What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (8 Viewers)

Anyone see Locke's and Sawyers new books?
Pretty sure Locke gave Gale Crime and Punishment.
I just checked Tivo. It was The Brothers Karamazov.
It tells the story of the murder of a depraved landowner, Fyodor Karamazov, and the ensuing investigation and trial, concentrating on the parts played by Karamazov's three sons, Mitya, Ivan and Alyosha. Ivan is a revolutionary intellectual, while the young novice Alyosha is, according to Dostoyevsky, the novel's "hero". It is Mitya's passion for two women that contributes to disaster, and it is he who inwardly accepts the guilt of his father's murderer.
Looked like Sawyer was reading Lancelot, by Walter Percy.
Percy's most despairing novel, this is the story of mad Lancelot Lamar, who is so consumed by jealousy that he kills his unfaithful wife by blowing up their house--an event in which he himself is badly burned. In the hospital, he narrates this terrible story to his sympathetic friend Percival.

Last edited by a moderator:
What song was playing on the mobile?
???????????????????????
???????????????????????
???????????????????????
I'm sure if someone knew, they would have said by now. :rolleyes:
CATCH A FALLING STAR(Lee Pockriss - Paul Vance)

Catch a falling star

And put it in your pocket

Never let it fade away

Catch a falling star

Save it for a rainy day

For love may come

And tap you on the shoulder

Some starless night

Just in case you feel

You want to hold her

You'll have a pocketful of starlight

Catch a falling star

Never let it fade away

Catch a falling star

Save it for a rainy day

For when your

Troubles start multiplying

And they just might

It's easy to forget them

Without trying

With just a pocketful of starlight

Catch a falling star

Never let it fade away

Catch a falling star

Save it for a rainy day

???????????????????????
Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket,Never let it get away.

Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket,

Save it for a rainy day...

Edit: Crap. obriend beat me to it. ;)

I miss the old, smart Locke from season 1. He would have never fell for the "why are you letting the doctor call all the shots?" shtick.

Also, what was with the whole Eko thing? I was expecting something big, but all he did was confess to the guy (unless I missed something).

???????????????????????
???????????????????????
???????????????????????

Catch a falling star

Never let it fade away

Catch a falling star

Save it for a rainy day

For love may come

Some starless night

Just in case you feel

You want to hold her

Catch a falling star

Never let it fade away

Catch a falling star

Save it for a rainy day

For when your

And they just might

It's easy to forget them

Without trying

Catch a falling star

Never let it fade away

Catch a falling star

Save it for a rainy day
Isnt that the song Claire asked the woman who was going to adopt Aaron to sing to him?

It really bothers me that this 'deep insightful' show lets some TOTAL stranger learn two 'secretive' things about Locke and Eko within minutes of his second episode.

good show tonight. I had the impression that Echo scared that guy more then Sayid did. Locke did seem to get played awful easy there. To easy in my opinion.

This series is so very ####### good I can hardly stand it.

Isnt that the song Claire asked the woman who was going to adopt Aaron to sing to him?
Probably but I don't remember. Didn't Clarie's dream last season, the one with Locke and the black eyes, have a crib with an airplane mobile?
CribPlane

edit: I think that may be the same mobile that we saw tonight. They both have that weird star thing in the center of the planes. Im also pretty sure they both had 4 planes.

I thin the fact that the song was the one Claire wanted sung to Aaron and that there was a toy Oceanic plane in the bunker occupied by the Others means one of two things: either Dharma has manipulate events in the real world or there is some kind of serious dreaming/mind manipulation going on.

edit #2:

Transcript from that same episode, 1x10 Raised by Another:

CLAIRE: Do you know Catch a Falling Star? It's a song, like a lullaby.

EILEEN: Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket.

CLAIRE: My dad used to sing that to me when I was little. Do you think you could sing it to the baby once in a while?

EILEEN: Of course.

The thing I thought was most interesting tonight was when the guy with the beard (or without it in this case) told Ethan "why didn't you make the list...what am I supposed to tell him."

So that guy isn't the ringleader, from what I can gather.

That guy is clean shaven and his clone has a beard. The clones and there original "true" bodies are at war on the island, and since they are they clones, they think alike. So, each side needs new blood to give them a tactical advantage in the war for the island.
Or it was a fake beard.

???????????????????????
???????????????????????
???????????????????????

Catch a falling star

Never let it fade away

Catch a falling star

Save it for a rainy day

For love may come

Some starless night

Just in case you feel

You want to hold her

Catch a falling star

Never let it fade away

Catch a falling star

Save it for a rainy day

For when your

And they just might

It's easy to forget them

Without trying

Catch a falling star

Never let it fade away

Catch a falling star

Save it for a rainy day
Weren't some of those lyrics on the map that Sayid took from the French woman?

Did the fake beard and theatrical glue make anyone else tihnk of the movie "The Game"? Its would seem to fit in with the theory of a big Dharma experiment.
Kind of, except I don't think this is a "safe" experiment. In the game, the guns were blanks and they didn't really want Michael Douglas to get hurt.On the island, we have already seen Charlie hung on a tree and Scott/Steve killed. I also think the French Lady's story checks out based on seeing Alex and the scene with Sayid/the numbers as well as her taking Aaron to the black smoke. Based on these few items, I don't think it is a big psychological experiment that everyone except the 815 survivors are in on.

I think that the Dharma projects "went bad" at some point and the Others are in control now or that this is bad experimentation, i.e. Dr. Mengela (sp?) type stuff where the subjects are nothing to them. Based on the fake beard and fake clothes, the Others just want to keep their secrets safe by making the plane folks think that they are savages.

I have a couple big questions now:

1. Why did they let the survivors live since they have already shown the willingness to kill people. What do they need them for, to study the illness?

2. Who is the person that Zeke is afraid of?

3. Why did Ethan even kidnap Aaron? From Zeke's comment, it seemed like that wasn't on the big guy's plan, hence Zeke going after Walt.

???????????????????????
???????????????????????
???????????????????????

Catch a falling star

Never let it fade away

Catch a falling star

Save it for a rainy day

For love may come

Some starless night

Just in case you feel

You want to hold her

Catch a falling star

Never let it fade away

Catch a falling star

Save it for a rainy day

For when your

And they just might

It's easy to forget them

Without trying

Catch a falling star

Never let it fade away

Catch a falling star

Save it for a rainy day
I thought that was a song about the Sea, which was the Nemo song, I think? I do faintly remember Claire asking the woman about a song.If it was the same one and the mobile was Oceanic airplanes, then I would have to say that the Others have connections to the 815 survivors before the crash and that they did having something to do with the crash. More and more, I do think that Desmond is an Other and if so, then I definitely think the plane crash and the people on the flight were setup more than we think.

Could just be a bunch of mularkey, but if the song was the same and Desmond was an Other, then it might not all be coincidence.

The thing I thought was most interesting tonight was when the guy with the beard (or without it in this case) told Ethan "why didn't you make the list...what am I supposed to tell him."

You beat me to it. In my post above, one of my main questions now was who Zeke was afread of in that scene with Ethan.I wonder if Ethan was acting alone when he went back to get Claire? The Others sure haven't made another attempt to get Aaron after Ethan got shot and Zeke said the baby wasn't on the list, so Ethan might have gone after her the second time to save his own hide.

???????????????????????
???????????????????????
???????????????????????

Catch a falling star

Never let it fade away

Catch a falling star

Save it for a rainy day

For love may come

Some starless night

Just in case you feel

You want to hold her

Catch a falling star

Never let it fade away

Catch a falling star

Save it for a rainy day

For when your

And they just might

It's easy to forget them

Without trying

Catch a falling star

Never let it fade away

Catch a falling star

Save it for a rainy day
I thought that was a song about the Sea, which was the Nemo song, I think? I do faintly remember Claire asking the woman about a song.If it was the same one and the mobile was Oceanic airplanes, then I would have to say that the Others have connections to the 815 survivors before the crash and that they did having something to do with the crash. More and more, I do think that Desmond is an Other and if so, then I definitely think the plane crash and the people on the flight were setup more than we think.

Could just be a bunch of mularkey, but if the song was the same and Desmond was an Other, then it might not all be coincidence.
Shannon/Roussou's song was something like "Somewhere beyond the sea"Desmond was shooting up the same vaccine, so he must know about the "sickness" so I agree that he's an Other.

Very unsettling that Ethan had 4 toy Oceanic planes. :unsure:

OneTwo

Three

:shrug: Anyone know French?
The french lady's song was not the one posted above. In your pictures it says "la mer" and "bleue" which is the sea and blue. I am 99.9% sure that the french lady's song was from Nemo and also one of the major airlines theme song. That song is not the same as the one from the mobile that was posted above.

It seemed to me Ethan was making up the whole infection scenario to scare Claire into giving up the *******.

You beat me to it. In my post above, one of my main questions now was who Zeke was afread of in that scene with Ethan.I wonder if Ethan was acting alone when he went back to get Claire? The Others sure haven't made another attempt to get Aaron after Ethan got shot and Zeke said the baby wasn't on the list, so Ethan might have gone after her the second time to save his own hide.
I may have posted this before, but one of the writers wrote in his blog that the Others got who they wanted: Walt. Here's the post.I dont know if Ethan had a thing for Claire or he just saw an opportunity to get a child and took it. At that point Hurley had discovered that Ethan wasnt on the plane.

Shannon/Roussou's song was something like "Somewhere beyond the sea"

Desmond was shooting up the same vaccine, so he must know about the "sickness" so I agree that he's an Other.

Very unsettling that Ethan had 4 toy Oceanic planes. :unsure:
Damn, your right, I forgot about that. He also asked if any of the survivor's were sick.There is one thing though, Desmond could actually be telling the truth and that he got roped into the hatch without really knowing everything else that the Others were doing. I am sure most people remember the IMDB.com "mistake" that dealt directly with Desmond, so it is possible that Desmond was filled in on the vaccine, but that he was still manipulated into handling the hatch duties.

I wonder if Henry Gail's story might check out, i.e. he did crash land, but that he is still an Other. Maybe he was kidnapped and turned into an other. That whole Locke thing tonight pissed me off, almost as much as Kate getting a schoolgirl crush on Sawyer. Locke is definitely easily conned/manipulated.

It seemed to me Ethan was making up the whole infection scenario to scare Claire into giving up the *******.
Then why was Desmond injecting himself with the same stuff?
Plus Ethan went through that whole story to her that they only had enough vaccine for Aaron and that she would go back to the rest of the survivors.

Here's my other thought after the theatrical glue and the fake beard.

It's the sci-fi version of the Truman Show (I think that was the title of the Jim Carrey movie). The survivors are the only ones to not know they are on TV - everything else is to make a suspensful TV show.

I'm not serious but I wouldn't be shocked either.

It's the sci-fi version of the Truman Show (I think that was the title of the Jim Carrey movie). The survivors are the only ones to not know they are on TV - everything else is to make a suspensful TV show.

I really like that idea, but what about people who died or families and friends of the survivors...

It's the sci-fi version of the Truman Show (I think that was the title of the Jim Carrey movie).  The survivors are the only ones to not know they are on TV - everything else is to make a suspensful TV show.

I really like that idea, but what about people who died or families and friends of the survivors...
:goodposting: I agree, while it seems like The Game/Truman Show might be possible, the deaths, especially hanging Charlie and killing Scott/Steve, kind of make those scenarios unlikely. While experimenting is very likely, I don't think it is all a charade that is just going to stop in an instant. The Others are tricking the survivors, but I don't think it is a game/TV show/psych experiment (where everything is fake).

I do think that there may actually be a real illness. We saw Desmond take it before the survivors got into the hatch and if they were going to kill Claire, there was no need to inject her with anything if there was no sickness. I also believe the french lady at this point and thus believe her story about her shipmates getting sick.

Damn, I just thought of something that might have gotten glossed over.

When Kate found the fake beard, the Theatrical Glue had a Dharma label on it. To me this is very important because it says to me that:

1. The bearded guy is part of the original experiment.

2. The orientation film was also part of the original experiment.

I may be wrong on the 2nd, but because the theatrical glue was from Dharma, the whole Others cover up has been there since the beginning. I don't think there was an "incident" that got the Others in control of the Dharma stuff. I think the french lady's crew, the 815 survivors and possibly Desmond are brought to the island so that the experiments can continue as they have been going on since the start of the initiative.

When Kate found the fake beard, the Theatrical Glue had a Dharma label on it. To me this is very important because it says to me that:

I may be wrong on the 2nd, but because the theatrical glue was from Dharma, the whole Others cover up has been there since the beginning. I don't think there was an "incident" that got the Others in control of the Dharma stuff. I think the french lady's crew, the 815 survivors and possibly Desmond are brought to the island so that the experiments can continue as they have been going on since the start of the initiative.
That settles it.Is there "LOST" clothing merch? We need to make and market DHARMA t-shirts or something.

EVERYTHING has a DHARMA logo on it.

Hell, the tree Ecko chopped down in this episode probably had the DHARMA logo on it.

Shannon/Roussou's song was something like "Somewhere beyond the sea"

Desmond was shooting up the same vaccine, so he must know about the "sickness" so I agree that he's an Other.

Very unsettling that Ethan had 4 toy Oceanic planes.  :unsure:
Damn, your right, I forgot about that. He also asked if any of the survivor's were sick.There is one thing though, Desmond could actually be telling the truth and that he got roped into the hatch without really knowing everything else that the Others were doing. I am sure most people remember the IMDB.com "mistake" that dealt directly with Desmond, so it is possible that Desmond was filled in on the vaccine, but that he was still manipulated into handling the hatch duties.

I wonder if Henry Gail's story might check out, i.e. he did crash land, but that he is still an Other. Maybe he was kidnapped and turned into an other. That whole Locke thing tonight pissed me off, almost as much as Kate getting a schoolgirl crush on Sawyer. Locke is definitely easily conned/manipulated.
Refresh my memory on what this part was, please.

Serious question here:  What is the actual evidence for all this twin/clone talk?

All I can remember is some crack-pot theory that made the rounds last season.
Theories dude, its all about theories.
:rolleyes: But what is the theory based on, dude.
Uhh Zeke all cleaned up and shaven and then less than 2 weeks later with a long beard. Its either a twin, clone, or a fake beard.
:loco: :loco: Kate was digging through his beanie, a fake beard, and a bottle of "theatrical glue" yet people are saying clean-shaven Zeke is a clone.

:lmao:
All the posts about him being a clone, were from during the show. Any post, after the point when Kate was going through the lockers puts that theory to rest.

I don't think there was an "incident" that got the Others in control of the Dharma stuff. I think the french lady's crew, the 815 survivors and possibly Desmond are brought to the island so that the experiments can continue as they have been going on since the start of the initiative.
This is what I've thought from the beginning.Am I the only one who thought the Others are and always have been Dharma and are conducting all these "experiments" and drawing subjects to the island?

The only problem with that though, is how intertwined many of the stories are. Dharma must have a HUGE reach across the world to eb able to target certain individuals and bring them together like this.

I don't think there was an "incident" that got the Others in control of the Dharma stuff. I think the french lady's crew, the 815 survivors and possibly Desmond are brought to the island so that the experiments can continue as they have been going on since the start of the initiative.
This is what I've thought from the beginning.Am I the only one who thought the Others are and always have been Dharma and are conducting all these "experiments" and drawing subjects to the island?

The only problem with that though, is how intertwined many of the stories are. Dharma must have a HUGE reach across the world to eb able to target certain individuals and bring them together like this.
That is why it follows the realms of the Milgrim experiment and the Stanford Prison experiment. Borderling unethical but DHARMA has gone way overboard with it or they lost control at some point and could not pull the plug on time.

Desmond's vialsEthan's vials
If Kelvin told Desmond about the sickness, Desmond would continue to inject himself with the serum, would he not? Couldn't this is all a part of the bigger experiment? The bottles look similar enough, and they both have the numbers on them, afterall.It also strikes me as odd that the "medical bunker" is all but abandoned (the power was off, the rooms have been stripped clean, except for the bootie Claire crocheted Aaron, and all medical supplies appear to have been removed), yet they leave ragged clothes, theatrical glue and a fake beard in a locker. They wouldn't keep this stuff where they live?

They had to have left these items to continue the mindgames, knowing Claire would eventually return.

And one more thought. Locke CANNOT be this gullible!!!

On top of killing Scott/Steve, trying to kill Sawyer (taking Walt), trying to kill Charlie and being overly violent with the Tailie's in their flashbacks, remember that we found out they were getting ready to kill claire in a very organized fashion.

The baby WAS important to them. Why else would they have made a baby room or then scheduled a formal surgical operation to "remove" the baby from claire and get rid of her? Now, maybe the baby isn't as important as Walt, but if they weren't supposed to have the baby there, don't you think someone would have said, "ummm...hey ethan, what the heck is this baby room for?"

Still, as I kept thinking about the others "faking being savages" etc. and instead being involved in something scientific, the issue with the "monster" still lies quite unresolved and very separate thus far from what we are learning of the Dharma group.

Plus, let me again go on record that Locke is very, very disappointing. This guy was always the one who was intellectually superior to the other survivors, and now he is a mental midget (of course, the previews for the next episode could be misleading).

MORE ECKO!!! That guy rocks! There is something to his story and why he told Henry Gale. Maybe it was because he wanted to see his reaction when he told him that he killed 2 of them, and while he had remorse, he was capable.

Gale has to be a bad guy, because he has never once expressed fear when being told about "the others".

That settles it.Is there "LOST" clothing merch? We need to make and market DHARMA t-shirts or something.

Hell, the tree Ecko chopped down in this episode probably had the DHARMA logo on it.
What was the point of them showing this?

On top of killing Scott/Steve, trying to kill Sawyer (taking Walt), trying to kill Charlie and being overly violent with the Tailie's in their flashbacks, remember that we found out they were getting ready to kill claire in a very organized fashion.

The baby WAS important to them. Why else would they have made a baby room or then scheduled a formal surgical operation to "remove" the baby from claire and get rid of her? Now, maybe the baby isn't as important as Walt, but if they weren't supposed to have the baby there, don't you think someone would have said, "ummm...hey ethan, what the heck is this baby room for?"

Still, as I kept thinking about the others "faking being savages" etc. and instead being involved in something scientific, the issue with the "monster" still lies quite unresolved and very separate thus far from what we are learning of the Dharma group.

Plus, let me again go on record that Locke is very, very disappointing. This guy was always the one who was intellectually superior to the other survivors, and now he is a mental midget (of course, the previews for the next episode could be misleading).

MORE ECKO!!! That guy rocks! There is something to his story and why he told Henry Gale. Maybe it was because he wanted to see his reaction when he told him that he killed 2 of them, and while he had remorse, he was capable.

Gale has to be a bad guy, because he has never once expressed fear when being told about "the others".
Eerie...it's as if you stole this post from my brain.Plus your username suggests EXCELLENT taste in music. :Pj:

What was the point of them showing this?
This is the second or third episode with a random segment with Ecko and the trees. I don't get it either, but i agree there must be something.

Desmond's vialsEthan's vials
If Kelvin told Desmond about the sickness, Desmond would continue to inject himself with the serum, would he not? Couldn't this is all a part of the bigger experiment? The bottles look similar enough, and they both have the numbers on them, afterall.It also strikes me as odd that the "medical bunker" is all but abandoned (the power was off, the rooms have been stripped clean, except for the bootie Claire crocheted Aaron, and all medical supplies appear to have been removed), yet they leave ragged clothes, theatrical glue and a fake beard in a locker. They wouldn't keep this stuff where they live?

They had to have left these items to continue the mindgames, knowing Claire would eventually return.

And one more thought. Locke CANNOT be this gullible!!!
This really got me. Why would they leave this place? And they were just recently seen in all their savages gear, so why would they leave this stuff behind. I don't get why they would leave this bunker at all.Also, the dual personality Ethan is a bit weird. The dude who took Claire and Charlie seemed a lot more menacing than the nice guy who was so kind to Claire. If they had her drugged and were going to cut her baby out of her, why was he all Mr. Nice Guy.

C'mon Locke. Quit it.

Also, why would two women decide they were going to go roaming through the jungle by themselves? How about grabby Sayid, Eko, the once capable Locke or even Ana Lucia? Nope, the people they're going to take into no-man's land (no pun intended) are two young women (though I'll admit Kate normally handles herself well).

I'm in the camp that says that there is simply no way that this show can "end" well. There's just been too much buildup and the final end game is just going to disappoint.

But, having said that, I think it's also gotten to the point where they can't even attempt to combat that feeling. All this episode did was open 4 or 5 other potential important stories. How many different story lines, intertwined with all the others, can they possibly have going before the load is too much to carry?

I don't mind the character development and mystery and elongated satisfaction of some of the plots, but I think it's time that they tied up some loose ends to move the story forward. There needs to be some kind of answer at this point, which while not giving away everything, gives the audience enough to latch on to as they move forward.

If they keep finding hatches, others, have dreams, flashbacks, etc etc without ever even trying to connect something important, the end game is going to be that much worse. Like Carnivale on HBO, only much much worse.

Locke was shown to be gullible back in season 1. Remember he did give up a kidney to someone who may or may not be his father. They also showed him to be weak and have outbursts of anger when he thought that he was being told what he can and can not do. I don’t think the Locke we have been seeing lately is any different than the one from the pre-island days. I think they are setting him up to jump ship at some point to the others. Case in point would be Claire’s dream last season with him and the black eyes. We have already seen part of that dream come true with the baby crib and the mobile.

Users who are viewing this thread