What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (4 Viewers)

Eko and Locke found the question mark on Locke's map and opened another hatch. It was a monitoring room with live video feed of the hatch, a bank style air tube to send messages to the HANSO people, oritentation video, etc. The video says each area is an experiment of some type and the people don't know about the experiment. This is a room to monitor their actions and send the feedback to HANSO. The date on the video was 1980, the monitors are supposed to do 3 week shifts. Everything was dusty and it didn't look like anybody had been there in a long while. Libby dies at the end before she can tell them Michael shot her.

Did anyone notice the crosswords puzzle?

Clues

Puzzle

I'm betting there's something there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:thumbup: Good catch. This is getting ink on some message boards, according to my Google search.

The Gilgamesh saga would fit very well within the Lost mythos.

Edit: I'd be interested in reading FBG speculation as to how the Gilgamesh story might be woven into the Lost episodes. I don't know the story at all, though a friend of mine has been interested in it for years and keeps droning on about how it explains his :tinfoilhat: theories on both religion and alien encounters.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is the Gilgamesh story?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Epic of GilgameshPossible Spoiler: Enkidu exists in the story of Gilgamesh so that he might die. Eko = Enkidu?

:ph34r:

Another Gilgamesh link

From a literary point of view, the Epic of Gilgamesh is as secular as the Odyssey, and as contemporary as any heroic tale of an exciting life.  Gilgamesh is in mature manhood when the Epic begins, but being semi-divine (2/3rd human and 1/3rd god) and vastly superior to other men, he can find no worthy match in love or war.  Accordingly, as the fifth king of Uruk following the Great Flood, he lords it over his people to the point where they pray for relief.  They receive it in the form of a “natural man”, Enkidu, who has been reared by the animals and is enormously strong and swift as a gazelle.   

Enkidu is sought out and seduced by a female (either priestess or harlot, depending upon the predilections of the translator), and with his subsequent loss of innocence, he takes the first step toward becoming civilized (i.e. the animals reject him).  This quickly brings him into direct conflict with Gilgamesh.  After a knock-down-drag-out fight, the two become the greatest of friends (it’s a guy thing), and ultimately set out on great quests.  The most notable is going into the forest where Humbaba dwells.  “Because of the evil that is in the land, we will go to the forest and destroy the evil.”  Unfortunately, the evil Humbaba is the protégé of Enlil (of Enki and Enlil fame), and the forest episode is a cruel trap set by Enlil in order to destroy Gilgamesh and Enkidu.   

Gilgamesh survives, but Enkidu doesn’t.  Because it was Enkidu’s hubris in refusing the prayer of Humbaba for mercy, Enlil brings the case before the Anunnaki, the council of the gods, and retribution is accordingly doled out.  In an independent poem, Enkidu and the Underworld, Enkidu goes down alive into the underworld to bring back a mysterious drum and drumstick that Gilgamesh has let fall into it.  In spite of warnings, Enkidu breaks all the taboos and finds himself ultimately held by the underworld.  

The loss of Enkidu is devastating to Gilgamesh.  The lost of the great friendship and the knowledge that death is inevitable sets Gilgamesh out on a bold undertaking to find ever- lasting life.  His first clue is the legend of the day which insisted that King Zi-u-sudra (aka Noah) had not only survived the Flood, but had entered the company of the gods and been taken faraway “to live at the mouth of the rivers”.  Gilgamesh’s trek, akin to Odysseus’s journey, constitutes the last half of the Epic, where he encounters a variety of obstacles -- including one god’s advise that his quest is certain to fail. 

Gilgamesh also encounters a woman named Siduri, an enigmatic figure living in a place “where east and west were confused”, and who dispenses the philosophy of eat, drink and be merry, “for this too is the lot of man”.  Siduri, nevertheless provides Gilgamesh with the instructions on how to cross the waters of death, using the boatman Urshanabi to ferry him across in much the same manner as that of the sun’s journey into the west each day.   

An important and notable event occurs during the meeting between Gilgamesh and the ferryman, involving the “Things of Stone”, which Gilgamesh rashly smashes, making it then necessary for the ferryman to use “punting poles” -- the latter which are somehow connected with “wings” or “winged beings or figures”.   
Plenty to speculate about... :popcorn:
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tonight's episode fits nicely within the Gilgamesh saga. Eko hasn't died -- yet -- but the story is far from over.

Not too many anagrams that make any sense from sublymonalLonb Asylum

or.. something Boy ????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I figured it was a play on the word "subliminal". Anyway when I try to go to the URL, I get a server can not be found message...overloaded maybe?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's definitely getting hammered. Very slow loading.I entered the "code" and got to the second page...found the link there, but am told I don't have the correct Flash version--I have 8, which is what it says I need. :rant:

Tivo issues and the Red Sox - Yankees game cause me to miss the first 15-20 minutes of this episode.  Anyone care to summarize for me; first thing I saw was Locke asking Eko why he hit him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pity bump now that the episode is over.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eko had a dream in which his brother told him to "help Locke". He followed Locke, Jack, Sawyer and Kate to the hatch where AL and Libby (and Michael, of course) were found shot. He confronted Locke and basically coerced him into a trek into the jungle to find "the question mark".

Tivo issues and the Red Sox - Yankees game cause me to miss the first 15-20 minutes of this episode.  Anyone care to summarize for me; first thing I saw was Locke asking Eko why he hit him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Echo has a dream, in which his brother/(Maybe it was Anna who told him as she was in it too.) tells him to find John and ask him/lead him to the ?. He said John would not want to tell him, but Eko should make him.The group heads back to the hatch, and Michael comes out saying the man inside shot me. The go in and find Anna dead, but Libby coughes up blood and is still alive.

Eko shows up and says that he will go track Henry down with Locke, but they go off and Eko is leading him to the ?. He asks John about it and he won't tell him. He knocks him out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eko had a dream in which his brother told him to "help Locke". He followed Locke, Jack, Sawyer and Kate to the hatch where AL and Libby (and Michael, of course) were found shot. He confronted Locke and basically coerced him into a trek into the jungle to find "the question mark".
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks.How did Eko find out about the question mark? Did Eko have to knock Locke out to get him to leave the bunker?

Last edited by a moderator:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Echo has a dream, in which his brother/(Maybe it was Anna who told him as she was in it too.) tells him to find John and ask him/lead him to the ?. He said John would not want to tell him, but Eko should make him.The group heads back to the hatch, and Michael comes out saying the man inside shot me. The go in and find Anna dead, but Libby coughes up blood and is still alive.

Eko shows up and says that he will go track Henry down with Locke, but they go off and Eko is leading him to the ?. He asks John about it and he won't tell him. He knocks him out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:thumbup: Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks.How did Eko find out about the question mark? Did Eko have to knock Locke out to get him to leave the bunker?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Read mine above.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eku was told about it in his dream. He convinced Locke to go because he has tracking experience (to find Henry). No need to knock him out in the bunker...only in the jungle.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the "?" came up in the dream Eko had. He knocked Locke out with a wicked cocobutt when they were both out in the jungle. I missed what happened after the commercial because I was making :popcorn: and getting a :banned: .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eko has a flashback where he AL and then sees that she is bleeding and she tells him to help Locke. He also sees his brother in what looks like the survivors hatch computer room and he is typing on a keyboard with all "?" keys. His brother says the same thing as AL except he tells him that Locke will resist talking about the "?" location. He also tells him to bring the axe, which you saw him use to open the hatch and climb the wall.Jack, Sawyer, Locke and Kate go back to the hatch and then Eko joins them (after waking up from the dream) and Michael falls out and says Henry shot everyone and got away. The find AL dead but Libby is still clinging to life. Lots of arguing, but Eko and Locke start out to track Henry, Jack then has Kate go with Sawyer to get the morphine and thus Kate will also know where the guns are. Michael obviously keeps asking about Libby.

Not sure if this happened before or after, but Kate finds out that Sawyer had the guns in the ground in his tent the whole time. Also, when Locke and Eko were tracking, Eko asked about the "?" and Locke didn't answer so Eko said sorry and head butted him.

I think that is pretty much it.

Oh and great, great episode. The preview are also awesome. Looks like a hell of a ride for the last two weeks! :excited:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:thumbup: Thanks.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
there may be some inconsistancies in there, but it's close.John showed him the paper he drew and Eko say's it's this way and John doesn't want to follow him. Not sure if that was before or after he knocked him out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eko has a flashback where he AL and then sees that she is bleeding and she tells him to help Locke. He also sees his brother in what looks like the survivors hatch computer room and he is typing on a keyboard with all "?" keys. His brother says the same thing as AL except he tells him that Locke will resist talking about the "?" location. He also tells him to bring the axe, which you saw him use to open the hatch and climb the wall.Jack, Sawyer, Locke and Kate go back to the hatch and then Eko joins them (after waking up from the dream) and Michael falls out and says Henry shot everyone and got away. The find AL dead but Libby is still clinging to life. Lots of arguing, but Eko and Locke start out to track Henry, Jack then has Kate go with Sawyer to get the morphine and thus Kate will also know where the guns are. Michael obviously keeps asking about Libby.

Not sure if this happened before or after, but Kate finds out that Sawyer had the guns in the ground in his tent the whole time. Also, when Locke and Eko were tracking, Eko asked about the "?" and Locke didn't answer so Eko said sorry and head butted him.

Oh and great, great episode. The preview are also awesome. Looks like a hell of a ride for the last two weeks! :excited:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:goodposting: :goodrecapping:

or.. something Boy ????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I figured it was a play on the word "subliminal". Anyway when I try to go to the URL, I get a server can not be found message...overloaded maybe?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Lost Experience SPOILERS...
I found this earlier today (see my post in the other thread "I guess Sprite is in on it").  If you hang around the Hanso page at 15 or 42 past the hour the clock changes to OB:EY.  If you clicked that it took you to subLYMONal.com

Anyway there are 6 television screens all with no reception.  You have to click one 4 time, another 8, another 15.... and they turn green one by one.  When you have finished, all 6 swirl and fade out, and a new screen appears.  On the new screen flashes the words "hint" and "heir apparent". 

Under the screen is a hidden link to the Hanso Foundation's Executive's bios.  When you click on the 2nd guy's profile there is a textbox.  When you type in "heir apparent" you find out about his mysterious past.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is a very good summary!

or.. something Boy ????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I found this earlier today (see my post in the other thread "I guess Sprite is in on it").  If you hang around the Hanso page at 15 or 42 past the hour the clock changes to OB:EY.  If you clicked that it took you to subLYMONal.com

Anyway there are 6 television screens all with no reception.  You have to click one 4 time, another 8, another 15.... and they turn green one by one.  When you have finished, all 6 swirl and fade out, and a new screen appears.  On the new screen flashes the words "hint" and "heir apparent". 

Under the screen is a hidden link to the Hanso Foundation's Executive's bios.  When you click on the 2nd guy's profile there is a textbox.   When you type in "heir apparent" you find out about his mysterious past.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
which issss.....??

or.. something Boy ????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyway there are 6 television screens all with no reception.  You have to click one 4 time, another 8, another 15.... and they turn green one by one.  When you have finished all 6 they swirl and fade out and a new screen appears.  On the new screen flashes "hint" and "heir apparent". 

Under the screen is a hidden link to the Hanso Foundation's Executive's bios.  When you click on the 2nd guy's profile there is a textbox.   When you type in "heir apparent" you find out about his mysterious past.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Care to recap what you learn about the past? I can't get the page to load...is his name Lymon?Why is that in whiteout text? It's not spoiler info, is it?

or.. something Boy ????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
which issss.....??
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't get to the Hanso page, but anyway, maybe we should put all of this web stuff into Hulk's thread? Just a thought because I still think while it may tell us stuff I think it is all part of a bigger thing and discussing it here may be fruitless. It just may be one more clue into a bunch of other things that have already been found.Anyway, just my opinion, so bash me if you disagree. I just haven't been going to any of those sites so far, so I have no idea what is going on there.

I'm a little surprised that no one questioned why AL was lying on the couch shot. It looks obvious she was not killed in a struggle with Henry, otherwise she'd be in the lockup room.

or.. something Boy ????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I figured it was a play on the word "subliminal".
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Isn't that rather obvious?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, which is why I didn't understand the need to start trying to figure out any kind of anagram

Users who are viewing this thread