What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (2 Viewers)

So you've seen the creators stated that Dave was imagined and yet you disagree with them now.  Gotcha.

Edit:  Nevermind.  You're debating the rationale for their fabrication.  That's a relatively meaningless splicing of an unobtrusive back hair, is it not?
It is splicing hairs, but possibly not meaningless. I am just glad that someone finally realized that I believe that Dave is 100% imaginary.Anyway, it was just a thought that I had when it seemed like the island Dave was not acting like the institution Dave, i.e. trying to get Hurley to kill himself. I definitely think there is some sort of mind reading/image projection thing going on on the island, and so I lumped this in as a potential occurence as well.
Yes, but Island Dave wasn't acting like any of the other Island Visions, in that he was interacting with Hurley for an extended period of time. Island Vision Walt just showed up for a few seconds and then vanished, and Island Vision Jack's Dad just kept reappearing and vanishing.Because of this, I believe Island Dave is the same as Mental Ward Dave.

:thumbdown: I still don't think that the plane crash took place in 2004. We'll see eventually, I'm sure.
Did you see this post from a while back?
Calendar

This calendar was on the wall of the train station in "What Kate Did".  I won't repeat my analysis, but rather give people a chance to draw their own conclusions from it.  You can figure out which 3 months they are based on the number of days, and you can figure out the possible years its from based on the which dates fall on which days.

Poster

The poster in this picture (Michael flashback when he was injured, and Walt was 2 or 3.  Occupational Therapy Month 2000.  Either it was a mistake, or it was intentional.

I tend to think this is intentional.  The writers/producers have said in interviews that the set people are extra vigilant, and they need to make certain that everything is correct in every scene.  Also, in a different interview, they said that although people assumed the show takes place in present time, that may or may not be true, as the show hasn't revealed any timeline at all.  I have no idea where those interviews are though :shrug:

Anyway, all of this leads me to believe that the show is set in the not too distant future, not present time.

ETA: it appears LOST media is temporarily down. :hot:
Here is some more date-related info. Im not sure if they provide any evidence for either side of this, though.Right before Kate tries to leave the farm in Australia, we see jars labeled 2003. Also, although lost-media doesnt have a screen-cap of it, the shelf below the one in the picture has jars with 2004 on the label [i just watched Tabula Rasa (1x03)]. Kate was on the farm for almost 3 months before she tried to "escape". Although its not explicitly said, we're led to believe that she got on the plane days later.

The letter Sawyer writes to the real Saywer was in a Bicentennial envelope. Assuming he was 7 when he wrote the letter, he would be 35 in 2004 or 38/39 in 2007/2008. The gap in age really isnt large enough to notice though, so this probably doesnt help either side of the argument.

So while those two pieces of info dont tell us very much, I stumbled across this post from another board:

http://lost.cubit.net/pics/lostPills.jpg?P...279e849c469987b

People are always looking for items with dates on them to help determine the timeline of LOST. After enlarging an image of a pill bottle, it appears that Christian's prescription was filled in 9/05/2004 or 9/08/2004, which would mean Flight 815 left sometime after those dates.

Sledgeweb's homepage

Shannon says she is 20 at the island, and we do know that Boone is 2 years older.

(based at the information we got that boones mom and shannons dad married when shannon was 8 and boone was 10) And we could investigate some more..This ID shows that Boone is born 1981.

http://lost.cubit.net/pics/booneLicense.jp...279e849c469987b

So if boone is born october 1981, and is in fact 22 years old, that makes us 2003-2004, depending on when the plane aired.
Edit to give credit where credit is due. The first two pieces of info [the farm and the letter] were not found by me, but were mentioned in the thread refrenced above. [Although I did watch Tabula Rasa and found the lost-media screen-caps.]
The jars marked 2004 just verify that its after 2004. People put stuff in jars so it will keep a very long time. So, the contents were jarred in 2004, but that doesn't mean that occured while Kate was there or immediately before that.As for Sawyer's age, thats not exact enough to draw any conclusions from.

I have perscriptions from 2002 still around, so I won't change my theory on that basis.

I will need to look at this Shannon/Boone deal though. Do we know which episdoes were involved so I can verify the script lines? Because, otherwise, its just something someone on another board posted, and I typically don't put a lot of stock in that either.

ETA- What is the source of Boone's ID? I took a quick look at it, and it doesn't look anything like any other screen captures I've seen of the show. Its a possible fake.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt there is any "magic healing" powers of the island.  More likely its the experimental electro-magnet that has some type of effect on things.
Oh sorry, you are correct, it has been scientifically proven that experimental electro-magnets can cure quadrapelegics and terminal cancers. Too bad no one told Christopher Reeve that. ;)
Sorry, only works for paraplegics and terminal cancer.

So you've seen the creators stated that Dave was imagined and yet you disagree with them now.  Gotcha.

Edit:  Nevermind.  You're debating the rationale for their fabrication.  That's a relatively meaningless splicing of an unobtrusive back hair, is it not?
It is splicing hairs, but possibly not meaningless. I am just glad that someone finally realized that I believe that Dave is 100% imaginary.Anyway, it was just a thought that I had when it seemed like the island Dave was not acting like the institution Dave, i.e. trying to get Hurley to kill himself. I definitely think there is some sort of mind reading/image projection thing going on on the island, and so I lumped this in as a potential occurence as well.
Yes, but Island Dave wasn't acting like any of the other Island Visions, in that he was interacting with Hurley for an extended period of time. Island Vision Walt just showed up for a few seconds and then vanished, and Island Vision Jack's Dad just kept reappearing and vanishing.Because of this, I believe Island Dave is the same as Mental Ward Dave.
I may definitely be wrong, I just find it really weird that Island Dave tried to kill Hurley. Mental Ward Dave just gave him lasagna and told him not to take his meds.Also, Island Dave did appear multiple times just like Jack's Dad. In fact, he disappeared into the jungle only to get Hurley to come towards the cliff, just like Jack's Dad brought him to the Cave/water hole. Hmmm, now that I think about it some more, I think your post makes me more convinced that the island has something to do with Island Dave.

At the institution, Hurley would have already known about the window Dave tried to get him to escape through, but we don't know that Hurley knew about that cliff. If Hurley did not know about the cliff, then Island Dave lead him to the cliff like Jack's Dad led him to the water. This could mean that whatever projected Island Dave, also knew about the cliff and deliberately sent Island Dave that way to try and get Hurley to jump off of it.

Oh well, I really don't care that much about this, but damn two more weeks until we get to the cool season ending shows. That Rose/Bernard show, while OK to watch, sure didn't leave any nuggets to discuss.

I doubt there is any "magic healing" powers of the island.  More likely its the experimental electro-magnet that has some type of effect on things.
Oh sorry, you are correct, it has been scientifically proven that experimental electro-magnets can cure quadrapelegics and terminal cancers. Too bad no one told Christopher Reeve that. ;)
Sorry, only works for paraplegics and terminal cancer.
:confused: Not sure if you are poking fun at me or poking fun at me poking fun at TheLaw or agreeing with me poking fun at TheLaw.

The jars marked 2004 just verify that its after 2004. People put stuff in jars so it will keep a very long time. So, the contents were jarred in 2004, but that doesn't mean that occured while Kate was there or immediately before that.

As for Sawyer's age, thats not exact enough to draw any conclusions from.

I have perscriptions from 2002 still around, so I won't change my theory on that basis.

I will need to look at this Shannon/Boone deal though. Do we know which episdoes were involved so I can verify the script lines? Because, otherwise, its just something someone on another board posted, and I typically don't put a lot of stock in that either.

ETA- What is the source of Boone's ID? I took a quick look at it, and it doesn't look anything like any other screen captures I've seen of the show. Its a possible fake.
Hulk, you are hanging on to this like me with Island Dave. ;) As to the episodes, I do vaguely remember Shannon saying that she was 20 and I think I remember them discussing when they first met, i.e. how old they were when their parents got married. I think both of those occurred right at the beginning right after the crash. I think those were before the first Shannon/Boone flashbacks.

As to the ID picture, try the episode where Boone was tracking Shannon down and found out that she was faking getting abused. I think I remember Boone taking his wallet out either at the police station or maybe when he tried to give her money or a check at her apartment and then got beat down by the boyfriend.

So you've seen the creators stated that Dave was imagined and yet you disagree with them now. Gotcha.

Edit: Nevermind. You're debating the rationale for their fabrication. That's a relatively meaningless splicing of an unobtrusive back hair, is it not?
I may definitely be wrong, I just find it really weird that Island Dave tried to kill Hurley. Mental Ward Dave just gave him lasagna and told him not to take his meds.Also, Island Dave did appear multiple times just like Jack's Dad. In fact, he disappeared into the jungle only to get Hurley to come towards the cliff, just like Jack's Dad brought him to the Cave/water hole. Hmmm, now that I think about it some more, I think your post makes me more convinced that the island has something to do with Island Dave.

At the institution, Hurley would have already known about the window Dave tried to get him to escape through, but we don't know that Hurley knew about that cliff. If Hurley did not know about the cliff, then Island Dave lead him to the cliff like Jack's Dad led him to the water. This could mean that whatever projected Island Dave, also knew about the cliff and deliberately sent Island Dave that way to try and get Hurley to jump off of it.

Oh well, I really don't care that much about this, but damn two more weeks until we get to the cool season ending shows. That Rose/Bernard show, while OK to watch, sure didn't leave any nuggets to discuss.
Island Dave leads Hurley to the cliff then care freely goes over the edge and happpiiilllyyy falls into the Ocean, wanting Hurley to follow his example.Institution Dave leads Hurley to the window jumps out and wants Hurley to follow ( question. What if that window, in reality, is on, say, the 3rd floor?)

Hurley sees Dave on the ground at what looks like, to Hurley, about a6 or7 ft drop.

For some reason Hurley doesn't follow and locks Dave out, possibly out of his life.

W/out Dave Hurley takes his pills, gets better and let out of the institution. Now on the island w/out his pills, Dave returns.

Did i Dave actually try to kill him in the institution?

Island Dave leads Hurley to the cliff then care freely goes over the edge and happpiiilllyyy falls into the Ocean, wanting Hurley to follow his example.Institution Dave leads Hurley to the window jumps out and wants Hurley to follow ( question. What if that window, in reality, is on, say, the 3rd floor?)

Hurley sees Dave on the ground at what looks like, to Hurley, about a6 or7 ft drop.

For some reason Hurley doesn't follow and locks Dave out, possibly out of his life.

W/out Dave Hurley takes his pills, gets better and let out of the institution. Now on the island w/out his pills, Dave returns.

Possible, but I don't think he was that malicious (I don't think the window/ground was imagined) in the institution, more of Hurley's subconcious that wanted him to continue to eat and enjoy things instead of working hard to get better. Institution Dave was more of a bad for long term health whereas Island Dave was more of a instant death. Oh well, I just wanted to reply to your post, but I won't talk about it at all anymore, I think it has been beaten to a bloody pulp by now. ;)

So you've seen the creators stated that Dave was imagined and yet you disagree with them now. Gotcha.

Edit: Nevermind. You're debating the rationale for their fabrication. That's a relatively meaningless splicing of an unobtrusive back hair, is it not?

Possible, but I don't think he was that malicious (I don't think the window/ground was imagined) in the institution, more of Hurley's subconcious that wanted him to continue to eat and enjoy things instead of working hard to get better. Institution Dave was more of a bad for long term health whereas Island Dave was more of a instant death. Oh well, I just wanted to reply to your post, but I won't talk about it at all anymore, I think it has been beaten to a bloody pulp by now. ;)
Me too.

Me too.
I don't mind the repeats/missed weeks since we still get the 24 episodes a year, but it really sucks to have the last episode be the Rose/Bernard one. There was no cliff hanger whatsoever. We saw Michael back, but we all knew that was going to happen and the whole healing thing, while nice to get confirmation, wasn't exactly much of a mystery either. Locke's map was cool as well the week before, but honestly, until he goes exploring, the jibberish on the map is just that. Not like we didn't know about the multiple stations.

The jars marked 2004 just verify that its after 2004. People put stuff in jars so it will keep a very long time. So, the contents were jarred in 2004, but that doesn't mean that occured while Kate was there or immediately before that.

Agreed on the jars, letter, and perscription.1x10: Raised by Another

You want my information. Name: Shannon Rutherford, Age: 20, Address: Craphole Island.
1x13: Hearts and Minds
She was married. She's not married anymore, and that has nothing to do with this. [Malcolm looks up at that statement, Boone looks flustered.] Rutherford is her father's name. Our parents got married when I was 10, she was 8.
Im currently trying to get more info on the license, but if you take some time to look around lost.cubit.net, I think you'd agree that the chance of the license screen cap being a fake is very slim.

The jars marked 2004 just verify that its after 2004.  People put stuff in jars so it will keep a very long time.  So, the contents were jarred in 2004, but that doesn't mean that occured while Kate was there or immediately before that.

I will need to look at this Shannon/Boone deal though.  Do we know which episdoes were involved so I can verify the script lines?  Because, otherwise, its just something someone on another board posted, and I typically don't put a lot of stock in that either.

ETA- What is the source of Boone's ID?  I took a quick look at it, and it doesn't look anything like any other screen captures I've seen of the show.  Its a possible fake.

You want my information. Name: Shannon Rutherford, Age: 20, Address: Craphole Island.
She was married. She's not married anymore, and that has nothing to do with this. [Malcolm looks up at that statement, Boone looks flustered.] Rutherford is her father's name. Our parents got married when I was 10, she was 8.
Im currently trying to get more info on the license, but if you take some time to look around lost.cubit.net, I think you'd agree that the chance of the license screen cap being a fake is very slim.
:lmao: Man, I love Sawyer and Hurley. I re-read that 1x10 episode transcript and found this one:

SAWYER: Screw off?

HURLEY: Or, you could just give it to me - - because, dude, you could use the points.

SAWYER: Well, gosh, you sure know how to butter a man up, StayPuff.
I would love to see a list of all of the names Sawyer has called Hurley and see if Hurley repeated every one when he beat Sawyer down. I was rolling when Hurley was punching him and I heard him say Jabba.By the way, nice compilation Doctor.

The jars marked 2004 just verify that its after 2004.  People put stuff in jars so it will keep a very long time.  So, the contents were jarred in 2004, but that doesn't mean that occured while Kate was there or immediately before that.

I will need to look at this Shannon/Boone deal though.  Do we know which episdoes were involved so I can verify the script lines?  Because, otherwise, its just something someone on another board posted, and I typically don't put a lot of stock in that either.

ETA- What is the source of Boone's ID?  I took a quick look at it, and it doesn't look anything like any other screen captures I've seen of the show.  Its a possible fake.

Very good research. You're destroying my theory. If you can remember what episode it was with the wallet deal, I can look at the screen caps from that episode.ETA: However, even if we can confirm the license, that will make for 1 piece of physical evidence in support of a present timeline... while we have two physical pieces of evidence of a near-future timeline. :shrug:

The one that I can't put my finger on is the Jin pregnancy. I don't think it was Jin being infertile but rather Sun firing blanks. That's what I took the doctor's point being somehow. Maybe he managed to fire a live round after all?
:confused: Jin is a boy and Sun is a girl.

I think it was pretty clear that Jin was the one firing blanks while Sun's reproductive system was fine. Hence, my thought that she could've slept with another on the island and that got her pregnant.
What about Charlie? Was she unconscious when he abducted her? I can't remember.
If she did sleep with someone else on the island (IMO I don't think she did) it would have been Michael.
Who knows what was causing his infertility. Maybe his tighty-whiteys were too tight and now that he's only got 1 pair, the elastic is wearing out and his swimmers are improving.It's certainly possible that the guy could've shot 1 mark spitz amongst all the doggie-paddlers. Haven't you guys ever heard stories of couples being told they'll never have children and then they do? Doesn't seem that crazy.
Sometimes it is the stress of trying to have babies that causes couples to not have babies but I think that is more the woman's fault than the man's.

No new episode this week? Either that or my Tivo missed it.
Lost wasn't on at all as Alias was on for two hours...Next weeks episode is a recap episode and then there are new episodes starting May 3rd until the two hour finale May 24th...

Whoever starts the offical season 3 thread, needs to make sure they put islostarepeat.com in the first post.
They need to put in all the interesting links.....Oceanic air, Hanso, etc.
That is a good idea... But man, I would hate to go through all 126 pages to find the useful links...

[QUOTE=']
Buckychudd said:
(HULK) said:
Whoever starts the offical season 3 thread, needs to make sure they put islostarepeat.com in the first post.
That is a good idea... But man, I would hate to go through all 126 pages to find the useful links...
[/QUOTE]Yeah, I'm thinking Hulk needs to start the season 3 thread. ;)

[QUOTE=']
[/QUOTE]I could probably do it in 10 minutes... I have 1/2 of them bookmarked already.

[QUOTE=']
[/QUOTE]Great idea. How bout whoever starts season 3- post 1- edits it to add every interesting link for all of season 3.

Everyone knows about Cynthia Watros, right?
What about her?That she's a character on the show? I'd say thats a safe assumption.
SPOILER .

She just joined an ABC pilot. That could be an indication Libby's not long for "Lost."

[QUOTE=']
Great idea. How bout whoever starts season 3- post 1- edits it to add every interesting link for all of season 3.
[/QUOTE]When do we start this thread? At the end of season 2 once the finale discussion has died down? Immediately after the finale? The day of the season 3 opener?Apparently, there will be a LOST web mystery set up for us to occupy our time this summer, maybe that should have its own thread.

When do we start this thread? At the end of season 2 once the finale discussion has died down? Immediately after the finale? The day of the season 3 opener?

Apparently, there will be a LOST web mystery set up for us to occupy our time this summer, maybe that should have its own thread.
I started this one July 28th... I don't know if there is any timeframe or not... I just posted it when I found out when season 2 was going to start...

(HULK) said:
Blackhawk 69 said:
[QUOTE=']
Buckychudd said:
(HULK) said:
Great idea. How bout whoever starts season 3- post 1- edits it to add every interesting link for all of season 3.
When do we start this thread? At the end of season 2 once the finale discussion has died down? Immediately after the finale? The day of the season 3 opener?Apparently, there will be a LOST web mystery set up for us to occupy our time this summer, maybe that should have its own thread.

[/QUOTE]I'd say as soon as season 2 ends.If you have half of the interesting links bookmarked, that would be a nice start.

spoiler about the season finale

season finale will be a desmond flashback episode
We need a creamed pants smilie.
If you guys want to know more, go to spoilerfix.com. They have some very tame spoilers, but there is one that is whited out that you have to select like we do here and then a link to someone who seems to have what we are filming today sheet. It lists out names of individual scenes. I peaked, but to be honest I peaked so quickly that I don't remember much except that there was a bunch based on the spoiler above. Again, it is not for the faint of heart as if I really read it all, it (the link off of spoilerfix.com, not spoilerfix.com's site itself) probably would have ruined it for me at least.

Everyone knows about Cynthia Watros, right?
What about her?That she's a character on the show? I'd say thats a safe assumption.
SPOILER
Nope, didn't know that. :cry:
Don't cry, I don't think it means that much. Remember all the discussion about Rose being off the show because she was doing theater in the UK?First off, it's a pilot and as most people know a ton of new shows die quickly. Second of all, she could easily do one show and still do appearances on Lost. She isn't one of the key main people, so she could easily appear here and there. Think about Claire, who is more of a main character than Libby, and how few times we see her other than the Claire-centric episodes.

A link to the call sheet for the season finale.

Big, Big, BIG spoilers on it, but only in low levels of detail. This is what the spoiler bugs was talking about is generated from:

Finale Spoiler

I found a very interesting post on another board, so I figured I'd repost it here. Its about the diary maintained at the ABC site.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/diary/095900.html

First entry by new person. Talks about previous owner of the journal but does not know who it is. Talks about the group and the murder and torture that is occurring. No names mentioned.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/diary/097316.html

Talks about the Hatch discovery. Mentions Jack returning and speculates on the contents of the hatch. The second paragraph mentions Hurley and his distribution of food. The third paragraph mentions Sun and how she lost her wedding Ring.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/diary/099558.html

Talks about how people revert to a comfort level. Talks about people doing Laundry. (Laundry is underlined in capital letters.) Second paragraph has the line "I was on the beach tending to the shelters with the rest of the Others (Hah!)..." [strange comment]

Then the writer talks about the tailies (Libby, Ana and Eko) returning to the main camp, and mentions Jin, Michael and Sawyer returning as well.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/diary/101749.html

Talks about visiting the Hatch in the afternoon. Mentions Locke. Second paragraph talks about Claire and how she has possession of a statue. The third paragraph talks about Tension amidst the major players.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/diary/102444.html

This entry is odd. I cannot tell if it's a new one or a continuation of the last entry. Entry ends with an ominous "Eliminate those that wish to do us harm. All of Them."

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/diary/105434.html

This entry talks about the writers brother is being held in the hatch as a suspected "Other". The writer talks about confronting Locke and demanding to see my brother. Then the writer talks about Jack and Sayid denying their brother is in the Hatch.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/diary/105866.html

Writes about meeting Charlie and Eko building a church. Mentions how Charlie is the only person they can trust. The tone of the third paragraph is very paranoid and the writer is starting to think people think they are crazy. Is the sickness setting in?

I found a very interesting post on another board, so I figured I'd repost it here.  Its about the diary maintained at the ABC site.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/diary/095900.html

First entry by new person. Talks about previous owner of the journal but does not know who it is. Talks about the group and the murder and torture that is occurring. No names mentioned.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/diary/097316.html

Talks about the Hatch discovery. Mentions Jack returning and speculates on the contents of the hatch. The second paragraph mentions Hurley and his distribution of food. The third paragraph mentions Sun and how she lost her wedding Ring.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/diary/099558.html

Talks about how people revert to a comfort level. Talks about people doing Laundry. (Laundry is underlined in capital letters.) Second paragraph has the line "I was on the beach tending to the shelters with the rest of the Others (Hah!)..." [strange comment]

Then the writer talks about the tailies (Libby, Ana and Eko) returning to the main camp, and mentions Jin, Michael and Sawyer returning as well.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/diary/101749.html

Talks about visiting the Hatch in the afternoon. Mentions Locke. Second paragraph talks about Claire and how she has possession of a statue. The third paragraph talks about Tension amidst the major players.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/diary/102444.html

This entry is odd. I cannot tell if it's a new one or a continuation of the last entry. Entry ends with an ominous "Eliminate those that wish to do us harm. All of Them."

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/diary/105434.html

This entry talks about the writers brother is being held in the hatch as a suspected "Other". The writer talks about confronting Locke and demanding to see my brother. Then the writer talks about Jack and Sayid denying their brother is in the Hatch.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/diary/105866.html

Writes about meeting Charlie and Eko building a church. Mentions how Charlie is the only person they can trust. The tone of the third paragraph is very paranoid and the writer is starting to think people think they are crazy. Is the sickness setting in?
Good find. I knew the handwriting changed and didn't know the explanation. Odd that the "character" just up and disappeared and abandoned their journal. There was no mention of anyone missing from camp, so I doubt this will ever be answered on the show, and that this is just an Easter Egg so to speak for the internet crowd

Very good research. You're destroying my theory. If you can remember what episode it was with the wallet deal, I can look at the screen caps from that episode.ETA: However, even if we can confirm the license, that will make for 1 piece of physical evidence in support of a present timeline... while we have two physical pieces of evidence of a near-future timeline. :shrug:
Boone's license is from 1x21 "The Greater Good". If you have the Season 1 DVDs, its about 29 and a half minutes in; the "xx/10/81" is clealy visible. Lost-media doesnt seem to have any screen caps of the license, but here are two that show the pic from lost.cubit.net isnt a fake [and you can see the '81 in the second pic]:One

Two

I know you've discussed them before, but since we have some time to kill before the next set of new episodes, what are the two pieces of physical evidence you believe point to a near-future timeline?

Two things I read this week (that may have been mentioned already):

The final episode this season will be dedicated to a flashback by Desmond.

Hurley's 'girlfriend' Libby is going to be on a new series next year, so she's as good as a goner from the Island.

Users who are viewing this thread