What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (3 Viewers)

The only thing we know about the Leader is that Henry Gayle described him as "not a forgiving man". Everyone is terrified of failing him. So he's some kind of hard###. I think Desmond would fit that description. The Intelligence Officer struck me as cunning, but not someone you'd fear in that way. I think it would be somewhat poor writing for it to be him.
You've got to be kidding me. Desmond - at least as we've seen him - does not fit that description.I'll ibet anyone that Desmond is not "him"
Desmond came across as a hard###. I could see him as unforgiving. Desmond could strike fear into people - the kind of fear that Henry Gayle had for him. I mean, Desmond met everyone by holding a gun to them after using a series of mirrors to scout. He had a serious edge to him.
Oh no, mirrors! :eek: :lmao:

What do you think is in the hatch that they are guarding?
The "good" people that they took from the survivors (e.g., Walt, the 2 kids)
Perhaps I should have asked, what do you think the experiment is about. Could that be the only "real" hatch or is it another bogus experiment no longer in operation?
I didn't think it was necessarily an experiment. Could just be a secure place to hold prisoners. :shrug:

The only thing we know about the Leader is that Henry Gayle described him as "not a forgiving man". Everyone is terrified of failing him. So he's some kind of hard###. I think Desmond would fit that description. The Intelligence Officer struck me as cunning, but not someone you'd fear in that way. I think it would be somewhat poor writing for it to be him.
You've got to be kidding me. Desmond - at least as we've seen him - does not fit that description.I'll ibet anyone that Desmond is not "him"
Desmond came across as a hard###. I could see him as unforgiving. Desmond could strike fear into people - the kind of fear that Henry Gayle had for him. I mean, Desmond met everyone by holding a gun to them after using a series of mirrors to scout. He had a serious edge to him.
Pretend you're Desmond. You have no contact with any human beings for months/years. You have been lead to believe that everyone outside the hatch suffers from a sickness. All of a sudden, there is a huge explosion and two unknown people rappell down. How do you respond?All of Desmond's other interactions with the other characters do nothing to further the idea that he strikes fear into people. In fact, many of them leave the opposite impression.

The only thing we know about the Leader is that Henry Gayle described him as "not a forgiving man".  Everyone is terrified of failing him.  So he's some kind of hard###.  I think Desmond would fit that description.  The Intelligence Officer struck me as cunning, but not someone you'd fear in that way.  I think it would be somewhat poor writing for it to be him.
Pretend you're Desmond. You have no contact with any human beings for months/years. You have been lead to believe that everyone outside the hatch suffers from a sickness. All of a sudden, there is a huge explosion and two unknown people rappell down. How do you respond?All of Desmond's other interactions with the other characters do nothing to further the idea that he strikes fear into people. In fact, many of them leave the opposite impression.
Hubie Brown - NBA analyst, Lost fan.

That assumes Desmond wasn't pretending to be something he was not when he met the losties. I'm not saying he's a lock to be the leader. I'm saying he's a good candidate.I disagree his interactions do nothing to further the notion.

I also think its possible that Desmond truthfully did shipwreck on this island a long time ago, but at some point became the leader as well. We don't know the history of the Others so its possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree his interactions do nothing to further the notion.
JACK: Why are you running? You don't even know what you're running from?

DESMOND: I remember you -- running -- I know you -- I met you -- Los Angeles. I was training, yeah? You twisted your ankle...

JACK: Stop.

DESMOND: You're a doctor, right? There was this girl -- you were worried -- you said, you said you failed her. That was you.

JACK: It doesn't matter.

DESMOND: Was she okay, the girl?

DESMOND: What happened to her?

DESMOND: How can you say it doesn't matter?

JACK: I married her! [Jack breaks down crying.]

DESMOND: Right, and you're not married to her anymore, then?

[Jack lowers his gun. Desmond goes back to get his pack.]

DESMOND: See you in another life, yeah?
The compassion and interest he shows clearly makes him intimidating. :rolleyes:

3.  Back to the boat.  Recall Sayid saying that they needed to think of an advantage against the others as Michael leads them into the trap.  Might be a little farfetched to think that they can sneak up on them from the sea in a sailboat, but maybe if they do it at night?
I kind of like the 1 if by land, 2 if by sea, Ambush Attack idea.While Michael, Jack, Sawyer, Hurley and Kate "attack" by land, Sayid, Jin and anyone else who can fire a gun could attack from sea.
The others have a motorized boat and this is a sailboat, the Losties would get crushed.
The motorboat never would have found the raft, so even if it is on constant patrol (doubtful), it won't necessarily know about it.Still a longshot that it would work. Sailboats, while quiet, are slow and visible.

That said, I still think Sayid's advantage will be the boat. It just remains to be seen how he uses it.
I like this theory. They don't have to sail straight into the camp. Just sail somewhere to an overland route that might not be monitored as much as those from the losties camp.
Pretty tough to use the boat to attack a camp when you don't know where the camp is. The only way to get there is to follow Michael. My money is on Sayid, Locke, Jin, Charlie & Eko (if they can talk him into it) following the others.

One similarity is that the island appears to be getting weirder and weirder the further along in the story we go. I would expect this to continue.
BGPs post regarding this was much longer but I wanted to focus on this statement.I appreciate your analysis, BGP, but it seems to me that, if anything, things on the island have become less and less weird. We started off Season 1 with giant monsters, the black smoke cloud, etc., and now we're observing interpersonal dynamics, what is evidently a well-coordinated "experiment," etc. I thought Season 1 was much more "weird" than Season 2.

So what is the cliffhanger of the season going to be?

1 - The Losties find the Others camp to only find it abandoned?

2 - The Losties and the Others start a war with one side or both sides killing many people... we dont know who is shot though?

3 - We find out Walt is dead?

4 - The Losties become the "new" Others... they switch sides?

5 - The sailboat is used to leave the island... similar to last season?

6 - We find out Michael or Walt is "him"?

7 - Other

So what are the consensus opinions on who the leader of The Others will be revealed to be? I'm assuming that will occur in the finale (far too many signs have pointed to it for it not to occur IMO). So who's the mysterious "Him" that The Others seem to fear? It would be a major cheat if it wasn't someone we'd already been introduced to.
For some reason I got the feeling that it was the shrink in Hurley's hospital.

Anybody see the preview on ABC tonight. Seemed a lot more revealing than Wednesday nights. This week's episode looks pretty awesome.

Oh no, mirrors! :eek: :lmao:
So you meet some guy holed up in a bunker. He is using a series of mirrors and lights to watch an entrance. He's got guns and pulls it on you the second he catches you. You're reaction is to laugh at him? I'd think not.Maybe the idea is absurd to you, but I don't think you would characterize such a person as a softie.

I hope we truly find out how/why the plane ceashed. I also was lookking forward to seeing things through Vincent. i thought we were going to get a Vincent episode this year.

I hope we truly find out how/why the plane ceashed. I also was lookking forward to seeing things through Vincent. i thought we were going to get a Vincent episode this year.
Yeah, I was looking forward to the Vincent flashback. Figured we'd not only get a glimpse of the cargo hold, but more back story on Walt.Doesn't look like it's going to happen though. I'm sure we'll learn something about the plane...whether it's from Vincent's perspective, I don't know.

Yeah, I was looking forward to the Vincent flashback. Figured we'd not only get a glimpse of the cargo hold, but more back story on Walt.Doesn't look like it's going to happen though. I'm sure we'll learn something about the plane...whether it's from Vincent's perspective, I don't know.
I thought that in one of links a few pages back the producers said that the vincent flashback was a goof or made up. I can't remember if they said they made it up or if it was a rumor that got legs.Anyway, they said in the ABC ad last night that we would find out why the plane crashed. They also had a few other tidbits, but I will white those out, because while still a preview, not everyone might have seen it.

Eko said to Charlie in a panicked way that everyone on the island is going to die in 19 minutes and they were outside of the hatch, so it seems like Eko found something out in the hatch. Jack pins Michael and says "Tell everyone why you did it." So it appears that Jack does heed Sayid's warning and tells the rest of the group. They show Jack telling everyone to run and you can hear the mechanical noises, so the monster appears to be around. They board the boat and then you see Desmond and Locke talking, so Desmond may not be on the boat since we saw Locke leave the beach during the funeral.

Anybody see the preview on ABC tonight. Seemed a lot more revealing than Wednesday nights. This week's episode looks pretty awesome.
Anyone know if the Canadian preview was any different?If so, got a link?

Anyone know if the Canadian preview was any different?If so, got a link?
Hulk usually comes up with those. The preview I saw a couple times last night was just a different preview than the one after last week's show. Some of it was similar, but this time it seemed more directed at a couple things and not as many quick shots.Edited to Add: Just check in tomorrow and Wednesday and I would bet there will be a bunch of links. Also, I think AOL shows some clips as well.

Need a big favor from you LOST fans.

I won't be able to see the season finale on Wednesday. I don't have a VCR and I won't have a DVR again for a couple months. Is there anybody out there that could tape it for me and then somehow either send me the episode. Or even mail me a DVD with the episode.

Thanks I really don't want to miss the season finale.

I thought it was very interesting in the way that Walt asked how Vincent was. Maybe Vincent is the Other's leader :D

I won't be able to see the season finale on Wednesday. I don't have a VCR and I won't have a DVR again for a couple months. Is there anybody out there that could tape it for me and then somehow either send me the episode. Or even mail me a DVD with the episode.

Aren't episodes available on ABC's site the next day?

That would be great.

3.  Back to the boat.  Recall Sayid saying that they needed to think of an advantage against the others as Michael leads them into the trap.  Might be a little farfetched to think that they can sneak up on them from the sea in a sailboat, but maybe if they do it at night?
I kind of like the 1 if by land, 2 if by sea, Ambush Attack idea.While Michael, Jack, Sawyer, Hurley and Kate "attack" by land, Sayid, Jin and anyone else who can fire a gun could attack from sea.
The others have a motorized boat and this is a sailboat, the Losties would get crushed.
The motorboat never would have found the raft, so even if it is on constant patrol (doubtful), it won't necessarily know about it.Still a longshot that it would work. Sailboats, while quiet, are slow and visible.

That said, I still think Sayid's advantage will be the boat. It just remains to be seen how he uses it.
Could be, but I can't imagine the mostly untrained losties being able to fire accurately from a sailboat rocking in the waves into a camp that appears to be a good distance from the shoreline.
Maybe they appropriate old cannons from the Black Rock?Probably not though, as the rocking of the boat would likely cause it to explode.

I'm going to have the worst Lost remorse in the world after the finale next week. As soon as the show is done I will inevitably left wanting more, with a long summer of waiting to follow.
See my signature

Thats Desmonds vaccine that he injected himself with.
Way behind. I will delete if this is discussed. But, interesting point. I wonder if it is really a vaccine and what specific purpose it has if Desmond was taking it regularly.

Guess I should have asked earlier, but I presume no one knows that Michael killed Ana and Libby?
Eko might. It sounded that way from his story that he told Michael.
It certainly was an interesting story to tell at that time. Michael was getting sick afterwards.

Thats gotta be some kind of setup.
Nah, it's Desmond coming back.
It seemed to be drifting more than sailing when they saw it. Something didn't look right to me. If it is Desmond's, why did he not just fix it up when he crashed the first time? Why did he end up in the hatch at all it if the boat was not that badly damaged?

just saw michael on Ellen she grilled him about the finale

- no one dies - but some are "precariously close",

we find out about why the plane crashed, we wont find out who the others are, no one escapes.. maybe missing one or two things in there..
You watch Ellen? :lmao:

Anyone else seeing what is on the key in the preview?  Wonder what that means.

BTW, are previews considered spoilers?  I thought that when they play on national television, they cease to be hidden.
Looks like the swan logo to me. I wonder if that's what caused the lockdown.
I paused it on Tivo.To me, it looked like a logo we haven't seen yet, but I could be wrong.
Pretty sure it's a swan...
Looks like a swan to me.
Thanks for the pic.Yeah, it probably is the swan.

Did we finally confirm that the whole thing is a set up - didn't Walt say something like - "they are not who they appear to be, they're pretending!"
I thought the whole Walt reunion stunk of a setup with Walt being in on it. There were a couple of glances that he threw the lady and a couple of reactions she had that made me think that it was all an act to make sure that Michael brought the four back.
That's not how I read the scene at all. I read it as Cleo threatened Walt with having to stand in the corner or something when Walt started to say things that he was not supposed to, and, like a kid, he shot a nervous glance at the adult and clammed up. It seemed if anything in character.
I was leaning toward this explanation as well.

Thats gotta be some kind of setup.
Nah, it's Desmond coming back.
It seemed to be drifting more than sailing when they saw it. Something didn't look right to me. If it is Desmond's, why did he not just fix it up when he crashed the first time? Why did he end up in the hatch at all it if the boat was not that badly damaged?
It's a test to see if they'll try to leave again. There are probably cameras on the boat.

What do you cats make of them knowing Sawyer's given name, instead of his 'nickname'?

I found that pretty amusing.
Good point. And they know Hurley's real name which is not commonly known except to a few people.

I would, but I don't even own a VCR anymore.

Also, what do Jack, Sawyer, Kate and Hurley have in common?  WHY THEM?
And why not add Locke to the list? Isn't that who Henry said he originally came for when Locke questioned him about not escaping when he had the chance? Unless of course that was just one of Henry's many lies...
Interesting. Maybe they need Henry to get Locke for some reason or believe he will get Locke without Michael's help?

Maybe it's just me, but the one big unanswered question from last night's episode is... Why did Michael kill Anna Lucia? Ms. Clue never asked him to or instructed him that AL had to die. All Michael had to do was bring back Henry, Jack, Sawyer, Kate and Hurley.

Really, IMO, all of Michael's actions have been completely irrational and unrealistic.
I think you answered your own question. But, an interesting point.

Pretty obvious that Michael was sent by the Others to free their man, probably in exchange to let him see Walt or something like that. All these other theories are rather silly.
By the way, when you are going to make a statement like that, which in some cases (zombies, purgatory, clones) is true, be sure to not say something incorrect yourself. ;) If it is obvious that Michael was sent to free Henry, then why does Henry keep saying that the Others will kill him anyway since he failed? Also, why does Michael need to kill AL if he already has the gun and the combo, especially since we have seen him lock people in the armory already? Also, why did he bother staying around the hatch (we saw him in the previews) if he was just there to free Henry?

To me, it is pretty obvious that killing AL was one of the things he had to do since he said he was sorry and thus didn't want to do it. We have no idea at all what his intention are with Henry. He could have shot him or let him go.
You silly silly man. He killed AL and the other chick to cover his tracks.
Cover his tracks, nah, don't buy it. He could have put AL in the armory if he was just there to get Henry. Once he delivers Henry and gets Walt back (your theory above), then he has 2 choices. Stay with the Others, in which case he has no need to cover his tracks. Go back to the survivors, in which case he also has no need to cover his tracks as everyone would not have an issue since he got Walt back.When he said he was sorry, he showed us that he had to kill AL. If he really didn't want to kill her, then he just locks her up.

Oh well, hopefully we will know who is correct before the end of the season. :P
Oh bugs, you silly little man. Don't ever change. :wub:

Probably just a production/editing error...

From a previous episode Zeke says, "Bring her out, Alex!"

And from last night's episode: "Bring her out!"

Also, I thought Alex actually did bring Kate out when we first saw the meeting and last night she stayed to talk to Michael.
I thought that, too.
Yeah, I don't remember him saying "Alex" during the original meeting, but in the recap show they played a few weeks ago, they made it clear that he called her by name and I assumed it was another "change". I believe we've seen minor changes in past scenes before - such as when Boone originally talked on the radio in the plane, you couldn't make out what the response was, but later when they introduced the group from the tail section, the replay of that scene was clearer and you could hear "No, we are the survivors of the Flight 815". So, there's a little inconsistency there. I guess they needed to go back and modify it some to expand the plot. It's all good. :thumbup:
I heard "bring her out Alex" every time.
Exactly. I think I have both episodes Tivo'd so just for fun, I will check them both out. I don't think there was any change except that in one scene Zeke was right there and in another he was not in the scene, so maybe it was a little quieter.I think that the whole "No, we are the survivors of the Flight 815" is another one that people think changed. I don't think it did at all. When we heard Bernard say it, it was clear because he said it. There was static when Boone heard it and people took there own interpretations. I know when I first heard it, I actually thought it was "There were no survivors on Flight 815", but it never changed.
Did you check the Tivo?

That is great.
Fixed. kupcho1 is correct. ABC has a lot of shows, including Alias and Lost for free to download and watch. You can't fast forward the commercials, but I don't think it is 20 minutes of ads per hour like normal TV.Here is the LINK to it.

The guy who took the blood from Michael said, "See you in the funny pages." Why does that sound familiar to me? Did someone else on the show say this before?
Was it me or did that seem like a weird way to take blood?

The guy who took the blood from Michael said, "See you in the funny pages." Why does that sound familiar to me? Did someone else on the show say this before?
What makes you think he was just taking blood? :devil:

How are people still trying to figure out why Michael killed Ana?  Do you need every detail spelled out to you like a 5 year old?  He shot her because he saw the only opportunity to get half of his mission accomplished.  He has no relationship with her, he has been tied and bound to a stump for a week, he is losing his mind, and he wants to get Walt back.  I'm sure the fact that she is a b**** made it a little easier, but it was clear at the time and still clear now, he didn't want to do it, he was scared, and it was simply a means to his desired end.  Playing the only hand that he thinks will safely get his son back....even if he is BATSHAT CRAZY for thinking the Others will honor their promise.

Now seriously.....why are the monitor's in the Pearl Hatch not plasma flat panels?  That's stupid.
:goodposting: I agree that Michael felt he had to kill Anna. Before it didn't make sense to me, but until last night we didn't know that the Others wanted Henry and 4 survivors. Getting the 4 survivors would have been impossible if he just locked Anna up and grabbed Henry. At that point Michael = Henry and they can't trust him at all.

The only other out Michael had was to come clean and try and set a trap like they did for him. Whether or not Walt has turned, the Others set Michael up with the info on the computer because they were waiting for him right on the N path he was taking.
Did Michael have to do this immediately or could he have waited to be alone in the hatch and done it? Did Ms. Clue give him some kind of time line? He seems like he is in an awful big hurry.

Would you have preferred a machete to the arm?

Well, to be a bit more serious at the moment:

What We Know About The OTHERS:

1. They are so committed to whatever cause they have that Henry Gayle was willing to die before giving up any information. Sayid was clearly going to shoot and kill his prisoner to find out the level of commitment, only averted at the last moment.

2. Assuming that Alex is indeed the daughter of the french woman, we can derive some info off of that. Alex is obviously still with the people who took her away from her mother. Not only that, but the Others have her reluctantly running operations on the island. It looks like she has been trained to use a gun as well. All of this tells us the Others suffer from an alarming staffing issue. I mean, if this really was a well-connected, well-funded group, they hire professionals to run these operations, not use the child. Coupled with the fact that the Dharma food drops are continuing, which obviously is a well-funded, well-connected endeavor, I think it would be very bizarre for the Others to equal Dharma.

At the same time, the Others know intimate details of the losties. They know Sawyer's real name. They must have outstanding intel. Or the island is a fake.
Alex sure did seem real interested in how Clair and the baby were doing.

Pretty obvious that Michael was sent by the Others to free their man, probably in exchange to let him see Walt or something like that.  All these other theories are rather silly.
By the way, when you are going to make a statement like that, which in some cases (zombies, purgatory, clones) is true, be sure to not say something incorrect yourself. ;) If it is obvious that Michael was sent to free Henry, then why does Henry keep saying that the Others will kill him anyway since he failed? Also, why does Michael need to kill AL if he already has the gun and the combo, especially since we have seen him lock people in the armory already? Also, why did he bother staying around the hatch (we saw him in the previews) if he was just there to free Henry?

To me, it is pretty obvious that killing AL was one of the things he had to do since he said he was sorry and thus didn't want to do it. We have no idea at all what his intention are with Henry. He could have shot him or let him go.
You silly silly man. He killed AL and the other chick to cover his tracks.
Cover his tracks, nah, don't buy it. He could have put AL in the armory if he was just there to get Henry. Once he delivers Henry and gets Walt back (your theory above), then he has 2 choices. Stay with the Others, in which case he has no need to cover his tracks. Go back to the survivors, in which case he also has no need to cover his tracks as everyone would not have an issue since he got Walt back.When he said he was sorry, he showed us that he had to kill AL. If he really didn't want to kill her, then he just locks her up.

Oh well, hopefully we will know who is correct before the end of the season. :P
Oh bugs, you silly little man. Don't ever change. :wub:
Damn, I couldn't have been more wrong, huh? Well I guess I can take solace in the fact that I don't remember being quoted like that before!Here, let's see if I can save my self respect. ;)

I think my main point was that he wouldn't have killed AL if he was just supposed to free Henry. I knew there was something else, because when he left the hatch the last time, he locked Jack and Locke in the armory. Why kill AL if he just had to free Henry? Even if he got caught by the survivors later, he can easily use his "I had to for Walt" card.

Because he had to get the 4 other survivors as well, I agree 100% now that he had to kill AL and thus Libby to cover his tracks because he wasn't "done" yet and there is no way the 4 survivors go with him if he just freed Henry.

What do you cats make of them knowing Sawyer's given name, instead of his 'nickname'?

I found that pretty amusing.
Good point. And they know Hurley's real name which is not commonly known except to a few people.
I think this is a great point as well and not talked about enough. Real names imply that they know who was on flight 815. That is where Hurley found out Sawyer's real name and even if it was a mole, wouldn't the mole have used the nicknames?I hope Hurley is walking behind Michael and realizes that he never told Michael his real name and then jumps on him and yells "Tsunami!"

Almost impossible to get blood by just blindly stabbing the needle like that.

Probably just a production/editing error...

From a previous episode Zeke says, "Bring her out, Alex!"

And from last night's episode: "Bring her out!"

Also, I thought Alex actually did bring Kate out when we first saw the meeting and last night she stayed to talk to Michael.
I thought that, too.
Yeah, I don't remember him saying "Alex" during the original meeting, but in the recap show they played a few weeks ago, they made it clear that he called her by name and I assumed it was another "change". I believe we've seen minor changes in past scenes before - such as when Boone originally talked on the radio in the plane, you couldn't make out what the response was, but later when they introduced the group from the tail section, the replay of that scene was clearer and you could hear "No, we are the survivors of the Flight 815". So, there's a little inconsistency there. I guess they needed to go back and modify it some to expand the plot. It's all good. :thumbup:
I heard "bring her out Alex" every time.
Exactly. I think I have both episodes Tivo'd so just for fun, I will check them both out. I don't think there was any change except that in one scene Zeke was right there and in another he was not in the scene, so maybe it was a little quieter.I think that the whole "No, we are the survivors of the Flight 815" is another one that people think changed. I don't think it did at all. When we heard Bernard say it, it was clear because he said it. There was static when Boone heard it and people took there own interpretations. I know when I first heard it, I actually thought it was "There were no survivors on Flight 815", but it never changed.
Did you check the Tivo?
No, I had to record Amazing Race's finale. The episode is on ABC.com (I posted the link earlier), so anyone can check it out. If I had it recorded I would have checked, but once I figured out that I didn't I am not going to spend enough time to figure it out, because I didn't hear any difference at all. I heard Alex both times, so I am OK with it.

Any chance this list of 4 that the Others gave Michael is just a ruse of some sort?

I mean, we have it from fake Henry that Walt is too valuable to give up.

So, maybe the others make this second demand with the intention of Michael being unable to fufill it? Maybe they felt these 4 people would be a tough group for him to convince to go with him? That way they get fake Henry back with them, but have to give up nothing since Michael will be unable to bring those 4 to them?

I mean, they had Sawyer, Jack, and Kate (with Locke) surrounded and disarmed in a previous episode. If they really wanted them, they would've taken them then.

I am starting to think the entire intention of that list was simple to sew dissention amongst the losties. And, from the looks of things, that plan is working out well.

Users who are viewing this thread