Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I remember correctly, I mailed a VHS tape to Capella so he could catch up on the first episode.  Sounds like something from 100 years ago...

What about Eko?? I think it was more than just an assumption.

How did Gale know that she killed two "Others"? Did I miss a conversation where she told him? If that's the case, forgive my ignorance.

This thread is getting embarrassing.

[making excuses] It's difficult to dicuss theories when you know that it is all about to change in less than 6 hours! Edited by I95

:goodposting:

There has only been one full Lost Finale day EVER. How could it be the best day of the year? You people are setting yourselves up for a BIG fall.

Sorry, but I'm excited for it.

Its like a big nerd party in my pants.

I wasn't let down last year. I expect the same level of awesomeness this year.

LOST is strong with the awesome.

As for embarassment... um, no one on here knows who I am, so its kinda hard to be embarassed. Its not like I'm walking around my office saying this. Hell, I don't even admit to people that I post on a message board.

There has only been one full Lost Finale day EVER. How could it be the best day of the year? You people are setting yourselves up for a BIG fall.

This will not be a repeat of the Matrix 2 fallout. :unsure:

This will not be a repeat of the Matrix 2 fallout. :unsure:

I'm not saying it won't be good--I will be watching with interest. However, this is a TV show and saying that watching the season finale is the highlight of your year is embarrassing IMO.

I'm not saying it won't be good--I will be watching with interest. However, this is a TV show and saying that watching the season finale is the highlight of your year is embarrassing IMO.

Is saying that your fantasy football draft is the highlight of your year less embarassing?

I get excited for a fictional tv show. I'm comforable with it.

I'm not saying it won't be good--I will be watching with interest.  However, this is a TV show and saying that watching the season finale is the highlight of your year is embarrassing IMO.

Is saying that your fantasy football draft is the highlight of your year less embarassing?

Yes, because the draft involves interacting with other humans. However, I've never said that a fantasy draft is the highlight of my year.

Things that would rank higher for me are spending time with my kids and wife, family and friends.

No, but to not include playoff & championship days says something about your fantasy skills.

:)

I've made the playoffs the last 5 years and only one once.

So, yes, that can be more painful than joyful.

This past year, I had a huge lead going into Monday night, and he only had Laverneous Coles left. His two touchdown game tied our score, and he ended up winning on the tie breaker. Can't say that was a good day.

Things that would rank higher for me are spending time with my kids and wife, family and friends.

Those things are important to me. However, I do them all of the time. I only watch the LOST finale once a year. Hence, it is more of an event that I can get excited for.

Yes, because the draft involves interacting with other humans. However, I've never said that a fantasy draft is the highlight of my year.

:fishing:

How infrequently do you spend time with your friends and family that its the highlight of the year? :confused: I spend time with them every day, and love doing so, but the FFL draftonly comes once a year and is one thing that I start looking forward to in March. I can't say "Ooo, I can't wait for Aug 16th because I get to hang with my family"

Those things are important to me. However, I do them all of the time. I only watch the LOST finale once a year. Hence, it is more of an event that I can get excited for.

It is all in fun, but someone taking your post seriously thinking that if a family member was on their deathbed, you would tell them, wait until the finale is over, then I will come over. That is taking posting on an Internet forum way too seriously.

Oh well, I am really looking forward to the finale as well.

:fishing:

How infrequently do you spend time with your friends and family that its the highlight of the year? :confused: I spend time with them every day, and love doing so, but the FFL draftonly comes once a year and is one thing that I start looking forward to in March. I can't say "Ooo, I can't wait for Aug 16th because I get to hang with my family"

I was thinking the same thing. In fact, my wife and kids are just as excited about tonight as I am. My 9 year old daughter has read every Lost magazine from cover to cover. They love it when I come home with all the "tidbits" from this site.

So yes, it's certainly a highlight for me.

More interesting spoilers.

No idea if they are real or not.

LOST FINALE REVEALED

This is what happens on the Season Finale:

Survivors think they are being rescued when they see the boat. Jack swims out to the boat. Desmond is inside the bunker. They bring him ashore. Desmond has tons of booze with him. And a dark secret. Jack asks him where he was, what he did.... During the 23 days he was gone, Desmond managed to fix his sailboat and sail off the island. Jack asks him what he isn't telling them. We get FLASHBACKS of Desmond's life before the island, and when he first crashed there. Notable points here would be that Desmond was married to a girl named Penny, Libby was married to Charles Widmore, and Desmond borrowed Libby's boat for 200 grand for his race around the world. Desmond also made the glow-in-the-dark map in the hatch. And Kelvin is, or was, the twin of a certain Joe Inamn, CIA man from Sayid's flashbacks. We see Kelvin drag Desmond to the hatch, type in the button, show Desmond the film, and Desmond begins pushing the button as well. Present day, At night Jack and Sayid come up with a plan involving Desmond's boat. Desmond disappears off into the jungle, heading for the hatch. The next day, Jack and gang load up to go. The 5 survivors depart. Charlie tells Hurley good luck. Michael leads them off. In the hatch, Eko continues to push the button. Locke enters and they talk. Locke laughs that he still pushes the button. Eko says he is a man of faith. Jack Kate Michael Sawyer and Hurley make their way though the jungle. They begin to pass though what Hurley says is the Dark Territory. There are MANY fallen trees around them. They camp for the night. Michael talks about how these people have harmed the survivors, particularly the 5 of them. Killed Shannon Libby, etc. etc. Locke and Eko are having their discussion in the hatch. Locke argues with Eko on how he thought this place was destinty, that the island built him up just to knock him down, it is all an experiment. Locke tells him he plans to see what happens when the button reaches zero once and for all. He wants to make sure he is right. Eko doesn't agree with this. Desmond reaches the hatch and talks with Locke and Eko inside. He seems pissed. Asks Locke if he continued to push the button. Locke says yes. Desmond doesn't believe that Locke pushed it. Atop one of the hills, Jack and gang find a big pile of tubes from the Pearl hatch. Michael tells them they aren't far now and gotta keep going. He leads them to the the spot where Zeke and The Others captured him. THE WHISPERING RETURNS. They begin to hear whispering. LOTS of it this time. Jack yells out that it's a trap when he spots one of them in the trees. They all open fire on, it would seem they are surrounded. There is another lockdown inside the hatch. We don't know why, but could this be some sort of final test? Locke is trapped inside the Geodome with Desmond. Eko is locked out. Eko yells at Locke that he can't let the timer reach zero, but Locke has other ideas. The timer is at 107 minutes. Bernard talks with Claire and the baby, inquiring on what the vaccine is for. Claire explains to him, they bond. Sayid talks with Jin and Sun. He formulates a plan with Jin. Sun translates for him. Jin understands. Eko seeks Charlie's help on the situation in the hatch. He rushes to the beach and tells him they need to go gather the dynamite Charlie knows where it is. In the Hatch, Desmond and Locke argue about the button. Locke tells Desmond the button is not real, that it was all an experiment of the Dharma Initiative. Desmond screams at him "Don't tell me it isn't real!" Desmond tells Locke that he sailed away from the island. He was going to get them all rescued. But that when he reached land, he discovered THERE WAS NO HUMANITY left. Desmond says that the entire world was not there. There was absolutely nothing. He believes that the button is to blame, calling back to what the original Dharma film said. Locke is shaken by this, but thinks Desmond is crazy. The timer is at 43 minutes by now. Eko and Charlie gather dynamite from the stash and run to the hatch. Eko plans to blow the blast door. Charlie thinks he's off his rocker. Eko believes Desmond that the timer DOES do something when it reaches zero. Meanwhile Jack and gang are all been captured by The Others. They are being led back to the village. Jin and Sayid have taken Desmond's boat and followed Rousseau's map along the shoreline to where Sayid believes could be the location of The Others. They spot the giant rock with the hole in it. Sayid sneaks up along the rocks with his gun, Jin trails him. To make it short, they interrupt the party and attack The Others. A fight ensues. Sawyer fights Zeke, and rips his fake beard off. Gives a funny quip here. SAYID IS SHOT, straight in the chest and falls back into the water. As chaos ensues in the camp, Michael sneaks up to the door in the cliff. There's a Dharma symbol resembling just a door. One of the guards guarding is shot. Michael enters in and closes it behind him. Inside this room is the BIG reveal. Back at the hatch, The timer is at 23 minutes. Eko and Charlie enter in with the dynamite. Set it. Locke and Desmond argue inside as the timer reaches 15 minutes, 8 minutes, 4 minutes. The beeping starts up real loud. Eko blows the blast doors; Charlie is knocked against the cement wall unconscious. Eko runs in to push the button before the time runs out. Locke has knocked Desmond out unconscious with Eko's Jesus stick. Locke and Eko come to fists. Locke beats Eko to the ground. He takes the stick and SMASHES THE COMPUTER. It's busted. So now there's no stopping the timer. At the Others camp, Jack Kate Sawyer and Hurley seem to have overpowered The Others. Inside The Door. Michael finds Walt in here, but is confronted by the FAKE HENRY GALE. Fenry tells Michael everything about what he is seeing right now, I won't tell you this as I don't want to spoil this surprise at least. But it involvers 3 other people, the plane crash, Hanso, and a key. There's a SINGLE monitoring TV inside this room as well. It's a monitor for Station 3. Fenry tells Michael that he needs leave the island now if he wants to escape with Walt. The boat is ready for him in a back exit. The Timer at the hatch reaches ZERO. Something DOES happen. What is it?? You'll see. And so does Michael and Walt as they escape the island with the boat, leaving everyone else behind. If you are to believe Desmond, they will find nothing else left.

Source: Here

I'm calling BS on this one.

Season 3 interview

http://www.eonline.com/Insider/Boards/ann.jspa?annID=563

JG: You have a lot of boys on the show, and very few girls at this point. Would you guys intentionally correct that imbalance, um, I

assume the story has to tell you how to do it, but how would you approach maybe getting more--

CC: Well, I mean, we haven't met all of the Others, and we haven't met all of the survivors of the plane crash yet.

:excited: A third group???

Watching the recap in the background and think I have an answer on the "why did the light come one when Locke was pounding on the hatch and yelling 'why me?'"

I think it was a routine test Desmond was doing. I noticed during the recap that the huge explosion that ripped the hatch open was a low rumble with some dust falling to Desmond. He didn't hear Locke pounding and screaming...he was just doing a routine test on the lights to make sure they work.

I know the question had been asked here and never saw a good answer.

Not much else to do waiting for the real stuff to start....

I for one get more excited about my local FFB draft day than I do for Christmas. Christmas is almost like a job nowadays to me. I know what I'm getting most of the time anyway.

The part about the Lost finale though, I'd have to disagree with however.

What was the last word Desmond said when he was talkign about "this is all there is?" I didn't catch what he yelled.

Oh, and what was the Dickinson book title?

I believe it was Dickens (as in Charles Dickens), although I do not know what the title was.

What was the last word Desmond said when he was talkign about "this is all there is?"  I didn't catch what he yelled.

I believe it was Dickens (as in Charles Dickens), although I do not know what the title was.

:doh:

I work with a Dickinson...

What was the last word Desmond said when he was talkign about "this is all there is?" I didn't catch what he yelled.

I think it was Our Mutual Friend.

Clancy Brown is in tonight's episode.

Pretty much a scumbag in every movie he's ever been in.

He'll be the 'heavy'.....

....is that the wife from "Mind of the Married Man" that was Desmond's old girlfriend?

He's the intel officer from season 1...

Clancy Brown is in tonight's episode.

Pretty much a scumbag in every movie he's ever been in.

He'll be the 'heavy'.....

....is that the wife from "Mind of the Married Man" that was Desmond's old girlfriend?

He's the intel officer from season 1...

:eek: He's also Kelvin!

Can't believe Hurley didn't pancake Michael into the stream and lay on him has he drowned...

BTW, in case any missed the obvious, that was not Agent Cathrine Willows from CSI...that was Libby that gave Desmond the boat.

Have we seen Desmond's gf before?

Hey I missed the first half hour. What happened? How did Desmond show up?

Thanks

In the sailboat...drunk and shooting at Jack, Sawyer and Sayid when they boarded (he couldn't see them...he was below deck).

Thanks

Desmond was in the boat. Said he sailed west for weeks, but ended up back on the island.

He's had a few flashbacks so far. He was imprisoned and dishonorably discharged from the British military. He entered the race around the world because it was sponsored by a man who wouldnt let him see his daughter anymore.

In another flashback, we meet Kelvin who is the US intelligence officer from one of Sayid's flashbacks.

Locke convinces Desmond to help him stop Eko from entering the numbers. They play tricks with power and induce another lockdown, locking Eko out of the computer room. Eko is getting Charlie to take him to the Black Rock to get dynamite.

Thanks

Desmond was in the boat. Said he sailed west for weeks, but ended up back on the island.

He's had a few flashbacks so far. He was imprisoned and dishonorably discharged from the British military. He entered the race around the world because it was sponsored by a man who wouldnt let him see his daughter anymore.

In another flashback, we meet Kelvin who is the US intelligence officer from one of Sayid's flashbacks.

Locke convinces Desmond to help him stop Eko from entering the numbers. They play tricks with power and induce another lockdown, locking Eko out of the computer room. Eko is getting Charlie to take him to the Black Rock to get dynamite.

thanks

Thanks

thanks

No problem.

Also, Sayid, Jin, and Sun are in the boat in an attempt to get intel on the Others for Jack, Sawyer, Kate, Hurley, and Michael. They [sayid, Jin, and Sun] saw more ruins: a foot from an enormous statue, with only 4 toes.

I don't like Michael anymore.

He needs to die. It's the only logical ending for his character. No way he can return to the Losties. That was apparent after he killed Ana-Lucia and Libby; it's even more apparent now.

I'm guessing he's an other now.

Man, the Pearl hatch held a lot of those damn canisters...