What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (3 Viewers)

I bet they tie the show Invasion into this one :loco:

IMO Desmond does not have a clue what is going on in the outside world

The countdown - what happens when the countdown hits?

108 is the sum of the lottery numbers.

Other "hatches" - how do we explain the other hatch that Locke was almost dragged into last season? Unrelated?

The whacko from the psyche word was not the replacement, Desmond was his replacement - hence why the guy is in the psyche ward - those numbers drove him crazy for having to enter it into the computer every 108 minutes. (sorry thought you had it the other way around)
Desmond works for DHARMA, the guys with the numbers heard them at a Navy listening post, probably a place where they listen for subs, etc., kind of a radar/sonar defense post. I don't think Hurley's buddies were ever on the island, I think that was just to show Hurley that the numbers were in fact bad when other people had used them before. I may be wrong on this, but I thought we hashed this out before.As for the other hatches, we still have no idea on those and how/if they are even connected to DHARMA/Desmond.

:rant: ####ers didn't get a screenshot of Kate's cleavage.
I'm already on it.
Hallo von America wieder!

Wo sind die screencaps von Brüste (Hupen) Kate's in den Luftkanälen?? LOL
Hello of America again!

Where screencaps from are chests (boobs) Kate's in the air ducts?? LOL

That shark thing has gotten me thinking. I think it is either:

A) Part of the science experiment. Someone mentioned earlier about cancer resistance (not true), but in the Deep Blue Sea movie they studied them for an Alzhymer cure.

Anyone else have any ideas on the shark?
A ####### SHARK ATE ME!!:samuelLjackson:
That was a great scene and actually and underrated movie. It was cheesy and far fetched, but had some good parts and Sam Jackson is just awesome.
I was referring to the Chappelle show clip where he touts Samuel Adams L Jackson beer.MMMMM MMMMM! THAT'S GOOD MOTHA ####IN BEER, MOTHA ####A!

Classic.

I'm already on it.

Hello of America again!

Wow, who would have thought the Laugh Out Loud abbreviation would be LOL in German too? Probably something like Laughenfarvignugen Outzenhousen Loudenze.

Good Pic of DHARMA Logo

Its not a snake, its a swan as someone else said.
Looks like a snake to me...with it's tongue out.
the border kind of looks like morse code in circlesit never repeats either
Over analyzing. See below and compare the images.
The logo itself is an octagon, so it's 8 sided.  Inside the octagon there are 36 individual black bars, none of which appear to be the same as another.

Is there any significance to this?  I don't know.
The symbol is an adaptation of the Feng Shui symbol called Bagua (some of this was posted before in this thread) -- read more about Feng Shui. Dharma is the concept of the way to (or of) higher truths.Edit to add that the 8 sides represent the 8 points of a compass (N, NE, E, SE, S, etc.)

Another Edit to add: Go to the Bagua link to learn more about the morse code-like markings.
Great find man!This bagua is very key. Check out the links from I95 and also this one:

http://www.bartlettdesigns.com/fengshui-baguaoctagon.html

The center of the bagua is a yin yang. the swan looks like a modied yin yang.

I'm already on it.

Hello of America again!

Wow, who would have thought the Laugh Out Loud abbreviation would be LOL in German too? Probably something like Laughenfarvignugen Outzenhousen Loudenze.
:lol: I think if Babelfish doesn't know a word, it just reuses it. Go see my hit movie Jingle All Ze Way! :conan:

From Monday...

Saw this on another site. It is the symbol that was on Desmond's jumpsuit and medicine cabinet......

http://www.toolsfortransition.com/feng_shui_more.html
"The Bagua is one of the primary tools we use to evaluate the chi of your home or business. The Bagua can be used to focus attention on various areas of your life that are in transition or that need improvement. These areas are never perfectly balanced at one time. But the Bagua is an essential tool to learn what can be enhanced through the use of “cures” or “remedies”. "Again coming back to the company working on cures.

Last edited by a moderator:
That shark thing has gotten me thinking. I think it is either:

A) Part of the science experiment. Someone mentioned earlier about cancer resistance (not true), but in the Deep Blue Sea movie they studied them for an Alzhymer cure.

Anyone else have any ideas on the shark?
A ####### SHARK ATE ME!!:samuelLjackson:
That was a great scene and actually and underrated movie. It was cheesy and far fetched, but had some good parts and Sam Jackson is just awesome.
I was referring to the Chappelle show clip where he touts Samuel Adams L Jackson beer.MMMMM MMMMM! THAT'S GOOD MOTHA ####IN BEER, MOTHA ####A!

Classic.
:bag: :Hijack:There was a local radio show that was talking about how Sam Jackson should have been in more scenes in Star Wars as more of a Jules Verne (Pulp Fiction) character. They did a Wookie interrogation skit, which, even though it probably won't be funny in a posting, I will try to capture the last part:

SJ: What planet are you from?

Wookie: Brrrrrrrttt

SJ: Who do you think I am? I said what planet are you from?

Wookie: Brrrrrrrttt

SJ: Say Brrrrrrtttt again, I dare you mother ####er, say Brrrrrrtttt again.

Again, probably not funny, but it had me rolling.:EndHijack:

Actually, wasn't Sam Jackson rumored at one point to become part of the Lost cast?

Good Pic of DHARMA Logo

Its not a snake, its a swan as someone else said.
Looks like a snake to me...with it's tongue out.
the border kind of looks like morse code in circlesit never repeats either
Over analyzing. See below and compare the images.
The logo itself is an octagon, so it's 8 sided.  Inside the octagon there are 36 individual black bars, none of which appear to be the same as another.

Is there any significance to this?  I don't know.
The symbol is an adaptation of the Feng Shui symbol called Bagua (some of this was posted before in this thread) -- read more about Feng Shui. Dharma is the concept of the way to (or of) higher truths.Edit to add that the 8 sides represent the 8 points of a compass (N, NE, E, SE, S, etc.)

Another Edit to add: Go to the Bagua link to learn more about the morse code-like markings.
Great find man!This bagua is very key. Check out the links from I95 and also this one:

http://www.bartlettdesigns.com/fengshui-baguaoctagon.html

The center of the bagua is a yin yang. the swan looks like a modied yin yang.
So do the numbers in the symbol have any relation to the "numbers"?

Regardless, this Island is getting pretty crowded, Isn't it?
I was thinking the same thing. Some of the groups you have listed are probably merged/the same.
Odds are the groups have merged. But in the finale last season and last night we have seen different parts of the island which leads me to believe this is a much larger island than most of us are thinking.

what if Probst makes a guest appearance???
Rumor has it that Richard Hatch is actually the leader of the Others and will make his first appearance around episode 16.
Clothed? Is he intending to pay the income tax on his appearance fee?
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I still can't believe he did that. What a buffoon! He probably didn't even file electronically, so someone actually had to enter in the data and then looked at it and said "I wonder if this is the same guy that was on Survivor? Hey he didn't declare his winnings."

what if Probst makes a guest appearance???
Rumor has it that Richard Hatch is actually the leader of the Others and will make his first appearance around episode 16.
Clothed? Is he intending to pay the income tax on his appearance fee?
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I still can't believe he did that. What a buffoon! He probably didn't even file electronically, so someone actually had to enter in the data and then looked at it and said "I wonder if this is the same guy that was on Survivor? Hey he didn't declare his winnings."
Even better, his accountant told him he had to declare it and pay taxes, so he can't even claim it was "an innocent mistake."

Getting back on track.....it seems to me that the "password" (What did the snowman say to the other snowman?) for Desmond's replacement is an elementary school type of riddle. Of all of the people on the island (at least that we've seen), the one most likely to be able to answer it correctly would have been Walt. That suggests to me that he was taken to prevent him from replacing Desmond.

There's been no talk of the sound that we heard after the alarm and before the numbers were entered.Was this the "black cloud?"Also, can someone please help and tell me WTF happened in the first 20 minutes? This is the third time I've asked. The first words I heard were Desmond saying "I can't believe you are here."

There's been no talk of the sound that we heard after the alarm and before the numbers were entered.

Was this the "black cloud?"

Also, can someone please help and tell me WTF happened in the first 20 minutes? This is the third time I've asked. The first words I heard were Desmond saying "I can't believe you are here."
Yes the alarm was heard before the first time the numbers were entered.Black cloud = securitry system rumored to be nanobots

First 20 minutes = different perspective of entering the hatch Locke climbing down, investigating a bit and finding Kate, then getting captured by Desi. Also, showed Michael and Sawyer floating and arguing on what was left of the raft. Also, flashbacks of Michael trying to prevent Walt's mother from taking the kid out of the country.

First 20 minutes = different perspective of entering the hatch Locke climbing down, investigating a bit and finding Kate, then getting captured by Desi.
Don't EVER again call him that. What do you think this is? Hockey? ;)

First 20 minutes = different perspective of entering the hatch Locke climbing down, investigating a bit and finding Kate, then getting captured by Desi.
Don't EVER again call him that. What do you think this is? Hockey? ;)
Hockey? What do you think Hockey is? Ballet?

There's been no talk of the sound that we heard after the alarm and before the numbers were entered.

Also, can someone please help and tell me WTF happened in the first 20 minutes?  This is the third time I've asked.  The first words I heard were Desmond saying "I can't believe you are here."
Yes the alarm was heard before the first time the numbers were entered.Black cloud = securitry system rumored to be nanobots

First 20 minutes = different perspective of entering the hatch Locke climbing down, investigating a bit and finding Kate, then getting captured by Desi. Also, showed Michael and Sawyer floating and arguing on what was left of the raft. Also, flashbacks of Michael trying to prevent Walt's mother from taking the kid out of the country.
I was trying to point out that after the alarm sounded, there was a distant buzzing noise. The noise stopped as soon as Locke pressed "execute." Was that noise the black cloud?I wonder if Locke made the connection with the numbers he had to enter being the same as what was on the Hatch. Other than Hurley, no one really knows about the numbers...

Also, can someone please help and tell me WTF happened in the first 20 minutes? This is the third time I've asked. The first words I heard were Desmond saying "I can't believe you are here."

I was trying to point out that after the alarm sounded, there was a distant buzzing noise. The noise stopped as soon as Locke pressed "execute." Was that noise the black cloud?I wonder if Locke made the connection with the numbers he had to enter being the same as what was on the Hatch. Other than Hurley, no one really knows about the numbers...
I can already picture Jack's face when he finds out. First the numbers on the hatch, then Hurley's story and now this....

Hurley knows the answer to the snowman joke. So does Walt.In an episode last season, Hurley tells the joke to Walt (I think he wrote the joke in Walt's birthday card).

Hurley knows the answer to the snowman joke. So does Walt.

In an episode last season, Hurley tells the joke to Walt (I think he wrote the joke in Walt's birthday card).
People are typing this all over the internet. However, I have yet to see any proof that this is true.Offhand I remember the joke on the birthday card being about a sunburnt penguin... and I don't remember Hurley telling anyone that joke.

I wonder if Locke made the connection with the numbers he had to enter being the same as what was on the Hatch. Other than Hurley, no one really knows about the numbers...
Jack knows about the numbers and so does Sayid. Hurley told Jack about the numbers last episode and Sayid saw the numbers on Rousseau's maps and scribblings.

Hurley knows the answer to the snowman joke. So does Walt.

In an episode last season, Hurley tells the joke to Walt (I think he wrote the joke in Walt's birthday card).
People are typing this all over the internet. However, I have yet to see any proof that this is true.Offhand I remember the joke on the birthday card being about a sunburnt penguin... and I don't remember Hurley telling anyone that joke.
Episode 14 - "Special"MICHAEL: No. No, not yet. I had a little, you know, run-in with a car. I

never know what to write.

NURSE: How about a joke?

MICHAEL: I don't know. What kind of joke?

NURSE: How about, "What's black, white, and red all over?"

MICHAEL: Yeah. The newspaper, right?

NURSE: A penguin with a sunburn.

MICHAEL: (chuckling) That's really dumb.

NURSE: Trust me, mother of four talking here. He'll get a kick out of it.

This may have been covered as I skimmed over the last few pages, but does Desmond have to enter in the numbers every 108 minutes? That would be awful for sleeping. Also has anyone found screen shots of Kate in the air duct yet? :wub:

I wonder if Locke made the connection with the numbers he had to enter being the same as what was on the Hatch.  Other than Hurley, no one really knows about the numbers...
Jack knows about the numbers and so does Sayid. Hurley told Jack about the numbers last episode and Sayid saw the numbers on Rousseau's maps and scribblings.
Jack could make the connect, although I'm not sure he would recognize them.I don't remember how much Sayid studied the numbers, but if it was looking at them in passing, would he recognize them?

I noticed that the name of the candy bars that Kate took were "Apollo". So, I did a google search on Apollo and learned a couple interesting things.

1. Apollo, the Sun god, brings life-giving heat and light to Earth.

2. The arrows of Apollo and Artemis invariably killed and the Greeks explained epidemics of diseases by supposing that they were shooting their arrows at people; and so, by praying to Apollo, the epidemic might be made to stop. In this way, Apollo became associated with the cure of diseases.

3. He was a mortal medical healer who was so successful that he was reputed to have the ability to bring the dead back to life

And for those that believe the Dharma symbol is a snake instead of a swan:

1. The snake was a symbol of medicine and doctors and the Latin name for his constellation is Ophiuchus (oh fee YOO kuhs) which means “serpent-holder”.

Probably over analyzing....

http://www.wordsources.info/apollo.html

I noticed that the name of the candy bars that Kate took were "Apollo". So, I did a google search on Apollo and learned a couple interesting things.

1. Apollo, the Sun god, brings life-giving heat and light to Earth.

2. The arrows of Apollo and Artemis invariably killed and the Greeks explained epidemics of diseases by supposing that they were shooting their arrows at people; and so, by praying to Apollo, the epidemic might be made to stop. In this way, Apollo became associated with the cure of diseases.

3. He was a mortal medical healer who was so successful that he was reputed to have the ability to bring the dead back to life

And for those that believe the Dharma symbol is a snake instead of a swan:

1. The snake was a symbol of medicine and doctors and the Latin name for his constellation is Ophiuchus (oh fee YOO kuhs) which means “serpent-holder”.

Probably over analyzing....

http://www.wordsources.info/apollo.html
Also, Apollo once fought Rocky to a double knock out.

I breezed thorough the past pages and did not see this theory. When Desmond is questioning Locke, he asks "is the world still out there?" This in addition to the questions about how many are sick and died, could it be that Desmond is planted to surrive a nuclear explosion and the "others" are the mutated survivors from the explosion. Notice how they walk all stiff legged and stuff. Any takers ?? :popcorn:

I noticed that the name of the candy bars that Kate took were "Apollo".
I know it didn't say this, but did anyone notice on the blurred jar on the shelf behind Kate? Right before she moves the crates. It's blurred but it looked like it said "boone".

I breezed thorough the past pages and did not see this theory. When Desmond is questioning Locke, he asks "is the world still out there?" This in addition to the questions about how many are sick and died, could it be that Desmond is planted to surrive a nuclear explosion and the "others" are the mutated survivors from the explosion. Notice how they walk all stiff legged and stuff. Any takers ?? :popcorn:
that's probably just because they don't have any underware :chafe:

NoCool link, new time waster for all you LOST fans

http://forums.go.com/abc/oceanic/thread?threadID=512798

Nice find on the Apollo stuff, egg!
I have never seen an Apollo bar? Is it a real candy bar (not just created for the show)? If it's real, how long ago did the Apollo candy bar cease to be made? Actually, is it still made somewhere (just not available around here in the PA area)? Is it possible that the bar had some ingredidents in it that would be good for Desmond? I know I read that I soda was developed to try and stop the spreading of disease and we have flouride and other things added to our water.Also, has anyone else found themselves watching for the slight little details? Mark on the shark, candy bar name, word on the box that Kate steps on?

Last but not least if Kate was in the only store room I would have expected the supplies to be a bit more depleted based on the amount of time it seems he has been in the hatch. Unless there was a re-fill or the room was really packed to start with the room looks like a lot of supplies are still in place.

I have never seen an Apollo bar? Is it a real candy bar (not just created for the show)? If it's real, how long ago did the Apollo candy bar cease to be made?
I searched for this last night, but came up dry. There is an "Apollo Candy" listed on one candy company's webpage for discontinued candies. No mention of what kind of candy it was. There also used to be an Apollo chocolate bar made in Japan by a company called Meijia (not sure if i'm remembering the spelling right on that). But it was strawberry flavored, and didn't seem to be the same thing.

The Apollo Candy Bar:

The Apollo Candy Bar was discontinued, but did exist. It was made by a Japanese Company called Meiji. IT was a chocolate cranberry bar with 11 peaks in a package, with chocolate base and cranberry/white chocolate tops.

There was a strawberry variant.

The Meiji Corporation can be found HERE.

So, this island is obviously some grand Japanese experiment in which a weapon or disease will be created to seek revenge against all the enemies of the empire. Obvioulsy, the monster is Godzilla, and the noises we heardin the first season are Mecha-Godzilla.

Mothra will be making an appearance in a few episodes. And the sharks are probably some kind of mutant fish-godzilla that we haven't seen yet.

Solved.

What else is on Wednesday nights?

I'm already on it.

Hello of America again!

Ok... It's official. The reason Germans obsess over David Hasselhoff is that they're gay.
Hupen is a nice Word! :D :D

But Kate's Hupen are not very important for the Storyline ;)
WTF?

Users who are viewing this thread