What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (3 Viewers)

I'm not trying to be antagonistic here.

So Desmond went to wherever his boat ostensibly crashed, packed up and tried to leave and is now back? Or this is Desmonds boat, that's been adrift since he crashed and Desmond will appear in some other way?

Perhaps I overstated the "drawing them back" What I believe drew M, J & S back was the current. I'm not going to get into whether DHARMA has manipulated the current :unsure: Perhaps Desmond tried to leave and was also brought back by the current/tide.
I don't see you as being antagonistic. It's just a show, I don't get hung up on being questioned on any ridiculous theories I might throw out there. Anyway ...I think Desmond is on the boat. I think it is the boat he arrived on. I have no idea how he repaired it or where it has been since he arrived. But keep in mind that he had a partner (Kelvin) in the Swan that could have allowed him time to move the boat ashore. Also, he could have been working on fixing it. It is a jungle and it could have been hidden. I don't think this is an unexplainable plot point in any case.

I think Desmond is in bad shape in any case as it appeared (at least to me) that the boat was slowly drifting in (I'm basing this on seconds of screen observation, so I could be completely off base).

I'm not trying to be antagonistic here.

So Desmond went to wherever his boat ostensibly crashed, packed up and tried to leave and is now back?  Or this is Desmonds boat, that's been adrift since he crashed and Desmond will appear in some other way?

Perhaps I overstated the "drawing them back"  What I believe drew M, J & S back was the current.  I'm not going to get into whether DHARMA has manipulated the current  :unsure:   Perhaps Desmond tried to leave and was also brought back by the current/tide.
I don't see you as being antagonistic. It's just a show, I don't get hung up on being questioned on any ridiculous theories I might throw out there. Anyway ...I think Desmond is on the boat. I think it is the boat he arrived on. I have no idea how he repaired it or where it has been since he arrived. But keep in mind that he had a partner (Kelvin) in the Swan that could have allowed him time to move the boat ashore. Also, he could have been working on fixing it. It is a jungle and it could have been hidden. I don't think this is an unexplainable plot point in any case.

I think Desmond is in bad shape in any case as it appeared (at least to me) that the boat was slowly drifting in (I'm basing this on seconds of screen observation, so I could be completely off base).
If someone is in the boat, you are correct, it was just drifting so whoever might be in it is probably out of commission and Desmond makes the most sense.Sack was right though, there was no survival instinct that brought M, S & J back to the island. We never saw Jin, but Sawyer pulled Michael (correct? & did CPR) onto some of the debris and after the shark they fell asleep. The only reason they got back to the island was just the current, which makes sense since Jin washed up at the exact same location.

matthew fox in an interview with E! said that the finale would totally blow everyone's theories about whats going on away.. and that he cant wait to see how season 3 starts because of what we are left with at the end of s2.

personally, i think there is going to be a death in the finale, and i think its michael.

So what are the consensus opinions on who the leader of The Others will be revealed to be? I'm assuming that will occur in the finale (far too many signs have pointed to it for it not to occur IMO). So who's the mysterious "Him" that The Others seem to fear? It would be a major cheat if it wasn't someone we'd already been introduced to.

I've been leaning toward it being Henry and I'll stick with that in lieu of any other better ideas that I can come up with between now and next Wednesday. :)

And I agree with the post above and have also stated that I believe Michael will die and likely deserves to die given the impossibility IMO of any logical attempt to rehabilitate his character after what he's done.

I'm going to have the worst Lost remorse in the world after the finale next week. As soon as the show is done I will inevitably left wanting more, with a long summer of waiting to follow.

So what are the consensus opinions on who the leader of The Others will be revealed to be? I'm assuming that will occur in the finale (far too many signs have pointed to it for it not to occur IMO). So who's the mysterious "Him" that The Others seem to fear? It would be a major cheat if it wasn't someone we'd already been introduced to.

I've been leaning toward it being Henry and I'll stick with that in lieu of any other better ideas that I can come up with between now and next Wednesday. :)

And I agree with the post above and have also stated that I believe Michael will die and likely deserves to die given the impossibility IMO of any logical attempt to rehabilitate his character after what he's done.
I think the best candidate is Desmond because it would make perfect sense to create a link between the hero (Jack) and the main villain to add depth to the story. So to me the leader ought to be someone that was in a flashback with Jack. Desmond was. If not Desmond, then its Jack's father. If neither, then its someone who really has no history at all with Jack, which I think seems dumb considering all the focus on backstories.

If you want to really get crazy, then the leader is actually one of the losties. In that case the leader is probably Locke. In this scenario, Locke doesn't know who he really is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack's Dadconnection with Jack

connection with Sawyer (I think)

not sure of the connections with Kate & Hurley?

Desmond does seem like the obvious choice it will probably be him, but so far this show has not been too predictable so I am expecting a curve ball

Jack's dad is not the leader.

Desmond is not the leader.

Bank on it. I just don't see either one of them making sense.

(BTW, the answer is: Batman.)

Jack's dad is not the leader.

Desmond is not the leader.

Bank on it. I just don't see either one of them making sense.

(BTW, the answer is: Batman.)
:goodposting: Aside from Batman. ;) Jack's dad was never near the island as far as we know and since Jack worked with his dad, I find it hard to believe he was ever there, so strike him out.

Desmond has also been on the island a short time comparatively if we are to believe the 1980s references and I believe his rendetion of his events on the island that he was basically cooped up in the hatch the whole time. I think that old IMDB "error" about Kelvin was a hack or an intentional misleading.

My bet would be Alvar Hanso, Mr. DeGroot or Marvin Candle. I hope as others mentioned above that they don't just pull some random person in.

I'm going to have the worst Lost remorse in the world after the finale next week. As soon as the show is done I will inevitably left wanting more, with a long summer of waiting to follow.
:goodposting: The last few episodes of the season and the first few episodes of the season are always the best. The Pilot in season 1 was phenomenal as was the raft/Walt ending and season 2 started out great and is looking like it will be a great ending. The only good thing is that based on seasons 1 and 2, the start of season 3 should also start out great.

I'm just hoping there are a few hot chicks on the boat, they keep killing all the womenfolk.

:hot:
Hey Bucky, do they use "womenfolk" around Charlotte a lot? I am moving down there in a couple months, so I better get ready soon. ;)

I hope as others mentioned above that they don't just pull some random person in.
Maybe that's why Locke left early (during the funeral). :eek:
Double :eek: if they actually pull that one out of their ###. We have seen way too much back story on the main survivors and never heard of any of them running off for days on end, when they weren't with someone. So far the writers have kept everything together quite well (it was a ?, Zeke did say Alex twice and I saw Zeke holding a dirty washcloth and face soap at the camp), so I hope they wouldn't resort to a "surprise" that made no sense.

Why the other left the place is a mystery, although some have posted good theories. Maybe they ran out of medicine and became worried of infection (or got infected) and the children (Walt, et al) can help in some off way to get them medicated?
i cant imagine they have left it. i would guess they have several places that they stay at, and when they are not at certain places they make it appear like it is deserted. we know they are all very cautious about covering their tracks.
Right, but if they're so cautious, why did they leave behind the glue and beard?
...and the booty that Claire made for Aaron, and the flashlights. They took the operating table, but why did they leave and knock over that heavy ### medical refrigerator??Desmond - Major Other

Henry Gale - Other (but he might not be).

Danielle - Isolated nutjob, who's daughter was kidnapped, and she doesn't trust anyone.
I'm sticking with my March prediction. Desmond is the Other's Leader.

I'm just hoping there are a few hot chicks on the boat, they keep killing all the womenfolk.

Hey Bucky, do they use "womenfolk" around Charlotte a lot? I am moving down there in a couple months, so I better get ready soon. ;)
:lmao: Just catch up on your "ya'lls" and "all ya'lls" and you'll fit in fine. Oh, and learn to love sweet tea.

Where are you moving from? Are you going to be working for one of the banks?

What do you think is in the hatch that they are guarding?

So far all of the hatches seem to be fake experiments.

Swan - push the button every 108 minutes - most likely this does nothing but I guess we'll find out next week.

Pearl - observe other experiments. Again I think this is a meaningless task and that we will find out the notebooks go nowhere. (I wish we would have seen more of this hatch)

Medical - take/give serum every 9 days. Most likely a placebo since whatever "sickness" it protects people from hasn't been contracted by any of the losties.

I think all of the "experiments" were designed to see if people could change reality based on their expectations. Thus the fascination with Walt who seems to be able to change reality.

Feel free to disagree

I will place my bet on Intelligence Officer from the Sayid Iraq flashback (the one that gave him cash, not Kate's dad).

:shrug:

I will place my bet on Intelligence Officer from the Sayid Iraq flashback (the one that gave him cash, not Kate's dad).

With you 100%. Ever since I saw him, I just got a feeling that there is NO WAY that is the only appearance he is making in this show. Maybe this season. But in no way is that the last we'll see of that guy.

:lmao: Just catch up on your "ya'lls" and "all ya'lls" and you'll fit in fine. Oh, and learn to love sweet tea.

DC suburbs. No, I work for a software company from home, so it doesn't matter where I live. One of our biggest customers is there though, so that helped. Moving to the Waxhaw area, which part of Charlotte are you in? I just remember you popping into a Charlotte thread at some point.

With you 100%. Ever since I saw him, I just got a feeling that there is NO WAY that is the only appearance he is making in this show. Maybe this season. But in no way is that the last we'll see of that guy.
Definitely possible. I agree with both of you that he had a pretty big part that wasn't a relative, like Kate's dad. Do you guys really think that it is going to be somebody that wasn't part of the Dharma Initiative or on the island when it all started, i.e. 1980ish? Also, that guy kind of played the role of getting Sayid to become an interrogator, i.e. that guy already fulfilled his role on the show.I really think that after the incident, there was some clean-up done by the Hanso Foundation and that the leader would end up being someone that went through the incident and became kind of a Marlon Brando in Apocolypse Now.

Maybe I am wrong and the experiments running now are the original ones and everything on the island is fake, but something tells me that any experiments being run now are by the remnants, not the originators. My money is still on Alvar, DeGroot or Marvin.

Edit to Add: Any other significant off-island folks that we think might be involved? Anybody whose story didn't really end, i.e. didn't seem to serve any real purpose.

DC suburbs. No, I work for a software company from home, so it doesn't matter where I live. One of our biggest customers is there though, so that helped. Moving to the Waxhaw area, which part of Charlotte are you in? I just remember you popping into a Charlotte thread at some point.
Waxhaw is nice, beautiful historic downtown. Not a bad place to live, especially if you're working from home (the drive into downtown Charlotte would be a ##### at rush hour). I live in Matthews which isn't terribly far away.

Definitely possible. I agree with both of you that he had a pretty big part that wasn't a relative, like Kate's dad. Do you guys really think that it is going to be somebody that wasn't part of the Dharma Initiative or on the island when it all started, i.e. 1980ish?Since we know when the war was, I would assume he isn't just because I think it is going to be someone we know, but someone that was there during the incident. I really think that after the incident, there was some clean-up done by the Hanso Foundation and that the leader would end up being someone that went through the incident and became kind of a Marlon Brando in Apocolypse Now.

Maybe I am wrong and the experiments running now are the original ones and everything on the island is fake, but something tells me that any experiments being run now are by the remnants, not the originators. My money is still on Alvar, DeGroot or Marvin.
Your theory is as good as any and better than most. I can't argue against the points you make against Army Intelligence guy being "him" - just a feeling that there was more there than they let on. The fact that he pulled one over on Sayid and played him like he did seems consistent with what's happening to the LOST gang on the island. BTW, he may not even be with the Army. He could be in one of the covert agencies or he could even be a private contractor and already have been associated with Dharma/Hanso. Hell, he could be Alvar Hanso for what little we (at least I) know about him.

Waxhaw is nice, beautiful historic downtown. Not a bad place to live, especially if you're working from home (the drive into downtown Charlotte would be a ##### at rush hour). I live in Matthews which isn't terribly far away.
In that area, but closer to Charlotte, probably just a couple miles to 485. I remember having to drive into Matthews to stop and look at some samples for the patio surface (building a house). As for any commute, it can't get any worse than my 35 mile trip in DC rush hour traffic. I live in one of the fastest growing counties in the US, there is traffic even on the weekends shopping.

Definitely possible. I agree with both of you that he had a pretty big part that wasn't a relative, like Kate's dad. Do you guys really think that it is going to be somebody that wasn't part of the Dharma Initiative or on the island when it all started, i.e. 1980ish?Since we know when the war was, I would assume he isn't just because I think it is going to be someone we know, but someone that was there during the incident. I really think that after the incident, there was some clean-up done by the Hanso Foundation and that the leader would end up being someone that went through the incident and became kind of a Marlon Brando in Apocolypse Now.

Your theory is as good as any and better than most. I can't argue against the points you make against Army Intelligence guy being "him" - just a feeling that there was more there than they let on. The fact that he pulled one over on Sayid and played him like he did seems consistent with what's happening to the LOST gang on the island. BTW, he may not even be with the Army. He could be in one of the covert agencies or he could even be a private contractor and already have been associated with Dharma/Hanso. Hell, he could be Alvar Hanso for what little we (at least I) know about him.
Agreed and I thought he was more than just a minor role. Compared to Kate's dad, there was more meat to that guy. Maybe because we've seen him in tons of stuff? Its hard to tell if him fing with Sayid was just to show us how Sayid became "Sayid the torturer" or if somehow he is involved and guiding Sayid. By the way, based on the Hanso site, he isn't Alvar!I wonder if any of the people we have met work for any of the companies like Widmore or Hanso.

Anyway, at this point, I think everyone's theory is as good as anybody else's, except BGP. ;)

Walt looks a lot bigger.  Love to see how they explain that.  But they lkely won't.
I didn't think he looked any different.Why would they need to explain it anyway?
Walt was on Jimmy Kimmel last night - he looked the same, just a little taller.
he is a growing boy that is approaching puberty, it is natural for him to grow taller or bigger sometime in his life.....nothing to see here...

:coffee:

Agreed and I thought he was more than just a minor role. Compared to Kate's dad, there was more meat to that guy. Maybe because we've seen him in tons of stuff? Its hard to tell if him fing with Sayid was just to show us how Sayid became "Sayid the torturer" or if somehow he is involved and guiding Sayid. By the way, based on the Hanso site, he isn't Alvar!I wonder if any of the people we have met work for any of the companies like Widmore or Hanso.

Anyway, at this point, I think everyone's theory is as good as anybody else's, except BGP. ;)
That's right - my theories are always better. ;)

The only thing we know about the Leader is that Henry Gayle described him as "not a forgiving man". Everyone is terrified of failing him. So he's some kind of hard###. I think Desmond would fit that description. The Intelligence Officer struck me as cunning, but not someone you'd fear in that way. I think it would be somewhat poor writing for it to be him.

Walt looks a lot bigger.  Love to see how they explain that.  But they lkely won't.
I didn't think he looked any different.Why would they need to explain it anyway?
Walt was on Jimmy Kimmel last night - he looked the same, just a little taller.
he is a growing boy that is approaching puberty, it is natural for him to grow taller or bigger sometime in his life.....nothing to see here...

:coffee:
I was just glad to see that his voice was the same. If his balls had dropped in the interim, that would have been unacceptable.

just saw michael on Ellen she grilled him about the finale

- no one dies - but some are "precariously close",

we find out about why the plane crashed, we wont find out who the others are, no one escapes.. maybe missing one or two things in there..

I don't even remember who the Iraqi guy is.

What are you people talking about?
It was in the episode "One Of Them"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_of_Them_%28Lost%29

The officer was the guy who had Sayid torture his fellow Iraqi for information. The fellow Iraqi tells Sayid (in ?Iraqi? language) to grab the gun of the nearest american and kill as many as he can. Sayid intentionally misintreprets this to avoid causing a problem and its assumed no-one else but Sayid understood it. At the end of the episode, the officer wishes Sayid well in the ?Iraqi? language, revealing that he did in fact understand everything that was said, and he obviously knew Sayid lied.

I dunno, if this Leader is so unforgiving, he would not tolerate Sayid lying to his face. Its not him, at least it shouldn't be for the characterizations to be accurate.

The only thing we know about the Leader is that Henry Gayle described him as "not a forgiving man". Everyone is terrified of failing him. So he's some kind of hard###. I think Desmond would fit that description. The Intelligence Officer struck me as cunning, but not someone you'd fear in that way. I think it would be somewhat poor writing for it to be him.
Not forgiving people we know so far are Locke's father and the real Sawyer.IIRC Locke's father actually said "I'm not a forgiving man." to Locke.

I don't even remember who the Iraqi guy is.

What are you people talking about?
It was in the episode "One Of Them"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_of_Them_%28Lost%29

The officer was the guy who had Sayid torture his fellow Iraqi for information. The fellow Iraqi tells Sayid (in ?Iraqi? language) to grab the gun of the nearest american and kill as many as he can. Sayid intentionally misintreprets this to avoid causing a problem and its assumed no-one else but Sayid understood it. At the end of the episode, the officer wishes Sayid well in the ?Iraqi? language, revealing that he did in fact understand everything that was said, and he obviously knew Sayid lied.
Oh, thanks.No idea why somebody would think it was him.

Locke's dad makes some sense. Rich guy, manipulated people. Makes more sense than most suggestions.

Anyone else seeing what is on the key in the preview? Wonder what that means.

BTW, are previews considered spoilers? I thought that when they play on national television, they cease to be hidden.
Looks like the swan logo to me. I wonder if that's what caused the lockdown.
I paused it on Tivo.To me, it looked like a logo we haven't seen yet, but I could be wrong.
Pretty sure it's a swan...
Looks like a swan to me.

You've got to be kidding me. Desmond - at least as we've seen him - does not fit that description.I'll ibet anyone that Desmond is not "him"

we find out about why the plane crashed, we wont find out who the others are, no one escapes.. maybe missing one or two things in there..
You watch Ellen? NTTAWWT :unsure:

You watch Ellen? NTTAWWT :unsure:
we were eating dinner and my mom and sister were watching..i swear :bag:

You've got to be kidding me. Desmond - at least as we've seen him - does not fit that description.I'll ibet anyone that Desmond is not "him"
Desmond came across as a hard###. I could see him as unforgiving. Desmond could strike fear into people - the kind of fear that Henry Gayle had for him. I mean, Desmond met everyone by holding a gun to them after using a series of mirrors to scout. He had a serious edge to him.

What do you think is in the hatch that they are guarding?
The "good" people that they took from the survivors (e.g., Walt, the 2 kids)
Perhaps I should have asked, what do you think the experiment is about. Could that be the only "real" hatch or is it another bogus experiment no longer in operation?

Users who are viewing this thread