What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Forum Challenge League (4 Viewers)

this just in: my team is pretty good
Whoever picked 1 or 2 this year had such a big advantage. There was no doubt that LT and SA were the two best players in the land, and they have not dissapointed.You did a great job drafting, and I thought your team was good from day one, but I am finding that most teams with either LT or SA are pretty darn good.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thrilled with the #2 pick, but there are a lot of SA/LT teams that wont make the playoffs this year. Let's face it...I'm a ####### genius.

JK

this just in: my team is pretty good
Whoever picked 1 or 2 this year had such a big advantage. There was no doubt that LT and SA were the two best players in the land, and they have not dissapointed.You did a great job drafting, and I thought your team was good from day one, but I am finding that most teams with either LT or SA are pretty darn good.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thrilled with the #2 pick, but there are a lot of SA/LT teams that wont make the playoffs this year. Let's face it...I'm a ####### genius.

JK
my team just beat yours with Steven Jackson on bye :own3d:

no doubt LT2 is a huge reason, but me getting Steven Jackson at 2.12 and LHUCKS (Alexander owner) getting Lamont Jordan at 3.03 are also playing a huge role.

Bloom's squad is the most surprising. Taking a look at his roster, it's pretty amazing that team has the top record and most points scored so far. His first 3 picks really haven't done much: 1. Deuce, 2. Curtis Martin, 3. Jason Witten. and he also took Cedric Benson in the 6th, Travis Henry in the 8th.
:wall: Don't remind me. But I'm still in it....I'm not quite willing to relinquish the title just yet. :football: BTW....I hated drafting LJ in the 4th but it's looking like it was the right thing to do. 20/20...I'd rather have SA at 1.02 and Ward in the 4th.

Cowboy go BOOM to BLOOM !

I think picking up Gado helped just a little!

Cowboy Gaga for Gado!
Cowboy's starting to make some noise in this league. Guess all those 1st waiver picks are starting to pay off, huh? :D

Cowboy go BOOM to BLOOM  !

I think picking up Gado helped just a little!

Cowboy Gaga for Gado!
Cowboy's starting to make some noise in this league. Guess all those 1st waiver picks are starting to pay off, huh? :D
Just like last year baby! Setting up for a big run.......only want FFA to get in my way, I hated doing that to Bloom!

BlenderFrog is down for the count this week but I've got my ears pinned back and aiming for you EBF.I need 27 points from my boy Gado!That's 110 yards, 2 Td's with 3 receptions for 45 yards and we'll call it a double win!

BlenderFrog is down for the count this week but I've got my ears pinned back and aiming for you EBF.

I need 27 points from my boy Gado!

That's 110 yards, 2 Td's with 3 receptions for 45 yards and we'll call it a double win!
:rolleyes: My team of tadpoles continue to struggle along. Luckily, I got to play doublelossCowboy last week and scraped out 1 win. :excited:

any week that we don't have a doubleheader, my team goes off. I scored more points this week than any other team has all year and I didn't have a QB.BTW, Shark Pool went 5-1 vs the FFA this week.Shark Pool also has 5 of the top 7 teams in the standings and 6 of the top 8 teams in overall points scored.some pretty serious ownage going on in this league this year.

Are we going to process FA's before today's game?
Sorry...I was on vacation the last 2 weeks and totally forgot about this. Didn't really pay much attention to FF as evidenced by my starting Chester Taylor over Lewis this week. :bag:

any week that we don't have a doubleheader, my team goes off. I scored more points this week than any other team has all year and I didn't have a QB.
:violin: Seriously...nice score w/o a QB. This just end....your team is pretty good, but we interrupt this broadcast with news that this pretty good team might not make the playoffs.

BTW...if your team is sooooo good, then why am I favored next week. :boxing:

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, Shark Pool went 5-1 vs the FFA this week.

Shark Pool also has 5 of the top 7 teams in the standings and 6 of the top 8 teams in overall points scored.

some pretty serious ownage going on in this league this year.
SP has flat out dominated the FFA this year, with a W/L record of 64-50 compared to 49-63-2 for the FFA. SP owns the heads up record also, 39-25. Only 2 FFA teams have winning records while 5 SP teams claim that distinction.Poor showing from the FFA this year...unless an FFA team can win the title this year...then we can redeem ourselves....slightly.

any week that we don't have a doubleheader, my team goes off. I scored more points this week than any other team has all year and I didn't have a QB.
:goodposting: I was glad that I played you this week, so my playing Jamie Martin over Brad Johnson didn't hurt me. I would have my ### handed to me no matter what line-up I submitted :eek: .Great week (for you)!

Even with Houshmanzedah blowing up like Nagasaki this week, I still lose by .5 point.Yay.Here, I'll save you all the trouble: :ptts: :ptts: :ptts: :ptts: :ptts: :ptts: :ptts: :ptts: :ptts: It's the motto of my team in this league this year.

Even with Houshmanzedah blowing up like Nagasaki this week, I still lose by .5 point.

Yay.
Did you notice that i forgot to start a defense? - dang waiver wire i forgot about. still gotcha somehow.

BTW...if your team is sooooo good, then why am I favored next week. :boxing:
how's your buzz today?
Way to respond after the game. That's weak...even for you. :thumbdown: Oh...and the buzz wore off for most all my teams this weekend. :bag: Just so everyone knows...I ####### hate Jamal Lewis.

The FFA finally showed some life this week, going 4-2 vs. the SP. Too little, too late though. Going into Week 14, I don't think anybody has clinched a playoff spot yet. Big doubleheader games next week for those still alive:

LHUCKS

Shadowfax

Imp

Bloom

radballs

Aaron

EBF

GL to everyone.

Way to respond after the game. That's weak...even for you.  :thumbdown:
:lmao: I can't believe my powerhouse squad needs to go 2-0 to have a shot at the playoffs. This league is rigged.

Way to respond after the game. That's weak...even for you.  :thumbdown:
:lmao: I can't believe my powerhouse squad needs to go 2-0 to have a shot at the playoffs. This league is rigged.
It's definitely better if you go 2-0 but I think there is a chance you make it even if you go 1-1. Bloom and radballs would both have to go 0-2 and you all would have a 12-10 record. Hell, EBF could win both his games and all 4 of you would have a 12-10 record and I then it comes down to points. There's too many teams and too many variables to sort this all out. Just know these are must win games for everyone.

my team did all it could today...now it is up to the rest of you guys to make sure the best team gets into the playoffs. :banned:

my team did all it could today...now it is up to the rest of you guys to make sure the best team gets into the playoffs.

:banned:
I'm trying awfully hard. :bag:
If I couldn't be in it............had to knock out a FFA. Rematch of last year's bowl goes to Cowboy..........means nothing :unsure: Your welcome Aaron.......good luck!

It's been a pretty decent season. I'll finish 11-11 with the third most total points in the league. I was a little unlucky to miss the playoffs, but I was a little lucky to make them last year. It all balances out. Good luck to the SP in the finals.

I got off to an absolute horrid start, and almost made it in the end. The same thing happened in my big money league this year. Sucks, but what can you do? Good luck to all in the playoffs.

I'm in!Time to roll.FFA got 2 teams into the playoffs, and LHUCKS had a losing all-play record. Looks like my squad may be the only hope for the Shark Pool this year. I won this league 2 years ago and Shadowfax won it last year. Could potentially have a battle between our two teams for the title this year.I'm assuming the Shark Pool dominated this league during the regular season. Now we just have to finish the job.

Apparently only Aaron took the "must win" idea seriously...as he won both his games...by a combined total of 9.5 points...to vault into the playoffs. Bloom, radballs and I lost both our games this past week, ending the season on 3 or 4 game losing streaks. Only because I have a tie...does this allow me to remain in 4th place and secure the last playoff spot. One half less point by me (in my game with imp) and bloom would have backed into the playoffs. HA HA [/nelson]The SP pretty much dominated the FFA this year, but the FFA (in a down year) still sent 2 teams to the playoffs...keeping alive the possibility of back to back FFA championships. :thumbup: Once again...we'll try to see who the biggest SP and FFA tool is. Unfortunately, we'll have no repeat tool winners as LHUCKS and Imp somehow worked their way into the real playoffs this year. The money plays are EBF and kutta as the ultimate tools.

WTF? Is everyone in hiding in this league?:crickets:Interesting stat of the day...the four playoff teams were the first four draft slots.

WTF? Is everyone in hiding in this league?

:crickets:

Interesting stat of the day...the four playoff teams were the first four draft slots.
Good thing I somehow worked my way into the 1.04 slot in the draft...f'n Sfax :rant: ...

WTF? Is everyone in hiding in this league?

:crickets:

Interesting stat of the day...the four playoff teams were the first four draft slots.
I'm just being quiet because my WRs suck balls.

Been fun. When your first two picks are Ahman Green and Randy Moss, I think all you have left to do is point to something, I just can't remember what it is.

Been fun. When your first two picks are Ahman Green and Randy Moss, I think all you have left to do is point to something, I just can't remember what it is.
Yup...that's pretty brutal. Don't mock the FF gods next year. I had Moss on 2 teams this year and didn't make the playoffs in either one. Hard to believe but I'll really have to look next year and detemine whether I think he's even in my top 10 WR.

Wow....my team has been brutal the past couple of weeks. With Favre sucking half the year, no RB2 and Galloway finally coming down to earth....I probably didn't deserve to be in the playoffs. As with the regular season, the FFA gets smacked around again in the playoffs by the SP, as we have an all SP final with LHUCKS and Aaron vying for the title. The consolation 3rd place game has Shadowfax vs. Imp. At least the FFA can claim the bronze medal. Hopefully, I can stop the bleeding and put an end to my losing streak. :football: It would be embarassing to lose to a canuck. [imp]f'n Shadowfax :rant: [/imp]

FYI for everyone....I made some waiver moves this past week...and it looks like the waiver period ended Dec 11. I was logged in as commish and just made the moves w/o realizing the deadline. I've reversed my waivers. Sorry about that...although I'd really rather have another QB besides Favre. :X

FYI for everyone....I made some waiver moves this past week...and it looks like the waiver period ended Dec 11. I was logged in as commish and just made the moves w/o realizing the deadline. I've reversed my waivers. Sorry about that...although I'd really rather have another QB besides Favre. :X
NP

:pickle:

I can't take a whole lot of credit...this is Shaun Alexander's title.
Brady, Jordan and Gates were also very good for you....and they were able to compensate for turned out to be a weak WR corps. Good job this year. Congrats.

:pickle:

I can't take a whole lot of credit...this is Shaun Alexander's title.
Brady, Jordan and Gates were also very good for you....and they were able to compensate for turned out to be a weak WR corps. Good job this year. Congrats.
yeah...this might be the worst bunch of WRs to ever win a H2H title.

Users who are viewing this thread