What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (2 Viewers)

Assani Fisher said:
there were 5 complains, not just 1.
Super, who cares? Are you going to keep bumping the thread for some Lost nerd who is disappointed that the Losties weren't chosen by some mastermind who had been tracking their every movement?OK, here are my comments about the rest of his complaints seeing as the first one just doesn't have much merit at all:#2 - Bad flashbacks. Gee, I guess he is correct, it would be good for every episode to be edge of your seat thrill ride. They should put this guy in as head of a studio so we wouldn't get anymore summer movie flops.#3 - They killed Boone, Shannon and Anna-Lucia. Other than Boone I think it is easy to realize that this guy will have to find a new show to pleasure himself to now. Oh well, tell him to stop being cheap and ask his mom to get Cinemax.#4 - He doesn't like the twist with Desmond in the hatch. He says it isn't surprising, yet he wanted more foreshadowing. He says it would have been more shocking if they introduced Desmond in season 1, kind of like the Sixth Sense being more suprising if his wife said "why did my husband have to die" in the first few minutes at the restaurant. That sure would be more surprising. All it seems like to me is this guy is trying to toot his own horn for "calling" every twist in season 2. Almost like that weird jwcdwfdwfdvcww guy bumping useless old threads.#5 - Couldn't figure out what was the guy's, or 25 year old still living at home without Cinemax, point, except that he doesn't like poker. Not sure why you keep bumping it since poker is your thing.Is that enough discussion? Let's just enjoy the fact that the long wait is just about over, until the couple month hiatus of course and get back to the clone/pergutory theories instead of all the #####ing.
lol at fans that can't even fathom criticism of their favorite show. Lost is currently my #2 show only to the Office. Yet I can still admit that this guy made a well thought out series of posts and deserves some respect. Your analogy with the Sixth Sense is just silly- he clearly explained in his post how it was bad writing to not foreshadow at all. The Sixth Sense had a ton of foreshadowing. You can still love something and wish it to be better at the same time, you know?
How can there be no foreshadowing, yet not surprising at all? According to this guy, it was.

Assani Fisher said:
Super, who cares? Are you going to keep bumping the thread for some Lost nerd who is disappointed that the Losties weren't chosen by some mastermind who had been tracking their every movement?OK, here are my comments about the rest of his complaints seeing as the first one just doesn't have much merit at all:#2 - Bad flashbacks. Gee, I guess he is correct, it would be good for every episode to be edge of your seat thrill ride. They should put this guy in as head of a studio so we wouldn't get anymore summer movie flops.#3 - They killed Boone, Shannon and Anna-Lucia. Other than Boone I think it is easy to realize that this guy will have to find a new show to pleasure himself to now. Oh well, tell him to stop being cheap and ask his mom to get Cinemax.#4 - He doesn't like the twist with Desmond in the hatch. He says it isn't surprising, yet he wanted more foreshadowing. He says it would have been more shocking if they introduced Desmond in season 1, kind of like the Sixth Sense being more suprising if his wife said "why did my husband have to die" in the first few minutes at the restaurant. That sure would be more surprising. All it seems like to me is this guy is trying to toot his own horn for "calling" every twist in season 2. Almost like that weird jwcdwfdwfdvcww guy bumping useless old threads.#5 - Couldn't figure out what was the guy's, or 25 year old still living at home without Cinemax, point, except that he doesn't like poker. Not sure why you keep bumping it since poker is your thing.Is that enough discussion? Let's just enjoy the fact that the long wait is just about over, until the couple month hiatus of course and get back to the clone/pergutory theories instead of all the #####ing.
lol at fans that can't even fathom criticism of their favorite show. Lost is currently my #2 show only to the Office. Yet I can still admit that this guy made a well thought out series of posts and deserves some respect. Your analogy with the Sixth Sense is just silly- he clearly explained in his post how it was bad writing to not foreshadow at all. The Sixth Sense had a ton of foreshadowing. You can still love something and wish it to be better at the same time, you know?
Dude, you miss way too much. First, I could care less what other people think of the show, it really doesn't affect me. My reply was supposed to be a sarcastic reply to the fact that you keep bumping the complaints even after people have looked at them and replied. I just tried to make it funny. If people thought much about your post, there would be more discussion, but most of the replies just considered it #####ing and whining because there are as many holes in his complaint as he seemingly points out in the show.Like I said before, I think the person who is pissed off about where the show is going is the guy complaining because he thinks he figured it all out, but then he complains because the writers didn't do exactly what he wanted and because the Losties are not some pre-ordained set of people. Folks, the plane crash was an accident, get over it and enjoy the show.I just don't see the need to continue to bump some random dudes complaints when 4 of the 5 are just #####ing and 1 of the 5 seems just plain incorrect to me. Make sense to you?

Assani Fisher said:
How can there be no foreshadowing, yet not surprising at all? According to this guy, it was.
:goodposting:Exactly, I cannot understand where the "well thought out" comment comes from. He wants foreshadowing, but he seems to thump his chest a bunch about how he figured everything out even without foreshadowing. #####ing is #####ing, plain and simple. I enjoy coming to this thread because when the show is on, there is a lot of good discussion in between the strange posts, and a lot of times people put links and notes in about things that I missed during the show.There are quite a few folks here that have well thought out posts and I rarely if ever criticize even the most outlandish posts. I have no problem with BGP posts, but I can reply that I disagree. Continuing to bump a #####ing post and then telling people that respond that they don't take criticism well is well :potkettle:

Complainer is not saying it wasn't surprising, he's saying that he's disappointed in the writers going on the fly rather than showing they had a plan all along. Surprises without foreshadowing are less effective than an underlying plot twist that has been lingering, with evidence, but not revealed.

I believe that is his point, and to a certain extent, I agree.

Complainer is not saying it wasn't surprising, he's saying that he's disappointed in the writers going on the fly rather than showing they had a plan all along. Surprises without foreshadowing are less effective than an underlying plot twist that has been lingering, with evidence, but not revealed.I believe that is his point, and to a certain extent, I agree.
Isn't Boone and Locke finding the hatch foreshadowing that the island was inhabited by someone in modern society? That was pretty much found early on and I honestly thought the whole opening the hatch at the end of season 1/beginning of season 2 was pretty awesome. I don't know how they could have introduced Desmond in any other way as linked somehow to the hatch without ruining the discovery. How would showing Desmond crash on the island in the race make the hatch opening more surprising? Showing him on the boat crashing would be the only way to foreshadow him being in the hatch, correct?I also don't know how Complainer (I like that) can say that he doesn't think that there is a plan and that everything is made up on the fly. I am 100% sure that the writers did not have every nook and cranny of every episode worked out, but to think that a master plan like what was in the hatch etc., was made up was silly.Here is the perfect point for that. We found out in one of the first couple episodes that Sayid noted that the compass was wrong, thus we were told that EM would be very important and it ends up that that is what brought the plane down. Isn't that the subtle foreshadowing that Complainer is complaining wasn't there? Shouldn't he, since he got every other surprise, have figured out from Sayid's comments about the compass being off that it was the island's Bermuda Triangle like properties that brought down the plane?I think there has been plenty of foreshadowing throughout the show, but to be honest, when there is no interaction at all, i.e. like the Hatch and the Losties, I don't see how they could have foreshadowed Desmond without ruining the surprise.Oh well, to each his own, but I just think Complainer is whining because his theories didn't work out and trying to point out inconsistencies with which I just don't agree. Sure the show isn't going to be perfect, but I think they have done the best job I have seen with such a complex setup in a TV show. Basically, he hates that it was just a guy, Desmond, that was in the hatch and that him not pressing the button brought down the plane. Oh that, and his favorite hottie, Shannon, was killed.

I don't know how they could have introduced Desmond in any other way as linked somehow to the hatch without ruining the discovery. How would showing Desmond crash on the island in the race make the hatch opening more surprising? Showing him on the boat crashing would be the only way to foreshadow him being in the hatch, correct?
They easily could have done the Desmond/Jack flashbacks in season one, if they knew that Desmond was going to be an important character.But why are we arguing -- here's some pictures of Sun

I don't know how they could have introduced Desmond in any other way as linked somehow to the hatch without ruining the discovery. How would showing Desmond crash on the island in the race make the hatch opening more surprising? Showing him on the boat crashing would be the only way to foreshadow him being in the hatch, correct?
They easily could have done the Desmond/Jack flashbacks in season one, if they knew that Desmond was going to be an important character.But why are we arguing -- here's some pictures of Sun
Nice pictures btw. Thanks.I don't think they could have, because remember that the whole point of them meeting was around the crash with Shannon's father and how Jack fixed his wife. I don't feel like trying to figure out all the timing, but with the other Jack/Shannon/Boone flashbacks, that may not have worked well. That crash, while not overly important to the whole show theme, was pretty important in terms of showing us how Shannon who we thought was a spoiled brat, actually got screwed by her MIL because her dad died and that also setup Jack's marriage.

Oh well, not trying to argue too much. Again, I have no issue with anyone's theory, just got annoyed with re-bumping a whining/#####ing session. Everyone read it, no need to keep bringing it up since it isn't interesting. Heck, I would take 50 BGP theories to have fun debunking before seeing one more "what's wrong with this" post.

Complainer's post would have been much better if he really spent the time putting together his evidence of inconsistencies with Desmond, which seem to have been countered by others' posts, instead of whining on about meaningless flashbacks, characters getting killed and using a poker game to decide things.

What's the deal with the creepy kids walking through the jungle? Why is that never brought up anymore? Did the "Others" train the kids to just walk around silently to scare people?

Something can be not surprising if you've seen it in other films or shows before I guess. Also he could've been talking about different events: Some had no foreshadowing while others were not surprising.

Dude, you miss way too much. First, I could care less what other people think of the show, it really doesn't affect me. My reply was supposed to be a sarcastic reply to the fact that you keep bumping the complaints even after people have looked at them and replied. I just tried to make it funny. If people thought much about your post, there would be more discussion, but most of the replies just considered it #####ing and whining because there are as many holes in his complaint as he seemingly points out in the show.Like I said before, I think the person who is pissed off about where the show is going is the guy complaining because he thinks he figured it all out, but then he complains because the writers didn't do exactly what he wanted and because the Losties are not some pre-ordained set of people. Folks, the plane crash was an accident, get over it and enjoy the show.I just don't see the need to continue to bump some random dudes complaints when 4 of the 5 are just #####ing and 1 of the 5 seems just plain incorrect to me. Make sense to you?
Sarcasm goes over my head sometimes on the internet...sorry. But I wasn't continually bumping it. What happened was this: I wrote that down and then I decided to go back and read through the last 15 pages of this thread(after the season finale). I made a bunch of replies as I read, which caused my first post to get lost in the shuffle, so I made ONE post bumping the thread to bring attention back to the list of complaints.The reason that I like these complains so much is because it isn't coming from someone just mindlessly bashing the show....he is actually one of the posters that watched every show in detail and commented on them all throughout. He was a huge fan of the show in season one even calling it the "greatest show of all time." Yet he saw a lot of room for improvment in season II, so he wrote out some well thought out complaints.

Complainer is not saying it wasn't surprising, he's saying that he's disappointed in the writers going on the fly rather than showing they had a plan all along. Surprises without foreshadowing are less effective than an underlying plot twist that has been lingering, with evidence, but not revealed.I believe that is his point, and to a certain extent, I agree.
Isn't Boone and Locke finding the hatch foreshadowing that the island was inhabited by someone in modern society? That was pretty much found early on and I honestly thought the whole opening the hatch at the end of season 1/beginning of season 2 was pretty awesome. I don't know how they could have introduced Desmond in any other way as linked somehow to the hatch without ruining the discovery. How would showing Desmond crash on the island in the race make the hatch opening more surprising? Showing him on the boat crashing would be the only way to foreshadow him being in the hatch, correct?I also don't know how Complainer (I like that) can say that he doesn't think that there is a plan and that everything is made up on the fly. I am 100% sure that the writers did not have every nook and cranny of every episode worked out, but to think that a master plan like what was in the hatch etc., was made up was silly.Here is the perfect point for that. We found out in one of the first couple episodes that Sayid noted that the compass was wrong, thus we were told that EM would be very important and it ends up that that is what brought the plane down. Isn't that the subtle foreshadowing that Complainer is complaining wasn't there? Shouldn't he, since he got every other surprise, have figured out from Sayid's comments about the compass being off that it was the island's Bermuda Triangle like properties that brought down the plane?I think there has been plenty of foreshadowing throughout the show, but to be honest, when there is no interaction at all, i.e. like the Hatch and the Losties, I don't see how they could have foreshadowed Desmond without ruining the surprise.Oh well, to each his own, but I just think Complainer is whining because his theories didn't work out and trying to point out inconsistencies with which I just don't agree. Sure the show isn't going to be perfect, but I think they have done the best job I have seen with such a complex setup in a TV show. Basically, he hates that it was just a guy, Desmond, that was in the hatch and that him not pressing the button brought down the plane. Oh that, and his favorite hottie, Shannon, was killed.
I think he is complaining that one of the major major characters of the show(and perhaps the most important) Desmond was not shown at all before they discovered him. And then when they did discover him they wanted the audience to be all shocked like "OMG its you! The guy that was running with Jack!" but that only works when you show him before that episode. If they would've shown that scene with Jack in a prior episode it would've been more effective.Also, I totally agree with the complainer about Shannon. Her character and their usage of her sucked completely. She was meaningless. And it was disappointing because due to the death of her brother and her apparent transformation from brat to someone with more perspective, I was interested in seeing where they went with it.

I think they're in purgatory.

Penny is actually already in heaven and she wants Desmond there as well. The two Russian guys in the arctic are angels.

Widmore is God / Hanso is the Devil.

The flashbacks are scenes from the lostaways' respective lives that are being judged and will determine where they end up: heaven or hell.

Michael and Walt are now out of purgatory. They were sent off in the direct of "235" - which means heaven (2 x 3 x 5 = 30; 3 + 0 = 3; 3 is the trinity).

There's plenty of foreshadowing if you've been paying attention.

I think they're in purgatory.Penny is actually already in heaven and she wants Desmond there as well. The two Russian guys in the arctic are angels. Widmore is God / Hanso is the Devil.The flashbacks are scenes from the lostaways' respective lives that are being judged and will determine where they end up: heaven or hell.Michael and Walt are now out of purgatory. They were sent off in the direct of "235" - which means heaven (2 x 3 x 5 = 30; 3 + 0 = 3; 3 is the trinity).There's plenty of foreshadowing if you've been paying attention.
:lmao:

I'm sure you guys discussed it in this thread somewhere, but 177 pages - not gonna filter through it.

I just saw the Fog for the first time - I couldn't get over the brother-sister semi-indications of incest thing on Lost and then her lover in the movie looks eerily similar to Boone? I thought it WAS him for half the movie.

And I thought the chick was a poor actress on the TV show - she took it to a new level when she moved to the big screen.

Another thing about Henry supposedly being the leader.

When Sayid was about to shoot and kill him (and there's no doubt he would have followed through) why did Henry plea that Sayid had no idea what HE will do to Henry if he answered Sayid's questions?  There's that HE again.
Just a trick. Nearly everything Henry said was a lie and everything he did was to manipulate. He's definitely the leader of The Others.
I haven't seen it mentioned before, but Gale MUST have entered the numbers when Locke was pinned under the door. But then why did he plant the seed that the Numbers were worthless? He must have wanted the Electromagnetic Anamoly to go off.. but why?

Odd that the Others had no reaction to the sky-whiting explosion(?). No "WTF was that??" Sure they winced.. but maybe Henry WANTS the Russians to find them.

This is just me thinking out loud.....
I think that the entire point of Ben's trip was to make sure that the button was still being pushed- he knew that other people(the Losties) had found the hatch, so he had to make sure now. So he tested Locke by planting doubt and seeing if he still pushed it. Once Locke continued to push it, his mission was accomplished.

It's probably in the thread somewhere, but was it ever determined why Hurley, Jack, Kate and Sawyer were the four the Others requested that Michael bring back with him?
Nope but it's clear The Others want Jack, Kate and Sawyer for some purpose. Hurley appeared to just be someone added to the list so he could be used to warn everyone to not pursue The Others again. Jack, Kate and Sawyer are the keys. We also know Locke is important to The Others as well (he was the reason Henry wanted to infiltrate the Losties' camp).
This bothered me, as they previously had Kate in their possesion, and Locke (who they supposedly want also), Jack, and Sawyer surrounded.Why not take them then?
Perhaps something changed. Perhaps they did not want them back then but after learning something from Walt or from someone else they had a plan. Or perhaps their "leader" who does not live on the island told them to get them after that first time had already happened.
perhaps they discovered that Ben had a tumor :unsure:

I will say I am impressed by abc's refusal to go back to the well and create a Lost spinoff or universe. Figured that was a certainty. 

There is only one person qualified to comment on this show, where is @stbugs:lmao:
Right here. Still loved this show. Started awesome, got a little weird, but still such a great show. Really did the whole flashback/flash forward multi-timeline whatever you want to call it justice.

Not Penny’s boat. Miss this show. So much greatness and solid characters.

Time hasn't changed my mind.  The first half of the series was one of the best.  The second half was a complete waste of time.  

My wife and I started re-watching this with our kids, 13 and 16, when our shelter in place started. It's been fun experiencing the kids react to it for the first time. Our youngest loves it and is hooked, while our 16 year old is kind of bored as we finish season 3. Our youngest likes the mystery and trying to figure it out and actually kind of nailed the ending 2 episodes in. I forgot a bunch of stuff and didn't even remember some of the characters (Nikki and Paulo? Painful.). It's been a great family quarantine show for us since we all feel we've been in a hatch for 2 months.

My wife and I started re-watching this with our kids, 13 and 16, when our shelter in place started. It's been fun experiencing the kids react to it for the first time. Our youngest loves it and is hooked, while our 16 year old is kind of bored as we finish season 3. Our youngest likes the mystery and trying to figure it out and actually kind of nailed the ending 2 episodes in. I forgot a bunch of stuff and didn't even remember some of the characters (Nikki and Paulo? Painful.). It's been a great family quarantine show for us since we all feel we've been in a hatch for 2 months.
Is it on Netflix?

Loved the show back in the day. Watched it twice but it’s been years since then.

Wife and I are having a long road trip this summer - 18 hours one way. Thinking we would like to binge a good podcast about Lost.

Lots of options for podcasts but would like to know if anyone has any specific recommendations? 

Thanks!

Loved the show back in the day. Watched it twice but it’s been years since then.

Wife and I are having a long road trip this summer - 18 hours one way. Thinking we would like to binge a good podcast about Lost.

Lots of options for podcasts but would like to know if anyone has any specific recommendations? 

Thanks!

If you search the Ringer podcasts there are a few about Lost, but its a personal taste kind of thing - they may not be your cup of tea.

we did this too. the kids (now 14 & 10) LOVED it. 10yo floppinha was just talking about wanting to rewatch it (no freaking way). it was the perfect covid show for families. 

I must've posted it in the streaming/netflix thread and not here.

Users who are viewing this thread