What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (2 Viewers)

I think Jack's Dad is the ring leader of the others :tinfoilhat:

When AL was making a phone call at the airport I thought she might have been calling Jack's Dad, not using that as evidence of course, but it would make a nice twist.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, i think Locke's dad is somehow involved with the Others
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have we been shown how Jack's dad died, or how we supposed to die? Also, did Jack see the body?I could certainly see it heading this way, as we already know he's talked AL into going to Sydney and got Jack to follow him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, two :lmao: moments last night...

Sawyer to Ana-Lucia, "I guess cuddling is out of the question!"

and Jin's thumb's up to Hurley

We need more backstory on Michael. His character behaves so radically different from episode-to-episode. Not sure there is any way that this could be explained by providing additional history, but it sure makes it seem as if they're making this up as they go along.

Unless they provide a good resolution to what happened in the last few minutes (btw, are they basically trying to screw with tivo owners?) or some insight into Michael's (apparent) inconsistency as a character, this show is in trouble.

Also, for everybody saying that Michael freed Henry, we still don't know if that happened. For all we know he could have put a bullet in his head.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it's a pretty reasonable inference. Why would Michael shoot himself in the arm and then kill Henry?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
See cabeel's post above as well.I think Michael didn't know about Henry, whether or not the Others control him, until Anna told him. I guess I could be wrong about that, but I don't think there was ample time from between him falling down in front of Jack and Jack yelling to get a whole plan together.

Anna said she wanted to kill him and couldn't and I think Michael jumped on that opportunity. I still can't get passed his "I'm sorry" and the fact that he look horrified that he had just killed Libby as well. I think the shot in the arm was to frame Henry, regardless if he was trying to free him or not.

Anyway, if his sole intention was to get Henry out, then once he has the gun, he just locks Anna up and leaves with Henry.

Anyway, mine is just an opinion as well, so I am definitely not saying that Michael didn't free Henry, just that we do not know what happened to Henry. Unfortunately, Michael wants his son back so bad and has been trying to find him for days or weeks, that we don't know yet if he is under the Other's control or just enough screwed up that he was able to think that killing Anna would help him get Walt.

Anybody notice Sawyer in the flashback scene when Jack's Dad was getting out of the car?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You mean the scene where he was hit by the car door and then yelled at the guy?Nah, didn't catch it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:lmao:
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was thinking that last year that scene would have been a big deal. Now with all the twists we take something like sawyer being hit by the car door as no big deal.This show is awesome. :thumbup:

Also, for everybody saying that Michael freed Henry, we still don't know if that happened. For all we know he could have put a bullet in his head.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it's a pretty reasonable inference. Why would Michael shoot himself in the arm and then kill Henry?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
See cabeel's post above as well.I think Michael didn't know about Henry, whether or not the Others control him, until Anna told him. I guess I could be wrong about that, but I don't think there was ample time from between him falling down in front of Jack and Jack yelling to get a whole plan together.

Anna said she wanted to kill him and couldn't and I think Michael jumped on that opportunity. I still can't get passed his "I'm sorry" and the fact that he look horrified that he had just killed Libby as well. I think the shot in the arm was to frame Henry, regardless if he was trying to free him or not.

Anyway, if his sole intention was to get Henry out, then once he has the gun, he just locks Anna up and leaves with Henry.

Anyway, mine is just an opinion as well, so I am definitely not saying that Michael didn't free Henry, just that we do not know what happened to Henry. Unfortunately, Michael wants his son back so bad and has been trying to find him for days or weeks, that we don't know yet if he is under the Other's control or just enough screwed up that he was able to think that killing Anna would help him get Walt.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This makes sense only in the event Jack/Locke/Kate return empty handed after trying to get the guns from Sawyer. Michael new they were making the attempt at that time. If they get the guns, he has a small army to attack with. So if he's acting in the interest of getting Walt back, he's extremely special since the easiest course of action is to have a well armed group at your side.I don't like the way this is going.

But why starts the whole Hurley Libby thing and then kill Libby off. Is she even dead? cuz we still have to find out wut she really wants with hurley.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that Libby may not be dead. The preview showed Ana's dead body but no Libby. I just can't imagine they are done with the whole Libby and Hurley scenario.

But why starts the whole Hurley Libby thing and then kill Libby off. Is she even dead? cuz we still have to find out wut she really wants with hurley.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When they said "she's dead" they only showed Ana-Lucia. Kate didn't say "they're dead" so perhaps Libby didn't buy the farm.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Didnt it also seem like Michael was in the armory with the sling on his arm? Meaning Libby didnt die and told Locke/Jack/Kate who shot her (?) ...
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:goodposting: I agree that Libby tells and that is why Michael is pent up.

Does anyone ascribe any importance to the fact AL told her mother she was on flight 815? She is a police captain, after all. Maybe she enters into the story actively at some point?

The problem is that Michael is all about Walt, so I think they are all giving him the benefit of the doubt, right now at least.

I think there is a lot of lying going on now. I am starting to think that Michael is not being controlled by the Others and he just saw an opportunity to grab Henry and use him as bait. I almost think that after he accidentally killed Libby that he switched his plan to implicate Henry in the deaths.
I believe this is the correct answer. I'll add my :2cents: I don't think it was until that moment that he decided to kill her.

Michael asked for the gun AFTER Ana told him about Henry. Now, you'll say DUH but I'm focusing more on the way he asked for it. He seemed hesitant. Like he wasn't sure whether or not to ask or how to get it from her. You could almost see his mind working. "They have an other locked up? I need him. Get the gun. Then what? Ana won't let me take him as bait. But I have to have him. I could shoot her. But I'd have to kill her. I really don't like her anyhow. Then what? How will I explain that? I'll shoot myself and blame the other. It's my only shot (no pun intended) at getting Walt back."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:goodposting: Three other thoughts.

1. Great episode.

2. I can't believe Libby could be dead without some resolution for Hurley, her, the asylum. That was set up too well just to have it end so quickly.

3. If they kill off Eko, I'm going to be seriously disappointed.

:yawn: :sleep: :thumbdown:

Worst episode so far. Weeks of re-runs then we finally get a new episode and all it does is open up more questions that will never be answered. I'm done with this show.

[SIZE=7pt]Sorry, this wasn't looking like the Lost thread these last 4 pages, so I had to do it.[/SIZE]

:yawn:   :sleep:   :thumbdown:

Worst episode so far. Weeks of re-runs then we finally get a new episode and all it does is open up more questions that will never be answered. I'm done with this show.

[SIZE=7pt]Sorry, this wasn't looking like the Lost thread these last 4 pages, so I had to do it.[/SIZE]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: You had me at "Worst episode so far."

JJ was on a killing spree last night. Between Lost and Alias they killed off 4 regular characters.

Of course, as always with him, they all could be back by the season finale ;)

The problem is that Michael is all about Walt, so I think they are all giving him the benefit of the doubt, right now at least.

I think there is a lot of lying going on now. I am starting to think that Michael is not being controlled by the Others and he just saw an opportunity to grab Henry and use him as bait. I almost think that after he accidentally killed Libby that he switched his plan to implicate Henry in the deaths.
I believe this is the correct answer. I'll add my :2cents: I don't think it was until that moment that he decided to kill her.

Michael asked for the gun AFTER Ana told him about Henry. Now, you'll say DUH but I'm focusing more on the way he asked for it. He seemed hesitant. Like he wasn't sure whether or not to ask or how to get it from her. You could almost see his mind working. "They have an other locked up? I need him. Get the gun. Then what? Ana won't let me take him as bait. But I have to have him. I could shoot her. But I'd have to kill her. I really don't like her anyhow. Then what? How will I explain that? I'll shoot myself and blame the other. It's my only shot (no pun intended) at getting Walt back."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:goodposting: Three other thoughts.

1. Great episode.

2. I can't believe Libby could be dead without some resolution for Hurley, her, the asylum. That was set up too well just to have it end so quickly.

3. If they kill off Eko, I'm going to be seriously disappointed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you don't mind light spoilers, spoilerfix.com has some info on both 2 and 3. Not sure if it means anything one way or another, but both are mentioned a couple times. Oh, just as a warning (since I didn't read it) there is a whited out section, which says something on a site for spoilers, that you should avoid. I haven't read it, but from what they posted, it seems like a scene by scene list for a day of shooting. I don't know how much details it goes into, but probably too much for the faint of heart.

Looking at next week's preview for a 2nd time, I noticed some things:

1) Locke & Eko are exploring inside what appears to be a dark room similar to the hatch. Both have flashlights, & the room lights flicker on & off. Could they have found another hatch? BTW, the title for next week's episode on DirecTV is simply "?" Could be a reference to the "?" from Locke's blacklight map.

2) Hurley is shown in a closeup raising his bowed head. He looks like he's got his hands clasped around something (possibly Libby's hands?) Maybe he's keeping a bedside vigil next to her, whether she's still alive or not.

Hate that we've only got 3 more episodes until season 3, but it's getting good again.

Any chance we'll see Smokey the tree crusher again soon? :popcorn:

Does anyone ascribe any importance to the fact AL told her mother she was on flight 815?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't understand what you're getting at here.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They bothered to show a (formerly) main character explicitly tell someone that is not on the island which flight they were on. Moreover, that person is in a position to do something more than the average citizen (I assume).I don't know. :shrug: Seemed like more than a throwaway scene.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This makes sense only in the event Jack/Locke/Kate return empty handed after trying to get the guns from Sawyer. Michael new they were making the attempt at that time. If they get the guns, he has a small army to attack with. So if he's acting in the interest of getting Walt back, he's extremely special since the easiest course of action is to have a well armed group at your side.I don't like the way this is going.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with you. I still don't understand why Michael would do that unless he was forced to kill AL and do something with Henry, or maybe just kill AL. If he isn't under the influence of the Others, then his best hope is to get an army to help him.The main question is what is the influence on him, the Others, the sickness, or Leonardo DiCaprio and The Beach syndrome?

Does anyone ascribe any importance to the fact AL told her mother she was on flight 815?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They bothered to show a (formerly) main character explicitly tell someone that is not on the island which flight they were on. Moreover, that person is in a position to do something more than the average citizen (I assume).I don't know. :shrug: Seemed like more than a throwaway scene.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd think that the passenger list of Flight 815 would be common knowledge in the rest of the world after the plane disappeared.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd think that the passenger list of Flight 815 would be common knowledge in the rest of the world after the plane disappeared.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Her mother had no idea she was in Australia let alone that particular flight. This information was shown as conveyed prior to killing off AL. Whether or not that turns out to be meaningful is the question. Maybe they just need to add on an extra 2 minutes to the episode to push the big twist past the tivo cut-off mark. I don't know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it was a throwaway. Similar to mainly the Season 1 episodes where they showed every character and how they actually got on the flight. Since it was an AL flashback, they included that.Now, onto an interesting point that you made me think about. Who are the other people that we have not seen get onto flight 815? Is it just Eko and Libby?

For Libby, I remember reading that there was supposed to be a Libby flashback in Season 2, but that it might have been delayed, so I think she isn't dead. There just seems to be too much still left open to kill her off, unless she confesses to Hurley on her death bed. That whole flashback episode could have also been a ruse, but she is the only character we know nothing about except her appearance in the institution.

Whether or not that turns out to be meaningful is the question.  Maybe they just need to add on an extra 2 minutes to the episode to push the big twist past the tivo cut-off mark.  I don't know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought the point of the scene was that Ana Lucia mended her relationship with her mom. Parent-child relationships seem to be a major theme of the show (see Jack, Sawyer, Locke, Kate).And my Tivo is smart enough to know how long the show is. Not sure why everyone keeps saying that the show gets cut off.

You too, Brutus?

(Sawyer to Locke when he saw that he came with Jack and Kate to try to talk him out of the guns)

Whether or not that turns out to be meaningful is the question.  Maybe they just need to add on an extra 2 minutes to the episode to push the big twist past the tivo cut-off mark.  I don't know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought the point of the scene was that Ana Lucia mended her relationship with her mom. Parent-child relationships seem to be a major theme of the show (see Jack, Sawyer, Locke, Kate).And my Tivo is smart enough to know how long the show is. Not sure why everyone keeps saying that the show gets cut off.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't have Tivo so I don't know. Seems people either keep posting reminders that the show will run long, or are complaining that they missed the ending because it cut off.It could be parent-child, but that was established prior to her leaving for Australia. It may end up being nothing at all. Certainly wouldn't surprise me.

Does anyone ascribe any importance to the fact AL told her mother she was on flight 815?  She is a police captain, after all.  Maybe she enters into the story actively at some point?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was thinking it is going to be a tie-in for the online game.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How so?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sort of loose association...I assumed the writers wouldn't show us her response to Ana Lucia if it wasn't meaningful. I don't see a short-term meaning or context for TV possibilities -- we can safely assume she knows the plane crashed, but I doubt the show would devote air-time to the off island relatives before season three starts.

Only made sense that some peripheral characters are going to be incorporated into the game and her being a cop led me to think that maybe she is going to hunt for answers to the plane crash. Maybe she starts a blog. Yeah, I know, its a stretch.

Does anyone ascribe any importance to the fact AL told her mother she was on flight 815?  She is a police captain, after all.  Maybe she enters into the story actively at some point?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was thinking it is going to be a tie-in for the online game.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How so?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sort of loose association...I assumed the writers wouldn't show us her response to Ana Lucia if it wasn't meaningful. I don't see a short-term meaning or context for TV possibilities -- we can safely assume she knows the plane crashed, but I doubt the show would devote air-time to the off island relatives before season three starts.

Only made sense that some peripheral characters are going to be incorporated into the game and her being a cop led me to think that maybe she is going to hunt for answers to the plane crash. Maybe she starts a blog. Yeah, I know, its a stretch.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That doesn't begin to qualify as a stretch in the context of this thread. Actually, it makes some sense. :thumbup:

If Libby dies, the storyline between her & Hurley will never get resolved, just as it was getting interesting.  :thumbdown:

Michael was clearly lying to Kate & Jack when he said they were dressed shabbily and lived in tents. You could tell on Kate's face that she didn't trust him because she saw in the medical hatch that those were just costumes, and by Claire's experience with Ethan we know that they don't normally dress that way.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly, that's why I think the camp is not The Others, but maybe another group of survivors. Maybe the Others want to get into the hatch they are guarding and are using the Losties to wage a war against them by having Michael set it up.

You too, Brutus?

(Sawyer to Locke when he saw that he came with Jack and Kate to try to talk him out of the guns)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why is that funny given what Sawyer pulled on Locke previously? Seriously, not every line Sawyer utters is a gem.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was more the look on his face and his tone. Next time Ill PM you and ask if Im allowed to think something is funny before I post it. :rolleyes:
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I'll reply asking if I can think its not funny, before I post here. :rolleyes: Jesus Christ, you're one sensitive guy. Sorry I stepped on your Sawyer appreciation post. Perhaps it would have been better received over here.

For the record, Sawyer's line made no sense.

Et tu, Brute? - A Latin sentence meaning “Even you, Brutus?” from the play Julius Caesar, by William Shakespeare. Caesar utters these words as he is being stabbed to death, having recognized his friend Brutus among the assassins.

Why would Sawyer think Locke was his friend?

Face and tone? Sawyer uses the same face and tone 95% of the time. I don't know, maybe I just didn't like the episode but I didn't find this particularly fresh or funny.

The line might have worked had it been directed at Kate, but there you go ...

You too, Brutus?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why is that funny given what Sawyer pulled on Locke previously? Seriously, not every line Sawyer utters is a gem.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was more the look on his face and his tone. Next time Ill PM you and ask if Im allowed to think something is funny before I post it. :rolleyes:
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I'll reply asking if I can think its not funny, before I post here. :rolleyes: Jesus Christ, you're one sensitive guy. Sorry I stepped on your Sawyer appreciation post. Perhaps it would have been better received over here.

Et tu, Brute? - A Latin sentence meaning “Even you, Brutus?” from the play Julius Caesar, by William Shakespeare. Caesar utters these words as he is being stabbed to death, having recognized his friend Brutus among the assassins.

Face and tone? Sawyer uses the same face and tone 95% of the time. I don't know, maybe I just didn't like the episode but I didn't find this particularly fresh or funny.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Geez, you guys are analyzing a one-liner? I thought it was a funny line also. Whatever... to each his own, I guess. :shrug:

If Libby survives it's simply ridiculous -- if Michael is hell-bent on doing whatever it takes to get Walt back, why, after accidently shooting Libby, would he not finish her off to prevent her from being a witness to the act and tell the rest of the survivors? She better die, or I'm going to be pissed based on principle.

Somebody refresh my memory...

Around the time before & after Shannon was killed, weren't we discussing some brother/sister angle on the show, and that was shot down because they were both dead?

In light of Jack having a sister (or half sister), anyone remember what the hell we were talking about?

It is bothering me so much, I might have to go back and read through this whole thread...but I am hoping I won't have to...

You too, Brutus?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This was funny and extremely unnecessary at the same time......

So we're thinking...

The little girl AL saved after the crash that was captured by the Others is Jack's fathers daughter?

And Claire had nothing to do with the flashback last night?

Jin's :thumbup: to Jabba was pretty epic. :lmao:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont get the Tivo comments either, the show is scheduled to run long so Tivo has it long in the schedule. It records the actual show, not the hour it is on. You would also think anyone who got burned on it ever would just set their season pass to run 3 minutes long or whatever. Tivo always has the show for how long it actually is.

So we're thinking...

The little girl AL saved after the crash that was captured by the Others is Jack's fathers daughter?

Jin's :thumbup: to Jabba was pretty epic.  :lmao:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still think that Claire is his sister but the little girl would be my 2nd guess. The reason I don't think it's her is because she had a brother with her on the plane. Not that that matters much anyway.

Umm

So I'm signing up for the newsletter and I entered my screenname.  The screen just went a little crazy (Silent Hill-ish) and, in scribble, somebody wrote on the screen if "I could read this"

So naturally I typed in Yes then hit Enter. 

Now it scribbled "It's Me Persephone, What's the Password?"

Thoughts?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Breakingstrain.Please join the thread in my sig.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that Libby may not be dead. The preview showed Ana's dead body but no Libby. I just can't imagine they are done with the whole Libby and Hurley scenario.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree. There is potential for her to be still alive. It looked like she got winged twice, whereas Ana L got shot through the heart.

So we're thinking...

Jin's :thumbup: to Jabba was pretty epic.   :lmao:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still think that Claire is his sister but the little girl would be my 2nd guess. The reason I don't think it's her is because she had a brother with her on the plane. Not that that matters much anyway.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So you think the woman that answered the door was Claire (Jack's fathers daughter)?

Users who are viewing this thread