he's got this rash, and maybe he got a concussion, and... hey, are you playing golf?

* Bernard - Rose’s husband. He was in the washrooms in the tail section when the plane broke apart.

* Ana-Lucia - a girl who flirted with Jack at the airport. She was seated in the tail section.

Some stuff we know so far:

* The plane was traveling from Australia to Los Angeles.

* The crew lost communication and was turning back towards Fiji when the plane crashed.

* According to the pilot, they're at least 1000 miles off course.

* The names Locke and Rousseau are those of famous philosophers John Locke and Jean-Jacques Rousseau. Locke's monologue about light and dark and the episode title Tabula Rasa where some ideas of the philosopher John Locke. Locke’s father’s name is Anthony Cooper. Anthony Cooper was friend of the philosopher John Locke.

* The papers Sayid took from Rousseau are parts of a clue to the location of something - possibly the Black Rock, which seems to be quite an important location on the island. Rousseau’s science team found a radio tower by the Black Rock. After the sickness consumed her team, she changed the transmission from the numbers to the distress signal.

* Ethan Rom is an anagram for "other man".

* Rousseau had a list of numbers: 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 which were the same numbers Hurley won the lottery with. Through a chain of people, the numbers Hurley used can be directly connected to the island. Rousseau’s ship picked up the transmission of the numbers, and they turned to investigate, which ended up being a BIG mistake, since they crashed on the south copast of the island, near a crater. Rousseau agreed with Hurley that the numbers were cursed, and he was very thankful that someone finally believe him about the cursed numbers. The numbers are imprinted into the metal object that Locke found in the jungle.

* A Nigerian drug smugglers plane crashed on the island. Locke thinks it happened between 2 and 10 years ago.

* The island weather is affected by the monsoon season.

* The Black Rock is an ancient sailing ship out of Portsmouth. Which particular Portsmouth is still unknown. It appeared to be a mining vessel that had slaves, judging by the pickaxes, ancient dynamite, and chained up slave corpses.

* The security system/monster seems to be made of what appears to be black smoke. It sounds mechanical, and it lurks underground, forcing trees up from beneath, and emerging from the holes.

* The Others are real, and they have access to a small boat, fuel, explosive devices, and at least one gun. There are at least four of them, including a blonde woman. They wanted and have taken Walt.

* Inside the hatch is a long shaft down, with a ladder. The ladder is broken and only goes down a few feet.

Character Connections:

* Sawyer met Jack’s father in a bar in Australia. Sawyer may have bought him the bottle that killed him, and Jack’s father gave him advice that ended up encouraging him to murder an innocent man.

* Sawyer has slept with the woman who announced the lottery numbers Hurley won with.

* The first time Jin went to the Korean secretary of Environmental Protection, Hurley could be seen on television in the background.

* Hurley owns part of the box company in Tustin that Locke worked for.

* The Reyes Group (Hurley) possibly owns part of Oceanic Airlines.

* Locke’s mother and Hurley’s friend Leonard (and possibly Hurley?) were both committed in the Santa Rosa Mental Health Institute.

* Boone was in an Australian Police station at the same time as Sawyer. Sawyer ended up being dragged off in handcuffs after a bar fight.

* Locke is a fan of Charlie’s band Driveshaft, and knew Charlie was the bassist.

* Hurley and Charlie were staying at the same hotel in Sydney.

--

-The others ARE the ones on the boat taking walt! ( confirmed by harold on jimmy kimmel live )

-The monster is ( according to the script ) both mechanical AND bionical. its big, and prolll underground

-The hatch leads to the underground system

on the seating page, the number 815 changed to 777.

check the smoke before the thing blows up, seems like the monster

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searc...ngitude=162.342 That is where the coordinates are.

Other Additional Information:

If you go to www.oceanic-air.com then go track the flight, and track flight 815, you will see several different flight numbers, HOWEVER, if you look at flight 815, you will see that all the numbers are in there,

815 Alert SYD 14:04 14:08 15 LAX 03:16 03:23 42

Nice collection of details. Two post-crash, mysterious phenomena associated with Walt that you missed:

* Walt's father promises him that he will help him look for his dog as soon as it stops raining, whereupon it immediately stops raining

* Walt plays backgammon and always rolls whatever dice combination he wants

I haven't seen a lot of mention on here about EYES. almost every episode begins with someone's eye. charlie's tattoo says "living is easy with eyes closed." sawyer develops a vision problem on the island.

To me, it is obvious that Walt summoned the polar bear, in the same way he summoned the bird he was learning about in "special." also, if we take that into consideration, walt makes it stop raining when michael promises he'll find the dog after it stops. of course, this doesn't quite explain why walt didn't do anything about getting kidnapped by pirates. but, that might just be me.

Claire names her baby "aaron." aaron was moses' brother in the story of the exodus -- and given this happens in the episode titled "exodus," i can't believe it's a coincidence. also, from the writers' point of view, "aaron" is a lot more subtle than "moses." rousseau and the 'others' want claire's baby possibly because they see it as a "deliverer" from the island, or an escape. guess we'll find out later...

FYI, I'm watching the commentary on the pilot and they haven't mentioned anything new so far... just how they came up with particular scenes, general (boring) film stuff, and many, many of "This scene was originally longer."Coming up on the rain slicker person. I highly doubt they mention it.

I think they cut the rain slicker guy out early. It used to stand out clearly to me, but I was going frame by frame and didn't see them.Oh well, I always assumed it was just a misplaced crew member, but I wish they would've just left it and acknowledged it.

Any of you guys going to watch Threshold? Being touted as the "creepiest show since Twin Peaks".

Any of you guys going to watch Threshold?  Being touted as the "creepiest show since Twin Peaks".
I don't know. All 3 of the networks are bringing out their contribution to try and be the next X-Files this year--so at least 2 of them will flop and be gone after the first year I am guessing.I am curious to see what ABC is going to do with Invasion since the whole idea is about a massive hurricane hitting a town and then the aliens come during the storm. Will they even air something like that at this point?

edit: Oh, and I bought the Lost boxed set but it is still sitting there in the bag. I hope to get around to part of it next week.

Any of you guys going to watch Threshold? Being touted as the "creepiest show since Twin Peaks".
who says this? that's the kind of thing that gets tossed out by one of those lame review syndicates that appear with really bad movies...

Users who are viewing this thread