What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Forum Challenge League (2 Viewers)

I'm usually not one to go RB/RB/RB, but I think there's some risk with my top two backs and I want to ensure strong production from my backfield. I'm very happy to get Cadillac this late because I think he can potentially be a top 10-15 RB this season.
EBF, you are easily the biggest rookie risk taker I've ever drafted with. This pertains to the drafts I've been in with you the last 2/3 years.IIRC, you "reached" for Kevin Jones last year and he panned out nicely for you. Cadillac at 3.10 isn't necessarily a reach, but I would think you'd be extremely worried about the liklihood of Pittman catching ~ 60 balls hurting Caddy's value.

That said, I love how you always bet on the young pups. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm usually not one to go RB/RB/RB, but I think there's some risk with my top two backs and I want to ensure strong production from my backfield. I'm very happy to get Cadillac this late because I think he can potentially be a top 10-15 RB this season.
EBF, you are easily the biggest rookie risk taker I've ever drafted with. This pertains to the drafts I've been in with you the last 2/3 years.IIRC, you "reached" for Kevin Jones last year and he panned out nicely for you. Cadillac at 3.10 isn't necessarily a reach, but I would think you'd be extremely worried about the liklihood of Pittman catching ~ 60 balls hurting Caddy's value.

That said, I love how you always bet on the young pups. :thumbup:
:ph34r: Yea, I took Jones in the second round of a couple redraft leagues last year. He was a bust for the first half of the season, but he paid big dividends once he got healthy and got rolling.

I'm a believer in talent. It's not uncommon for a rookie RB to finish in the top ten. I like Caddy the most of this year's crop and the early tea leaves are extremely encouraging. Gruden obviously likes this kid and I think we're going to see him have a big year if he stays healthy.

:hot: Damn it. I was planning to go Bennett/Caddy at the turn, but you threw a wrench into that. Probably a good thing because I was forced to take a WR, but I was hoping Caddy would fall to me.

:hot: Damn it. I was planning to go Bennett/Caddy at the turn, but you threw a wrench into that. Probably a good thing because I was forced to take a WR, but I was hoping Caddy would fall to me.
:banned:

I decided to go with Bulger at 4.02. Between Jackson, Holt, Bruce, and Curtis, St. Louis figures to make a lot of trips to the end zone next season. I don't think Bulger will approach vintage Warner numbers, but I think he'll be a strong QB1 for me.

I decided to go with Bulger at 4.02. Between Jackson, Holt, Bruce, and Curtis, St. Louis figures to make a lot of trips to the end zone next season. I don't think Bulger will approach vintage Warner numbers, but I think he'll be a strong QB1 for me.
He'll be fine this year, you won't lose because of him unless he gets injured, which is a possibility.

He'll be fine this year, you won't lose because of him unless he gets injured, which is a possibility.
Agreed. I think 4.02 is too early, but I'm a QB waiter.

I basically committed myself to this pick by taking Holmes. So I knew I was going to have to take LJ with one of my next two picks....might as well do it now.

Is there any sign of Ten Times? It sucks to skip over someone this early in the draft.
I agree. Anyone think we should just give him a WR and keep moving? It's fairly obvious that's the direction he'd be going if he was here.?????

Like kutta, I hate having someone lose a 4th rounder - puts an * on everything they do the rest of the season....

Is there any sign of Ten Times? It sucks to skip over someone this early in the draft.
It sucks to have to wait so long in the draft. Don't you guys have like cell phone numbers you can call to reach him.I know as a forum team we've been preparing for this all offseason. We've got each other's cell phones on speed dial, give wake up calls, and know each other's pass words to log into our accounts in case we can't be found.

I think the FA is going to have to step it up a notch here.

It sucks to have to wait so long in the draft. Don't you guys have like cell phone numbers you can call to reach him.I know as a forum team we've been preparing for this all offseason. We've got each other's cell phones on speed dial, give wake up calls, and know each other's pass words to log into our accounts in case we can't be found.

Then wtf aren't you calling Aaron right now?

:whistle: On a side note, we are we going to give TenTimes a player for his 5th round pick? It's gonna screw up the balance of the league if he gets nothing for that pick.

:whistle: On a side note, we are we going to give TenTimes a player for his 5th round pick? It's gonna screw up the balance of the league if he gets nothing for that pick.
I suggest we give him until his timer expires for his 5th round. If he doesn't show up by then, I find somebody to pick for him :-)e: brotherhood). ####in' FFA guppies. :rant:

I suggest we give him until his timer expires for his 5th round. If he doesn't show up by then, I find somebody to pick for him :-)e: brotherhood). ####in' FFA guppies. :rant:
Checked PMs lately??? :rolleyes:

Sorry for my delay in picking...got called into an unexpected meeting that lasted way too damn long....and we didn't even get a free lunch out of it. Now, I'm off to lunch and I think I may just have to expense this one to the company. No Mason, first time as WR1, no reliable WR2-3 yet, McNair not Volek, new O.C. ...Drew Bennett scares the hell out of me this year but decided to gamble. Hell, I gambled on Holmes, picked Mr. Inmate 2005, then had to blow a 4th rounder on LJ...why not keep gambling. Maybe he will actually put up those projections. :shrug:

Checked PMs lately??? :rolleyes:
He's been PMed. His last post was Mon morning and he hasn't been on :e: since 8/13/05. BTW...I did receive your PM about the league fees, but I just haven't posted the payment details yet.

BTW...I did receive your PM about the league fees, but I just haven't posted the payment details yet.
May as well break out the first "F'n SFax... :rant: " of the '05 year...

10x up again....we wait for him to time out again?
I say we wait for him to time out, and then replace him and let someone make his 4th and 5th round picks. Assuming he does not show.

How much longer does TenTimes have on the clock? It might be time to start finding a replacement.

10x up again....we wait for him to time out again?
I say we wait for him to time out, and then replace him and let someone make his 4th and 5th round picks. Assuming he does not show.
I agree with this..........and am willing to stop drafting until we get the spot filled.I have looked in the FA clause and under the : Irresponsiblity ACT.........given to the FA because of their overall behavior, they are given this right.

So, take a short bit of time............find someone like you should have and we will resume drafting.

I just got a PM from 10X saying he's on the road and can't pick but he's sent an email to a bunch of people to make picks for him until he's back Friday night. I have no idea who he emailed...Anybody get a PM from 10X with picks? I'm searching for somebody to step in until Friday. I've stopped the draft right now until we can clear this up. FFA has been penalized 15 yards for allowing a dumb ####in' ######## Spurs fan in the league. :bag:

I just got a PM from 10X saying he's on the road and can't pick but he's sent an email to a bunch of people to make picks for him until he's back Friday night.

I have no idea who he emailed...Anybody get a PM from 10X with picks? I'm searching for somebody to step in until Friday.

I've stopped the draft right now until we can clear this up. FFA has been penalized 15 yards for allowing a dumb ####in' ######## Spurs fan in the league. :bag:
It looks like his 5th round pick was made, but not his 4th. Sup wit dat?

EBF is on the clockHey EBF, just wondering why you took a TE there? I already have TG. You could have gotten him on the way back up.I really wanted Green or Collins here. I hate this draft position because I just watch all the guys I want going off the board right before me. But I think Chambers and Lelie will both catch a lot of balls so I'm happy with them.

I just got a PM from 10X saying he's on the road and can't pick but he's sent an email to a bunch of people to make picks for him until he's back Friday night.

I have no idea who he emailed...Anybody get a PM from 10X with picks? I'm searching for somebody to step in until Friday.

I've stopped the draft right now until we can clear this up. FFA has been penalized 15 yards for allowing a dumb ####in' ######## Spurs fan in the league.  :bag:
I asked him if he could PM me why couldn't he draft also...so, if anything, I thought he'd PM me his picks. Instead, he makes his 5th round pick on the site (which got the draft going again) and doesn't tell me who he wants for his 4th. :wall: He said he sent an email through the MFL site but i didn't get one...did anyone else?

EBF is on the clock

Hey EBF, just wondering why you took a TE there? I already have TG. You could have gotten him on the way back up.
Yea, I realized that a few minutes after I picked. It was a bit of a brain fart.

I've stopped the draft right now until we can clear this up. FFA has been penalized 15 yards for allowing a dumb ####in' ######## Spurs fan in the league.  :bag:
I asked him if he could PM me why couldn't he draft also...so, if anything, I thought he'd PM me his picks. Instead, he makes his 5th round pick on the site (which got the draft going again) and doesn't tell me who he wants for his 4th. :wall: He said he sent an email through the MFL site but i didn't get one...did anyone else?
total cluster#### by 10X. he's good peoples, but this really sucks when everyone else is chompin' at the bit and 1 dude's irresponsibility holds everyone up.w/o 10X, we could be making major headway.

Anyone have a problem with giving 10X the highest ranked WR on the FBG rankings for his 4th round pick?
Good call - I think that's definitely what we should do. It's EBF's call, since he's on the clock and needs a WR, but at worst we can let EBF have the WR he wants, and then give 10X the highest rated WR before I pick.

So I took Eddie Kennison at 6.02. :X :bag: I don't really like this player, but he's had three straight decent years and he's the undisputed #1 WR on a passing team with a good QB. There may not be huge upside here, but Kennison should be solid.

Jimmy Smith to 10X?
:yes: done

Edit: tommy...you're up.
fragile freddy to me, barlow to Cowboy
great picks. Getting starting RBs in the 6th round is great value....I was starting to wonder if they were going to make it back to me.
I very nearly took Fred T in the 4th instead of Foster, and there he was staring at me in the 5th. If he had made it back to me I was going to pull my hair out....

Jimmy Smith to 10X?
:yes: done

Edit: tommy...you're up.
fragile freddy to me, barlow to Cowboy
great picks. Getting starting RBs in the 6th round is great value....I was starting to wonder if they were going to make it back to me.
I very nearly took Fred T in the 4th instead of Foster, and there he was staring at me in the 5th. If he had made it back to me I was going to pull my hair out....
I feel a little discombobulated in this draft. I had no idea if I was going to go RB/WR, QB/WR, or WR/WR with this pick. I was very close to taking Taylor, but I just thought the value was with the WR's, seeing that Taylor is still nursing his injury. I really needed a guy that was going to play for sure, because I don't pick again for 24 picks. I will work on my backup RB's later. But I agree it is a good pick and could turn into something very big.

I feel a little discombobulated in this draft. I had no idea if I was going to go RB/WR, QB/WR, or WR/WR with this pick. I was very close to taking Taylor, but I just thought the value was with the WR's, seeing that Taylor is still nursing his injury. I really needed a guy that was going to play for sure, because I don't pick again for 24 picks. I will work on my backup RB's later.

But I agree it is a good pick and could turn into something very big.
I'm not a Fragile Freddy fan (he killed me in this league last year IIRC), but there were about 8 WRs who are undistinguishable to me at this point, so I had to go in anther direction. After grabbing Collins at 5.10, it was either RB or TE.Since only 3 RBs were taken in the previous 26 picks (as opposed to 17 WRs), I felt the value was at RB. I've been swearing Taylor off at all costs this summer, but 6.03 isn't a bad spot to roll the dice.

I have a feeling the IMP or kutta will come calling if Taylor proves healthy early....

10X takes Chrissy Brown, RB - TEN
blenderfrog has agreed to step in for 10X while he's unavailable. :thumbup: Note: 10X has not agreed to this but I don't think we should wait until 10X gets back and think this is the most viable alternative. An * will not be noted on 10X's team this year.

Users who are viewing this thread