What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (6 Viewers)

On the Magnum PI episode "Murder 101" there is an Oceanic Air ticket counter/ boarding gate in an airport scene. Did this airline exist back then? (1984)
I think it has always been made up, but has appeared in multiple TV shows/movies. I am not 100% on that, but I could have sworn that was discussed back early in Season 1.Now, this could be a something owned by a Hawaiian studio since Magnum PI was also filmed in Hawaii.

On the Magnum PI episode "Murder 101" there is an Oceanic Air ticket counter/ boarding gate in an airport scene. Did this airline exist back then? (1984)
Commonly used fake airline. Wiki it if you want details.

I think you're on to something.We're going to need lots of German screen shots and pages of posts suggesting it's a metaphor for purgatory.

Get cracking.

Last edited by a moderator:
So...it's safe to assume that Magnum's somewhere on the Lost island, then. Excellent!

Now if only Chuck Norris were there, too, observing the Others from a concealed vantagepoint...

For all those who who may think that the writers are making everything up as they go along:

Everyone remembers the scene from 1x14: Special where Walt is in his parents house in Australia and the bird flies into the glass window and dies, right? Anyone remember what he said?

Who cares about birds of Australia, anyway? We're in Australia.

Shouldn't we be studying birds of Egypt or something?
What are the colors of the bird that hits the window?Also, Vincent was right next to Walt during this entire scene. This was the first episode we've seen Vincent in a while.

:tinfoilhat:

[Disclaimer: I did not discover this; I read it on another board. Although the Vincent stuff is mine.]

Tonight's episode bump is a repeat to see how it all began, from 9pm-11pm ET...

Pilot

The 48 survivors scavenge what they can from the wreckage of their plane; the survivors' pasts threaten their ability to survive as a group; a transceiver is discovered in the wreckage and hopes for rescue soar.

']Tonight's episode bump is a repeat to see how it all began said:
Pilot[/B]

The 48 survivors scavenge what they can from the wreckage of their plane; the survivors' pasts threaten their ability to survive as a group; a transceiver is discovered in the wreckage and hopes for rescue soar.
Fingers crossed for HD.

Good work on the screen cap but that "caus.die" image is still only from one source. I refuse to believe it until someone, somewhere on the internet reproduces it from another source. I think one fan is taking everyone for the biggest :fishing: trip in the short history of the show.

For all those who who may think that the writers are making everything up as they go along:

Everyone remembers the scene from 1x14: Special where Walt is in his parents house in Australia and the bird flies into the glass window and dies, right? Anyone remember what he said?

Who cares about birds of Australia, anyway?  We're in Australia.

What are the colors of the bird that hits the window?Also, Vincent was right next to Walt during this entire scene. This was the first episode we've seen Vincent in a while.

[Disclaimer: I did not discover this; I read it on another board. Although the Vincent stuff is mine.]
Nice find. I have actually enjoyed watching some of the reruns for the same reason. I am probably watch the Pilot episode again tonight just to check it out again.BTW, I am still not sure if Vincent has any connection to anything at all. One could conjecture that if a horse from Kate's past could appear, then maybe the Vincent on the show isn't the real Vincent. :tinfoilhat: :tinfoilhat: I will check out the pilot tonight and watch for him. One would think that he would have been in a dog carrier, but I don't remember ever seeing one on the show. Hmmm... ;)

Who cares about birds of Australia, anyway? We're in Australia.

Nice find. I have actually enjoyed watching some of the reruns for the same reason. I am probably watch the Pilot episode again tonight just to check it out again.BTW, I am still not sure if Vincent has any connection to anything at all. One could conjecture that if a horse from Kate's past could appear, then maybe the Vincent on the show isn't the real Vincent. :tinfoilhat: :tinfoilhat: I will check out the pilot tonight and watch for him. One would think that he would have been in a dog carrier, but I don't remember ever seeing one on the show. Hmmm... ;)
He's a clone!

Everyone remembers the scene from 1x14: Special where Walt is in his parents house in Australia and the bird flies into the glass window and dies, right?  Anyone remember what he said?

Who cares about birds of Australia, anyway?  We're in Australia.

He's a clone!
Isn't it a zombie clone who used to work at a Hurley's box factory but is now stuck in a Pergo factory?

Here's my quick rant on this series:

1. We need more Ecko!! There I said it and I feel better.

2. Re-watching Season 1 reminded me that we have never figured out who knocked out Sayid when they were trying to "triangulate" the radio signal. This is something I think could be very important.

3. Locke is very weird this year. First he is rallying the survivors to realize people are out there trying to hurt them, and that they must start thinking of defending themselves. Then he is angry with Jack over the use of the guns and the desire to go after the Others. Locke by far is the most complex character and seems to have more wrinkles to his past and existence on the island than anyone else. But despite that, I really don't like him and am growing tired of his randomness.

4. Every episode where Desmond is not mentioned only makes me more and more angry about this season. That had to be the biggest cliffhanger thus far in this show, and then all of a sudden he just takes off and leaves and no more Desmond on the island? Very frustrating.

2. Re-watching Season 1 reminded me that we have never figured out who knocked out Sayid when they were trying to "triangulate" the radio signal. This is something I think could be very important.
:confused: Locke knocked out Sayid

:confused: Locke knocked out Sayid
Oh, sorry. I guess I forgot we found out that information. Let's just pretend I never brought that up. oops....

This bugged me last night. After the Jack, Kate, and Charlie returned from the cockpit, Boone asked "Were there any survivors?" And Jack replied, "No." There was no further discussion.

Then, after Sawyer shot the polar bear, Boone asks, "Was that what killed the pilot?" And Charlie replies saying something about how that was a tiny version of it.

HOW THE #### DID BOONE KNOW THE PILOT WAS KILLED BY SOMETHING?

Was this a screw-up by the writers or is there more to this?

during the scene when kate is stitching up jack, they seem to keep his tattoo on his left arm in the picture a lot. any significance to it? any pics out there of his tattoos?

[QUOTE=']
NFL Sunday Ticket said:
during the scene when kate is stitching up jack, they seem to keep his tattoo on his left arm in the picture a lot.  any significance to it?  any pics out there of his tattoos?
http://lost-media.com/modules.php?name=cop...album=3&pos=199http://lost-media.com/modules.php?name=cop...album=3&pos=181

[/QUOTE]Don't know the significance. But the producers have said they were going to "explain the origin of the tattoos" in an upcoming episode. :yes:

I'M DONE WITH 'LOST'!! I AM GIVING UP ON THE SHOW.

This past Wednesday I busted my tail at work to make sure to leave work early, get home and enjoy dinner, and watch a new episode of 'Lost.' I even worked through lunch to ensure my timely arrival home. By 3 pm my stomach was ravaging for food, yet I triumphed through the day knowing my reward would be an enjoyable dinner and a new episode of 'Lost.' I get home and my wife hadn't been to the grocery store and didn't have any intention of making dinner since at 7:42 pm she was surfing the internet. I'm starving. I'm irritable. :hot:

Well, at least I have a new episode of 'Lost,' right? At 8:00 pm I tune in to the much anticipated new episode and get slapped across the face with another stupid rerun, the very first pilot episode to make it even worse. I'm pissed. They sucker you in. Give you at most 3-4 new episodes at a time, then feed you reruns for another 4-5 weeks. What kind of BS is this? :rant:

I'm giving up on the show. I don't play their game. Don't string me along. Give us new episodes, or just end the stupid thing. I'm taking a stand. Down with 'Lost.'

This past Wednesday I busted my tail at work to make sure to leave work early, get home and enjoy dinner, and watch a new episode of 'Lost.' I even worked through lunch to ensure my timely arrival home. By 3 pm my stomach was ravaging for food, yet I triumphed through the day knowing my reward would be an enjoyable dinner and a new episode of 'Lost.' I get home and my wife hadn't been to the grocery store and didn't have any intention of making dinner since at 7:42 pm she was surfing the internet. I'm starving. I'm irritable. :hot:

Well, at least I have a new episode of 'Lost,' right? At 8:00 pm I tune in to the much anticipated new episode and get slapped across the face with another stupid rerun, the very first pilot episode to make it even worse. I'm pissed. They sucker you in. Give you at most 3-4 new episodes at a time, then feed you reruns for another 4-5 weeks. What kind of BS is this? :rant:

I'm giving up on the show. I don't play their game. Don't string me along. Give us new episodes, or just end the stupid thing. I'm taking a stand. Down with 'Lost.'
You do realize you can always click on the Internet that day and see if an episode is a new one? The show takes longer to film than most, which is why they have off weeks.

You do realize you can always click on the Internet that day and see if an episode is a new one? The show takes longer to film than most, which is why they have off weeks.
Actually they have off weeks because they show 22-24 episodes in a 39-40 week TV season...

To give you much notice...March 1st it is a new episode that runs for 63 minutes...

March 8th is a repeat of a season 1 episode...

Umm, name me one show that does not do this?

24, since they now start in January...The West Wing and Alias now show no repeat episodes, they just don't show any episode in their time slot...

[/SIZE]

This past Wednesday I busted my tail at work to make sure to leave work early, get home and enjoy dinner, and watch a new episode of 'Lost.'  I even worked through lunch to ensure my timely arrival home.  By 3 pm my stomach was ravaging for food, yet I triumphed through the day knowing my reward would be an enjoyable dinner and a new episode of 'Lost.'  I get home and my wife hadn't been to the grocery store and didn't have any intention of making dinner since at 7:42 pm she was surfing the internet.  I'm starving.  I'm irritable.    :hot:

Well, at least I have a new episode of 'Lost,' right?  At 8:00 pm I tune in to the much anticipated new episode and get slapped across the face with another stupid rerun, the very first pilot episode to make it even worse.  I'm pissed.  They sucker you in.  Give you at most 3-4 new episodes at a time, then feed you reruns for another 4-5 weeks.  What kind of BS is this?  :rant:

I'm giving up on the show.  I don't play their game.  Don't string me along.  Give us new episodes, or just end the stupid thing.  I'm taking a stand.  Down with 'Lost.'
[/QUOTE]24, since they now start in January...The West Wing and Alias now show no repeat episodes, they just don't show any episode in their time slot...

[/QUOTE]Okay, but not showing a show in the timeslot equates to a rerun as there is no new show that week. Also, starting in January would ruin Lost in my mind because of the buzz around the net and other places. I do not watch '24' so I am not sure of the buzz it has but Lost is still young so maybe when season 5 rolls around they will start in January. But, for arguments sake any tv show that starts in September follows the method that Lost has. Nothing new here.

[QUOTE=']To give you much notice...

March 1st it is a new episode that runs for 63 minutes...

March 8th is a repeat of a season 1 episode...
[/QUOTE]I understand the break for the Olympics, but then to show one episode and then a repeat is a slap at the fans. The airings for this season are borderline pissing me off now. I can barely keep up with the story because of the scattershot approach and this only makes it worse. This season is quickly turning out to be a let down because of continuity. The ABC execs are milking the popularity to the point that we're down to skim and smelling something rancid.

All this moaning reminds of the people who call and e-mail Howard Stern or their favorite columnist because they took a day off or went on vacation without personally consulting with them first.

This is a common network practice called "burning off episodes" for programs that will not be renewed and/or expect to be cancelled at season's end. Fox made a decision to run their regular programming during the olympics. Most of their audience demographic has little to no interest in it anyway, which is why American Idol has been killing them in the ratings. ABC made a decision not to run any new episodes during the olympics, which is like 2 weeks long.

With Lost on epi #15 next week, out of a likely 25 epi season, you have plenty to look forward to. May sweeps means there will be 4-5 new ones straight. There will be a stretch run of maybe 2-3 before anothe short break.

']To give you much notice... March 1st it is a new episode that runs for 63 minutes... March 8th is a repeat of a season 1 episode... [/QUOTE]I understand the break for the Olympics said:
Also, according to Spoilerfix.com...After the new episode on March 1st (215), the next new episodes are March 22nd (216) and March 29th (217)...

Which could take us the rest of the way with new episodes until the end of sweeps May 24th...

4/5 - 218

4/12 - 219

4/19 - 220

4/26 - 221

5/3 - 222

5/10 - 223

5/17 - 224

5/24 - 225

They did do 25 hour episodes last year, so if that is the case this year, we have the possibility for a long stretch of new episodes starting on March 22nd (10 weeks in a row)... Of course, this is a guess...

And for everyone that always brings up Fox and 24, keep in mind that's the exception, not the rule. Just look at what Fox did with Prison Break or even Arrested Development, as far as airing the episodes in the "interests of the viewers." And the O.C. pretty much airs on the same type of "slave to the sweeps schedule" as Lost.

And for everyone that always brings up Fox and 24, keep in mind that's the exception, not the rule. Just look at what Fox did with Prison Break or even Arrested Development, as far as airing the episodes in the "interests of the viewers." And the O.C. pretty much airs on the same type of "slave to the sweeps schedule" as Lost.
Don't worry about it. As much as we ##### and moan about repeats, which I have done, it is usually because we like the show enough that we want to see everything now. It is very rare that anybody who reads this thread and thus also has Internet access to a bazillion TV listing sites doesn't know that that night's epsiode is a repeat. My father in law will call every once in a while to find out if Lost is a repear, but he is retired, has dial-up and is quite old. Yao on the other hand is just, well ummm, lost.

:lmao: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:bye:

'][QUOTE=NFL Sunday Ticket]during the scene when kate is stitching up jack said:
They are Matthew Fox's actual tatoos. Should be an interesting explanation.
I thought it was because he counted to 5 and wasn't scared anymore, or that's what I assumed it meant.
Just a little background on the real-life meaning of the tatoo: Linky
Hmmm... if that is a real tattoo and the symbols are correct then he could be showing his love for his favorite NFL team the Eagles. It also looks like that is a green numeral 5 above the Chinese characters. A big McNabb fan maybe?

']To give you much notice... March 1st it is a new episode that runs for 63 minutes... March 8th is a repeat of a season 1 episode... [/QUOTE]I understand the break for the Olympics said:
1) Buy a TiVo2) Set Lost up as a "Season Pass"

3) Set the Season Pass for Lost to tape "First run only"

never wonder when a new episode is on.....it will just magically appear.

1) Buy a TiVo2) Set Lost up as a "Season Pass"

3) Set the Season Pass for Lost to tape "First run only"

never wonder when a new episode is on.....it will just magically appear.
I have a DVR and it performs those functions well. The DVR doesn't change the scattershot programming as there is still the two week gap between episodes for what seems to be no good reason.

I'm telling you, no matter what they do with shows like this, it seems like the audience always ends up unhappy when the secrets get revealed. Usually, they complain that they never tie things together well at all. So if you're already going down that path, you might as well stop watching.

I'm telling you, no matter what they do with shows like this, it seems like the audience always ends up unhappy when the secrets get revealed. Usually, they complain that they never tie things together well at all. So if you're already going down that path, you might as well stop watching.
Unbelievable -- a perfectly sensible post from BGP that I actually agree with. Nice. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread