What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (1 Viewer)

Didn't Locke drug Boone at one point to cause him to hallucinate? Could he be doing the same to Charlie? I'm thinking he's in love with Claire and wants Charlie out of the picture. :unsure:

I don't get why you guys think Locke is "evil" all of a sudden.

Charlie took the baby from his crib twice, and started a fire that threatened the camp.  So what if Locke hit him.
#### that.. who is locke to judge?
Easy, killer. It's a TV show.
my wife agrees with you...by 11pm last night she had heard enough of my ranting about locke

Claire may be a boring character but she is much much hotter than Kate. There, I've said it.
Clearly you've been drinking.
I haven't had a drop of alcohol in 20 years, and I agree with him. Kate is overrated. Claire- :wub:
why can't we just all agree on a kate/claire sammich?edit: the ghost of shannon could join in as well

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually don't think Claire is attractive at all. Looks like a lizardwoman to me. Couple that with all the whining and screaming and annoying accent = :hophead:

Locke is the devil.
Seriously or are you just joking around? If you're serious, then what does that make his parents? And why did he want to go on the Australian Walkabout so bad?As much as I think he's going to become a bad guy, I don't think he's the devil incarnate ala Needful Things. I'm pretty sure they're all mortals.

Claire may be a boring character but she is much much hotter than Kate. There, I've said it.
I haven't had a drop of alcohol in 20 years, and I agree with him. Kate is overrated. Claire- :wub:
quitter
I never really started. Decided at age 14 or so that I'd seen enough of damage alcohol causes and vowed never to be a part of it. Nothing I've seen or heard since has made me change my mind.

edit: the ghost of shannon could join in as well
Oh, she'd feel me alright. :D
I think if we did a F/Marry/Kill with these three, poor Claire would be murdered the most.

edit: the ghost of shannon could join in as well
Oh, she'd feel me alright. :D
I think if we did a F/Marry/Kill with these three, poor Claire would be murdered the most.
the characters or the actresses?the characters:

f - shannon

k - kate

m - claire

the actresses

f - kate

k - claire

m - shannon

Didn't Locke drug Boone at one point to cause him to hallucinate? Could he be doing the same to Charlie? I'm thinking he's in love with Claire and wants Charlie out of the picture. :unsure:
A few randow thoughts:There is no pending relationship between Claire and Locke.

There sure is a lot of Charlie bashing going on, of all the screwed up people on the island I think he has overcome the most: basically his career/dream crashed around him, his brother/best friend turned him out, he quit heroin cold turkey, survives plane crash, is kidnapped, he is hung to death and then revived, kills a man, is stranded on the island for 2 months, battles internally over a mountain of smack, and his closest friend that he may or may not have the hots for turns her back on him for really no good reason, thus seperating him from a baby that in his mind has become a father to.

That is a rough couple of months. No wonder the guy was debating using again.

I still like Charlie and think he will play an important roll again soon, maybe from a loner role.

Locke has seen his survival as a rebirth. He knows that he was a soft man back in the real world and that he was easily taken advantage of, he is now able to re-invent himself into a stronger man and into the leader that he always wanted to be, so it is a new role that he is still trying to figure out.

Regarding Hurley and Libby, I think that maybe she was in the pysch ward, but one thing that is not clear to me is: Was Hurley a patient or like a volunteer? Everyone keeps saying that he was a patient there but the impression that I originally got was that he actually was like a volunteer / candy stripper type person.

Also, Libby was a stewardess so she could have been working the door when Hurley boarded the plane, but was stationed in the rear to work. I think maybe she does know who Hurley is from the looney bin and may know about his cash that is why she is showing the interest, because come on what psuedo hot chick in their right mind is digging Hurley unless he has a fat bank account?

Also, curious that they have kind of completely dismissed Rose & Bernard. I guess alot of characters have been after thoughts lately.

Also, I would like them to at least briefly introduce some of the other survivors from time to time. They don't need to write them a role just a simple, good morning Julie, or Billy Bob any luck fishing today?

Not sure if this has been mentioned. I'm not reading previous posts. Did anyone notice in Charlie's hallucination when his mother and Claire were together on the beach and the dove started to fly, the black smoke thing that we see in different episodes start to fly the same time as the dove?

On another note...

TV's 'hottest hunk'

:yes:

Also, Libby was a stewardess so she could have been working the door when Hurley boarded the plane, but was stationed in the rear to work.
No, the stewardess was the brunette who disappeared right before Shannon was shot.Libby has claimed to be a clinical psychologist.

Didn't Locke drug Boone at one point to cause him to hallucinate?  Could he be doing the same to Charlie?  I'm thinking he's in love with Claire and wants Charlie out of the picture.  :unsure:
A few randow thoughts:There is no pending relationship between Claire and Locke.

There sure is a lot of Charlie bashing going on, of all the screwed up people on the island I think he has overcome the most: basically his career/dream crashed around him, his brother/best friend turned him out, he quit heroin cold turkey, survives plane crash, is kidnapped, he is hung to death and then revived, kills a man, is stranded on the island for 2 months, battles internally over a mountain of smack, and his closest friend that he may or may not have the hots for turns her back on him for really no good reason, thus seperating him from a baby that in his mind has become a father to.

That is a rough couple of months. No wonder the guy was debating using again.

I still like Charlie and think he will play an important roll again soon, maybe from a loner role.

Locke has seen his survival as a rebirth. He knows that he was a soft man back in the real world and that he was easily taken advantage of, he is now able to re-invent himself into a stronger man and into the leader that he always wanted to be, so it is a new role that he is still trying to figure out.

Regarding Hurley and Libby, I think that maybe she was in the pysch ward, but one thing that is not clear to me is: Was Hurley a patient or like a volunteer? Everyone keeps saying that he was a patient there but the impression that I originally got was that he actually was like a volunteer / candy stripper type person.

Also, Libby was a stewardess so she could have been working the door when Hurley boarded the plane, but was stationed in the rear to work. I think maybe she does know who Hurley is from the looney bin and may know about his cash that is why she is showing the interest, because come on what psuedo hot chick in their right mind is digging Hurley unless he has a fat bank account?

Also, curious that they have kind of completely dismissed Rose & Bernard. I guess alot of characters have been after thoughts lately.

Also, I would like them to at least briefly introduce some of the other survivors from time to time. They don't need to write them a role just a simple, good morning Julie, or Billy Bob any luck fishing today?
Cindy was the stewardess. She went MIA when the taillies were hoisting Sawyer up a hill.

Everyone keeps saying that [Hurley] was a patient there but the impression that I originally got was that he actually was like a volunteer / candy stripper type person.
I think you meant "candy striper", but I did get a chuckle out of imagining Hurley as a stripper. (And what is a "candy stripper" anyway? If Hurley was a candy, he'd be an Everlasting Gobstopper.)

Not sure if this has been mentioned. I'm not reading previous posts. Did anyone notice in Charlie's hallucination when his mother and Claire were together on the beach and the dove started to fly, the black smoke thing that we see in different episodes start to fly the same time as the dove?
I noticed that. It convinced me that the nano-cloud is behind the "visions" and "dreams".

Everyone keeps saying that [Hurley] was a patient there but the impression that I originally got was that he actually was like a volunteer / candy stripper type person.
I think you meant "candy striper", but I did get a chuckle out of imagining Hurley as a stripper. (And what is a "candy stripper" anyway? If Hurley was a candy, he'd be an Everlasting Gobstopper.)
Sick. I had just finished lunch and popped a gobstopper in my mouth. :X

I noticed that. It convinced me that the nano-cloud is behind the "visions" and "dreams".
I HD-DVR'd the episode last night and want to go back and look for that. Thanks.

Oops, Freudian slip. Not that I am trying to picture Hurley naked, but I guess I have strippers and candy on my mind.
No, the stewardess was the brunette who disappeared right before Shannon was shot.

Libby has claimed to be a clinical psychologist.
I stand corrected, then it makes even more sense that she knows Hurley.

Oops, Freudian slip. Not that I am trying to picture Hurley naked, but I guess I have strippers and candy on my mind.
No, the stewardess was the brunette who disappeared right before Shannon was shot.

What are the odds that Libby knew Hurley from the psych ward, saw that he had won the lottery and was stalking him for a slice of the $$$...?

the characters or the actresses?the characters:

f - shannon

k - kate

m - claire

the actresses

f - kate

k - claire

m - shannon
:confused: You'd marry Claire's character but kill her in real life?
yeah, of the characters she gets marry by default...shannon is too nutty and kate is a murderer

Did anyone get anything out of last nights episode? Was there some ground-laying stuff there that I'm missing?

Did anyone get anything out of last nights episode? Was there some ground-laying stuff there that I'm missing?
Apparently, Charlie has a history with drugs. That was a pretty big revelation.

Thanx guys! :rolleyes: I guess we did learn that Libby is another hottie, that should count for something.

Not sure if this has been mentioned.  I'm not reading previous posts.  Did anyone notice in Charlie's hallucination when his mother and Claire were together on the beach and the dove started to fly, the black smoke thing that we see in different episodes start to fly the same time as the dove?
Haha, one more convert. I think I am going to start a list of what I consider to be potential visions caused by the monster/island:1. Jack seeing his Dad. This was a helpful vision because it ended up that the vision led him to the water hole and the cave.

2. The pilot getting axed. Not sure on this one at all because so far, this is the only time the monster did actual physical harm that we have seen.

3. How about the first polar bear? We haven't seen one in quite a while, so it could have been more of a vision. Not sure of the meaning, but if Kate can touch the horse later, then I see no reason for the polar bear not to end up looking like it was shot.

4. Locke seeing the monster point blank. Unfortunately, we saw nothing, just Locke saying that he saw the island and it was beautiful.

5. Boone's vision of Shannon getting killed (was this the swooping bird?). We saw

Locke mixing something so we assumed that he gave Boone a hallucinogen, but maybe Locke just brought him to a spot close to where he saw the monster and just knocked him out assuming he would see a vision.

6. Boone's vision of the plane, etc. This actually seems harmful to Boone in that he died at the site, but if it was trying to be helpful, it did show Locke and Boone how to find the radio which could communicate to the tailies. Also, finding the plane and heroin did help Eko find closure/peace with his brother. We just didn't know that it was important to Eko at that point.

7. Not sure about this one, but how about the polar bear that chased Walt. We all know that the polar bear was seen in the comic book that Walt was reading, so might not be far-fetched that this some incarnation of the monster as well. If it was, it was seen by Michael and Locke and was also being quite violent.

8. Sawyer and the boar. The boar never really harmed Sawyer, so I would say it was helping him come to closure on killing that guy that wasn't the real Sawyer. Don't forget that he heard whispers and one said "It'll come around" which is a phrase that only Sawyer would have known.

9. Shannon seeing Walt a few times. Not sure if this was a distress call or something else because the last one ended up getting her killed. Also, Sayid did see Walt as well. Note that it only happened after Walt gave Shannon the dog.

Feel free to add any scenes that might actually be visions, etc.

10. Kate, Sawyer and her horse. Seemed helpful as it kind of brought her some closure. To be honest, I think the whole Sawyer turning into her step-dad/mom's boyfriend was a vision/dream as well.

11. Michael and the computer. When Jack walked around behind him there was nothing on the screen. We have also seen other people hit keys when the code wasn't ready to be entered and nothing happened. I definitely think that this was all a vision to get Michael to go after Walt.

12. There are a bunch of times we have heard the whispers with Sayid, the tailies, Sawyer, etc., so I will lump them into one bucket. Note that from what we have seen, there seems to be no direct connection between the whispers and the Others. We never heard whispers when Goodwin or Ethan were around, when the Others walked in front of Eko/Jin, when the Others attacked the tailies and when they kidnapped Walt.

13. Charlie's dreams about saving Aaron. Although it led Charlie to be an outcast, we haven't seen the final results, but it did end up accomplishing what Charlie wanted, Claire and Aaron were baptized.

14. I almost forgot about Hurley's vision of him eating everything and seeing Jin in the chicken suit. In a round about way, this also led Hurley to gain closure/peace by having the BBQ.

:tinfoilhat: This is a real, real, real ridiculously big stretch, so don't bash me for it, just throwing it out there:

How about Desmond being a vision? I am jumping way over the line on this, mainly because we saw him doing things down below the hatch before they blew it open. The only thing that makes me think that this is even remotely possible is that all visions so far always had to do with someone that a person would have known. So, is it more far fetched to think that Desmond, a random guy Jack met really crashed on the island or that some mind reading power (which we have already seen proof of) put that "character" there to instruct the survivors on what to do? I don't know. It would still shock me if Desmond wasn't really on the island, but the way he ran off and just disappeared makes me think that there is still a sliver of possibility.

"Our boy". I don't trust Locke at all. And now he's moving in.
I am getting the same feeling about Locke. Why the hell is he keeping the statues? Something to hold over Charlie or what?
I think he is keeping the smack for future medicinal uses.I like the fuzzy lil hobbit. I don't get all the hate for him. I am really starting to dislike Locke though.

Hopefully there will soon be a fight featuring Kate and Anna Lucia. Preferably in the surf or in a mud pit.

What are the odds that Libby knew Hurley from the psych ward, saw that he had won the lottery and was stalking him for a slice of the $$$...?
Possible. Considering that he is a jabba and when cleaned up she ain't half bad, money would have to be a factor for her to flirt with him and god forbid sleep with him. :X

I wanted to chime in on the visions thing.I feel that what Charlie was experiencing last night was very different from seeing a horse or seeing Walt.For one, Kate saw the horse and then Sawyer saw it with her. Shannon saw Walt and then Sayid saw him with her. Also, those thing manifested in daylight.Charlie's vision of his mom and Claire was interupted by Hurley, yet Hurley didn't see it. Therefore, I think they're different.Maybe what Charlie experienced was a more powerful version of these visions, but I'm going to place myself in the camp that the horse wasn't a vision and that Walt wasn't either.Horse = probably realWalt = psychic projection (whispers fall into this category too)Charlie's vision = dream/vision

Did anyone get anything out of last nights episode?  Was there some ground-laying stuff there that I'm missing?
this episode sucked big time IMO. Charlie would be better off hanging himself from one of the trees he didn't burn down or joining the Others than staying with this bunch ##### bags.

I wanted to chime in on the visions thing.

I feel that what Charlie was experiencing last night was very different from seeing a horse or seeing Walt.

For one, Kate saw the horse and then Sawyer saw it with her. Shannon saw Walt and then Sayid saw him with her. Also, those thing manifested in daylight.

Charlie's vision of his mom and Claire was interupted by Hurley, yet Hurley didn't see it. Therefore, I think they're different.

Maybe what Charlie experienced was a more powerful version of these visions, but I'm going to place myself in the camp that the horse wasn't a vision and that Walt wasn't either.

Horse = probably real

Walt = psychic projection (whispers fall into this category too)

Charlie's vision = dream/vision
Hulk, don't forget that we have seen that the visions can be targeted towards just one person, like Michael with the computer. Jack didn't see anything on the screen. I think it is possible that the visions/dreams/voices can be targetted at one or more people. I don't know why or how, but I don't think it is a stretch.Remember that Charlie was not sleeping when he saw Hurley, it is just that Hurley snapped him out of the vision. I don't think what he saw was any different than when Kate saw the horse, just that whatever showed the horse to Kate, also showed it to Sawyer.

Hopefully, one day we will figure out how it all works ;) , but right now, IMHO, I think the monster/visions/whispers all connected to some Dharma research project.

I wanted to chime in on the visions thing.

I feel that what Charlie was experiencing last night was very different from seeing a horse or seeing Walt.

For one, Kate saw the horse and then Sawyer saw it with her.  Shannon saw Walt and then Sayid saw him with her.  Also, those thing manifested in daylight.

Charlie's vision of his mom and Claire was interupted by Hurley, yet Hurley didn't see it.  Therefore, I think they're different.

Maybe what Charlie experienced was a more powerful version of these visions, but I'm going to place myself in the camp that the horse wasn't a vision and that Walt wasn't either.

Horse = probably real

Walt = psychic projection (whispers fall into this category too)

Charlie's vision = dream/vision
Hulk, don't forget that we have seen that the visions can be targeted towards just one person, like Michael with the computer. Jack didn't see anything on the screen. I think it is possible that the visions/dreams/voices can be targetted at one or more people. I don't know why or how, but I don't think it is a stretch.Remember that Charlie was not sleeping when he saw Hurley, it is just that Hurley snapped him out of the vision. I don't think what he saw was any different than when Kate saw the horse, just that whatever showed the horse to Kate, also showed it to Sawyer.

Hopefully, one day we will figure out how it all works ;) , but right now, IMHO, I think the monster/visions/whispers all connected to some Dharma research project.
Or the sickness Danielle was talking about last season?

Hurley's dream of jin in the chicken suit needs to be added to the dream/vision thing. Probably wasn't too important, but it could be significant in that nobody knew Jin was back on the island...

Thanx guys! :rolleyes:
WTF kind of answers did you expect to such a dumb question?
Easy Killer. Every week, people find things that I miss like "alex" with the captured kate. What makes this week any different?

Did anyone get anything out of last nights episode?  Was there some ground-laying stuff there that I'm missing?
Easy Killer. Every week, people find things that I miss like "alex" with the captured kate. What makes this week any different?
Calm down Sport..... we're all friends here. We just like to talk about Lost. We're not looking for trouble.

I wasn't giving you a hard time. My comment was meant to be a dig on the lameness of last night's episode.

Relax, Ace. Do you really think people are keeping stuff from you?

I wasn't giving you a hard time. My comment was meant to be a dig on the lameness of last night's episode.
Yeah, it was the worst episode so far. Charlie is boring, Claire is boring, YECCHHH.If I hear Claire yell "Mah Buhayyyyybayyy" one more time I'm going to have to break something.

Claire / Kate / Shannon [ 8 ] [12.70%] Claire / Shannon / Kate [ 3 ] [4.76%] Kate / Claire / Shannon [ 18 ] [28.57%] Kate / Shannon / Claire [ 9 ] [14.29%] Shannon / Claire / Kate [ 6 ] [9.52%] Shannon / Kate / Claire [ 18 ] [28.57%] Total Votes: 62After 62 votes, it's sunk to the middle of page 2, so I think it's dead.Results:

Claire: 11 F's - 24 Marries - 27 Kills

Kate: 27 F's - 26 Marries - 9 Kills

Shannon: 24 F's - 12 Marries - 26 Kills

Claire did get the most Kills, but barely. I can't believe how many F's and Marries she got.

Glad to see hardly anyone wants to kill Kate, but I'm surprised not more people want to F Shannon.

Diff'rent Strokes I guess. :shrug:

Hulk, don't forget that we have seen that the visions can be targeted towards just one person, like Michael with the computer. Jack didn't see anything on the screen.
I for one don't think Michael was having a vision there. I just think the message vanished before Jack came around to an angle where he could see it.Total speculation on my part, but thats my opinion.

Hulk, don't forget that we have seen that the visions can be targeted towards just one person, like Michael with the computer. Jack didn't see anything on the screen.
I for one don't think Michael was having a vision there. I just think the message vanished before Jack came around to an angle where he could see it.Total speculation on my part, but thats my opinion.
It is possible, but the writers seems to do stuff like that on purpose. Michael was so worried that Jack would see and Jack walked right around him and there was nothing. Michael didn't do anything on the keyboard, so if it was really typed in, wouldn't it have to still be there based on a DOS like OS?Until we saw Eko's mind being read, I really didn't put all the visions together. It just seems like the only reason that the show had Jack walk around Michael was to give us a hint, that it really wasn't happening in real life, just in Michael's mind.

Edit to Add: Not trying to sway your opinion Hulk, just throwing mine out as well. I guess I am hanging my hat on this whole vision/dream/whisper/monster thing and I will keep watching to see if I notice anything else along the way.

Hurley's dream of jin in the chicken suit needs to be added to the dream/vision thing. Probably wasn't too important, but it could be significant in that nobody knew Jin was back on the island...
I put that one in. I forgot it so it was the last one, not in the right time sequence (although it was all ordered on what I remembered and I am sure it is out of sequence).Even though it didn't lead to anything, I think it is important overall in that until this season, we didn't really think of some of the earlier things the same as what we might think of them now after the monster scanned Eko's thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread