What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (1 Viewer)

I'm no aviation expert (and haven't read much of the past few pages), but can someone explain to me how a little dinky drug plane got from Nigeria to the island and where it could possibly be going? I can't imagine that that tiny plane had anywhere near enough fuel to go that far without refueling at least a few times.

Some "Jesus stick" fodder for you guys:

Titus 3

1Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,

2To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.

3For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.

4But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

7That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

8This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

9But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

10A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

11Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

12When I shall send Artemas unto thee, or Tychicus, be diligent to come unto me to Nicopolis: for I have determined there to winter.

13Bring Zenas the lawyer and Apollos on their journey diligently, that nothing be wanting unto them.

14And let our's also learn to maintain good works for necessary uses, that they be not unfruitful.

15All that are with me salute thee. Greet them that love us in the faith. Grace be with you all. Amen.

"Hateth" is on the stick as well.It appears roughly 30 times in the KJV Bible.Exodus 23:5If thou see the ### of him that hateth thee lying under his burden, and wouldest forbear to help him, thou shalt surely help with him.Exodus 23:4-6 (in Context) Exodus 23 (Whole Chapter) Deuteronomy 7:10And repayeth them that hate him to their face, to destroy them: he will not be slack to him that hateth him, he will repay him to his face.Deuteronomy 7:9-11 (in Context) Deuteronomy 7 (Whole Chapter) Deuteronomy 12:31Thou shalt not do so unto the LORD thy God: for every abomination to the LORD, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods.Deuteronomy 12:30-32 (in Context) Deuteronomy 12 (Whole Chapter) Deuteronomy 16:22Neither shalt thou set thee up any image; which the LORD thy God hateth.Deuteronomy 16:21-23 (in Context) Deuteronomy 16 (Whole Chapter) Deuteronomy 22:16And the damsel's father shall say unto the elders, I gave my daughter unto this man to wife, and he hateth her;Deuteronomy 22:15-17 (in Context) Deuteronomy 22 (Whole Chapter) Job 16:9He teareth me in his wrath, who hateth me: he gnasheth upon me with his teeth; mine enemy sharpeneth his eyes upon me.Job 16:8-10 (in Context) Job 16 (Whole Chapter) Job 34:17Shall even he that hateth right govern? and wilt thou condemn him that is most just?Job 34:16-18 (in Context) Job 34 (Whole Chapter) Psalm 11:5The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.Psalm 11:4-6 (in Context) Psalm 11 (Whole Chapter) Psalm 120:6My soul hath long dwelt with him that hateth peace.Psalm 120:5-7 (in Context) Psalm 120 (Whole Chapter) Proverbs 11:15He that is surety for a stranger shall smart for it: and he that hateth suretiship is sure.Proverbs 11:14-16 (in Context) Proverbs 11 (Whole Chapter) Proverbs 12:1Whoso loveth instruction loveth knowledge: but he that hateth reproof is brutish.Proverbs 12:1-3 (in Context) Proverbs 12 (Whole Chapter) Proverbs 13:5A righteous man hateth lying: but a wicked man is loathsome, and cometh to shame.Proverbs 13:4-6 (in Context) Proverbs 13 (Whole Chapter) Proverbs 13:24He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.Proverbs 13:23-25 (in Context) Proverbs 13 (Whole Chapter) Proverbs 15:10Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.Proverbs 15:9-11 (in Context) Proverbs 15 (Whole Chapter) Proverbs 15:27He that is greedy of gain troubleth his own house; but he that hateth gifts shall live.Proverbs 15:26-28 (in Context) Proverbs 15 (Whole Chapter) Proverbs 26:24He that hateth dissembleth with his lips, and layeth up deceit within him;Proverbs 26:23-25 (in Context) Proverbs 26 (Whole Chapter) Proverbs 26:28A lying tongue hateth those that are afflicted by it; and a flattering mouth worketh ruin.Proverbs 26:27-29 (in Context) Proverbs 26 (Whole Chapter) Proverbs 28:16The prince that wanteth understanding is also a great oppressor: but he that hateth covetousness shall prolong his days.Proverbs 28:15-17 (in Context) Proverbs 28 (Whole Chapter) Proverbs 29:24Whoso is partner with a thief hateth his own soul: he heareth cursing, and bewrayeth it not.Proverbs 29:23-25 (in Context) Proverbs 29 (Whole Chapter) Isaiah 1:14Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.Isaiah 1:13-15 (in Context) Isaiah 1 (Whole Chapter) Malachi 2:16For the LORD, the God of Israel, saith that he hateth putting away: for one covereth violence with his garment, saith the LORD of hosts: therefore take heed to your spirit, that ye deal not treacherously.Malachi 2:15-17 (in Context) Malachi 2 (Whole Chapter) John 3:20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.John 3:19-21 (in Context) John 3 (Whole Chapter) John 7:7The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.John 7:6-8 (in Context) John 7 (Whole Chapter) John 12:25He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.John 12:24-26 (in Context) John 12 (Whole Chapter) John 15:19If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.John 15:18-20 (in Context) John 15 (Whole Chapter) John 15:23He that hateth me hateth my Father also.John 15:22-24 (in Context) John 15 (Whole Chapter) 1 John 2:9He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.1 John 2:8-10 (in Context) 1 John 2 (Whole Chapter) 1 John 2:11But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.1 John 2:10-12 (in Context) 1 John 2 (Whole Chapter) 1 John 3:15Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.1 John 3:14-16 (in Context) 1 John 3 (Whole Chapter) 1 John 4:20If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?1 John 4:19-21 (in Context) 1 John 4 (Whole Chapter)

I'm no aviation expert (and haven't read much of the past few pages), but can someone explain to me how a little dinky drug plane got from Nigeria to the island and where it could possibly be going? I can't imagine that that tiny plane had anywhere near enough fuel to go that far without refueling at least a few times.
I would guess it was heading for LA via Australia.

Revelations "3"Revelation 3 1And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead. 2Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God. 3Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee. 4Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy. 5He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. 6He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. 7And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth; 8I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name. 9Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. 10Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. 11Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. 12Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. 13He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. 14And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; 15I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. 17Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: 18I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. 19As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. 20Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. 21To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. 22He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

One of my co-workers insists that Eko misquoted the 23rd Psalm, switching "shadow" and "valley". Did anyone catch this? Is there any significance, or is it just screwed up lines? I'll go back and look at it when I get home tonight.
I noticed that too. I wonder why they did that? Charlie said the same thing.

One of my co-workers insists that Eko misquoted the 23rd Psalm, switching "shadow" and "valley".  Did anyone catch this?  Is there any significance, or is it just screwed up lines?  I'll go back and look at it when I get home tonight.
I noticed that too. I wonder why they did that? Charlie said the same thing.
I didn't notice, but could it be a reference to the "smoke" monster?

One of my co-workers insists that Eko misquoted the 23rd Psalm, switching "shadow" and "valley". Did anyone catch this? Is there any significance, or is it just screwed up lines? I'll go back and look at it when I get home tonight.
Psalm 231The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Marilyn Manson has a song titled "Through the Shadow of the Valley of Death"In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death LyricsWe have no future...Heaven wasn't made for me.We burn ourselves to hell,As fast as it can be.I wish that I could be a king...Then I'd know that I am not alone.Maggots put on shirts,Sell each other ####.Sometimes I feel so worthless...Sometimes I feel discarded...I wish that I was good enough,Then I'd know that I am not alone.Death is policeman.Death is the priest.Death is the stereo.Death is a TV.Death is the Devil.Death is an angel. Death is our God,Killing us all.She puts the seeds in me.Plant this dying tree.She's a burning string...And I'm just the ashes.She puts the seeds in me.Plant this dying tree.She's a burning string...And I'm just the ashes.So maybe Adebise is a MM fan?

Marilyn Manson has a song titled "Through the Shadow of the Valley of Death"

In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death Lyrics

We have no future...

Heaven wasn't made for me.

We burn ourselves to hell,

As fast as it can be.

I wish that I could be a king...

Then I'd know that I am not alone.

Maggots put on shirts,

Sell each other ####.

Sometimes I feel so worthless...

Sometimes I feel discarded...

I wish that I was good enough,

Death is policeman.

Death is the priest.

Death is the stereo.

Death is a TV.

Death is the Devil.

Death is an angel.

Death is our God,

Killing us all.

She puts the seeds in me.

Plant this dying tree.

She's a burning string...

And I'm just the ashes.

Plant this dying tree.

And I'm just the ashes.

So maybe Adebise is a MM fan?
Probably just a mistake (a bad one at that) by the writers of the show.

Marilyn Manson has a song titled "Through the Shadow of the Valley of Death"

In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death Lyrics

We have no future...

Heaven wasn't made for me.

We burn ourselves to hell,

As fast as it can be.

I wish that I could be a king...

Maggots put on shirts,

Sell each other ####.

Sometimes I feel so worthless...

Sometimes I feel discarded...

I wish that I was good enough,

Death is policeman.

Death is the priest.

Death is the stereo.

Death is a TV.

Death is the Devil.

Death is an angel.

Death is our God,

Killing us all.

Plant this dying tree.

And I'm just the ashes.

Plant this dying tree.

And I'm just the ashes.

So maybe Adebise is a MM fan?
Probably. There is actually a pretty decent sized conversation that has taken place over the meaning of that psalm. I'm guessing people hear it so much that some of the words get crossed.

One of my co-workers insists that Eko misquoted the 23rd Psalm, switching "shadow" and "valley".  Did anyone catch this?  Is there any significance, or is it just screwed up lines?  I'll go back and look at it when I get home tonight.
Psalm 231The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
And just for the record - I know some of you have posted somewhere that the writers say that the island is no religious themed place or a heaven or hell or whatnot - but psalm 23 pretty much sums up at the very least Eko's life on the island after that episode.

I don't think so....too big of a mistake. Everyone knows the 23rd Psalm, somebody would have caught it.
I dont know it
ok, everybody but you. :P

But really, you've never heard this before?

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil.

I don't think so....too big of a mistake. Everyone knows the 23rd Psalm, somebody would have caught it.
I dont know it
ok, everybody but you. :P

But really, you've never heard this before?

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil.
Yes I heard it before but I dont know it word for word nor would I have recognized if 2 words were accidentally switched.

Ok - the reference to Titus is interesting if for nothing else then I am really not in the mood to write the pleading I have to write at the moment:Paul writes to Titus to inform him of how to keep and run the church at Crete - and island where Titus was left by Paul - possibly by the hand of God - to birth that church for an island of unbelievers who were known to be not in faith. I think. I'm using the internet and my memory to recall something I thought I knew.

You guys should know by now... There are no accidents on this show. Everything they present to you is there for a reason. It will be revealed when the writters want it to be.

i thought the shadow monster was showing eko things from his past to try to scare him or gain control over him through fear. like a test that showed the viewer that you cant get to him that way because hes conquered his fears.

I guess I am still thinking that with what we saw in the first few episodes of last season, the crash seemed pretty violent. I seem to remember some sort of turbulence when Charlie went into the bathroom and not too long after that the plane was torn in half. That to me says that the event that crashed the plane happened swiftly. I am no aviation expert, but even messing up the electrical system, doesn't seem like it would tear the plane apart in just a few seconds/minutes. I could see a plane go down because of electrical problems, but it would need to freefall a bit for me to think that forces would then rip the plane in half.
True but it could have always been the smoke monster too....which according to theories is controlled by the electromagnetic force.Edited - since it's not spoiler, but speculation.

Last edited by a moderator:
i thought the shadow monster was showing eko things from his past to try to scare him or gain control over him through fear. like a test that showed the viewer that you cant get to him that way because hes conquered his fears.
I thought it didn't go after him because he showed no fear but that's just me....

I actually couldn't get into it at first. Way too long between episodes. And I don't like the Anna Lucia character at all or the tailies in general.But I was surprised. Great episode, well done by Adebesi (Oz reference).

Anna Lucia is my second fav character on the show (Eko is my Fav). Sawyer and Jin are prob my #s 3 and 4.

i thought the shadow monster was showing eko things from his past to try to scare him or gain control over him through fear.  like a test that showed the viewer that you cant get to him that way because hes conquered his fears.
I thought it didn't go after him because he showed no fear but that's just me....
he also was willing to welcome his fate.... i think

Didn't Charlie say something along the lines of "most people run" talking about the smoke monster?

Loved when he was staring down the smoke. Even the smoke monster knows better than to f*** with Eko!Also found the bit about Aaron/Moses at the beginning to be interesting.

Loved when he was staring down the smoke. Even the smoke monster knows better than to f*** with Eko!

Also found the bit about Aaron/Moses at the beginning to be interesting.
yes.. Ecko and his brother? who spoke?

I'm no aviation expert (and haven't read much of the past few pages), but can someone explain to me how a little dinky drug plane got from Nigeria to the island and where it could possibly be going?  I can't imagine that that tiny plane had anywhere near enough fuel to go that far without refueling at least a few times.
If you are headed for LA from Nigeria, I believe going across the Atlantic would be the shorter distance. But I doubt a plane of that size would have the fuel to make the flight.

The plane wasn't that small. It was a twin engine plane that had a decent sized cargo hold. The plane doesn't look much smaller than the plane Amelia Earhart nearly circumnavigated the globe in.The plane could have flown from Nigera to western Africa refueled there and then gone through south and southeast Asia to get to Australia. It's a much longer way to get to North America, but there is more landmass through the area which would allow for more frequent fuel stops. Getting to Hawaii from the South Pacific would be difficult, but they never made it that far.

Perhaps the "where were they going?" question will be answered later in another Eko backstory.

I'm no aviation expert (and haven't read much of the past few pages), but can someone explain to me how a little dinky drug plane got from Nigeria to the island and where it could possibly be going?  I can't imagine that that tiny plane had anywhere near enough fuel to go that far without refueling at least a few times.
If you are headed for LA from Nigeria, I believe going across the Atlantic would be the shorter distance. But I doubt a plane of that size would have the fuel to make the flight.
Eko was Charlie's suplier of drugs. All 300 statues were not on that plane so I am figuring they did a hop skip and a jump technique. Going from Nigeria to say India, to say Indonesia, to say New Zealand, then Austrailia then maybe got lost and wound up on the island. It makes sense to think of it that way rather then saying Nigeria to Austrailia to America. I dont think they were ever headed to America though.

Anyone wonder why Roses husband can't recall his name right now. Was in a plane seat in the tree. In the fist repeat/review episode he was going to the bathroom. A fact I had fogotten.
If he had a seat next to Rose [which we dont know for sure], he probably did the same thing Charlie did. He was in the bathroom or waiting in line, then turbulence hit, so he just grabbed a seat.His name is Bernard by the way.
I got the impression the turbalance hit so fast they wouldnt' have a chance for finding a seat, belting in (otherwise dont' see him safely landing in a tree). Rose also mentioned "when he got back" so they should have been sitting toghether.Oh well nothing that really matters just found it odd.

i thought the shadow monster was showing eko things from his past to try to scare him or gain control over him through fear.  like a test that showed the viewer that you cant get to him that way because hes conquered his fears.
Didn't Charlie say something along the lines of "most people run" talking about the smoke monster?
The smoke monster was pretty cool and I do think that it was scanning Eko, not trying to scare him.I think there is more to the whole "good" people thing with the others and why they grabbed "good" people. I actually think the monster is not bad, but checking people that are on the island, i.e. if it had run into a bad person, it might have skewered them.

All in all, a heck of an episode and another reason why Eko is my favorite character.

Actually, the character I am starting to not like is Kate, and possibly Charlie for the whole drug thing which won't be anything other than soap opera. Kate was an independent, solid character in the first season. She was one of the leaders that went on the expeditions, etc., and now she looks like a school girl with a crush on Sawyer.

Hey, any thoughts on the preview for next week. Looks like Michael goes off on his own and Jack, Locke and Sawyer go after him.The scene that sent chills up my spine was when the fires (looked like torches) lit up in a circle around them and someone said "this is my (or our?) island". Looks like a good one.Edit to Add: I think the whole computer conversation with Walt is a mind f***. It made me think of the time Jack saw his Dad. First of all, the questions only came up when Michael was right there and it "happened" to be Walt on the other end. Second, when Jack went behind Michael, there was nothing on the screen. Maybe the warning on the film was that they knew about the visions and thus knew that responding to them was bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eko was Charlie's suplier of drugs. All 300 statues were not on that plane so I am figuring they did a hop skip and a jump technique. Going from Nigeria to say India, to say Indonesia, to say New Zealand, then Austrailia then maybe got lost and wound up on the island. It makes sense to think of it that way rather then saying Nigeria to Austrailia to America. I dont think they were ever headed to America though.
I can't imagine that the small (relatively speaking) amoung of stuff they had on the plane would allow them to almost go door-to-door to deliver the smack. From what I've ever seen on drug trafficking, they have a lot of stuff that they pass on to someone else to split up--not a few little baggies.While a lot of money by Nigerian standards, the amount they could have fetched for what they had to sell was peanuts to be flying all over the world to sell a few statues at a time. The island and Nigeria are nowhere near each other--in fact they are literally on opposite sides of the world. Europe is quite close to Nigeria, and the East coast of the U.S. would be much easier to get to. I can't even begin to imagine where they were going.

The only thing I can guess is if no one on the plane was really a pilot and had limited knowledge of how to fly the thing. But that still doesn't explain how they had enough fuel to get to the island. They almost certainly had to land SOMEWHERE, and at that point they would know where they were.

I can't imagine that the small (relatively speaking) amoung of stuff they had on the plane would allow them to almost go door-to-door to deliver the smack. From what I've ever seen on drug trafficking, they have a lot of stuff that they pass on to someone else to split up--not a few little baggies.While a lot of money by Nigerian standards, the amount they could have fetched for what they had to sell was peanuts to be flying all over the world to sell a few statues at a time. The island and Nigeria are nowhere near each other--in fact they are literally on opposite sides of the world. Europe is quite close to Nigeria, and the East coast of the U.S. would be much easier to get to. I can't even begin to imagine where they were going.

The only thing I can guess is if no one on the plane was really a pilot and had limited knowledge of how to fly the thing. But that still doesn't explain how they had enough fuel to get to the island. They almost certainly had to land SOMEWHERE, and at that point they would know where they were.
There are so many holes in these theories as to how the plane got there. First, hop, skipping, and jumping aroud the southern hemisphere is very unlikely. Eko's brother would not still be on that plane. He was dead the moment it took off, either by the military's bullets or Eko's friends would have whacked him. There is no way they go landing in 10 different countries with a stiff on board. Secondly, the plane still did have a lot of fuel on board for Eko to torch it the way he did. Therefore, it could not have travelled too far. There was a theory previously that the island actually moves, I thought it was an absurd theory before but now it seems like a plausible theory. Or the Oceanic flight was a lot more off target than originally believed.

"For confession to mean something you must have a penitent heart" = Eko's brother the PriestI am taking this and the black smoke to mean that Eko has confessed his sins and now has a penitent heart. Not speaking for 40 days after killing 2 Others has to have some kind of penitence to it as well.

"For confession to mean something you must have a penitent heart" = Eko's brother the Priest

I am taking this and the black smoke to mean that Eko has confessed his sins and now has a penitent heart. Not speaking for 40 days after killing 2 Others has to have some kind of penitence to it as well.
Eko is not a "bad guy" anymore. I think that he always thought of himself as a good person, i.e. not shooting the boy after slicing the two guys, but that he would be dead and possibly his brother if he didn't continue as a warlord type guy. I think when his brother was shot he really changed to a good person.That is why he answered yes to the question of whether or not he was a priest.After he killed the 2 others, he did stop talking for 40 days because he considered himself a priest and even though he did it in self-defense he did it as you said to serve his penitence.

There was a theory previously that the island actually moves, I thought it was an absurd theory before but now it seems like a plausible theory. Or the Oceanic flight was a lot more off target than originally believed.
That was my wacko theory after seeing the inside of the hatch. While I dropped the theory after the inside of the hatch was fully mapped, this Nigerian plane storyline is bringing it back as a possibility. Although the "realism" of the story has been put in question with the black cloud in this last episode.

"For confession to mean something you must have a penitent heart" = Eko's brother the Priest

I am taking this and the black smoke to mean that Eko has confessed his sins and now has a penitent heart.  Not speaking for 40 days after killing 2 Others has to have some kind of penitence to it as well.
Eko is not a "bad guy" anymore. I think that he always thought of himself as a good person, i.e. not shooting the boy after slicing the two guys, but that he would be dead and possibly his brother if he didn't continue as a warlord type guy. I think when his brother was shot he really changed to a good person.That is why he answered yes to the question of whether or not he was a priest.After he killed the 2 others, he did stop talking for 40 days because he considered himself a priest and even though he did it in self-defense he did it as you said to serve his penitence.
Eko is the yang to Locke's yin. Locke is the Good half (yin), which contains a touch of Evil within it; Eko is the Evil half (yang), which contains a bit of Good.And if my earlier theory pans out (about Locke representing Gilgamesh, and Eko representing his enemy/friend Enkidu), then Eko, alas, will eventually be killed...but not before he and Locke together defeat (or at least face) a common enemy. This has already begun to happen, with the two of them facing down the smoke monster.

I am taking this and the black smoke to mean that Eko has confessed his sins and now has a penitent heart.  Not speaking for 40 days after killing 2 Others has to have some kind of penitence to it as well.
Eko is the yang to Locke's yin. Locke is the Good half (yin), which contains a touch of Evil within it; Eko is the Evil half (yang), which contains a bit of Good.And if my earlier theory pans out (about Locke representing Gilgamesh, and Eko representing his enemy/friend Enkidu), then Eko, alas, will eventually be killed...but not before he and Locke together defeat (or at least face) a common enemy. This has already begun to happen, with the two of them facing down the smoke monster.
I kind of agree, but I thought Endiku and Giglamesh fought each other first.

Users who are viewing this thread