What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (3 Viewers)

Something else just occurred to me.

When Danielle found Claire unconscious (presumably from the chloroform that Alex used on her) Ethan and a few Others were looking for her with lit torches.

We saw Kate find flashlights right by the entrance. Why would they use torches when they had flashlights readily available? I suppose it could be argued that torches would light up your immediate area better than one flashlight beam, but if you're looking into the jungle the precision of a flashlight would be much better.

If this is just another "production error" they seem to be getting pretty sloppy lately, after being quite meticulous in season one.

Couple of thoughts:

I get the impression that the others come and go off the island as they please. The expiriments haven't stopped or "gone horribly wrong", they are still going on and this is all an elaborate ruse to make the survivors think they on some far away island and no one is coming for them.
I agree with most of this... at least as far as saying that the "others" are able to restock on a regular basis.Also, last nights episode completely confirmed what I had long suspected... Claire is WAY hotter than Kate, and its really not even close.

I think the disguises were always used to create confusion and to make people think there are savage-type people on the island. This is why I find it odd that the Others would leave them behind. Disguises that the Others might have at other locations are now worthless if Kate doesn't keep the infomation to herself.

This leads me to believe they were rushed out of this hatch once Claire escaped and Ethan was killed. Ethan told Claire she was going to be allowed to go back with the survivors, but I think they were going to kill her at the end of the c-section. If that happened, they would have never abandoned this hatch. Maybe they did not want to risk another member once Ethan disappeared and decided to abandon. They could have a mega-hatch for all we know with computers and backup medical facilities, etc.

I do think that they scrapped/left that medical hatch because Claire escaped.
If that's the case, they would've/should've booby-trapped it or posted a guard.
Or locked it up...Which again leads me to believe they knew Clair would eventually return, which is why they left the bootie and the disguises. To continue the experiment/mindf**k.

Is Desmond an other or a dupe?

He was in the bunker before Locke etc got in.

He was pushing the button (but who knows for how long)

He was injecting himself with the serum (presumably the same serum Claire was injected with)

If he felt isolated you would think he would be excited to see other people and want to stay and share his experience in the bunker with them.  If he felt pushing the button was critical he would want to spend a little more time convincing them of its importance.

When he left did he take all the serum with him?  Was he afraid the survivors would become ill and want to take "his" serum so he grabbed it and ran.  Why hasn't Jack found the serum and wondered about its importance?

I think Desmond is an "other" and has only been in the hatch a short time waiting for the survivors to find him.  I also think Danielle is an other and she has been pushing them into situations for the benefit of the experiments.  It was Danielle that finally gave them the information that allowed them to discover the dynamite and get into the hatch in the first place.
If you recall, the computer had been shot and was malfunctioning when Desmond booked out of there. He seemed to be taking it very seriously.I'm in the dupe camp for Desmond.
I think I agree, but I do not think Danielle is an Other. I think she is the last living member of her expedition, which 16 years ago was in the same position as the flight 815 survivors. Based on her reactions when she didn't find the Others after taking Aaron and other times, I don't think she is a plant. We even saw evidence of that when she brought Claire back to the survivors.
IIRC, Danielle was drawing the power for her shelter (now blown up) from the Others, who basically let her use it as long as she didn't mess with them. Perhaps Danielle had an encounter with Zeke in the past like Jack, Locke, Sawyer and Kate did. That put the fear of God into her and she's not messing around with them.

Eko is clearly set up for a nice run in the future based on the trees and what he said to Henry. Glad to see him back to a more prominent role yesterday. I think he was trying to do what Sayid did, just in his own way, not really looking for forgivness from Henry, and we'll see how this helps determine who Henry is soon.

Does anyone have a screenshot of the mural inside the hatch? Someone here at work just asked if I noticed the black man wearing a priest's collar in the mural last night. I have to admit I didn't even remember seeing the mural at all.

Does anyone have a screenshot of the mural inside the hatch? Someone here at work just asked if I noticed the black man wearing a priest's collar in the mural last night. I have to admit I didn't even remember seeing the mural at all.
I think during the most recent mural discussions (within the last 10-15 pages of the thread) regarding how the mural may have changed, they showed a few angles of the mural and there is a distinctly black head - I can't recall if there was a collar or, not. Sorry if this is little to no help. If I can find a link to the mural pics, I'll edit this post and add them.

The mural DOES have a priest in it!!!
Mural Site

This is interesting site that delves into the hatch mural more than any of us have.

I find it interesting that they show that the mural has changed slightly from the first scene with Desmond to present.

Mural Site

This is interesting site that delves into the hatch mural more than any of us have.

I find it interesting that they show that the mural has changed slightly from the first scene with Desmond to present.
In those mural pictures where it says you can see the hot air ballon with the face on it, I see the face but what more clearly jumps out is 108, which is the timer and all the numbers added together. Forgive me if this has been covered previously in a mural talk, this is the first time I've noticed it.

When Danielle found Claire unconscious (presumably from the chloroform that Alex used on her) Ethan and a few Others were looking for her with lit torches.

We saw Kate find flashlights right by the entrance. Why would they use torches when they had flashlights readily available? I suppose it could be argued that torches would light up your immediate area better than one flashlight beam, but if you're looking into the jungle the precision of a flashlight would be much better.

If this is just another "production error" they seem to be getting pretty sloppy lately, after being quite meticulous in season one.
Why would that have been a production error? They got the torches because outside of the hatch they wear the disguises/act like savages. If they use the flashlights, then they are in "disguise" mode. I think the torches are exactly what I would have expected them to search with because that hatch was obviously not that far away from the 815 folks since Kate/Claire/Rousseaux found it before night time of the same day when they left, so probably just a few hours or less hike from the beach.

Mural Site

In those mural pictures where it says you can see the hot air ballon with the face on it, I see the face but what more clearly jumps out is 108, which is the timer and all the numbers added together. Forgive me if this has been covered previously in a mural talk, this is the first time I've noticed it.
The 108 thing has been discussed before, but don't sweat it.Also, is it just me or does anyone else not see a priest or a hot air ballon with a face on it?

It would seem to me that these Others are being shown as not fully in control and making mistakes. They showed frustration at how the Ethan kidnapping went. They forgot the bag.

This is NOT inconsistent. You have two sides here. "Offense" as in setting in motion a plan, and "defense" as in covering up how things went. Just as a football team might excel at one and be average at the other, so it is with a group like this.

Eko is clearly set up for a nice run in the future based on the trees and what he said to Henry. Glad to see him back to a more prominent role yesterday. I think he was trying to do what Sayid did, just in his own way, not really looking for forgivness from Henry, and we'll see how this helps determine who Henry is soon.
I honestly still have no idea what Eko was doing with Henry. All I knew was that Henry was scared ####less when he first walked in. I just don't understand why Eko would want forgiveness from the Other's leader if that is what he was doing. He sure seems like the type of guy that would defend the 815 survivors not a guy looking to save his own skin. It sure didn't seem like Henry even knew what exactly Eko wanted either.Oh well. I personally think that the show is actually starting to really zero in on the answers. Yes, they do open more questions, but I think last night took a huge leap towards us knowing who the Others really are. We still no very little about the monster and the numbers, but I feel like we know a lot more about the Others.

It would seem to me that these Others are being shown as not fully in control and making mistakes. They showed frustration at how the Ethan kidnapping went. They forgot the bag.

This is NOT inconsistent. You have two sides here. "Offense" as in setting in motion a plan, and "defense" as in covering up how things went. Just as a football team might excel at one and be average at the other, so it is with a group like this.
Plus, it is a TV show and the things the Others leave behind are also less about showing the incompetence of the Others and more to give us/the survivors clues about what is really going on.

Couple of thoughts:

I get the impression that the others come and go off the island as they please. The expiriments haven't stopped or "gone horribly wrong", they are still going on and this is all an elaborate ruse to make the survivors think they on some far away island and no one is coming for them.
I agree with most of this... at least as far as saying that the "others" are able to restock on a regular basis.

Also, last nights episode completely confirmed what I had long suspected... Claire is WAY hotter than Kate, and its really not even close.
Thank you. Finally a voice of reason. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mural Site

The 108 thing has been discussed before, but don't sweat it.Also, is it just me or does anyone else not see a priest or a hot air ballon with a face on it?
That's what I was talking about, if you see the 108 circled on the mural, that is the face they are talking about. The 8 is the eyes, 0 is the nose, 1 is the mouth. Kind of a stretch, but I can definitely see it. I did not see the priest.

We saw Kate find flashlights right by the entrance.  Why would they use torches when they had flashlights readily available?  I suppose it could be argued that torches would light up your immediate area better than one flashlight beam, but if you're looking into the jungle the precision of a flashlight would be much better.

Why would that have been a production error? They got the torches because outside of the hatch they wear the disguises/act like savages. If they use the flashlights, then they are in "disguise" mode. I think the torches are exactly what I would have expected them to search with because that hatch was obviously not that far away from the 815 folks since Kate/Claire/Rousseaux found it before night time of the same day when they left, so probably just a few hours or less hike from the beach.
Any survivors from the plane, as far as we know, have never been anywhere near the medical hatch. Just because it's close doesn't necessarily mean they've explored around there. There's a girl who's 9 months pregnant who's been drugged into a stupor who's apparently escaped who will not be moving very fast. They've already prepped the OR to give her a C-section and they're going to take the time to get into "disguise"? I just don't buy it. Admittedly, I'm again overanalyzing, but if this baby is that important to them, I see them running outside to find Claire as soon as they find out she's gone, and with flashlights right at the door, I see that as a logical thing for them to grab, rather than grabbing and lighting torches, etc. That's just me though.

I just have a quick question.

I don't know if it has been discussed befoe because I stopped reading around page 88, so here goes.

In the 48 days episode we saw that the others raided the camp to take the good people. When they tried to take Eko he killed 2 of them. Later Eko was confronted with the black smoke it decided he was bad (I think that was the general concesus). Was Eko's attempted abduction a mistake in judgment from Nathan?

Just wanted to know your thought. Thanks!

I missed last nights episode, any idea when they are replaying it? Or where can I get it off the internet?
im sure you are looking for a free dl, but i downloaded a couple missed episodes from itunes. no commercials. forget the price. im guessing $3 or so.

Gale has to be a bad guy, because he has never once expressed fear when being told about "the others".
the real question is how could he have survived this long without when he acts like he never even heard of "the others"????

:no:

Couple of thoughts:

I agree with most of this... at least as far as saying that the "others" are able to restock on a regular basis.

Also, last nights episode completely confirmed what I had long suspected... Claire is WAY hotter than Kate, and its really not even close.
Ok, Claire is pretty hot. But Kate is still hotter.

I don't know if it has been discussed befoe because I stopped reading around page 88, so here goes.

In the 48 days episode we saw that the others raided the camp to take the good people. When they tried to take Eko he killed 2 of them. Later Eko was confronted with the black smoke it decided he was bad (I think that was the general concesus). Was Eko's attempted abduction a mistake in judgment from Nathan?

Hulk's posting kind of answers your question. The black smoke left him alone, b/c he didn't fear it, not b/c he was good or bad. We don't really know yet, what the connection between The Others and the Black Smoke is.
Pulled from the ABC boards. Not spoilers per se, so I'm not whitting it out, but it does reveal which questions will be answered this season.

For those ofyou who are interested, I have compiled a list of items mentioned by the producers in their podcast. So far, they have said that the following answers and facts will be revealed by the end of this season.

1) Exactly what brought flight 815 down will be "absolutely and definitively" answered.

2) We will find out what happened to Walt, where he is being held, and what he has been doing.

3) Why Ecko's fate is inextricably linked to the island, and what it will be.

4) Who the Others are, why they are still on the island, and what they have been doing there.

5) Who Danielle's daughter Alex is. The producers have confirmed that the "Alex" that "Mr. Friendly" (aka Zeke) called to in the woods IS Danielle's daughter.

6) What is behind the concrete wall in the Swan, the source of the electro-megnetic field on the island.

7) And last, but certainly NOT least, what happens when the button isn't pushed.

If I have left anything out, PLEASE feel free to add to the list.

Also, the producers have pretty much said "no" to the theory that the electromagnetic fields have anything at all to do with why Locke can walk again.

They also confirmed the fast that the "monster" left Ecko alone because he didn't fear it. NOT because he is a good person now. They were very clear about it and said that the first time it encountered Locke, Locke didn't fear it, so it let him go. The second time Locke encountered it, he reacted differently, causing the "monster" to do the same. The same thing with the pilot in S1E1.

If you haven't listened to the podcasts, you should check them out. It's the only real source for confirmed information.

Here's the link: http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/podcasts/102999.htm

I think we are making much ado about nothing over the torches and flashlights. They may have had less flashlights than people. Those without flashlights use torches.

Regarding why some things seemed to be left behind in the medical hatch, it seems like they may have packed up and left in a hurry. Maybe there are factions or a civil war among the Others?

Goodwin told Ana Lucia, the first night's abductions were to eliminate the strongest and the biggest threats.

i think he said crime and punishment....
Anyone see Locke's and Sawyers new books?
Pretty sure Locke gave Gale Crime and Punishment.
I just checked Tivo. It was The Brothers Karamazov.
It tells the story of the murder of a depraved landowner, Fyodor Karamazov, and the ensuing investigation and trial, concentrating on the parts played by Karamazov's three sons, Mitya, Ivan and Alyosha. Ivan is a revolutionary intellectual, while the young novice Alyosha is, according to Dostoyevsky, the novel's "hero". It is Mitya's passion for two women that contributes to disaster, and it is he who inwardly accepts the guilt of his father's murderer.
Looked like Sawyer was reading Lancelot, by Walter Percy.
Percy's most despairing novel, this is the story of mad Lancelot Lamar, who is so consumed by jealousy that he kills his unfaithful wife by blowing up their house--an event in which he himself is badly burned. In the hospital, he narrates this terrible story to his sympathetic friend Percival.

We saw Kate find flashlights right by the entrance.  Why would they use torches when they had flashlights readily available?  I suppose it could be argued that torches would light up your immediate area better than one flashlight beam, but if you're looking into the jungle the precision of a flashlight would be much better.

Any survivors from the plane, as far as we know, have never been anywhere near the medical hatch. Just because it's close doesn't necessarily mean they've explored around there. There's a girl who's 9 months pregnant who's been drugged into a stupor who's apparently escaped who will not be moving very fast. They've already prepped the OR to give her a C-section and they're going to take the time to get into "disguise"? I just don't buy it. Admittedly, I'm again overanalyzing, but if this baby is that important to them, I see them running outside to find Claire as soon as they find out she's gone, and with flashlights right at the door, I see that as a logical thing for them to grab, rather than grabbing and lighting torches, etc. That's just me though.
I thought based on the discussion between Zeke and Ethan that the baby wasn't important to them. It seemed to me that Ethan was really the driving force behind that. Don't forget he was talking about a "family" etc. Maybe he just thought that he should take it upon himself to abduct her. If the baby was important, they would have grabbed her again even after Ethan died. I think Ethan kind of ####ed up there and they emptied the medical hatch to hide the evidence of the experiments/illness/etc.

A few questions out of leftfield that I haven't see mentioned...and I do understand everything is speculation at this point.

Ethan was back yesterday and was playing Dr. Medicine. When he was originally around didn't it appear that he had some type of superhuman strength? Was this medically induced?

The Others have a boat...where is it kept? How does a boat that small and beat up make it to a remote island...or is the island actually remote?

Couple of thoughts:

Ok, Claire is pretty hot. But Kate is still hotter.
To me, this is like arguing whether bananas or apples are better. They're both really good ... and good for you. :hophead: :thumbup:

4) Who the Others are, why they are still on the island, and what they have been doing there.
We definitely got some of the answers to this last night.
we did?
Definitely.We know that Zeke is not the head honcho.

We know that the Others have an antidote to some sort of illness.

We know that the whole savage thing is an act.

We know that these folks are original Dharma people, not descendant of the Black Rock etc. that overtook the Dharma folks.

We know that Ethan planned Claire's abduction by himself.

We know that Alex is alive and well and is actually not fully on the Others side.

We "may" know that the Others knew that flight 815 was going to crash.

We "may" know that the Others may have been involved with the survivors before the crash.

Some of these are up in the air, I will admit, but I was just trying to list out as much as I think, just IMHO, that we may have learned.

we did?

We know that these folks are original Dharma people, not descendant of the Black Rock etc. that overtook the Dharma folks.

We know that Alex is alive and well and is actually not fully on the Others side.

We "may" know that the Others may have been involved with the survivors before the crash.

Some of these are up in the air, I will admit, but I was just trying to list out as much as I think, just IMHO, that we may have learned.
This is the second time I've read this. Why do you think the savage thing is an act. They've killed people, tried killing Charlie, shot Sawyer & blew up their raft when they stole Walt...

A few questions out of leftfield that I haven't see mentioned...and I do understand everything is speculation at this point.

Ethan was back yesterday and was playing Dr. Medicine. When he was originally around didn't it appear that he had some type of superhuman strength? Was this medically induced?

The Others have a boat...where is it kept? How does a boat that small and beat up make it to a remote island...or is the island actually remote?
I kind of remember thinking that Ethan was a little special, but he did have Jack dead to rights. I think my initial thought was more that maybe he had a military background, i.e. trained in fighting because he roughed Jack up good. Then again, that might have been done for effect to show the "Others" power and don't forget, Jack was just a doctor and Charlie is really a small guy, so he is easy to push around.Not sure about the little boat, but I think that is just for getting around the island. For all we know, they could have other boats. I don't think that any of the survivors have gone anywhere near the Others' territory. Remember the kidnapping of Kate? Zeke basically told them that they shouldn't cross the imaginary line and that made me think that none of them had been anywhere near that part of the island. Also, Zeke had them surrounded in a matter of seconds, so who knows what type of security/monitoring devices the Others actually have.

we did?

This is the second time I've read this. Why do you think the savage thing is an act. They've killed people, tried killing Charlie, shot Sawyer & blew up their raft when they stole Walt...
The savage thing is the way they dress. Last night we saw Ethan and Zeke in normal work clothes and cleaned up nicely. The beard/hat/dirty raggedy clothes were found by Kate in the locker, so that was an act.By savage, I meant that their "act" is to look like people who were shipwrecked on an island, think Tom Hanks in Castaway. I am by no means saying that they aren't ruthless. John Gadi killed a lot of people, but he also dressed in nice suits.

Ethan was back yesterday and was playing Dr. Medicine.  When he was originally around didn't it appear that he had some type of superhuman strength?  Was this medically induced?

The Others have a boat...where is it kept?  How does a boat that small and beat up make it to a remote island...or is the island actually remote?
I kind of remember thinking that Ethan was a little special, but he did have Jack dead to rights. I think my initial thought was more that maybe he had a military background, i.e. trained in fighting because he roughed Jack up good. Then again, that might have been done for effect to show the "Others" power and don't forget, Jack was just a doctor and Charlie is really a small guy, so he is easy to push around.
Could be...yet, it appeared to me that his strength was somewhat abnormal. There was something stiff, methodical and unnnatural about it. This first thing I thought when I saw him screwing around as a medicine man was his strength had something to do with the pharmaceutical world.

Ethan was back yesterday and was playing Dr. Medicine.  When he was originally around didn't it appear that he had some type of superhuman strength?  Was this medically induced?

The Others have a boat...where is it kept?  How does a boat that small and beat up make it to a remote island...or is the island actually remote?
I kind of remember thinking that Ethan was a little special, but he did have Jack dead to rights. I think my initial thought was more that maybe he had a military background, i.e. trained in fighting because he roughed Jack up good. Then again, that might have been done for effect to show the "Others" power and don't forget, Jack was just a doctor and Charlie is really a small guy, so he is easy to push around.
Could be...yet, it appeared to me that his strength was somewhat abnormal. There was something stiff, methodical and unnnatural about it. This first thing I thought when I saw him screwing around as a medicine man was his strength had something to do with the pharmaceutical world.
Hey, I think I read somewhere that Dharma in Italian is Balco. Hmm... ;) I do know what you are saying, I definitely noticed Ethan in that way. It looked like it would probably look if I was in a fight with Chuck Norris.

Hey, I think I read somewhere that Dharma in Italian is Balco. Hmm... ;) I do know what you are saying, I definitely noticed Ethan in that way. It looked like it would probably look if I was in a fight with Chuck Norris.
Maybe the "him" is actually Barry Bonds and this whole thing revolves around the MLB steroid scandal...

People, flashlights are not tatical.

If you're a mile or two away from someone you don't want to notice you, using torches is the way to go. A flashlight beam is a lot easier to see at a distance than a torch.

In the 48 days episode we saw that the others raided the camp to take the good people. When they tried to take Eko he killed 2 of them.  Later Eko was confronted with the black smoke it decided he was bad (I think that was the general concesus).  Was Eko's attempted abduction a mistake in judgment from Nathan? 

Hulk's posting kind of answers your question. The black smoke left him alone, b/c he didn't fear it, not b/c he was good or bad. We don't really know yet, what the connection between The Others and the Black Smoke is.
Pulled from the ABC boards.  Not spoilers per se, so I'm not whitting it out, but it does reveal which questions will be answered this season.

For those ofyou who are interested, I have compiled a list of items mentioned by the producers in their podcast. So far, they have said that the following answers and facts will be revealed by the end of this season.

1) Exactly what brought flight 815 down will be "absolutely and definitively" answered.

2) We will find out what happened to Walt, where he is being held, and what he has been doing.

3) Why Ecko's fate is inextricably linked to the island, and what it will be.

5) Who Danielle's daughter Alex is. The producers have confirmed that the "Alex" that "Mr. Friendly" (aka Zeke) called to in the woods IS Danielle's daughter.

6) What is behind the concrete wall in the Swan, the source of the electro-megnetic field on the island.

7) And last, but certainly NOT least, what happens when the button isn't pushed.

If I have left anything out, PLEASE feel free to add to the list.

Also, the producers have pretty much said "no" to the theory that the electromagnetic fields have anything at all to do with why Locke can walk again.

They also confirmed the fast that the "monster" left Ecko alone because he didn't fear it. NOT because he is a good person now. They were very clear about it and said that the first time it encountered Locke, Locke didn't fear it, so it let him go. The second time Locke encountered it, he reacted differently, causing the "monster" to do the same. The same thing with the pilot in S1E1.

If you haven't listened to the podcasts, you should check them out. It's the only real source for confirmed information.

Here's the link: http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/podcasts/102999.htm
Thanks that clears a lot up.

In the 48 days episode we saw that the others raided the camp to take the good people. When they tried to take Eko he killed 2 of them.  Later Eko was confronted with the black smoke it decided he was bad (I think that was the general concesus).  Was Eko's attempted abduction a mistake in judgment from Nathan? 

Goodwin told Ana Lucia, the first night's abductions were to eliminate the strongest and the biggest threats.
Weren't the children abducted the first night?

No, they came for them a few days later.One thing that doesn't seem right to me is if Ethan never came up with a list how did Zeke know eveyone's names when they met up in the jungle.

No, they came for them a few days later.One thing that doesn't seem right to me is if Ethan never came up with a list how did Zeke know eveyone's names when they met up in the jungle.
Perhaps Walt told them? What's to say the others aren't monitoring the survivors? Ethan didn't produce a list but he may still have talked with Zeke about the key players.

we did?

We don't actually "know" this. I think it is still quite plausible that the serum is a placebo and that no "illness" exists. None of the survivors have contracted this illness and the only people that seem to know about the illness are Danielle and Desmond.I suppose you could argue that Henry Gale's wife died of the illness but he used the word fever. He didn't say that she went crazy of some strange illness.

The savage costumes, the timer, and the illness all have the same purpose. To make people afraid and submissive. If they don't do as they are told they will be killed by savages, the world will blow up, or the cure to the illness will be witheld.

Users who are viewing this thread