What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (7 Viewers)

Lets look at the credible threat levels of the known Others. We do this by looking at their personal accomplishments / successes.

Zeke:

+ Led the group that took Walt.

+ Blew up the losties' makeshift boat.

+ Personally captured Michael in the open field (with a sling no less! Nice shot!)

+ Caught Kate

+ Was outmanned by Jack's group but used torches to fake Jack out and thus successfully took the guns from Jack's group as well as forced them to return from where they came.

Cleo:

NONE

Ethan:

+ Infiltrated the fuselage group for some time before being exposed.

+ Captured Claire.

Alex:

+ Freed Claire from the clutches of the Others, allowing her to return to the losties.

Other of the tailies' group

+ Infiltrated the tailies for some time.

+ I believe he killed one of them in the nite (the guy in the pit) but I'm not sure.

Henry:

NONE

Sometimes leaders are written to be weak and incompetant. But in THIS storyline, it has been emphasized that the leader of the others is a "great man". He is feared by fellow Others. Zeke was afraid of him, and Zeke is portrayed as being extremely competant and credible! Zeke has never even failed once!

If the writers seriously have chosen Henry to be the leader, it just makes no sense. His character is not consistent in any way with the storyline we've been through. Henry has no accomplishments whatsoever, and even if you believe he somehow tweaked the relationship between Jack and Locke a little bit, that is nowhere on the credibility level of Zeke.

The storyline falls apart and the show becomes a joke.
No! It is known that "HE" is a great man. We don't know that HE is the leader of the others. He could be the leader of another group that the Others fear.

Sorry if this is pointing out the obvious but the girl in the Others that helped Claire escape and was nice to Michael when he was captured....thats Rosseau's child, right?

Locke is a complete dummy.
Did you mean to say "dummy" or did you get language-filtered?
I did mean to say dummy. No other word can describe him better.I could stand on the Golden Gate Bridge with locke and tell him I have a magic nickel with mystical powers. Then I could toss it off the side, and I'm certain he'd scream like a woman and then fall over the side in hot pursuit.

I hope he dies. :thumbdown:
His character really took a turn for the worse. From the badass outdoorsman who knew how to do everything, to a pathetic gullible sap. :(
agreed...one of my favorite characters during the first episodes.

Sorry if this is pointing out the obvious but the girl in the Others that helped Claire escape and was nice to Michael when he was captured....thats Rosseau's child, right?
Yes.
My problem with Alex (Rousseau's Girl) is that she was supposedly taken very shortly after birth. That would mean that she has spent her entire life with The Others. Yet, she tells Claire (I think?) that "They're not who they say they are". How would she possibly know this, if the had been with them her entire life?

Yes.
My problem with Alex (Rousseau's Girl) is that she was supposedly taken very shortly after birth. That would mean that she has spent her entire life with The Others. Yet, she tells Claire (I think?) that "They're not who they say they are". How would she possibly know this, if the had been with them her entire life?
Because she sees them pretending.

Was she just referencing the beard and fake names?

I still don't understand the point of doing that unless one of the Losties has had a past with Zeke and Zeke doesn't want him to recognize him.

The way I looked at that is that Dharma are the bad guys (playing all the mind games and psychological experiments) and the Others really are the good guys.  The Others have figured out Dharma's game and are refusing to play buy it.
YOU'RE RIGHT!!!They're fighting Dharma by kidnapping people in the middle of the night right after their plane crashed.
In the Episode "the Other 48 Days" Ana Lucia asks Goodwin why she wasn't on the list and he responds with something like "You aren't good enough." Is it possible that the Others are actually some morality police and are saving the children and the innocent people while letting the "bad people" eventually die?

Yes.
But if you spent your ENTIRE life around it, and never lived any differently, wouldn't that just seem "normal" to you?

Yes.
But if you spent your ENTIRE life around it, and never lived any differently, wouldn't that just seem "normal" to you?
If I spent my entire life around people and then they started wearing fake beards and wearing crappy clothes when they talked to strangers, I think I would figure it out.

Quick note on the pair of observers at the end of the show. From Begging to Differ:

According to the closed-captioning, they were speaking Portuguese.
They we're definitly speaking Portuguese.Friend of mine at work speaks fluent Portuguese and understood every word.

Also, he said they were not from Brasil, but from Portugal.

They were NOT russians!
Then how come they looked like russians?
i thought they were french, until I figured out they were scientists
It was actually Brazilian Portuguese.

One other question for those trying to come up with realistic logical explanations for things. How are they ever going to explain Hurley winning the lottery with the numbers?
magic numbers?Seriously I think they're going to have to end up explaining a lot of things as "fate", which might be a bit disappointing.

I don't think he was incompetent - he definitely split Locke and Jack, and he got a lot of information while inside. He got Michael in and out, and got Anna Lucia killed  - and I'm sure he wanted that done for a while.

I REALLY don't think he meant to be captured, though - how would he know Rousseau would turn him over to the Lost folks instead of assassinating him herself?
So you are saying his great plan was to drive a wedge between Jack and Locke for a few days before they caught on to his plan, found out he was a fake, and thus the wedge vanished, and then for Sayid to decide to shoot and kill him but of course he knew someone would hit Sayid's arm and prevent it at the last moment? Great plan. :rolleyes:

Henry is a moron.
I don't think he's incompetent or a moron, but I also don't think he meant to get caught. I think he did the best he could after he got caught.Doesn't matter anyway - he's free and he's the apparent leader of the Others.
Caught or caught out?I think he meant to be found in the net by the survivors. I don't think he expected his cover story to be blown. If Kate and company have figured out that dolls = trap, don't you think the others have?
Isn't it possible that Rosseau used more than one type of trap and changed methods frequently?

Yes.
I can say with confidence, no. I grew up with parents I knew were living two lives: one they wanted people to believe and the real way they were, which was usually only shown in the home. I knew it was wrong and gave warnings very similar to Alex's.

Yes.
I can say with confidence, no. I grew up with parents I knew were living two lives: one they wanted people to believe and the real way they were, which was usually only shown in the home. I knew it was wrong and gave warnings very similar to Alex's.
But you also saw the outside world, had access to see how other people lived, etc. Alex would not have had that (that we know of).

Yes.
But you also saw the outside world, had access to see how other people lived, etc. Alex would not have had that (that we know of).
I still think you could tell that they were not being who they said they were. Why you would tell an outsider, I am not sure. But, she did.

regarding the plane that crashes after the credits - they are saying it is the same scene in the promo for the season finale:

I think the first 7 episodes will include the "kidnapped" Lost characters with the Others. At least that is what the commercials for this season look like.

I missed the Tailies episode earlier this fall, can somebody clear something up for me.Have the others ever actually killed someone from the plane, or have they just kidnapped them?I know that Ethan killed Scott(?) from the original group, just not sure if there have been any other killings.
Pretty sure Ethan tried to kill Charlie but was unsuccessful.

Widmore is involved with the island somehow and made sure Desmond ended up there.  However, the island was built long before Desmond met his daughter.
Of course he is involved with the island, even on Hanso's web site and the Gary Troup book (aardball's post) they link Hanso to Widmore, but Widmore is the construction company.I don't think he had anything to do with making Desmond end up on the island. Desmond was the one who thought the whole thing up about racing just to spite Mr. Widmore and become something other than a coward.

Unless we find out Libby is somehow connected to Widmore (big stretch since Libby lives in LA, thus institutionalized with Hurley) and Widmore is a UK company, then Mr. Widmore probably didn't even know what Desmond was up to. Remember, Penny had to find Desmond, so as far as Mr. Widmore was concerned, Desmond wasn't even in Penny's life when he was already training for the race.
Wasn't Widmore the name of the home pregnancy test that Sun took? I thought other stuff had that name on it too...
And one character(Kate I think) even asked "Why would they even have a pregnancy test on a plane?"

regarding the plane that crashes after the credits - they are saying it is the same scene in the promo for the season finale:

Yea, pretty unlikely they go 7 full episodes without the stars of the show. ABC would probably step in then.

I could believe Zeke is the leader before Henry at this point.
catching up on the :nerd: discussion ...For those who became embroiled in the Henry is the Leader debate, if he was the head honcho W(hy)TF would he be strolling in the woods alone and get captured in a lame French Chick net? If the theory is Henry was captured on purpose because they wanted a plant, why not use a more dispensible member?
Because non of them are the master manipulator that Henry is.
Just to give an analogy from another work.(Spoilers from the movie The Usual Suspects below)In the Usual Suspects, Kaiser Soze didn't have to go through all that himself- he could've just sent someone else. But he didn't trust anyone else to do it right.

If Walt/Michael are not around next season, it is somewhat disappointing Walt's "powers" were not more fully developed or resolved by the writers.
I must have missed this part....I heard Henry's comments about Walt on the dock, but I don't remember hearing anything else about Walt having powers. What did I miss?

I missed the Tailies episode earlier this fall, can somebody clear something up for me.Have the others ever actually killed someone from the plane, or have they just kidnapped them?I know that Ethan killed Scott(?) from the original group, just not sure if there have been any other killings.
Pretty sure Ethan tried to kill Charlie but was unsuccessful.
In "the other 48 days" I think Goodwin killed someone too.

If Walt/Michael are not around next season, it is somewhat disappointing Walt's "powers" were not more fully developed or resolved by the writers.
I must have missed this part....I heard Henry's comments about Walt on the dock, but I don't remember hearing anything else about Walt having powers. What did I miss?
The Others said Walt was a very special boy, but nothing overt about "powers".Some things have been alluded to on the show, allowing you to make your own conclusions. When Walt reads a comic book about Polar Bears, suddenly a Polar Bear appears on the island. Another time, Walt asked Michael to help him find Vincent during a rainstorm. When Michael said he'd help him once the rain stopped....the rain stopped.In the first season, Michael and Walt had a conversation and Walt says weird things happen when he's around.My guess is that Michael and Walt don't leave, and put together the rescue party for the three in captivity.

what does everyone think of the "complains" I copied and pasted in post 8749?
I think the guy is a tool. If you want to, you can find things to complain about in anything. All he's doing is killing his own enjoyment. And some of the stuff that he claims he called (figuring out that Desmond crashed the plane way back in the season premiere) is complete BS. He is making claims in hindsight, and nothing more.

On a side note, is anyone interested in working on a Lost "Wiki" style site? A buddy of mine is looking to get one started (and yes, I know they're out there...talk to him, not me.) and is looking for people that are as obsessed by the show as he is. I fit this category perfectly, and it seems that this board has its fair share, as well.

PM if you're interested, and we'll talk about what is in mind for the site.

I think the guy is a tool. If you want to, you can find things to complain about in anything. All he's doing is killing his own enjoyment. And some of the stuff that he claims he called (figuring out that Desmond crashed the plane way back in the season premiere) is complete BS. He is making claims in hindsight, and nothing more.
What do you mean "in hindsight?" In the chronology of the story, Desmond should have known he crashed the plane. It's just that the writers hadn't figured out the chronology at the time we met Desmond. That's a writing flaw.

On a side note, is anyone interested in working on a Lost "Wiki" style site? A buddy of mine is looking to get one started (and yes, I know they're out there...talk to him, not me.) and is looking for people that are as obsessed by the show as he is. I fit this category perfectly, and it seems that this board has its fair share, as well.

http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Main_Page

What do you mean "in hindsight?" In the chronology of the story, Desmond should have known he crashed the plane. It's just that the writers hadn't figured out the chronology at the time we met Desmond. That's a writing flaw.
To quote this guy
Continuing... Desmond bringing down the plane. It really takes a PRINT OUT reading system failure for him to realize that he brought down the plane? I guessed that in the season premiere!
I call BS that he guessed it in the season premiere. In the season premiere, we had NO knowledge of what would happen if the button wasn't pushed.

http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Main_Page
:goodposting:

To quote this guy
Continuing... Desmond bringing down the plane. It really takes a PRINT OUT reading system failure for him to realize that he brought down the plane? I guessed that in the season premiere!
I call BS that he guessed it in the season premiere. In the season premiere, we had NO knowledge of what would happen if the button wasn't pushed.
Oh, I see what you're getting at. Still, it's bad writing. They should have all the important details of the story already worked out.

To quote this guy
Oh, I see what you're getting at. Still, it's bad writing. They should have all the important details of the story already worked out.
Well, based on what you say, you agree that Desmond should have known that he crashed the plane. Well, I challenge you to go back and watch the first episodes of Season 2, and tell me at what point ANY of the Losties tell Desmond WHEN they crashed. They tell them THAT they crashed, but that's it. I would think that in Desmond's emotional state, its VERY possible that he didn't put 2 and 2 together, at the time.To further quote this guy:

Continuing... in the first episode, Desmond seems VERY surprised to see people. He's also very threatened by Locke and Kate. But in the finale, we learned that Locke "saved his life" by pounding on the hatch window. That the light shining up was Desmond, and that he was HAPPY to see people -- happy to see his potential replacements. Now, you could argue that he considered them a threat because they couldn't get the riddle right, so they obviously weren't Dharma people. But... neither was he. So why does he behave as he does in the premiere?
Do you think it could have had anything to do with the huge explosion that occurred just before the people showed up? The explosion that was strong enough to knock the needle off his record...Along with the fact that he was likely expecting ONE person...not 2-3.Furthermore...

Speaking of the failsafe key... HOLY DEUS EX MACHINA. I call huge shenanigans on that. First off, if he had this key that could potentially neutralize the danger of the hatch, why didn't he use it in the premiere, when the computer got shot up? Barring that, why wouldn't he tell the Losties about it, in case they couldn't fix the computer?
I don't see this as "neutralizing" the danger. I see this as a suicide way out. When you can't take it anymore, you use the key...knowing that you're going to die when you use it. Obviously, this is likely not the case, but its what was assumed about the key. I don't know about you guys, but I saw no indication that this was a failsafe that would neutralize the danger, safely. To say that this was even IMPLIED is ridiculous because someone would have used it right away, instead of pushing the button all the time.And more...

First, we learn that Kelvin dragged Desmond's unconscious body to the hatch. Wait a minute... that's not what Desmond said back in "Man of Faith, Man of Science" -- he said that Kelvin came running out, yelling "Hurry, hurry, come with me!" Mere sloppiness with the continuity? Maybe. There's no reason for Desmond to lie, and no reason for him to forget what actually happened.
Again, take a look at Desmond's emotional state during this time. Do you really believe that he was telling everything accurately...or if he even cared if he had his story accurate? Or do you think that maybe he just wanted to get Jack off his back, so he could get the heck out of there. Heck he lied to the losties about Calvin: "Calvin died waiting for his replacements." Ever think maybe he was just lying?And, on a side note...the guy that wrote this likes to say that the writing was "Sloppy, and inconsistent". Well, that quote from Desmond actually happens in "Orientation", not in "Man of Science, Man of Faith". I would say THAT is "sloppy and inconsistent".

And one more, just for fun

Jack and Sayid explored down below the floor, where the failsafe station is. In the finale, it's pretty clear and visible. How would they not have found it? It wasn't hidden at all. They didn't find it because it was a giant Deus Ex Machina -- a device for the writers to get rid of the button and hatch, because they're bored with them.
As I recall, they were not done exploring down there, and they heard noises, and abandoned their search to go investigate the sound (which turned out to be Kate taking a shower). That is the last I remember anyone going down there.So, after reading some of my retorts, can you see why I think the guy is a tool that is simply LOOKING for something to complain about?

So, after reading some of my retorts, can you see why I think the guy is a tool that is simply LOOKING for something to complain about?
Sure, he's probably a tool, but I think many of his criticisms are absolutely right. I'm not particularly persuaded by your counterarguments. For example, if the losties never told Desmond when they crashed, why was the printout info important? And what else would Desmond have thought the key would do?And why wouldn't they have explored the "failsafe" area at any time in the weeks they were in the hatch?

So, after reading some of my retorts, can you see why I think the guy is a tool that is simply LOOKING for something to complain about?
Sure, he's probably a tool, but I think many of his criticisms are absolutely right. I'm not particularly persuaded by your counterarguments. For example, if the losties never told Desmond when they crashed, why was the printout info important?

And what else would Desmond have thought the key would do?

And why wouldn't they have explored the "failsafe" area at any time in the weeks they were in the hatch?
He finally put two and two together, and ASKED when they crashed.He found Calvin down there talking about turning the key. Calvin said that he couldn't do it. He asked Desmond if he had the courage to pull his finger out of the dam and blow the whole thing up. I'd say that's a pretty good reason to think that it wasn't a "failsafe"

As for the last part, I can not give a definitive answer to. The only thing I can offer is that John likely talked to Sayid about what was down there, and for the most part, it only looked like a crawlspace/wiring area, and didn't look important. But, as I said, there's nothing I can point to, specifically.

Last edited by a moderator:
He found Calvin down there talking about turning the key. Calvin said that he couldn't do it. He asked Desmond if he had the courage to pull his finger out of the dam and blow the whole thing up. I'd say that's a pretty good reason to think that it wasn't a "failsafe"
But wasn't that scene a flashback in the same episode that they used the key? The guy is criticizing the authors for introducing this key when it was obvious they had never contemplated its existence earlier. Nothing you've posted contradicts that point.

He found Calvin down there talking about turning the key. Calvin said that he couldn't do it. He asked Desmond if he had the courage to pull his finger out of the dam and blow the whole thing up. I'd say that's a pretty good reason to think that it wasn't a "failsafe"
But wasn't that scene a flashback in the same episode that they used the key? The guy is criticizing the authors for introducing this key when it was obvious they had never contemplated its existence earlier. Nothing you've posted contradicts that point.
Sure it does. DESMOND knew about the key. Was he prepared to blow himself up (as he thought would happen), when there was a chance that he could get far enough away from the hatch before the timer hit zero? At this point in the story, I'd say no. By the finale, when he had tried to get away from the island, but couldn't...he was ready to die, I think.

Sure it does. DESMOND knew about the key. Was he prepared to blow himself up (as he thought would happen), when there was a chance that he could get far enough away from the hatch before the timer hit zero? At this point in the story, I'd say no. By the finale, when he had tried to get away from the island, but couldn't...he was ready to die, I think.
I still don't get it. He thinks that he's gonna die whether he turns the key or not? Then why bother?

I still don't get it. He thinks that he's gonna die whether he turns the key or not? Then why bother?
Have you seen the preview for the movie Flyboys? Its about WWII era pilots. One soldier says to another something along the lines of, "If you're hit, you can burn wth it all the way to the ground, you can jump from several thousand feet up, or *he hands him a pistol*, you can take the quick and painless way out.I would equate it to this. He figures that blowing himself up is probably quicker and less painful then letting this electromagnetic field take over and slowly collapse the place on itself.

Dorvaan said:
fatguyinalittlecoat said:
Dorvaan said:
fatguyinalittlecoat said:
Dorvaan said:
Have you seen the preview for the movie Flyboys? Its about WWII era pilots. One soldier says to another something along the lines of, "If you're hit, you can burn wth it all the way to the ground, you can jump from several thousand feet up, or *he hands him a pistol*, you can take the quick and painless way out.I would equate it to this. He figures that blowing himself up is probably quicker and less painful then letting this electromagnetic field take over and slowly collapse the place on itself.
I agree with you Dorvaan. It wasn't like Desmond was with the Losties for 40 days. They had a couple quick conversations before the computer got shot and he bailed. As we learned at the end, he lied about killing Kelvin, so is it a stretch to think he lied a little about how he came to the hatch or just didn't really remember all the details correctly.That complaint post is kind of silly, trying to piece together a bunch of inconsistencies, but his own stories don't seem right to me. The quote that got me was this (not his but obviously one he agreed with and put in):
The ending pretty much makes the entire *show hinge on Desmond, and makes the Lostaways pretty much a footnote in his larger story. While the cause of the crash gave us an answer, it kind of negates all the entire concept of the show, which previously hinged on a certain group of people having been chosen to crash on a desert island. But suddenly, they're not so special, and all the crossing paths really does seem like a series of random coincidences, because as we learned last night, they landed on the island not because they were chosen, but because Desmond didn't push the freaking button! And furthermore, the entire show is now a tiny part of the epic love story between Desmond and Penelope. Don't get me wrong -- I actually really like all the parallels to "The Odyssey" -- but I don't like how it negates the characters I've spent two seasons caring about. The Lostaways just became filler in their own story.
To me it seems like this guy, like many others had his own "theory" that everyone on flight 815 was "chosen" to be there as part of some grand scheme. When his grand theory was wrong, he just got pissed off and thought the show wasn't as good as when it seemed mystical. I love the show and hope it continues to be good. I personally liked Desmond coming back and it was easy for me to comprehend him acting differently in the finale because he had just spent a couple weeks trying to get off the island and realized it was useless. His view of the world became "who cares, were screwed" until he got a dose of heroism and tried to save everyone. I also like the Penelope angle because I think it will be pretty cool to see the view point of people off the island trying to find it and to maybe see how the whole thing started.

About this complaining guy and Desmond.

He's overlooking the obvious. When we first meet Desmond, he's running on 40 days with no REM sleep. Every 108 minutes he's had to push that button. Of course he's easily confused. Of course he's half crazy. Any of us would be in that same situation.

I am a total Lost nerd, and I think that complaining guy needs to find a better way to waste his time.

LOST

What if the real main character of the show is Desmond and the whole idea of the show is to find him? We have been led to believe the show is about the Losties from the plane but we have no idea if people are looking for them yet. It appears to me that the Others did not know anything about Desmond so they have no beef with the guy.

It would be an interesting twist to a great show if the show was not as much about the Losties and the Others and instead revolves more around Desmond and what the corporation has done.

Bold Prediction - The Others and the Losties are essentially in the same boat and them trying to fight each other is nothing more than an experiment gone bad and a plane accident gone awry. The real story revolves around Desmond.

Assani Fisher said:
there were 5 complains, not just 1.
Super, who cares? Are you going to keep bumping the thread for some Lost nerd who is disappointed that the Losties weren't chosen by some mastermind who had been tracking their every movement?OK, here are my comments about the rest of his complaints seeing as the first one just doesn't have much merit at all:#2 - Bad flashbacks. Gee, I guess he is correct, it would be good for every episode to be edge of your seat thrill ride. They should put this guy in as head of a studio so we wouldn't get anymore summer movie flops.#3 - They killed Boone, Shannon and Anna-Lucia. Other than Boone I think it is easy to realize that this guy will have to find a new show to pleasure himself to now. Oh well, tell him to stop being cheap and ask his mom to get Cinemax.#4 - He doesn't like the twist with Desmond in the hatch. He says it isn't surprising, yet he wanted more foreshadowing. He says it would have been more shocking if they introduced Desmond in season 1, kind of like the Sixth Sense being more suprising if his wife said "why did my husband have to die" in the first few minutes at the restaurant. That sure would be more surprising. All it seems like to me is this guy is trying to toot his own horn for "calling" every twist in season 2. Almost like that weird jwcdwfdwfdvcww guy bumping useless old threads.#5 - Couldn't figure out what was the guy's, or 25 year old still living at home without Cinemax, point, except that he doesn't like poker. Not sure why you keep bumping it since poker is your thing.Is that enough discussion? Let's just enjoy the fact that the long wait is just about over, until the couple month hiatus of course and get back to the clone/pergutory theories instead of all the #####ing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Psychology Kev said:
LOST What if the real main character of the show is Desmond and the whole idea of the show is to find him? We have been led to believe the show is about the Losties from the plane but we have no idea if people are looking for them yet. It appears to me that the Others did not know anything about Desmond so they have no beef with the guy. It would be an interesting twist to a great show if the show was not as much about the Losties and the Others and instead revolves more around Desmond and what the corporation has done. Bold Prediction - The Others and the Losties are essentially in the same boat and them trying to fight each other is nothing more than an experiment gone bad and a plane accident gone awry. The real story revolves around Desmond.
Not sure about that, but I do think that the Desmond thread will last a while. They will at some point spend some time on the island/Dharma backstory and I think the introduction of Penelope, Widmore's daughter, will be the start of that.I still think the goings on at the island will be the mainstay, but to be honest, I have no idea where they are taking thhe Others/Losties. I think it is a pretty safe bet that 2 of the 3 or 3 of the 3 captured will make it back to the camp, but I can't tell if the Others will jump ship after being discovered or if it will devolve into a tribal war type thing. It seemed to me from that long dock and Henry knowing how to get off the island that the Others could leave at any point. Maybe I am wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me if after part 1 of season 3 that we don't see the Others for a while and see more of the off-island stuff and more exploring of all of the other hatches/experiments.

Assani Fisher said:
there were 5 complains, not just 1.
Super, who cares? Are you going to keep bumping the thread for some Lost nerd who is disappointed that the Losties weren't chosen by some mastermind who had been tracking their every movement?OK, here are my comments about the rest of his complaints seeing as the first one just doesn't have much merit at all:#2 - Bad flashbacks. Gee, I guess he is correct, it would be good for every episode to be edge of your seat thrill ride. They should put this guy in as head of a studio so we wouldn't get anymore summer movie flops.#3 - They killed Boone, Shannon and Anna-Lucia. Other than Boone I think it is easy to realize that this guy will have to find a new show to pleasure himself to now. Oh well, tell him to stop being cheap and ask his mom to get Cinemax.#4 - He doesn't like the twist with Desmond in the hatch. He says it isn't surprising, yet he wanted more foreshadowing. He says it would have been more shocking if they introduced Desmond in season 1, kind of like the Sixth Sense being more suprising if his wife said "why did my husband have to die" in the first few minutes at the restaurant. That sure would be more surprising. All it seems like to me is this guy is trying to toot his own horn for "calling" every twist in season 2. Almost like that weird jwcdwfdwfdvcww guy bumping useless old threads.#5 - Couldn't figure out what was the guy's, or 25 year old still living at home without Cinemax, point, except that he doesn't like poker. Not sure why you keep bumping it since poker is your thing.Is that enough discussion? Let's just enjoy the fact that the long wait is just about over, until the couple month hiatus of course and get back to the clone/pergutory theories instead of all the #####ing.
lol at fans that can't even fathom criticism of their favorite show. Lost is currently my #2 show only to the Office. Yet I can still admit that this guy made a well thought out series of posts and deserves some respect. Your analogy with the Sixth Sense is just silly- he clearly explained in his post how it was bad writing to not foreshadow at all. The Sixth Sense had a ton of foreshadowing. You can still love something and wish it to be better at the same time, you know?

Users who are viewing this thread