What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (2 Viewers)

I'm glad the clock will finally strike 0 inside the hatch. That's a plot development that needs to have a resolution rather than being strung along. I'm interested to see what actually will happen if it's not reset.
FYI, it has been shown that the clock shown in the preview is different from the real clock, which leads to the thought that it might be a dream.
Thanks for the clarification. Well now I guess we have to see how this gets played out. Haven't the writers confirmed they will address the clock striking 0 at some point this season? I'm not looking for a spoiler, just thought I read that somewhere.
It was in one of the podcasts (I don't get them, but someone posted a transcript) that the writers/producers do. They mentioned a few things in season 2, that we would find out what happens when the clock hits zero, why Hurlet hasn't gained weight and I think why the plane crashed.

I think it was the same clock, but the camrea angle excluded the white numbers (the seconds)... what we saw in the preview was the minute countdown - when that gets to zero there are still 59 seconds left.

Just throwing **** against the wall and seeing what sticks... I don't think that the clock counting down to zero is going to be the actual timer in the hatch. But, there has been speculation in the past that the island and the Dharma project is some sort of magnetic force or something along those lines. What if letting the numbers expire ignites this magnetic force attracting more people to the island? Maybe that is what happened to get the plane to crash.
Interesting thought. Since it appears to be two clocks, I do think the one in the hatch will hit zero, but that the second one will in another Dharma bunker. Just the way they show the preview one with a single zero and no seconds counter (white backs) it almost looks more like an indicator that a counter like the hatch one.I am not sure about causing the plane crash, though, but it is a thought. We know Danielle's team crashed on the island because they came too close when listening for the numbers. Also, if it was a big enough magnetic force to tear apart the plane in mid-air, wouldn't the tail, fuselage and cockpit fall to spots much closer to each other instead of all over the island?

I think it was the same clock, but the camrea angle excluded the white numbers (the seconds)... what we saw in the preview was the minute countdown - when that gets to zero there are still 59 seconds left.
Look at the links I posted above. You will see that there is only one bar, between the minutes (3 digits) and the seconds on the hatch one. In the preview one, there is a bar between each of the 3 black (minutes on the hatch one) numbers. Also, look at the hatch one and you see how much closer the minutes counters are compared to the single zero on the preview one.I think it is pretty clear that the counters are not identical, but that also doesn't mean that it couldn't be a prop mistake. Remember the promo photos on that Lost Media site clearly showed a guy grabbing Sun, but that wasn't even in the show. They might have cut it out because it didn't look enough like Charlie. Now knowing it was Charlie I almost think it was a stunt double that did the scene, probably one for Sun getting dragged as well. They cut the guy out because it didn't look enough like Charlie.

Anyone notice factions forming within the survivors?

Good:

Jack

Locke

Ana-Lucia

Bad:

Sawyer

Charlie

?Kate?
One amazing part of the writing of this show is the incredible deveopment they've done on all of these characters. You see good and bad from each so other than Jack, I don't have anyone who I would consider as purely "good". I do see factions forming, but if I had to guess it would be very different from yours. I'd go with:Jack, Kate and several of the others (Sayid, Jin, Hurley, etc) against those who turn "bad" -- Sawyer, Charlie ... and I still think Locke is going to pan out as evil.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there is more than one clock, we don't know if the computer that controls Jack's bunker also controls all the other clocks. We assume one computer controls one clock, but this may not be the case. Maybe the end of the episode will show Jack's clock strike zeros and then we get a glimpse of another bunker with something happening (sorta like how Desmond woke up earlier this season).

Anyone notice factions forming within the survivors?

Good:

Jack

Locke

Ana-Lucia

Bad:

Sawyer

Charlie

?Kate?
One amazing part of the writing of this show is the incredible deveopment they've done on all of these characters. You see good and bad from each so other than Jack, I don't have anyone who I would consider as purely "good". I do see factions forming, but if I had to guess it would be very different from yours. I'd go with:Jack, Kate and several of the others (Sayid, Jin, Hurley, etc) against those who turn "bad" -- Sawyer, Charlie ... and I still think Locke is going to pan out as evil.
As I referenced earlier, I think Kate's a bit isolated at the moment. Jack's shunning her and Sawyer's played her so the two people on the island she's been closest to have in essence pushed her away. There's a wealth of potential to be played off that so it'll be interesting to see how the writers proceed with her character.

If there is more than one clock, we don't know if the computer that controls Jack's bunker also controls all the other clocks. We assume one computer controls one clock, but this may not be the case. Maybe the end of the episode will show Jack's clock strike zeros and then we get a glimpse of another bunker with something happening (sorta like how Desmond woke up earlier this season).
:goodposting: That is exactly what I posted above. If the images are correct (meaning that they are different clocks) and the writers/producers not lying to us that we would find out what happens when the clock hits zero, then I think we may see nothing happen to the hatch, but something happen to another bunker, maybe the Others?

As I referenced earlier, I think Kate's a bit isolated at the moment. Jack's shunning her and Sawyer's played her so the two people on the island she's been closest to have in essence pushed her away. There's a wealth of potential to be played off that so it'll be interesting to see how the writers proceed with her character.
I just hope Kate doesn't go back to Sawyer after this. I don't think it is in her character, which has gone to pot lately. Based on her blowing up her step-dad/mom's beau for hurting her/her mom, you would think that she wouldn't be the forgive and forget type of person.Her character went from a strong independent woman, with flaws and skeletons, to a little school girl with a crush on Sawyer. It would be nice to see her get back to where she was in Season 1.

I just hope Kate doesn't go back to Sawyer after this. I don't think it is in her character, which has gone to pot lately. Based on her blowing up her step-dad/mom's beau for hurting her/her mom, you would think that she wouldn't be the forgive and forget type of person.Her character went from a strong independent woman, with flaws and skeletons, to a little school girl with a crush on Sawyer. It would be nice to see her get back to where she was in Season 1.
I think it was more than a schoolgirl crush. I've always believed Jack and Sawyer represent the two facets of Kate's personality. Jack the "good" and Sawyer the "bad." She strives to be "good" which is why she is drawn to Jack. But at heart she can't change the "bad" aspects of her character which is what drew her to Sawyer. But now she's essentially being rejected by both which makes me wonder where she will turn and where her character will go moving forward.It's great character material to work with which is why I'm interested to see where the writers take her.

If there is more than one clock, we don't know if the computer that controls Jack's bunker also controls all the other clocks.  We assume one computer controls one clock, but this may not be the case.  Maybe the end of the episode will show Jack's clock strike zeros and then we get a glimpse of another bunker with something happening (sorta like how Desmond woke up earlier this season).
:goodposting: That is exactly what I posted above. If the images are correct (meaning that they are different clocks) and the writers/producers not lying to us that we would find out what happens when the clock hits zero, then I think we may see nothing happen to the hatch, but something happen to another bunker, maybe the Others?
Just saw your original with the pictures and then the two or three that replied off of that. Didn't notice many specifics about what might happen.Either way, great minds think alike.

If this is the case and the clock is not the one in the hatch, then the previews are VERY misleading. I watched the ending again last night b/c my s/o fell asleep during the show on Wed. In the previews they show Jack and Locke arguing about it. Locke says "This has to happen". Jack says "You wanna see what's going to happen, let's just see what's going to happen" while grabbing Locke's shirt. The clock hit's zero and they focus on Locke's face :unsure: :o . If this is not the clock in the hatch, I will be extremely disappointed.

In the previews they show Jack and Locke arguing about it. Locke says "This has to happen". Jack says "You wanna see what's going to happen, let's just see what's going to happen" while grabbing Locke's shirt. The clock hit's zero and they focus on Locke's face :unsure: :o . If this is not the clock in the hatch, I will be extremely disappointed.
My guess is that the clock and that exchange are unrelated. The exchange probably has to do with the implied-torture...

If there is more than one clock, we don't know if the computer that controls Jack's bunker also controls all the other clocks.  We assume one computer controls one clock, but this may not be the case.  Maybe the end of the episode will show Jack's clock strike zeros and then we get a glimpse of another bunker with something happening (sorta like how Desmond woke up earlier this season).
If this is the case and the clock is not the one in the hatch, then the previews are VERY misleading. I watched the ending again last night b/c my s/o fell asleep during the show on Wed. In the previews they show Jack and Locke arguing about it. Locke says "This has to happen". Jack says "You wanna see what's going to happen, let's just see what's going to happen" while grabbing Locke's shirt. The clock hit's zero and they focus on Locke's face :unsure: :o . If this is not the clock in the hatch, I will be extremely disappointed.
If the clock and the people are in the same frame or picture, then you may be correct and have reason to be disappointed. If not, then I say they can "preview" it however they want. Maybe during the episode they show Jack/Locke arguing, then another clock hitting 0, then go to Locke's face, then go to another bunker. Or maybe Jack/Locke arguing, their Bunker clock hitting 0, then another clock hitting 0, then Locke's face. ETC ETC ETC. Something like that, there's a ton of scenarios. Any way you slice it, it's possible.

Previews are misleading anyways, that's why I never care if I miss them.

If the clock and the people are in the same frame or picture, then you may be correct and have reason to be disappointed. If not, then I say they can "preview" it however they want. Maybe during the episode they show Jack/Locke arguing, then another clock hitting 0, then go to Locke's face, then go to another bunker. Or maybe Jack/Locke arguing, their Bunker clock hitting 0, then another clock hitting 0, then Locke's face. ETC ETC ETC. Something like that, there's a ton of scenarios. Any way you slice it, it's possible.

I hope I am not disappointed and bobcat says, a preview is just that. We don't know how it pieces together and it is pretty much par for the course for previews to be misleading, especially in a show like this where they are trying to surprise us.I don't think we won't see the clock go down to zero because the writers/producers have said that we will this season. Unlike the survivors, we may see the real ramifications and to be honest, I think that that would be great because then we might actually start to see what is going on with the whole Dharma thing.

I understand that previews can be misleading and that their sole purpose is to get people to tune in to the show. In the case of Lost though, there are so many sub-plots going on(some that haven't been touched on in weeks/months), that if they preview exposure of one of the plots and don't follow through, it's another undeserved kick in the balls for being faithful to the show.I don't want to come across whiney or complaining, I just want some closure on any of the storylines. I can't remember the last significant scene dealing with the numbers. It was nice to see the smoke during Ecko's episode, haven't seen or heard about it(or him for that matter) since. :This concludes my rant:

But that isnt why Kate killed him. He was her biological father and she couldnt stand that there was a part of him in her.

But that isnt why Kate killed him. He was her biological father and she couldnt stand that there was a part of him in her.
So is she supposed to hate Sawyer because he almost had a little part of himself in her? Or, because he did not put a little of himself in her?

Ah, that's right, I forgot that the Army guy was the father that raised her. Either way, there was a reason why she hated her real dad and something tells me it was his treatment of her mom and her. I was just trying to say that if she is willing to blow up her biological father, then I would hate to see her come crawling back to Sawyer after he conned her and he conned her the most. She was obviously falling for him and he was just drawing her in to con her.

Oh Snap! New spoiler photos from 2 episodes out. Actually with interesting things in the photos. The one I'm linking and the next two are VERY interesting.

Spoiler Photos

Looks like some sort of medical hatch.  It doesn't seem like its hard to get into though.  So, so far we've got the swan hatch, which is one of the 6 projects.  Next, we've got the arrow hatch, which didn't seem to be more than a supply depot.  And now we've got the medical hatch, which hopefully reveals some new mystery.

Mural Site

This is interesting site that delves into the hatch mural more than any of us have.

I find it interesting that they show that the mural has changed slightly from the first scene with Desmond to present.

Oh Snap! New spoiler photos from 2 episodes out. Actually with interesting things in the photos. The one I'm linking and the next two are VERY interesting.

Spoiler Photos

Looks like some sort of medical hatch.  It doesn't seem like its hard to get into though.  So, so far we've got the swan hatch, which is one of the 6 projects.  Next, we've got the arrow hatch, which didn't seem to be more than a supply depot.  And now we've got the medical hatch, which hopefully reveals some new mystery.
Sweet! I like these kinds of spoilers. Not something that ruins anything and I would bet that they show this in the previews of Wednesday night's show.

Bump for Wednesday's episode...

One of Them

After Sun getting injured, some of the survivors begin to think that one of the "other survivors" might be one of the others. When Rousseau leads Sayid to a mysterious captive in the jungle, he becomes determined to find out if he is one of the "Others.'' Meanwhile, Sawyer discovers Hurley’s potentially devastating breech of the survivors’ trust and blackmails him into helping track an elusive island creature that won’t leave Sawyer alone

NOTE: The last new episode until March 1st...

One of Them[/B]

After Sun getting injured, some of the survivors begin to think that one of the "other survivors" might be one of the others. When Rousseau leads Sayid to a mysterious captive in the jungle, he becomes determined to find out if he is one of the "Others.'' Meanwhile, Sawyer discovers Hurley’s potentially devastating breech of the survivors’ trust and blackmails him into helping track an elusive island creature that won’t leave Sawyer alone

NOTE: The last new episode until March 1st...
At least its only 1 week with a repeat. I'd feared it would be more than that.With Sopranos coming back on in March, I'm about to be in TV heaven, with 4 out of my top 5 shows on.

I checked pages 90 and 91 and didn't see anything mentioned about it, but that waitress at the diner in Sawyer's flashback looked awfully familiar to me. Her name tag said Dianne. She looked a lot like Kate's Mom in her flashback (beginning of this season I think) when she killed her stepdad. Remember when, right after doing it, Kate went to see her Mom -- who was a waitress at a similar type of place/diner to tell her what happened or say goodbye or whatever....

Can anyone confirm or shoot down this theory of mine that the waitress in Sawyer's flashback last week = Kate's Mom?

I checked pages 90 and 91 and didn't see anything mentioned about it, but that waitress at the diner in Sawyer's flashback looked awfully familiar to me. Her name tag said Dianne. She looked a lot like Kate's Mom in her flashback (beginning of this season I think) when she killed her stepdad. Remember when, right after doing it, Kate went to see her Mom -- who was a waitress at a similar type of place/diner to tell her what happened or say goodbye or whatever....

Can anyone confirm or shoot down this theory of mine that the waitress in Sawyer's flashback last week = Kate's Mom?
'Twas.

Yep, that would be Beth Broderick...http://imdb.com/name/nm0110803/

Mural Site

This is interesting site that delves into the hatch mural more than any of us have.

I find it interesting that they show that the mural has changed slightly from the first scene with Desmond to present.
The whole thing with Claire's boyfriend having the same sort of art is pretty silly. They just had the same guy who did the mural do the art that tool had in his apartment and now all the nerds are riled up over it.

Mural Site

The whole thing with Claire's boyfriend having the same sort of art is pretty silly. They just had the same guy who did the mural do the art that tool had in his apartment and now all the nerds are riled up over it.
:goodposting: I agree. I think we covered this a ways back in the thread. My thought was the same as yours, they only have a couple people doing set design/art and so they are going to get similar looking art in multiple places.

On the other hand, what I did think was interesting on Hulk's link is the differences in pictures of what is supposed to be the same exact mural. Now I have no idea if it was photoshopped, etc., and it has been visible literally for milliseconds, so I don't give it much real credence.

I do have to say, however, that in watching the repeat of the Hurley/French Lady/Numbers episode, that the writers and producers do show some very small details that wind up being very important later on, so you can't dismiss anything we see now as meaningless. Again, in the repeat a few weeks ago, there was a line of things that happened for Hurley to finally get someone (Danielle) to say that he wasn't an idiot for thinking that the numbers were cursed. As a byproduct of that he got Michael a battery for the radar system that saw the Others boat, which we saw turn away from the raft until the flare, which in turn got Walt kidnapped. If Hurley hadn't pursued Danielle because of Sayid stealing her notes after he was despondent for torturing Sawyer and the notes having the numbers on them, then the raft and the Others' boat would have never crossed paths.

From the Lost podcast: In "Fire + Water" during Charlie's flashback when he walked outside after the diaper commercial shoot you see the building from the Pink Floyd album cover. On one side is a sign that reads "Widmore Construction". The writers had pointed out to look for some signage on the building and then made it seem like it was supposed to be a little more legible, but it is a name you should write down.

My guess is that it will just be the comany that someone is working for. All part of the ongoing "everyone is somehow tied to everyone else"

From the Lost podcast: In "Fire + Water" during Charlie's flashback when he walked outside after the diaper commercial shoot you see the building from the Pink Floyd album cover.  On one side is a sign that reads "Widmore Construction".  The writers had pointed out to look for some signage on the building and then made it seem like it was supposed to be a little more legible, but it is a name you should write down.

My guess is that it will just be the comany that someone is working for.  All part of the ongoing "everyone is somehow tied to everyone else"
Box-making company, perhaps?This, from a Lost fansite:

Michael’s in the construction business….. Maybe he worked for

Widmore Construction?

By the way, Widmore.com and WidmoreConstruction.com have already been registered as domains, in case you were thinking of doing so yourself. They’re not affliated with ABC, they’re probably going to be fan sites, along the lines of Mr. Cluck’s.

And for Lost fans who like their spoilers super-sized, I stumbled on these nuggets just now:

(NOTE: the most recently posted spoilers are at the top. A few of the spoilers at the bottom have been resolved already.)

General Season 2 spoilers:

02/10 - Are we about to meet Rousseau's never-before-seen daughter, Alex, on Lost? I'm thinking yes since 17-year-old actress Tania Raymonde has just joined the cast. You may remember Raymonde as Frankie Muniz's on-again off-again crush on Malcolm in the Middle. Source: The Ausiello Report

02/07 - The Easter Egg in "Fire + Water" that was on the sign on the building is Widmore Construction. We will learn more about them later. It is implied in the Podcast that the Alex with the Others is in fact Danielle's Alex. Source: Lost Podcast, February 7

01/30 - There is another undergroundy-ish thing that is hatch-like but not a hatch. And inside it, there is an important clue to the Others. Source: Kristin on E!Online

01/26 - Damon Lindelof reveals: And if you think Locke is dark, wait'll you see Charlie in a couple of weeks. Hell hath no fury than an addict scorned... Source: The Fuselage

01/25 - Co-creator/Executive producer Damon Lindelof reveals (note that this is a summary of the spoilerish things he revealed): The lines in the Dharma logo are not insignificant at ALL... but don't have anything to do with numbers. Perhaps if you were to break them down to their simplest elements, you'd find the significance. And more bunkers/symbols? Candle DID say there were more stations. And I'm not even sure the 'arrow' is an official station... looked more like a storage locker to me. If I had to guess, I'd think there'd be SEVERAL arrows scattered across the island, but they're probably just bunkers. [...] There are indeed other people on the island. But did Ethan KNOW Goodwin? Do they all live in the same place? How many of them are there? Source: The Official Lost Magazine, Issue 3, March/April 2006

01/25 - Writer/Supervising producer Javier Grillo-Marxuach reveals (note that this is a summary of the spoilerish things he revealed): Eko facing off against the 'monster' is a big deal in terms of the series because he's the only person - next to Locke - who has seen the 'monster' and has lived to tell the tale! Only with Eko, it was a different kind of encounter. That is something that the fans can expect to see bear fruit in future episodes. It's a hugely important thing, but won't necessarily be revealed immediately. [...] What you're going to see with Eko is that he has his own destiny on the island, and of all the characters, he has the most direct connection to the island because of the Nigerian drug plane. That's going to pay off in different ways. It's not going to mean necessarily that we wind up giving you the history of the 'monster' as a result of its interaction with Eko, but it sends Eko in a direction where he has a destiny to fulfil on the island that's gonna pay off. [...] What happens in episode #11 with Mr. Friendly showing up again, making himself seen and making his laws of the island very clear to the characters, will ripple throughout the rest of the season in a very meaningful way. [...] You're going to begin to see a lot more of the Others, and see a lot more of what they're about and what they're doing. Source: The Official Lost Magazine, Issue 3, March/April 2006

01/25 - Q. Is it possible that Lost's Libby is not a doctor, but a ********** ****? Ausiello: That's what I'm hearing, yes. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide [Note: We do not know for sure what was *** out, but most LOST fans believe it's "compulsive liar" some think it's "television star." On February 1, Ausiello gave a hint: *******i** ****.]

01/24 - You will get your Libby episode. This season. Source: Matt Raggs at The Fuselage

01/23 - The Walt story will be resolved this season. In future flashbacks, we will get more answers about Jack's past. We will soon know why Hurley hasn't lost any weight. We will get more information about the hatch, what's behind the magnetic wall, what happens when we don't push the button. Source: January 23, Lost Podcast

01/18 - One of my moles has since confirmed that a new character is about to be introduced, although he/she refused to give me specifics on this person's age or gender. The episode currently in production features a pivotal recurring character that we have not yet seen this season. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

01/17 - Dharma is an ancronym but not an anagram. Source: January 17, Lost Podcast

01/17 - Lost star Harold Perrineau (Michael) [...], as curious as Lost viewers about the fate of young actor Malcolm David Kelley (Michael' son, Walt), recently asked producers what's up. They told him, "Wait until Season 3." Source: USA Today

01/09 - There will be 24 hours of LOST in Season 2. Source: January 9, Lost Podcast [Note: This means one episode will have two hours. Surely the season finale.]

01/04 - When will we see more of Jack and Sawyer? With so much attention paid this season to introducing the Tailies, several fan favorites have gotten short shrift. That's about to change, producers promise. "We're really going back to the roots of the show," Cuse says. That means upcoming episodes focusing on Sayid, Charlie and Sawyer (look for Deadwood's Kim Dickens to play another woman from the con man's past in February). Source: TV Guide (Printed edition)

12/16 - And despite that [Kate/Jack] kiss, I'm hearing of more [Jack/Ana-Lucia] coming up in the future... Source: Kristin on E!Online

12/14 - "Ana-Lucia is straight," insists exec producer Carlton Cuse. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

12/09 - Exec producer Carlton Cuse about the possibility of a Rose/Bernard flashback: "Given the road map for the rest of the season, we're not going to get to their flashback this year," he says. "But next season? Let's just say it's a very real possibility." Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

11/28 - The relationship between Locke and Eko will be a central focus of the show. The different viewpoint those two characters have will come into play. The Sayid/Ana Lucia relationship will be something that will carry foward in the upcoming episodes in ways that are different than people might think. They probably have more in common than "I killed the woman you loved." Desmond will be coming back. Maybe there will be an episode about the island's past. Source: Lost Podcast

11/28 - Writer/Supervising producer Javier Grillo-Marxuach reveals (note that this is a summary of the spoilerish things he revealed): You have not seen the last of Dharma, but it's going to be a little while before you find out a little bit more. The Dharma Initiative was a communal research facility on the island. A lot of scientists and free-thinkers got together to do a lot of different kinds of research: psychiatry, zoology - and remember that with the zoology of the film you saw some polar bears. It's possible there were some animal aggression studies going on there, as well as human psychology experiments and a whole variety of other things. The Dharma Initiative was founded by two peacenik Grad students who were trying to get to the bottom of a lot of mysteries about human behavior. There are six bunkers on the island, and they were devoted to a lot of different kinds of research. That's going to open up a lot of different avenues for us to tease you with what the kind of research was, and how it's evolved now that the Dharma Initiative seems to have fallen into disrepair. A lot has happened on the island and the Dharma Initiative is just the tip of the iceberg... The "funny" script pages posted online at OceanicFlight815.com sometimes get things wrong but sometimes they get them right... Will you be seeing "Zombie Walt" of "Clone Jack"? Probably not, but I think in everything that we do, there are hints of things that are happening. Source: The Official Lost Magazine, Issue 2, Jan/Feb 2006 [Note: At The Fuselage, Javi said that he misspoke "[The tailies] never saw or felt the wrath of the monster (and were never intended to!)."]

11/16 - Executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse reveal: It's always possible [shannon] could pop up in someone's backstory. But she is definitely dead. When a character dies on the island, they stay dead. As we move into the middle run of episodes, we're definitely emphasizing the Jack-Kate-Sawyer romantic triangle. The level of sexual tension between those three characters is definitely being ramped up. As the respective leaders of their respective units, Ana-Lucia and Jack have a great deal in common with each other, and that's definitely something we're going to be exploring. But [the fact that] Ana-Lucia inadvertently murdered one of the members of the tribe doesn't exactly [lend itself] to candlelight dinners and walks on the beach. She is a woman; she will have romantic entanglements. But I think the one that will begin to emerge over the season will be the one that you least expect. I think that [the] question [as to what the numbers mean] will never, ever be answered. I couldn't possibly imagine [how we would answer that question]. We will see more ramifications of the numbers and more usage of the numbers, but it boggles my mind when people ask me, "What do the numbers mean?" You'll learn more about [why Ethan abducted Claire] this season. [We still plan on revealing why the plane crashed this season.] [We will learn more about the monster this season.] Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

11/11 - We'll be seeing Locke soon in another flashback, this time in his wheelchair. Source: Kristin on E!Online

11/11 - Maggie Grace is not expected to return to Lost island in the future. [There are no other deaths in the works.] Brittany Perrineau, who plays Mary Jo, the woman who pulled out Hurley's lottery numbers, and also Sawyer's one-night stand, will be back for a third episode very soon. Harold explains: "I think the idea was that Sawyer was a con man, and he might want to con the Lotto girl. And she might not be a one-night stand." Source: Kristin on E!Online

11/02 - The ABC television network and sister publishing label Hyperion Books are taking the concept of product placement into a new direction -- by turning an imaginary product into a real one. Producers of ABC's mega-hit castaway thriller "Lost" plan to introduce a new storyline centering on the discovery of a fictitious manuscript that will become the basis for a real-life novel that Hyperion will publish this spring. The book will then be promoted as the work of an author, named Gary Troup, who supposedly delivered the manuscript to Hyperion days before perishing in the show's stage-setting event, a plane crash that maroons a group of survivors on a spooky island. The "Lost" novel, titled "Bad Twin," is described as a private eye mystery about a wealthy heir's search for his evil sibling. Source: CNN

10/24 - Desmond will be back. Source: Kristin on E!Online

10/11 - Says Lindelof: "I think the audience is very compelled to figure out exactly where Desmond was running to and, once he gets there, what is he going to do. We told you that he was in a [ship] wreck, but I think there are a lot of questions about how exactly he came to be here. That's certainly a story on the horizon." "It's important to note," Lindelof says, "that we've never said when the plane crashed. I think the assumption is that it happened in 2004 when the show premiered, but we've never said that." "The Helen we meet in flashbacks is not the same Helen that Locke was speaking to on the phone," Lindelof clarifies, sort of. Source: TV Guide

09/26 - Lindelof reveals: [season 2 will cover] roughly the next 45 or 50 days. We’re sticking to the same brand of storytelling and not taking bold jumps forward. Probably by the end of season two we’ll be in the range of day 90. The issue of what made Flight 815 crash is going to be dealt with in season two and definitively answered by the end of season two. Source: SBC

09/20 - Writer/Supervising producer Javier Grillo-Marxuach reveals (note that this is a summary of the spoilerish things he revealed): We have some other new characters up our sleeves - as well as few that you might have seen before in some very unexpected places who will return for a little more Lost action. Source: The Official Lost Magazine, Issue 1, Nov/Dec 2005

09/19 - From Damon Lindelof: [Hurley getting a love interest is] definitely something we've thought a lot about and nothing that we wanna force. We're doing 23 [episodes] this year. There is going to be a flashback story that fully explains the significance of all [Jack's] tattoos and puts it into the framework of what was happening in his life when he got them. You'll probably be seeing it in season two, but if not, very early in season three. Right now the plan is to do it this year. [23] is an important number in terms of the scheme of the show. Source: Kristin on E!Online

09/01 - Series co-creator David Lindelof said Vincent "will play a big part" in the series' second season. Source: Pittsburg Live

08/10 - From writer Javier Grillo-Marxuach: Danielle has been on the island 16 years, despite the fact that the translated French message is inconsistent on the "iterations". Source: The Fuselage

07/25 - The crash of the plane is explained before the season ends. Source: Statements at TCA

06/14 - Quotes from Lindelof and Grillo-Marxuach at a Lost convention: The plane did not crash by accident, it crashed for a very specific reason. But he dismissed speculation that someone aboard the plane caused the crash. Source: The LA Times

Thanx for the link. I was Googling "Widmore Construction" and didn't think to link the page.
[/QUOTE]A couple real interesting spoilers from the last two days. The last one is the one that I find most intriguing:
02/14 - Emmy Award winner Michael Emerson, who portrayed Oscar Wilde in Off-Broadway's Gross Indecency, has landed a recurring role on the hit ABC-TV series "Lost." Emerson, according to a spokesperson for the actor, will begin his "Lost" stint on the Feb. 15 broadcast. Emerson is scheduled to appear in at least six additional episodes. Source: Playbill

02/14 - Friendly Mr. Zeke may have something in common with Tobias Fünke [from Arrested Development]. Zeke has hair plugs? You are sorta, kinda on the right track. Source: Kristin on E!Online

Just a note, that I found this nugget on Tobias, since I don't watch the show:

Tobias is a former Chief Of Psychiatry from Boston at Massachusetts General Hospital who lost his license for giving CPR to a Rhode Island man who wasn't actually having a heart attack.

02/13 - Guest starring are M.C. Gainey as Mr. Friendly, Mira Furlan as Danielle Rousseau, Michael Emerson as Henry Gale, Tania Raymonde as young girl and William Mapother as Ethan. Source: ABC

Ethan in some back story? Sounds like we may get some of the backstory on the Others in the March 1st episode.

Oh, found one more doozy which matches up exactly to Hulks link to the promo photos:

02/10 - A desperate Claire, along with Kate and Rousseau, attempts a return to the scene of her kidnapping where she believes she might find the cure for Baby Aaron's mysterious illness. Meanwhile, Jack and Locke must keep their prisoner a secret from the rest of the survivors. Source: ABC

4 spoiler clips from tonight

Below tonight's full episode synopsis. Do not read if you are allergic to spoilers:

The following is a synopsis / spoiler for “One of Them”. If you don’t want to know what happens before the show airs then get the heck out of here. Unfortunately this was not as good as last weeks episode in my opinion but it seemed a little flat to me.

We start off in Iraq during Desert Storm. Sayid and some other Republican guards are destroying documents when U.S. troops come in and arrest them.

Too many flashbacks for me to keep track of so I’ll just give the story lines separately. To make a long story short Sayid is forced to torture/interrogate his commanding officer to obtain the whereabouts of a U.S. pilot who went down a few days earlier. He later gets released in the end. He basically blames the U.S. for turning him into a torturer.

The Losties start off with Anna running out of the jungle asking sayid where Jack is. Anna brings sayid into the jungle and shows her Danielle who is walking around with her rifle. Sayid says I’ll deal with this leave now and don’t tell anyone about this.

Danielle leads Sayid to a captured man who she believes is an Other. Sayid releases the man and Danielle shoots him in the back with her bow as he runs away. She convinces Sayid not to trust him until he is interrogated.

At the hatch Locke and Sayid talk as Jack mends his wounds. The man claims to be crossing the pacific with his wife in a hot air balloon when they crash landed 4 months ago. She got sick and died three weeks ago. Claims to be from Minnesota.

Sayid secretly asks Locke to change to combo to the armory so that he can interrogate the man without interference from Jack. Locke agrees to this. Sayid asks questions about the balloon and other things. He asked the man about his wife. How she died, where she was buried, how deep was the grave? The final question the man answered that he wasn’t sure. To this Sayid lost it having dug Shannon’s grave and placing her body in the ground. He insisted that the man would know exactly how deep and all those small details he starts to beat him.

Jack anxiously trying to get in to stop him as Locke is refuses to give the new combo. He says to Jack you started an army, why? They exchange some dialogue. Ultimately Jack puts Locke up against a wall and the timer goes off. Jack will let the timer run out if Locke doesn’t open the door.

Locke opens the door and lets Jack stop Sayid. Locke runs to the timer enters the numbers. Again he screws up he types 16 twice. Backs up continues to type He doesn’t make it in time the Alarms blaring and the clock flips like crazy you see flashes of red and black.

Then the forth one stops on a penguin (I think it was a penguin) the last stops at a red missile then the third on a different type of missile. The first two are still flipping and he hits the execute button then the clock resets to 108. This by far was the biggest jip in Lost series ever. But that was just my opinion.

We finish off with Sayid on the beach telling Charlie that he is certain that the man is one of them. Jack and Locke would never be able to understand how Sayid knows it. That’s where it ends. The only other thing that happened is Sawyer discovers Hurley eating from a secret stash of food he was hiding. Sawyer promised not to tell anyone if Hurley helps him capture some Tree Frog that was croaking and annoying Sawyer. Ultimately they find the frog and Sawyer Squashes it in his hand. ( I don’t get the point of this but)

During Locke's next flashback episode — slated to air in March or April — we're going to discover that he has a surprising connection to Sawyer.
I called Locke's Dad being "The" Sawyer a long while back when we first met Locke's Dad.
That is the connection I am sure of it more than ever now that Sawyer conned Locke last episode.

So I guess that was the explanation for why Hurley hasnt lost any weight.

Anyone else think the guy caught in the net isnt acting like an Other? [screaming for help, etc.]

Users who are viewing this thread