What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (3 Viewers)

Another thing about Henry supposedly being the leader.

When Sayid was about to shoot and kill him (and there's no doubt he would have followed through) why did Henry plea that Sayid had no idea what HE will do to Henry if he answered Sayid's questions? There's that HE again.

Last edited by a moderator:

When Sayid was about to shoot and kill him (and there's no doubt he would have followed through) why did Henry plea that Sayid had no idea what HE will do to Henry if he answered Sayid's questions? There's that HE again.
Just a trick. Nearly everything Henry said was a lie and everything he did was to manipulate. He's definitely the leader of The Others.

Fabulous episode - really tied a lot of stuff together.

You Lost freeks are gonna hate me for saying this, but they just jumped the shark.

No way they can top the last few weeks.
:bs: You're not welcome here. Get out Levin.
Sorry - but if you don't see it, you are blind.Where do they go from here? The mystery of the Hatches is pretty much solved. The only thing left is confrontation with the Others - which is, IMO, fairly derivative, and not very interesting.

Sorry guys, I sincerely doubt they can top what we saw the last 4-6 weeks. Still will be a good show - better than mnost everything on TV - buit I think we just saw the best episodes they can do.

They are now on the back side of the story's arc - a story the creators admitted has an end.

I predict two more seasons.
ok
I think there is some merit to that. There's lots of stories that begin with a very narrow focus. Gradually, you pull back and encompass more and more of the big picture. But eventually, the storyline tires out as the initial mystery is gone.
Pretty close to how I feel about it.The most interesting storyline from the entire first two seasons has been, pretty much, wrapped up - for me anyway.

Not like I don;t think the show will be great, but th emost interesting thing to me was the mystery of the hatches.
Do you know what all the hatches are for?Do you know why the electromagnetism is being created?
No - but those are now minor mysteries for me.Just disagree - don't try to talk me into a mystery that isn't there for me. Having every little iota figured out isn't the MOST interesting thing - it's just finishing up the story.

Like I said, I feel the Lost overall storyline just hit a downward arc. It'll have to become a radically different show for me to feel like it is back on an upward arc.

When Sayid was about to shoot and kill him (and there's no doubt he would have followed through) why did Henry plea that Sayid had no idea what HE will do to Henry if he answered Sayid's questions?  There's that HE again.
Just a trick. Nearly everything Henry said was a lie and everything he did was to manipulate. He's definitely the leader of The Others.
yeah, but until this episode, Zeke was apparently the leaderI think there is a character yet to be introduced who is really the leader.

Pretty close to how I feel about it.

The most interesting storyline from the entire first two seasons has been, pretty much, wrapped up - for me anyway.

Not like I don;t think the show will be great, but th emost interesting thing to me was the mystery of the hatches.
You use the term jump the shark and the fact that the shark had a dharma logo doesn't interest you at all? What about the black smokey mind-reading nanobots? What about the four toed Alexander the Great statue?And you call yourself a moderator?

Do you know what all the hatches are for?

Do you know why the electromagnetism is being created?
No - but those are now minor mysteries for me.Just disagree - don't try to talk me into a mystery that isn't there for me. Having every little iota figured out isn't the MOST interesting thing - it's just finishing up the story.

Like I said, I feel the Lost overall storyline just hit a downward arc. It'll have to become a radically different show for me to feel like it is back on an upward arc.
Then why are you posting? Seriously. Do you feel better about yourself by telling us that you are no longer interested in what we are?

But at that point, what is Henry manipulating? He was going to DIE. It was only averted because Anna hit Sayid's arm as he fired the gun meant to kill him. If the leader is dead, what is left to manipulate? No, there's someone else. Or that scene makes no sense.

When Sayid was about to shoot and kill him (and there's no doubt he would have followed through) why did Henry plea that Sayid had no idea what HE will do to Henry if he answered Sayid's questions?  There's that HE again.
yeah, but until this episode, Zeke was apparently the leader
I thought Zeke referred to a superior during Claire's flashback in the hatch.

But I'm going to keep with the show until it's answered. :)
we're in agreement on that.I'm not saying I'm done with the show.Just that it seems to be headed to the backside arc, not continuing up. A new storyline would have to emerge for me to see another upward arc.

yeah, but until this episode, Zeke was apparently the leaderI think there is a character yet to be introduced who is really the leader.
:rolleyes: Do yourself a favor and move along.

yeah, but until this episode, Zeke was apparently the leader
But in the Claire abduction episode Zeke clearly let it be known that someone else was the leader during his conversation with Ethan.
I think there is a character yet to be introduced who is really the leader.
I don't. Henry played the part of the leader perfectly and I think he began doing so while he was captured. He was my No. 1 suspect for weeks. He's the guy. :yes:

Well how do we know that Henry wasn't lying? That's what they do, lie.

But at that point, what is Henry manipulating? He was going to DIE. It was only averted because Anna hit Sayid's arm as he fired the gun meant to kill him. If the leader is dead, what is left to manipulate? No, there's someone else. Or that scene makes no sense.
Who's to say he didn't know that Sayid and Ana were running a "good cop/bad cop" game on him? He was one step ahead of them at every turn. He predicted every move they would make. And if there is a grander purpose to be served perhaps he believed that his sacrifice would serve that ultimate purpose. That's a pretty strong definition of a leader.

Gotcha, you don't even watch the show do you? You just read this thread and pretend, you have been working on this shtick for 2 seasons, man that is dedication.For your information, Zeke and Ethan talked about Him and how Ethan kidnapping Claire wasn't in the plans and would tick Him off, and that was weeks ago.

Henry is clearly the leader based on Zeke's response to him about why he didn't have the beard on.

Something that was touched on but nobody addressed. The electromagnetic event was random in when it occured yet all along they writers have given the impression that the castaways were not a random group (due to the various connections in thier pre-island story).

So either they apparently made an error or the crash was random but the passengers on flight 815 were not random. Which could lead to a whole other mystery.

Because that scene with henry was different. Sayid at that point was prepared to kill his prisoner to make SURE he knew what his last words were. It was the only way to get useful info from him. He was going to kill him and Anna stopped him at the last second.

Henry wasn't the apparent leader, either, until the last 5 minutes if this episode.You all are VERY harsh in this thread to anyone posting whio isn't on top of every nuance.

Maybe I should rename this thread the "official hardcore Lost fan thread" and make another thread for folks who just want to talk about the show.

Heck, the 'pranos thread is significantly more permissive than this one.

Because that scene with henry was different. Sayid at that point was prepared to kill his prisoner to make SURE he knew what his last words were. It was the only way to get useful info from him. He was going to kill him and Anna stopped him at the last second.
It was different from what?

Something that was touched on but nobody addressed. The electromagnetic event was random in when it occured yet all along they writers have given the impression that the castaways were not a random group (due to the various connections in thier pre-island story).

So either they apparently made an error or the crash was random but the passengers on flight 815 were not random. Which could lead to a whole other mystery.
I don't think the crash was random at all. I think that plane and those people were meant to be on that island. There are too many things pointing in that direction.

It was different from being interrogated. He was no longer in interrogation mode. He was in execution mode. Without a doubt, if Anna doesn't hit his arm, Sayid kills Henry. At that point, Henry is no longer offering BS, he is bargaining for his life.

Something that was touched on but nobody addressed.  The electromagnetic event was random in when it occured yet all along they writers have given the impression that the castaways were not a random group (due to the various connections in thier pre-island story).

So either they apparently made an error or the crash was random but the passengers on flight 815 were not random.  Which could lead to a whole other mystery.
I don't think the crash was random at all. I think that plane and those people were meant to be on that island. There are too many things pointing in that direction.
But how could they have known Desmond wouldn't push the button at that point in time?And on another note, if that magnet pulled a plane out of the air, that hatch would have imploded first.

It was different from being interrogated. He was no longer in interrogation mode. He was in execution mode. Without a doubt, if Anna does hit his arm, Sayid kills Henry. At that point, Henry is no longer offering BS, he is bargaining for his life.
But what if he's willing to die for his cause (whatever his cause may be)? That's certainly a possibility, right? :bye:

Henry wasn't the apparent leader, either, until the last 5 minutes if this episode.You all are VERY harsh in this thread to anyone posting whio isn't on top of every nuance.

Maybe I should rename this thread the "official hardcore Lost fan thread" and make another thread for folks who just want to talk about the show.

Heck, the 'pranos thread is significantly more permissive than this one.
As 12 other people have pointed out, Zeke[Tom] talked about HIM.Badmouth me/us all you want, but if your going to come in and talk #### about a show we all enjoy watching, we're going to defend the show. And if you get :own3d: in the process, dont blame us...

It was different from being interrogated. He was no longer in interrogation mode. He was in execution mode. Without a doubt, if Anna does hit his arm, Sayid kills Henry. At that point, Henry is no longer offering BS, he is bargaining for his life.
But what if he's willing to die for his cause (whatever his cause may be)? That's certainly a possibility, right? :bye:
But if that's the case, then the organization Henry and the others belong to is BIGGER than Henry. And that means Henry is NOT the leader. Henry in your scenario is a pawn, willing to be sacrificed in the chess game.

But if that's the case, then the organization Henry and the others belong to is BIGGER than Henry.
I think that's a given.
And that means Henry is NOT the leader. Henry in your scenario is a pawn, willing to be sacrificed in the chess game.
Of the grand project, whatever it may be, perhaps not. Of The Others on the island? I think he absolutely is.

But then why would they send the leader of the entire operation to do whatever it was Henry was supposed to do? Not worth the risk at all if.I will be extremely shocked and somewhat disappointed if Henry does turn out to be the leader.

ETA what BGP said.

But if that's the case, then the organization Henry and the others belong to is BIGGER than Henry. And that means Henry is NOT the leader. Henry in your scenario is a pawn, willing to be sacrificed in the chess game.
Leaders are never willing to die? I think you're probably right that there is someone higher than Henry, but we don't know enough yet to completely dismiss Henry as the leader. :nerd:

Henry is clearly the leader based on Zeke's response to him about why he didn't have the beard on.
No shizzee.
Gotcha, you don't even watch the show do you? You just read this thread and pretend, you have been working on this shtick for 2 seasons, man that is dedication.
No call for being rude. I admit I didn't watch every epsidoe fifteen times to pick up every little nuance - or participate in this thread to follow much - that shouldn't call for this type of attitude.I have watched every episode - missed a few minutes here and there over the month of April - but I have seen every episode.

No - I don't have every friggin' comment memorized.

but if your going to come in and talk #### about a show we all enjoy watching,
Dude - I did NOT badmouth the show.I actually commented on how GREAT the last bunch of weeks were - ands how GREAT I thought this season closer was - I just feel the show hit the backside of an arc.Now you hardcore fans are jumping down my throat.

But if that's the case, then the organization Henry and the others belong to is BIGGER than Henry.
I think that's a given.
And that means Henry is NOT the leader. Henry in your scenario is a pawn, willing to be sacrificed in the chess game.
Of the grand project, whatever it may be, perhaps not. Of The Others on the island? I think he absolutely is.
If he turns out to be the leader, then it was a poorly written scene. That's all I can tell you. I mean, you are willing to believe Zeke when he mentions off the cuff in the medical hatch that there is a him, that there is someone higher up than he is. But When Henry has a GUN pointed at him by an ex-military guy who is ready to execute him, and he starts screaming about a higher up, that is obviously to you a mind game? poorly, poorly written if that is the case. The MOST believable mention of a higher up in the other's ranks is by Henry, period.

Dude - I did NOT badmouth the show.I actually commented on how GREAT the last bunch of weeks were - ands how GREAT I thought this season closer was - I just feel the show hit the backside of an arc.

Now you hardcore fans are jumping down my throat.
Right, claiming a show has jumped the shark is a compliment.Like I said before, do yourself a favor and move along.

What about that CGI'd green bird screaming Hurley's name twice...it sounded just like Walt..as in Walt, I made a bird fly into my window once, Walt.

The MOST believable mention of a higher up in the other's ranks is by Henry, period.
That's how I took the interrogation a few weeks ago, too.I think we get a new character next year more powerful than Henry.

I think that's a given.
If he turns out to be the leader, then it was a poorly written scene. That's all I can tell you. I mean, you are willing to believe Zeke when he mentions off the cuff in the medical hatch that there is a him, that there is someone higher up than he is. But When Henry has a GUN pointed at him by an ex-military guy who is ready to execute him, and he starts screaming about a higher up, that is obviously to you a mind game?
Absolutely. Everything Henry had done was a mind game. He had manipulated the Losties at every turn and as I said before he was one step ahead of them every time. I don't see that as bad writing at all; I see it as very strong writing in terms of creating a layered character whose primary motivation is one of deception.

What about that CGI'd green bird screaming Hurley's name twice...it sounded just like Walt..as in Walt, I made a bird fly into my window once, Walt.
Yah that's pretty much impossible to figure out right now. We don't understand what the monster is. We don't understand the psychic phenommenon. It doesn't seem like something that can be explained by magnetics.

I think that's a given.
If he turns out to be the leader, then it was a poorly written scene. That's all I can tell you. I mean, you are willing to believe Zeke when he mentions off the cuff in the medical hatch that there is a him, that there is someone higher up than he is. But When Henry has a GUN pointed at him by an ex-military guy who is ready to execute him, and he starts screaming about a higher up, that is obviously to you a mind game?
Absolutely. Everything Henry had done was a mind game. He had manipulated the Losties at every turn and as I said before he was one step ahead of them every time. I don't see that as bad writing at all; I see it as very strong writing in terms of creating a layered character whose primary motivation is one of deception.
I completely disagree with that assessment. Its very, very, weak and inconsistent writing.

Dude - I did NOT badmouth the show.I actually commented on how GREAT the last bunch of weeks were - ands how GREAT I thought this season closer was - I just feel the show hit the backside of an arc.

Now you hardcore fans are jumping down my throat.
Right, claiming a show has jumped the shark is a compliment.Like I said before, do yourself a favor and move along.
Dude - you are being WAY oversensitive.For someone who is obviously able to follow the most mundanje details, maybe you should follow the thread - last page I acknowledged the phrase was poor choice and I altered it to "backside of the arc." Much more accurate description of what I meant.

I think that's a given.
And that means Henry is NOT the leader.  Henry in your scenario is a pawn, willing to be sacrificed in the chess game.
So then what happens if Sayid does shoot him. Are you saying he somehow "knew" Sayid, some crazy guy who nearly beat him to death, wouldn't shoot? I don't buy it.

I think that's a given.
So then what happens if Sayid does shoot him. Are you saying he somehow "knew" Sayid, some crazy guy who nearly beat him to death, wouldn't shoot? I don't buy it.
Sayid DID shoot. The gun discharged into the floor or the wall because Anna hit his arm. Henry, the supposed "leader" should be dead.

Users who are viewing this thread