What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (4 Viewers)

Geez, you guys are analyzing a one-liner?  I thought it was a funny line also.  Whatever... to each his own, I guess.  :shrug:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im not analyzing, just posting a funny line :shrug:
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh sorry, I didn't mean to direct that at you. Like I said, I thought it was funny as well. It just seemed unnecessary for someone to berate you for saying so, but it should be expected from some on this board. :P

So we're thinking...

The little girl AL saved after the crash that was captured by the Others is Jack's fathers daughter?

And Claire had nothing to do with the flashback last night?

Jin's :thumbup: to Jabba was pretty epic.   :lmao:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still think that Claire is his sister but the little girl would be my 2nd guess. The reason I don't think it's her is because she had a brother with her on the plane. Not that that matters much anyway.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So you think the woman that answered the door was Claire (Jack's fathers daughter)?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, I think the thought is that the woman that opened the door slept with Jack's dad and the daughter is Claire or possibly the little girl that Anna saved.

Geez, you guys are analyzing a one-liner?  I thought it was a funny line also.  Whatever... to each his own, I guess.  :shrug:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im not analyzing, just posting a funny line :shrug:
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh sorry, I didn't mean to direct that at you. Like I said, I thought it was funny as well. It just seemed unnecessary for someone to berate you for saying so, but it should be expected from some on this board. :P
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This thread is definately goes overboard sometimes when it comes to analyzing.

1. I think Michael has turned coat for the sake of his son. Whether he is brainwashed, turned, or just going through the motions for the safety of Walt, he had to get Henry Gale back. AL got in the way, so he improvised.

2. Somebody mentioned that Jack's father was directly responsible for 3 maybe 4 people being in Australia. Other than AL, and perhaps you could argue Jack (to bring back his body) who else is there? Don't say himself. That's a stupid answer.

3. Is it just me or does every thing Kate does, says or reacts to make it seem like she is in fact in cahoots with the others? Is it intentional or are they playing it to toy with the website people who have been theorizing on her. I feel like every time they show her now she gives a response not consistent to what you would expect.

4. Perhaps Michael did look shocked when he shot Libby. Perhaps Libby lives. Perhaps she doesn't rat him out. Why? Because perhaps she is an other. Perhaps she is Gale's sister writing the journal.

5. I know people bring up Sawyer and Jack's dad as potential "Hims". What if the great "Him" is in fact Michael? It would certainly explain a.) why "He would never give Walt back.", b.) why he would avenge Goodman by shooting AL, c.) why he came back for Gale, and d.) Why the Dharma shark didn't get into it more with Michael and Sawyer when it could have, and e.) wasn't Michaels flashback showing Dharma related companies around him? I think he worked for the construction company.

6. What about Kate's dad's boss in the Military? The guy who gave Sayid the money and had a little chat with him before leaving him in the desert? He was a reasonably prominent actor who played an awfully Authorotative role....alot of the parameters to Dharma appear military like (food drops, bunkers, medical drugs, various testing). I could see him being a guy who commands a lot of respect from his minions. Could he be "Him".?

Well, that's all the crap I want to throw on the wall for now. Just trying to stir up some fresh thoughts. 3 pages of whether or not Michael wanted to shoot AL can get cumbersome. ;)

So we're thinking...

The little girl AL saved after the crash that was captured by the Others is Jack's fathers daughter?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still think that Claire is his sister but the little girl would be my 2nd guess. The reason I don't think it's her is because she had a brother with her on the plane. Not that that matters much anyway.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So you think the woman that answered the door was Claire (Jack's fathers daughter)?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, I think the thought is that the woman that opened the door slept with Jack's dad and the daughter is Claire or possibly the little girl that Anna saved.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They never said that the woman at the door was the mother of Jack's sister. If she is then Claire is probably too old to be the offspring and the girl in the tail section isn't either since she was on her way to LA to see her mother.My thinking is she could be Claire's sister or an aunt to the girl on the beach. If she is related to the girl from the tail section it would make sense that she put the kid on the plane to get her away from Jack's dad.

So we're thinking...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They never said that the woman at the door was the mother of Jack's sister. If she is then Claire is probably too old to be the offspring and the girl in the tail section isn't either since she was on her way to LA to see her mother.My thinking is she could be Claire's sister or an aunt to the girl on the beach. If she is related to the girl from the tail section it would make sense that she put the kid on the plane to get her away from Jack's dad.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree, they never said exactly who she was. I was just trying to answer Bobcat's bolded question, which I think no one here was thinking at all. The woman at the door was definitely not Claire.You have a good point about the lady being related to the girl on the beach and thus putting her on a plane to go back to her mother. The only semi-question is why did the brother tag along? It seemed pretty obvious that Jack's Dad only had a daughter.

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think Claire is Jack's sister. If Jack's Dad tracked down that lady, why wouldn't he have just tracked down Claire. Claire is old enough and was on her own so he wouldn't barge into a house just to see his daughter, would he? The way he went in seemed like he was looking for a child not someone in their 20s already living on their own.

5.  I know people bring up Sawyer and Jack's dad as potential "Hims".  What if the great "Him" is in fact Michael?  It would certainly explain a.) why "He would never give Walt back.", b.) why he would avenge Goodman by shooting AL, c.) why he came back for Gale, and d.) Why the Dharma shark didn't get into it more with Michael and Sawyer when it could have, and e.) wasn't Michaels flashback showing Dharma related companies around him?  I think he worked for the construction company.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That has to be the craziest theory I've seen yet. Kudos. :thumbup: a.) huh? He let him be kidnapped so he could have him and not give him back???

b.) who said killing AL was revenge?

c.) who said he came back for Gale? did he even know about Gale?

d.) he must be powerful if he can control sharks telepathically

e.) we've seen dharma/widmore elsewhere as well (e.g., outside Charlie's nappies commercial shoot)

I'm sticking with the Michael is a moron theory. It's all that fits right now.

2.  Somebody mentioned that Jack's father was directly responsible for 3 maybe 4 people being in Australia.  Other than AL, and perhaps you could argue Jack (to bring back his body) who else is there?  Don't say himself.  That's a stupid answer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sawyer. Jack's dad met Sawyer in the bar, and IIRC, prompts him to handle his business in Australia when Sawyer was waffling on this beforehand. This caused Sawyer to get caught and subsequently placed on flight 815 home.
4.  Perhaps Michael did look shocked when he shot Libby.  Perhaps Libby lives.  Perhaps she doesn't rat him out.  Why? Because perhaps she is an other.  Perhaps she is Gale's sister writing the journal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting - although on the the journal entries mentions people in the hatch doing laundry. Libby has been in the hatch doing laundry.
6.  What about Kate's dad's boss in the Military?  The guy who gave Sayid the money and had a little chat with him before leaving him in the desert?  He was a reasonably prominent actor who played an awfully Authorotative role....alot of the parameters to Dharma appear military like (food drops, bunkers, medical drugs, various testing).  I could see him being a guy who commands a lot of respect from his minions.  Could he be "Him".?
There were 2 military guys Sayid dealt with. The guy who talked to Sayid and gave him money before letting him go in the desert, isn't Kate's dad. Kate's dad is the guy who originally asked Sayid to help interpret/interrogate the other prisoners.

Last edited by a moderator:
So we're thinking...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree, they never said exactly who she was. I was just trying to answer Bobcat's bolded question, which I think no one here was thinking at all. The woman at the door was definitely not Claire.You have a good point about the lady being related to the girl on the beach and thus putting her on a plane to go back to her mother. The only semi-question is why did the brother tag along? It seemed pretty obvious that Jack's Dad only had a daughter.

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think Claire is Jack's sister. If Jack's Dad tracked down that lady, why wouldn't he have just tracked down Claire. Claire is old enough and was on her own so he wouldn't barge into a house just to see his daughter, would he? The way he went in seemed like he was looking for a child not someone in their 20s already living on their own.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think Claire is Jack's sister either.Wasn't the little girl that AL saved on the beach with her sibling, or was it just another random child from the plane? I thought there were two of them though.

The more people that connect with Jack's dad, the more I'm beginning to believe that the entire show is just a delusion he's experiencing from delerium tremens. Shades of St. Elsewhere, it's all in his head.

:ph34r:

Can someone confirm this for me. My sister said in a different message board that someone mentioned that Claire's baby's father was named TOM. Is this correct?? If so, it can't just be coincidence that that was the name Ana Lucia gave Jack's dad. making Aaron, Jack's half-brother, and Elder Jack was looking to talk with Claire after knocking her up??

Just some thoughts.

ETA

D'oh obviously he would not have knocked up Claire already since AL had just given him the "Tom" name.

How did Gale know that she killed two "Others"?  Did I miss a conversation where she told him?  If that's the case, forgive my ignorance.  :confused:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He probably just put 2 and 2 together... Goodwin was with the tailies, they later found him dead... Anna's the only one of the tailies that isn't a wuss.

How did Gale know that she killed two "Others"?  Did I miss a conversation where she told him?  If that's the case, forgive my ignorance.   :confused:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He probably just put 2 and 2 together... Goodwin was with the tailies, they later found him dead... Anna's the only one of the tailies that isn't a wuss.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about Eko?? I think it was more than just an assumption.

2.  Somebody mentioned that Jack's father was directly responsible for 3 maybe 4 people being in Australia.  Other than AL, and perhaps you could argue Jack (to bring back his body) who else is there?  Don't say himself.  That's a stupid answer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sawyer. Jack's dad met Sawyer in the bar, and IIRC, prompts him to handle his business in Australia when Sawyer was waffling on this beforehand. This caused Sawyer to get caught and subsequently placed on flight 815 home.
4.  Perhaps Michael did look shocked when he shot Libby.  Perhaps Libby lives.  Perhaps she doesn't rat him out.  Why? Because perhaps she is an other.  Perhaps she is Gale's sister writing the journal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting - although on the the journal entries mentions people in the hatch doing laundry. Libby has been in the hatch doing laundry.
6.  What about Kate's dad's boss in the Military?  The guy who gave Sayid the money and had a little chat with him before leaving him in the desert?  He was a reasonably prominent actor who played an awfully Authorotative role....alot of the parameters to Dharma appear military like (food drops, bunkers, medical drugs, various testing).  I could see him being a guy who commands a lot of respect from his minions.  Could he be "Him".?
There were 2 military guys Sayid dealt with. The guy who talked to Sayid and gave him money before letting him go in the desert, isn't Kate's dad. Kate's dad is the guy who originally asked Sayid to help interpret/interrogate the other prisoners.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know the difference. I'm only refering to the guy who spoke to Sayid, who I guess I'm making the assumption by his demeanor that he was the commanding officer and therefore Kate's Dad's Boss. That guy definitely came off as a bad mofo in his extremely limited role. You can easily point out that he had to be to drive home the important point of who Sayid really is, and he was an important character from that standpoint. But I can't help but to think that he seemed like a big enough actor, that it seems like we'll see him again. I also got the impressison from his tone when he spoke to Sayid that he thought they may cross paths again....or maybe he said see you in another life...something happened that clicked with me. Who is that actor? Clancy Brown?

How did Gale know that she killed two "Others"?  Did I miss a conversation where she told him?  If that's the case, forgive my ignorance.   :confused:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Others have Cindy. She could have told them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Others took Cindy on their trek to the other side of the island. She could've told them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm pretty sure she mentioned it at one point when she was questioning him.On another topic, did anyone else notice that the only people left from the tail section that haven't either been killed or taken are Ecko and Bernard?

Bernard was originally seated at the front of the plane with Rose, making Ecko the only person left from the tail section.

Also, the Others attempted to take Ecko, which means he could be one of the "good" people.

That would eliminate all the characters from the tail section of the plane.

Not sure where I am going with this, just observations I was making.

About Michael....I thought his story stunk as soon as he showed up. When he left to go after Walt, he took a rifle with him. When he came back, he was missing the rifle. If the Others were few and mostly old men and women, they couldn't have taken his rifle. So what happened to his rifle? Surely he wouldn't have left it laying in the jungle when he went back to get the rest of the Losties. Further, he was way to exhausted for someone that had just hiked from the other side of the jungle. To me it appeared that he had probably been held for awhile and not fed properly. I have a feeling that the Others discovered that Jack and Co. had Henry and approached Michael with the plan they wanted him to partake in and probably promised that he could see Walt if he did what they wanted.

Just my :2cents:

I still think Henry Gale is the leader of The Others

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its possible. Its always compelling for a leader to be bold, to not be afraid to jump right into the middle of the problem. It sets an example for his followers. Of course, Desmond would fit that description as well.

Of course, if you were writing LOST, it makes perfect sense to build up a connection and background between the leader of the Others and the hero of the story.

Jack and Desmond would fit once again.

A bit off topic but something I continue to try and tie in is why were Locke's eyes black buring one episode of season 1? Think that has anything to do with him being special??

I still think Henry Gale is the leader of The Others

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its possible. Its always compelling for a leader to be bold, to not be afraid to jump right into the middle of the problem. It sets an example for his followers. Of course, Desmond would fit that description as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Desmond is my pick to be the leader of the others. I do believe we get to see him again by the end of this season.

Long as we're discussing "HIM" - I posted this a while back. When Peg Bundy finds Locke in the hotel room with Daddy, she says to the father "You're him, aren't you" - kind of an unusual greeting - so unusual it's intentional.

As I posted last night... Libby's a goner. Maybe not last night or in the next episode, but she's dead tailey walkin' before the end of this month.

Did anybody see JJ Abrams sneak the Mission Impossible 3 advertisement in last night's episode? If you look really hard when Hurley's wandering around lost - you can see it in the leaves. Very "Predator" like.... Nice touch.

I am sure this info is already here, but I can't search 133 pages - anyone know if there is a way to watch PAST episodes that I missed through the ABC stream site?

As I posted last night...  Libby's a goner. Maybe not last night or in the next episode, but she's dead tailey walkin' before the end of this month.

Did anybody see JJ Abrams sneak the Mission Impossible 3 advertisement in last night's episode?  If you look really hard when Hurley's wandering around lost - you can see it in the leaves.  Very "Predator" like....    Nice touch.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is this true?Can we get a sreen shot of this. As soon as I read this it pissed me off. I hope its not true. Not sure why it pisses me off but it does. :hot:

So if you were Jack, and you walked in on Locke sketching a drawing, and Locke didn't stop until maybe 30-60 seconds into your conversation, wouldn't you question him as to what he is sketching?

So if you were Jack, and you walked in on Locke sketching a drawing, and Locke didn't stop until maybe 30-60 seconds into your conversation, wouldn't you question him as to what he is sketching?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I was Jack, I'd be too busy banging Kate to notice what Locke was doing.

MAJOR SPOILERS !!!! NOT KIDDING! DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHO MAY DIE!!

2x21-? (EKO CENTRIC)

-Airs May 10

-Charlotte delivers a message to Eko in the airport and Libby asks if everythings alright

-Locke and Eko start out an a journey to find out what is at the ? that was on the map on the blast door. What they find will give them a deeper meaning to what the others are, the purpose of the island, and why they are there. Whatever it is they find- it makes Eko wnat to stop building the church

-The man who played the fortune teller in Claire's flashback is back again in this episode along with his wife/daughter Charlotte (the one who gives Eko the message).

2x22-Three Minutes (MICHAEL ISLAND CENTRIC)

-Airs May 17

-Flashback of Michael's encounters with the others and who DHARMA really is, we will also see Walt.

-Henry Gale will give up some info

-Many people are specualting that Michael bites the dust in this episode because he is scheduled the next day to appear on the Regis show, just as Shannon and Boone did the day after their death episode aired.

-Walt, the Friendly Seabilly (Zeke), Alex will all be back this episode. Along with characters named Mrs. Klugh and Pickett.

2x23-Live Together Die Alone (SEASON FINALE/ DESMOND CENTRIC)

-Airs May 24, 2 hour finale

-The episode contains a scene where Sayid and Jack find something "odd offshore" and decide to make an attack towards the others. Locke also does something "cataclysmic" regarding the button.

-although there are some scenes on the island, the whole 2 hr. Finale is pretty much a huge Desmond Flashback on where's he's been, how he got to the island, and who he was before.

-Jack and Kate get closer but something is revealed that pulls them apart

-Features Greg, a stockbroker.

-WARNING- WHAT IS ABOUT TO BE REVEALED IS VERY SPOILERISH, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!- Desmond is found washed upon the shore by Kelvin, the man he said was dead. Kelvin takes him to the hatch. Desmond is taken to prison and Widmore tells him off and we see Mr. Candle aka The Waxman. IN a Flashback, Desmond is seen at a cafe with Libby, and Libby asks for 42 thousand dollars and he gives it up for her boat that he wants to use for his race around the world. Charlie and Eko go to the hatch for dynamite to blow something up. We realize Vincent is a girl!!! Two people die. In a Flashback, we see two computer technicians drilling in a remote spot. Also is a multimillionare named Cameron (possibly owner of Widmore). He has a daughter Penelope who just wants a family and a simple life- she meets with desmond in the arena when he is running and gives him something. dr. Candle might also be there.

-Desmond's real name is Desmond Cook. He was planning to get married to Penelope, "Penny", Widmore's daughter. He didn't. Desmond is also one of the drillworkers in a remote location. Mr. Widmore's wife gave Desmond her boat for his race around the world, but guess who his wife is-- yep, Libby.

INFO ABOUT DEATHS BEFORE SEASON ENDS

-Desmond is very hihgly suspected to die in the Finale as well. Supposedly he is found by some of the castaways and goes to the hatch. It might of starvation, damage by the people he went to, or an accident with the dynamite that Eko and Charlie use.

But why starts the whole Hurley Libby thing and then kill Libby off. Is she even dead? cuz we still have to find out wut she really wants with hurley.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that Libby may not be dead. The preview showed Ana's dead body but no Libby. I just can't imagine they are done with the whole Libby and Hurley scenario.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree. There is potential for her to be still alive. It looked like she got winged twice, whereas Ana L got shot through the heart.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lots of clues that Libby may still be alive. The first thing I noticed when he shot her was that the bullet hit the blanket (which she was conveniently carrying folded up in front of her) and not her body. There was also no visible wound or blood. In TV-land this is usually because there is "somthing" in the blanket that stopped the bullet. The only other thing that she was supposed to be getting though was wine, right? What else could have stopped it?

But why starts the whole Hurley Libby thing and then kill Libby off. Is she even dead? cuz we still have to find out wut she really wants with hurley.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that Libby may not be dead. The preview showed Ana's dead body but no Libby. I just can't imagine they are done with the whole Libby and Hurley scenario.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree. There is potential for her to be still alive. It looked like she got winged twice, whereas Ana L got shot through the heart.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lots of clues that Libby may still be alive. The first thing I noticed when he shot her was that the bullet hit the blanket (which she was conveniently carrying folded up in front of her) and not her body. There was also no visible wound or blood. In TV-land this is usually because there is "somthing" in the blanket that stopped the bullet. The only other thing that she was supposed to be getting though was wine, right? What else could have stopped it?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well, depending on how she thought the "date" was gonna go, she may have had a bullet-proof vest. i would think she would need it with hurley flopping around on top....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well, depending on how she thought the "date" was gonna go, she may have had a bullet-proof vest. i would think she would need it with hurley flopping around on top....
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kevlar blankets

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also could have been a facial cleanser. Or beads.

Anybody notice Sawyer in the flashback scene when Jack's Dad was getting out of the car?

No significance, just wanted to post something.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone watching the show that didn't catch that should quit watching now.This show is built on relationships and paths that have crossed in the past. I'm 100% convinced that someone we've already met has knowledge of what's going on with the island...and could even be part of the overall plan.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They met at a bar in Australia...the bar that Jack's dad saw from the car with Ana Lucia when he opened the door and hit Sawyer.So, he's not responsible for Sawyer being in Australia.

I'm also wondering who the 3rd (and 4th???) person is...

Just some thoughts on the show...

1. Eko rocks. He's not been on for several episodes and is still my favorite character. I'll be pissed if they kill him off.

2. Hurley is going to feel responsible for Libby's death/injuries. He was the bonehead that forgot the blankets...she wouldn't have been there if not for that. How will this affect him, especially regarding his mental history?

3. Why has no one gone back to the medical hatch to look for clues, etc?

4. Michael said there were only a couple guns. Jack and crew handed them several during the confrontation. This is more evidence his story is BS. WTF happened to him?

5. The writers (or producers?) said we'd see flashbacks for Vincent and see what happened on the plane before it crashed. There's three episodes left...will we see this or did they lie? Oh, and WTF is Vincent????

6. Is the "hidden" commercial online anywhere? I didn't pay attention to any commercials and completely missed it. To the best of my knowledge, this is the first "shot across the bow" to people who fast-forward through commercials. If this turns out to be an important clue and TIVO shows people stop skipping commercials during LOST, expect more shows to drop these to bring in advertising $$.

Does anyone ascribe any importance to the fact AL told her mother she was on flight 815?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't understand what you're getting at here.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They bothered to show a (formerly) main character explicitly tell someone that is not on the island which flight they were on. Moreover, that person is in a position to do something more than the average citizen (I assume).I don't know. :shrug: Seemed like more than a throwaway scene.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd think that the passenger list of Flight 815 would be common knowledge in the rest of the world after the plane disappeared.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Her mother had no idea she was in Australia let alone that particular flight. This information was shown as conveyed prior to killing off AL. Whether or not that turns out to be meaningful is the question. Maybe they just need to add on an extra 2 minutes to the episode to push the big twist past the tivo cut-off mark. I don't know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It added further depth to her character and believability to the fact that someone that has seen so far so aloof and calous is indeed something of a human being, especially in light of her not being able to kill Gale.Sometime plot and character development work well. :thumbup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He stated that he paid the mortgage on the house so he didn't have to track it down at all.They obviously wanted us to know Jack has a sister so it would make sense that she is someone that we already know and since Claire is the only person that we've meet that is Australian I'd say it would be a good bet that it is her.

The real question I think should be asking is why would the elder Doctor go to Australia to see this daughter and why would he need protection? I was looking at the Hanso web site today and there are a lot of medical experiments mentioned. Maybe Jack's Pop was involved with Dharma and knew about Claire and the baybee and wanted to get to her before Dharma. It would explain why he needed a bodyguard.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He stated that he paid the mortgage on the house so he didn't have to track it down at all.They obviously wanted us to know Jack has a sister so it would make sense that she is someone that we already know and since Claire is the only person that we've meet that is Australian I'd say it would be a good bet that it is her.

The real question I think should be asking is why would the elder Doctor go to Australia to see this daughter and why would he need protection? I was looking at the Hanso web site today and there are a lot of medical experiments mentioned. Maybe Jack's Pop was involved with Dharma and knew about Claire and the baybee and wanted to get to her before Dharma. It would explain why he needed a bodyguard.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the Dharma involement, but I think Jack's sister would be younger as mentioned above.

Just some thoughts on the show...

1.  Eko rocks.  He's not been on for several episodes and is still my favorite character.  I'll be pissed if they kill him off.

2.  Hurley is going to feel responsible for Libby's death/injuries.  He was the bonehead that forgot the blankets...she wouldn't have been there if not for that.  How will this affect him, especially regarding his mental history?

3.  Why has no one gone back to the medical hatch to look for clues, etc?

4.  Michael said there were only a couple guns.  Jack and crew handed them several during the confrontation.  This is more evidence his story is BS.  WTF happened to him?

5.  The writers (or producers?) said we'd see flashbacks for Vincent and see what happened on the plane before it crashed.  There's three episodes left...will we see this or did they lie?  Oh, and WTF is Vincent????

6.  Is the "hidden" commercial online anywhere?  I didn't pay attention to any commercials and completely missed it.  To the best of my knowledge, this is the first "shot across the bow" to people who fast-forward through commercials.  If this turns out to be an important clue and TIVO shows people stop skipping commercials during LOST, expect more shows to drop these to bring in advertising $$.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think the others need guns. Remember the meeting in the woods when sawer shot at them and the bullet bounced off something (forcefield?) and almost hit Sawer.

Users who are viewing this thread