Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series

Potentially huge thing, or I need to get my eyes checked.  Read at own risk. 

Okay, so here is a screencap of a bald guy in Jack's hospital flashback from last episode: Link 1

Now, here is a screencap of a group on the island, look at the bottom left of the pic.  Its the same guy, I think Link 2

I'm sure some will say its not the same guy, but they look like the same guy to me.

I know you think I am a theory destroyer, but in this case what I am supposed to debunk here? They don't look the same to me, but what if they are? This is still Hollywood so it is pretty easy to think that they might use the exact same person (extra) for two different scenes. It is pretty common and on a local DC talk show they interviewed someone on a new show who was talking about his stint on a previous show (NYPD Blue, I think) as a perp and that they liked him enough that they used him again as a different character all together. And that wasn't even for an extra, i.e. guy walking down hallway in hospital or sitting by campfire.

Anyway, do you have anymore info on this or is it just two similar looking guys that are just extras. Honest question, not trying to grill you although some others might if that is the extent.

You live in DC? Me too.

If its the same person, I think it would be intentional.

If not, no matter. They look the same to me.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I remember correctly, I mailed a VHS tape to Capella so he could catch up on the first episode.  Sounds like something from 100 years ago...

What about Eko?? I think it was more than just an assumption.

How did Gale know that she killed two "Others"? Did I miss a conversation where she told him? If that's the case, forgive my ignorance.

Okay, so here is a screencap of a bald guy in Jack's hospital flashback from last episode: Link 1

Now, here is a screencap of a group on the island, look at the bottom left of the pic.  Its the same guy, I think Link 2

I'm sure some will say its not the same guy, but they look like the same guy to me.

I know you think I am a theory destroyer, but in this case what I am supposed to debunk here? They don't look the same to me, but what if they are? This is still Hollywood so it is pretty easy to think that they might use the exact same person (extra) for two different scenes. It is pretty common and on a local DC talk show they interviewed someone on a new show who was talking about his stint on a previous show (NYPD Blue, I think) as a perp and that they liked him enough that they used him again as a different character all together. And that wasn't even for an extra, i.e. guy walking down hallway in hospital or sitting by campfire.

Anyway, do you have anymore info on this or is it just two similar looking guys that are just extras. Honest question, not trying to grill you although some others might if that is the extent.

I watched some of the DVD features on Scrubs, and the creator's buddy is in many episodes as an extra, always in a different role.

You live in DC? Me too.

I live in No VA, outside of DC but I haven't seen any big green men wandering around, so I don't think we've met. ;)

I think Tick said the same thing above that if you are talking about people that never speak, then you could easily get the same guy in two scenes and while it was intentional, it may not mean anything other than it is a friend of someone on the show or is an extra that showed up on time and listened well, thus they used him again.

You live in DC? Me too.

I live in No VA, outside of DC but I haven't seen any big green men wandering around, so I don't think we've met. ;)

I think Tick said the same thing above that if you are talking about people that never speak, then you could easily get the same guy in two scenes and while it was intentional, it may not mean anything other than it is a friend of someone on the show or is an extra that showed up on time and listened well, thus they used him again.

Given that the previous lives of the survivors all seem to be linked somehow, I don't think it's a stretch to say it's the same guy.

However, Jerry Orbach did play a defense lawyer on Law & Order before he became the detective....so it's not unprecedented to reuse actor either.

:shrug:

The Black RockI was looking at the photos from lost-media and realized that the Black Rock had the word "Portsmouth" below it. So my thought is the ship is indeed a convict ship that was headed for australia to one of the penal colonies established there. This would put the ship in the area of australia to be Lost.

The Black Rock

I was looking at the photos from lost-media and realized that the Black Rock had the word "Portsmouth" below it.

So my thought is the ship is indeed a convict ship that was headed for australia to one of the penal colonies established there. This would put the ship in the area of australia to be Lost.

Portsmouth would be the shipyard where it was launched. The most famous Portsmouth shipyard is the naval one, owned and operated by the US Navy since 1806. The dynamite they extracted would lead one to believe it was commissioned post-1867, when dynamite was patented. Australian prison immigration/resettlement ended by 1850's.

While it's possible that it was what you described, it would seem highly unlikely. Simply because it had chains and manacles doesn't a prison ship make. Ships have brigs for keeping prisoners, which seems far more plausible a scenario. What doesn't make sense to me is how that ship, much less the dynamite, is in the shape that it is in after so many decades. That environment - a tropical jungle, with the salt air - would have made quick work of that stuff. It was have disintegrated in a matter of a few years.

Sharks!

Sharks!

With a marking just like Desmond has on his clothes and his food....hhmmm

Yeah, I saw that too. No idea if the Others and Desmond are a part of Dr. Evil's plans and his laser head sharks.

I thought I was just seeing things. Thanks for verifying what I saw also.

THE OTHERS!It's like LOST to steroids during the off-season. I'm hooked. This is gonna be a long week.

Yea...they've stumbled onto the back half of the plane. I dont know wuts going on...but i feel like Desmond is going to become a valuable ally.

If Michele Rodriguez was in the back of the plane why was she locked up.

I don't think those people are from the back of the plane

But

I don't think they are the Others either. Maybe other stranded people who haven't succumbed to the Others

I think Desmond was placed there for some reason and he was waiting for his replacement.After about 45 days The Others went all crazy or something? Dont tell me that people go loco after only that amount of time and are willing to eat each other and stuff. It was interesting the chick knew about the flight... gives credence to the back side of the plane and tells us the rafters are far from their original island... I think... the plane broke apart many miles away from each other right?Lastly, where is the boy?

It was interesting the chick knew about the flight... gives credence to the back side of the plane and tells us the rafters are far from their original island... I think... the plane broke apart many miles away from each other right?

Lastly, where is the boy?

She was talking to Jack at an airport bar. Pretty sure she was on the flight.