What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (2 Viewers)

I also think, it's far too convenient for Michael to come stumbling out of the jungle right into Jack and Kate's laps as they're at the "line in the sand" clearing.
Yeah, that hardly ever happens on the island? :rolleyes: :lmao:
I was thinking that the Others did in fact hear Jack, and therefore they released Michael to Jack to stir things up. I think that Mike just happens to be stumbling around in the exact same location and then passes out upon arrival is far too coincidental.

The Others probably had him captive and drugged (ala Claire) and just conveniently let him escape to Jack to further their 'experiments' against the tailies.

I also think, it's far too convenient for Michael to come stumbling out of the jungle right into Jack and Kate's laps as they're at the "line in the sand" clearing.
:confused: Maybe I wasn't clear. From your previous posts, I think you and I may be on the same page, to some degree.

Michael shows up where Jack and Kate are waiting to try to make an exchange for Walt and Michael shows up. From the previews, it's obvious that he wants to launch an assault on them because he knows where they are and that they're "barely armed".

My guess is, Michael's been allowed to see certain things or he's been caught and drugged or something.

I'm so done with LOST....the show is boring now.
While I love the show, I kinda agree. The last episode was really boring up until the last 10 minutes.
Sorry, but I just don't get the boring thing. Lost is all about back stories and good writing, etc. Would you rather watch an extended version of the Matrix or watch Matrix 2/Matrix 3.Personally, I like a TV show, not that there are any like Lost, that makes you think and delves into every character.

I definitely could see them going too long if we are watching a show like this in Season 5, but I think I will be more disappointed when it ends and the only stuff still on is CSI: Bismark, Survivor: Winnipeg, Amazing Race 15, Real World Birmingham and Law & Order Taskforce For Special Victims - Burglary Injuries (TFSVBI). Lost is such a unique show that while I will hate a horrible Series Finale, I will still hate to see it go more.

* Disclaimer - I do watch Survivor/Amazing Race.
Within 10 minutes we all knew that Hurley was imagining that dude, then we have to wait another 45 minutes before we see anything of meaning. Seems like they are putting 1 show's worth of material into 3 episodes.
I think you are misinterpreting what the show is about. I bet the writers could sum up the entire show in one episode if they wanted to, but that's not the point.
I am trying to juggle 12 things right now while reading this from my office. Stop the whinning and complaing and get back to talking about the show .... Nancies. Wasting my time reading you complain while I whould be reading silly speculations about the show and the survivors.

Sheesh.... :boxing:

Last edited by a moderator:
:confused: Maybe I wasn't clear. From your previous posts, I think you and I may be on the same page, to some degree.

Michael shows up where Jack and Kate are waiting to try to make an exchange for Walt and Michael shows up. From the previews, it's obvious that he wants to launch an assault on them because he knows where they are and that they're "barely armed".

My guess is, Michael's been allowed to see certain things or he's been caught and drugged or something.
People are constantly "coincidentally" running into each other at opportune moments on the island. I don't put any particular weight on this instance.Michael doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed. He ran off alone for Christ's sake, so there's not a lot of consistency there. Whether or not there is even an assault on the others (again, its tough to get people to make a sign with rocks, so I'm not sure how the Army recruitment is going) is still in question, let alone the outcome.

I don't think Michael has been caught or drugged. I could be wrong, but that doesn't seem to be their M.O. He may have seen something that leads him to believe he knows their strengths/capabilities, but my bet is he is misinterpreting what he saw.

People are constantly "coincidentally" running into each other at opportune moments on the island. I don't put any particular weight on this instance.Michael doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed. He ran off alone for Christ's sake, so there's not a lot of consistency there. Whether or not there is even an assault on the others (again, its tough to get people to make a sign with rocks, so I'm not sure how the Army recruitment is going) is still in question, let alone the outcome.

I don't think Michael has been caught or drugged. I could be wrong, but that doesn't seem to be their M.O. He may have seen something that leads him to believe he knows their strengths/capabilities, but my bet is he is misinterpreting what he saw.
:goodposting: They're stronger than Michael thinks, I smell a trap.

Anyone else notice that the "sign" Bernard was trying to make ended up as a SAD face in the sand when looking from the water when he stopped working on it?

Anyone else notice that the "sign" Bernard was trying to make ended up as a SAD face in the sand when looking from the water when he stopped working on it?
O is the 15th letter of the alphabetS is the 19th

S O S

19+15+19 = 53

5+3 = 8 which is one of the numbers.

:eek: :ph34r: :loco:

;)

Maybe Micheal saw them walking around, looking like weaklings with no guns.

But, when they get attacked, they'll be able to shoot lightning from their hands or kill people with their mind or something.

Um, also, if you were standing somewhere else, it would look like a happy face.ITS A MESSAGE!

Um, also, if you were standing somewhere else, it would look like a happy face.ITS A MESSAGE!
Only if you were looking through a mirror. :unsure:

Anyone think that Michael is now an other? Zeke said at one time that Michael would not be able to find them but yet he claims that he did? I think he is trying to lure the survivors into a trap with the promise of his son’s release.
He could just be trying to "rally the troops" to get Walt, regardless of their odds. He has already proven and demonstrated that he does not mind sacraficing anyting to get Walt back (including his own life). He could just be trying to rally everyone and fire them up to attack the others so he can grab Walt.

Maybe Micheal saw them walking around, looking like weaklings with no guns.

But, when they get attacked, they'll be able to shoot lightning from their hands or kill people with their mind or something.
We still don't know if he saw them as simple island naitves or as the sophisticated group that was seen in Clair's flashbacks.

Anyone think that Michael is now an other? Zeke said at one time that Michael would not be able to find them but yet he claims that he did? I think he is trying to lure the survivors into a trap with the promise of his son’s release.
He could just be trying to "rally the troops" to get Walt, regardless of their odds. He has already proven and demonstrated that he does not mind sacraficing anyting to get Walt back (including his own life). He could just be trying to rally everyone and fire them up to attack the others so he can grab Walt.
:goodposting:

Some of my thoughts:

4. Looks like the Kate-Jack heat is being turned back up again.
I don't think Jack wants it turned back on. He really went out of his way to not kiss up to her last night with "I only took you because Sayid said no and they don't want you." He really could have schmoozed her last night and decided not to.
Looked to me like the two of them were moving in for a kiss when they were interupted by the sounds of Michaels' return.And kupcho, I agree the backstory was important to set up the potential healing process of the island. I liked that aspect. I guess it just boils down to me not being very invested in Rose and Barnard as characters so I didn't need to see an episode devoted to them. It was sweet and romantic and I agree it added another layer to the island's potential mystery but their personal story just didn't do much for me.

With regard to Michael being right, maybe he's not but I'm telling you I was convinced Mr. Friendly was twitchy when Jack was calling him on his bluff about having so much power on the island. I think Michael's right and I think The Others are putting on a huge display to hide the true weaknesses of their group. Just a thought but I'm sticking with it. :)

With regard to the "war" and last night's stone-carrying endeavor. I also think it comes down to nobody on the island having much respect for Barnard. Jack is a different story. I would hate to think the "war" everything has been pointing to will be nothing but a tease. I'm not talking "Braveheart" here :) but I do think we need to see the two forces pitted against one another. Everything has been pointing to that all season long.

I might be the only person who likes Ana-Lucia as a character so I'm a bit bummed they dropped the whole Jack-AL angle. I liked the dynamic their two characters had together.
:goodposting: Agree with pretty much everything you said except I didn't think Mr. Friendly was all that twitchy.

I, too, am a fan of Ana Lucia, so there are two of us.

Some of my thoughts:

I don't think Jack wants it turned back on. He really went out of his way to not kiss up to her last night with "I only took you because Sayid said no and they don't want you." He really could have schmoozed her last night and decided not to.
Looked to me like the two of them were moving in for a kiss when they were interupted by the sounds of Michaels' return.And kupcho, I agree the backstory was important to set up the potential healing process of the island. I liked that aspect. I guess it just boils down to me not being very invested in Rose and Barnard as characters so I didn't need to see an episode devoted to them. It was sweet and romantic and I agree it added another layer to the island's potential mystery but their personal story just didn't do much for me.

With regard to Michael being right, maybe he's not but I'm telling you I was convinced Mr. Friendly was twitchy when Jack was calling him on his bluff about having so much power on the island. I think Michael's right and I think The Others are putting on a huge display to hide the true weaknesses of their group. Just a thought but I'm sticking with it. :)

With regard to the "war" and last night's stone-carrying endeavor. I also think it comes down to nobody on the island having much respect for Barnard. Jack is a different story. I would hate to think the "war" everything has been pointing to will be nothing but a tease. I'm not talking "Braveheart" here :) but I do think we need to see the two forces pitted against one another. Everything has been pointing to that all season long.

I might be the only person who likes Ana-Lucia as a character so I'm a bit bummed they dropped the whole Jack-AL angle. I liked the dynamic their two characters had together.
:goodposting: Agree with pretty much everything you said except I didn't think Mr. Friendly was all that twitchy.

:thumbup:

I was thinking that the Others did in fact hear Jack, and therefore they released Michael to Jack to stir things up. I think that Mike just happens to be stumbling around in the exact same location and then passes out upon arrival is far too coincidental.

The Others probably had him captive and drugged (ala Claire) and just conveniently let him escape to Jack to further their 'experiments' against the tailies.
Did Michael still have his gun whn he came back?

Finally Kate told Jack about the medical hatch, costumes, etc.

Locke sketching maps was cool.

Even the island scabs wouldn't help Bernhard.

Good question. I thought of this too last night and don't remember noticing it.

Kate finally told Jack about the medical hatch, ya! after how many weeks?Locke sketching maps, but when the heck will he tell them about it. We are not going to know until May, " if " he sketches fast.

Thanks Bobcat. These type of things bother me.

Good question. I thought of this too last night and don't remember noticing it.
I looked for but didn't see his rifle. While my wife was saying "That's not Michael."

Some of my thoughts:

:thumbup:
Count me in too. I like AL and I really hope they don't write her out because of her off the field behavior.

As for 5, remember that I am one of the folks that think that Dave on the island was not Hurley's mental problem as it was in the institution.
FYI, the podcast this week denounced this. Dave exists solely in Hurley's head.
You gotta give me more than that. Were they referring to Hurley's time at the institution? I agree 100% on that, he was an imaginary friend, period. Were they trying to dispell it because enough fans were trying to read into a bad polaroid picture?Hey, I will admit when I am wrong, but I did think that some folks brought up an interesting point about the Dave at the institution where Dave never interacted with any object other than Hurley. He didn't unlock the window or give Hurley the lasagna, he just point them out. On the island, he picked up coconuts and a shoe.

If you post the comments I would appreciate it because then I can take it off my weird list, but I just think it is strange that other people have seen "familiar" images on the island, so I still think that it is possible that the island caused Hurley to see Dave again.

Kate finally told Jack about the medical hatch, ya! after how many weeks?Locke sketching maps, but when the heck will he tell them about it. We are not going to know until May, " if " he sketches fast.

Why in the world would that bother you? Locke has been shown to be a very secretive guy. He didn't tell his girlfriend about his Dad and he and Boone kept the hatch a secret for more than a month. He and Jack also tried to keep Henry a secret.Even on the Kate thing, she even said in the same scene that she didn't tell Jack because she was no longer in the club and mentioned that Jack never mentioned Henry.

Also, it probably hasn't been weeks. Maybe in terms of you watching shows, it has been, but last night was episode 19 and the medical hatch was episode 15. So far there have been 43 episodes, so in island time, it is about 1-1.5 days per episode, so it has been 4-6 days since they found the medical hatch. Kate mentioned also mentioned that Jack has been holed up in the hatch dealing with Henry, which he has, so she has barely seen him.

So anyway, I guess to me you are being bothered by stuff that is totally in character for Locke and Kate not telling Jack after a few days when she felt alienated and barely saw him. Much ado about nothing, if you ask me. ;)

Why in the world would that bother you? Locke has been shown to be a very secretive guy. He didn't tell his girlfriend about his Dad and he and Boone kept the hatch a secret for more than a month. He and Jack also tried to keep Henry a secret.Even on the Kate thing, she even said in the same scene that she didn't tell Jack because she was no longer in the club and mentioned that Jack never mentioned Henry.

Also, it probably hasn't been weeks. Maybe in terms of you watching shows, it has been, but last night was episode 19 and the medical hatch was episode 15. So far there have been 43 episodes, so in island time, it is about 1-1.5 days per episode, so it has been 4-6 days since they found the medical hatch. Kate mentioned also mentioned that Jack has been holed up in the hatch dealing with Henry, which he has, so she has barely seen him.

So anyway, I guess to me you are being bothered by stuff that is totally in character for Locke and Kate not telling Jack after a few days when she felt alienated and barely saw him. Much ado about nothing, if you ask me. ;)
Fair enough about the time frame on the island and our weekly episode.Locke gets injured, sees the map and Jack is fixing him up and Locke doesn't mention it to Jack? OK. Thats totally in charecter for Locke, I guess so, since he didn't tell Jack about the hatch in the first place. Then Jack runs off before Locke can tell him.

WE see the map, there is a full page in Entertainment Weekly and probably others. The same as they released and we saw the next day. Then the next ep it isn't even mentioned. Thats frustrating. I expecped the next ep to be about the map. It wasn't and now we have 2 weeks of repeats.

Maybe I'm a Lostaholic.

I found it funny that Jack took off to confront the others all pissed off and ready to force a deal, but when it came down to it, he was too much of a ####ay to cross the line and seek them out. Instead he just screamed until he lost his voice and waited like a putz.

I found it funny that Jack took off to confront the others all pissed off and ready to force a deal, but when it came down to it, he was too much of a ####ay to cross the line and seek them out. Instead he just screamed until he lost his voice and waited like a putz.
Jack has the greatest sneer on TV. What a ##### bag that guy is.

Where was he supposed to go?

Wow, this must be the least talked about episode so far.

When I saw it was a Bernard/Rose episode I sensed a dread only previously felt for Kate backstories, but it was done well and added something to the pot.

So which characters will bite the dust by seasons end?

When I saw it was a Bernard/Rose episode I sensed a dread only previously felt for Kate backstories, but it was done well and added something to the pot.

Are they talking about someone getting offed? If this is true, smart money would be on Ana Lucia.

Are they talking about someone getting offed? If this is true, smart money would be on Ana Lucia.
There was a spoilerfix.com spoiler from the NY Times that mentioned that the cast will be "culled" this season. I didn't white out the spoiler, becaus it is so non-specific and on a show like this, one almost assumes that more people will die along the way. We have already lost Boone, Shannon, Arzt, Ethan, Goodwin, Nathan, and a few randoms, so it could be a major character like Boone/Shannon or a new/seldom shown character like Arzt.Note that the spoiler was from a month ago, and with so little follow up rumors, I wouldn't put a lot of faith in it. But it would surprise me more if someone doesn't get killed in sweeps in a cast this big.

It just wasn't a meaty story, but it wasn't a bad show.It did confirm that the island does have healing power and even the scene with the healer also had Isaac state that there are places on the world where the energy/magnetic fields could heal people. He just said that he couldn't help her at his location.

I did think it was really interesting that Rose and Bernard were newlyweds and not married for a long, long time. Not that it impacts the show a lot, but it was still interesting. I also liked the part with Locke and Rose because it seems like she is the only one on the island that knows about Locke in the wheelchair and that Locke is looking to start exploring again, which hopefully keeps the discovery going.

My money's on Bernard. His story has come full circle. We know who he is and who he was, and he's accepted his wife's mortality whether he believes she's been fixed or not.I said the same about Jin last year and was proved wrong (which is good cuz I like "Chewie") but I don't see Bernard offering us anything anymore.

It just wasn't a meaty story, but it wasn't a bad show.It did confirm that the island does have healing power and even the scene with the healer also had Isaac state that there are places on the world where the energy/magnetic fields could heal people. He just said that he couldn't help her at his location.

I did think it was really interesting that Rose and Bernard were newlyweds and not married for a long, long time. Not that it impacts the show a lot, but it was still interesting. I also liked the part with Locke and Rose because it seems like she is the only one on the island that knows about Locke in the wheelchair and that Locke is looking to start exploring again, which hopefully keeps the discovery going.
Maybe Dahrma was a supplier of those magnetic healing bracelets and they trashed all the unsold ones on this island, giving it a huge mass of healing power. Behind those walls in the hatch are probably cases of those stupid things.

My predictions for who will die:

Froger. This guy will have some screen time and die before the season ends. Basically Artz- the sequel.

Charlie. He'll die in a way the redeems him for his baby snatching.

Walt. He'll show up long enough to die.

Those are my predictions.

Froger. This guy will have some screen time and die before the season ends. Basically Artz- the sequel.

Who's Froger? :confused:

No way Walt bites it, Michael maybe but not Walt.

Charlie is a good call, but I think he's still got a role to play.

Henry is a goner.

Froger.  This guy will have some screen time and die before the season ends.  Basically Artz- the sequel.

Charlie.  He'll die in a way the redeems him for his baby snatching.

Walt.  He'll show up long enough to die.

Henry is a goner.
I think he meant Frogurt, one of the best nicknames ever."You know.. the guy who used to sell frozen yogurt" :lol:

Froger.  This guy will have some screen time and die before the season ends.  Basically Artz- the sequel.

Charlie.  He'll die in a way the redeems him for his baby snatching.

Walt.  He'll show up long enough to die.

Henry is a goner.
I think he meant Frogurt, one of the best nicknames ever."You know.. the guy who used to sell frozen yogurt" :lol:
Yeah, thats the guy.He's dead meat.

"You've got some Frogurt on you."

Some of my thoughts:

I'd tap that!

And I think that Walt is supposed to play too much of a role in what is to come for him to die. He has these powers or abilities that we really know so little ablout. You have to believe that this really has to be explored and developed more before he is "gone".

I think Walt dies as well. He's too old for the part now, and that can be the big dramatic way they close the season.

Assuming that the trap that caught Kate/Jack was set by Russo (bad spelling) did she set it specifically trying to catch her daughter?? It was triggered by a doll.

Assuming that the trap that caught Kate/Jack was set by Russo (bad spelling) did she set it specifically trying to catch her daughter?? It was triggered by a doll.
She probably did it to attract, and capture, an Other since they would notice it because of their big affection for little kids.

I think Walt dies as well. He's too old for the part now, and that can be the big dramatic way they close the season.
I heard that Walt really sprouted up since we last say him. He looks like a young man and not a kid.I don't know if that would be a reason to write him out. After all this is a weird island.

Remember in island time he's only been gone a month or so.

I heard that Walt really sprouted up since we last say him. He looks like a young man and not a kid.I don't know if that would be a reason to write him out. After all this is a weird island.

Remember in island time he's only been gone a month or so.
I don't think it'll be at all hard to make it believable. After all he'll be gone on the show for a long time and people will get used to what he looks like now. They just have to mention that he grew up a lot while with the Others and that will be it. If you can believe everything else about the show, believing Walt grew a couple inches in a month shouldn't be a big deal. He was never a "little kid" to me even in the beginning and it would make sense that the ordeal he's been through would change him. Don't overthink this.

MR. FRIENDLY: Don't worry about Michael. He's not going to find us.Your recollection is right, Mr. F (MRF? Is this an Arrested Development nod? :D ) said Michael wouldn't and maybe he's right. Not to split hairs (new here?), but Michael claims to know where they are. Maybe he thinks he does, and all this will lead to is another one of the stations (Flame, perhaps).

Here are other transcripts if you want them.
That is my fear. That Michael only found a small group of them and he is going to lead them to disaster.

Users who are viewing this thread