Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Bruce,

Been using the draft dominator for a few years but today doing a mock draft in 14.0g I saw these three things come up as my suggested first round pick (5).

Best Value window says CJ Spiller

Draft Status window suggests Drew Brees

Player Pool window (Overall tab) says Calvin Johnson

Trying to play out my first round pick and not sure why I get three different suggestions from the software.

Has it always been like this?

Which one is the right one to look at during the draft?

First time DD user but based off all of the articles I've come across my rankings seem quite a bit off.

League settings:

Passing Every 20 passing yards (PY20) 2

TD Pass (PTD) 6

50+ yard TD pass bonus (PTD50) 2

Interceptions Thrown (INT) -3

2pt Passing Conversion (2PC) 2

300-399 yard passing game (P300) 5

Sacked (SK) -1

Rushing Every 10 rushing yards (RY10) 2

TD Rush (RTD) 6

50+ yard TD rush bonus (RTD50) 2

2pt Rushing Conversion (2PR) 2

100-199 yard rushing game (RY100) 5

Receiving Every 10 receiving yards (REY10) 2

TD Reception (RETD) 6

50+ yard TD rec bonus (RETD50) 2

2pt Receiving Conversion (2PRE) 2

100-199 yard receiving game (REY100) 5

1 QB

2 RB

2 WR

1 TE

1 DEF

1 K

DD and VBD suggest I should draft according to the top 50 but I regularly see players like Murray at 15, Bush at 22, Mathews at 29, DeAngelo Williams at 47 (major one), Ahmad Bradshaw at 49. Mendenhell also cracked the top 50.

Bush I can live with I suppose but why are Murray, Mathews, and WIlliams significantly higher in 'value' and in the rankings in contrast with their ADP?

According to the DD and VBD I would draft a lot of players before their resepctive value. The Draft is also suggesting I draft McFadden at 24. I understand I shouldn't follow it to to the T but a lot of players are jumping 10-20 spots in value.

I'm also getting a lot of the same suggestions in my more normally rated leagues. Should I print screen my scoring screen? Something feels off.

Edited by FryDude

Bruce,

Been using the draft dominator for a few years but today doing a mock draft in 14.0g I saw these three things come up as my suggested first round pick (5).

Best Value window says CJ Spiller

Draft Status window suggests Drew Brees

Player Pool window (Overall tab) says Calvin Johnson

Trying to play out my first round pick and not sure why I get three different suggestions from the software.

Has it always been like this?

Which one is the right one to look at during the draft?

How do you have the owners setup? Expert? Magazine ratings?

Do you have Draft by ADP on or off?

Player Pool won't necessarily suggest best player to draft because of VBD principles. Draft Status Window and Best Value Window should match, unless you have clicked on a player in the pool - then they will show up on the draft status and the player you should be drafting will show up in the best value window..

First time DD user but based off all of the articles I've come across my rankings seem quite a bit off.

League settings:

Passing Every 20 passing yards (PY20) 2

TD Pass (PTD) 6

50+ yard TD pass bonus (PTD50) 2

Interceptions Thrown (INT) -3

2pt Passing Conversion (2PC) 2

300-399 yard passing game (P300) 5

Sacked (SK) -1

Rushing Every 10 rushing yards (RY10) 2

TD Rush (RTD) 6

50+ yard TD rush bonus (RTD50) 2

2pt Rushing Conversion (2PR) 2

100-199 yard rushing game (RY100) 5

Receiving Every 10 receiving yards (REY10) 2

TD Reception (RETD) 6

50+ yard TD rec bonus (RETD50) 2

2pt Receiving Conversion (2PRE) 2

100-199 yard receiving game (REY100) 5

1 QB

2 RB

2 WR

1 TE

1 DEF

1 K

DD and VBD suggest I should draft according to the top 50 but I regularly see players like Murray at 15, Bush at 22, Mathews at 29, DeAngelo Williams at 47 (major one), Ahmad Bradshaw at 49. Mendenhell also cracked the top 50.

Bush I can live with I suppose but why are Murray, Mathews, and WIlliams significantly higher in 'value' and in the rankings in contrast with their ADP?

According to the DD and VBD I would draft a lot of players before their resepctive value. The Draft is also suggesting I draft McFadden at 24. I understand I shouldn't follow it to to the T but a lot of players are jumping 10-20 spots in value.

I'm also getting a lot of the same suggestions in my more normally rated leagues. Should I print screen my scoring screen? Something feels off.

Without seeing your league file, I'm going to take an educated guess that your 2 points/10 yards rushing is accentuating the value of RB's.

I figured the same too until I tried it with my second league where it's

4TD - Pass

1 pt 25 yr pass

1 pt 10 yards rushing

6 rush TD

1 pt 10 yards receiving

6 receiving TD

1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE

And I still had Murray going 20 with Bush at 22 McFadden at 26 Mendenhall at 44 and and Deangelo at 47. Maybe the rankings are right based on value and I'm misinterpreting them but it does still seem like I'd be reaching for them.

Thanks.

Edited by FryDude

I figured the same too until I tried it with my second league where it's

4TD - Pass

1 pt 25 yr pass

1 pt 10 yards rushing

6 rush TD

1 pt 10 yards receiving

6 receiving TD

1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE

And I still had Murray going 20 with Bush at 22 McFadden at 26 Mendenhall at 44 and and Deangelo at 47. Maybe the rankings are right based on value and I'm misinterpreting them but it does still seem like I'd be reaching for them.

Thanks.

These rankings probably seem off to you because using Joe's secret formula does not accurately reflect your league's tendencies. I suggest looking at this article to help set your own baseline: http://www.footballguys.com/05vbdrevisited.htm

Hopefully this is the right place for this. Just wondering if I can drop an enhancement request in here. We're starting an all-IDP league this year that separates DL into DT and DE positions, and DB into S and CB positions. Could we have the option to designate more broken down positions for IDPs sometime in the future? Or is there a way to do it I just haven't found yet?

Thanks!

I am using the DD for a live draft as commissioner and projection on big screen. We are using the "Draft Board" within DD. I want the player pool sorted alphabetically. I have set all scoring to zero and zeroed out some projection values but the sort is scramble. for example Devon wylie is #1 WR Ahmad Bradfors is #1 RB and Sam Bradford is #1 QB.

How do I get the player pool to sort alphabetically?

I am using the DD for a live draft as commissioner and projection on big screen. We are using the "Draft Board" within DD. I want the player pool sorted alphabetically. I have set all scoring to zero and zeroed out some projection values but the sort is scramble. for example Devon wylie is #1 WR Ahmad Bradfors is #1 RB and Sam Bradford is #1 QB.

How do I get the player pool to sort alphabetically?

DD's Player Pool window is default sorted by overall rank in the Overall tab, by positional rank within Position tabs. Unfortunately, it is NOT sortable any other way. This is one of the requests for future DD releases, as some of us would like to sort it by ADP or Exp (to bring rookies to the top), but it won't happen this year.

Your list is scrambled to such an extent because you zeroed out scoring and projection values. Alphabetical sorting just isn't going to happen, no matter how you slice it.

On another note, why would you even want the Player Pool sorted alphabetically? I wouldn't project my Player Pool Window on a screen for all to see......absolutely no way. I would, however, project the Draft Board Window for all to see.

We are going to have this laptop connected to a projector for all to use and make their own entries. I didnt want any type of ranking, only alphabetical, like a draft board with name stickers....kinda

i was hoping if i zeroed out the values an alphabetically sort would default but not the case

Edited by atcdav

I think I will just use projections from last free version. That should be of no benefit to anyone. We need a player pool to enter into the draft board. I will have another laptop for my onw use...

Can you use the VBD Sheets?

I've been getting the error:

Error Reading Depth Charts- Invaild Player data: (inj)

when I attempt to update Draft Dominator. It only started today. I did download the projection app a few days ago and set up a weight scheme. But I get the error only when i go into file and hit the update button on the Draft Dominator. Any idea on how to correct this. No info is given on which player the update has issues with.

Me too...same error:

Error Reading Depth Charts- Invaild Player data: (inj)

Started today for me as well.

Same error here.

Even after a reinstall.

Yep, getting it to. I've opened up the dc.raw file, and at line 807, there's a line that only says "(inj)", no player name. I'm guessing that's the problem. There's another problem at line 1278, I don't think "(inj0" is right. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to import depth charts.

Same problem and when I set all values to zero the app errored when generating a cheat sheet, so couldnt import it.

Here's a suggestion. Before the draft, you can export the player pool. It will export to a CSV file. Open that in Excel, and strip out all of the info you don't want seen. Then, just keep track of the players taken in that You can project it instead.

This would take a lot of work, but you could clear out all projections for every player. Without any projections, all players should have no rankings (just a guess, haven't tried it).

I apologize if this has been covered, but I cannot find it. I am trying to change the ADP that appears in the Player Pool portion of DD. I have seen many forums that tell how to modify the ADP.CSV, and I have written an excel file to change all of the ADP columns to match the set that I want to use.

However, the ADP that appears in the player pool while I am drafting is pulling from some other source. The projections section of setup seems to have all of the other data that it is pulling for that section (age, exp, notes). However I cannot seem to find where DD is pulling this ADP from. I found a source I like better for this number, and I would use that information on the fly when drafting. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi everyone, hope you will forgive my newbie question. I just signed up and downloaded DD. I tired a few mock drafts using it and im not very good at keeping up with the draft and also entering the players into DD.

So my question is, if im only interested in drafting using VBD, is there any advantage to using DD during the draft over simply printing out its top 200 players and using the list? Its not clear to me if the numbers adjust during the draft based on whom was taken or if there is something else I'm overlooking?

Thanks and great site!

Hi everyone, hope you will forgive my newbie question. I just signed up and downloaded DD. I tired a few mock drafts using it and im not very good at keeping up with the draft and also entering the players into DD.

So my question is, if im only interested in drafting using VBD, is there any advantage to using DD during the draft over simply printing out its top 200 players and using the list? Its not clear to me if the numbers adjust during the draft based on whom was taken or if there is something else I'm overlooking?

Thanks and great site!

All kinds of great reasons - including tracking team stats of the other owners, bye weeks, calculating DVBD, seeing true value vs. ADP....

check out the thread at the top of the forum - How to use DD on Draft Day....

I apologize if this has been covered, but I cannot find it. I am trying to change the ADP that appears in the Player Pool portion of DD. I have seen many forums that tell how to modify the ADP.CSV, and I have written an excel file to change all of the ADP columns to match the set that I want to use.

However, the ADP that appears in the player pool while I am drafting is pulling from some other source. The projections section of setup seems to have all of the other data that it is pulling for that section (age, exp, notes). However I cannot seem to find where DD is pulling this ADP from. I found a source I like better for this number, and I would use that information on the fly when drafting. Any help would be appreciated.

There is ADP.CSV and ADP_User.CSV. The first file is overwritten every time you get updated projections. The second file is only imported when you do File -> Import and select ADP User. There should be a post somewhere describing how to create the user file.

Sorry if this has been covered... but, I have a quick question... I am confused about the “Draft other teams by ADP” box in the DD setup General Tab... Do I want this checked in my Live Drafts for my League or only during Mock Draft practicing??

Also, I am not importing any ADP List's only using the List's available on the DD... I have been switching the "ADP List for Mocks" to CBS SportsLine while I Mock Draft, but should I do so in my Live Draft??? If not, what should I put in the drop-down???

Thanks for the Help!

There is ADP.CSV and ADP_User.CSV. The first file is overwritten every time you get updated projections. The second file is only imported when you do File -> Import and select ADP User. There should be a post somewhere describing how to create the user file.

Thanks for the response. All of my reading of the user_adp.csv says that it allows me to put in league tendencies and have them factored in to the ADP. This is not the problem I am trying to solve. When I am drafting, I rely heavily on the 'player pool' window. I like to use the ADP in the seventh column to help me anticipate if I need to take a player now, or if I can risk waiting til it comes back the other way.

I have written an excel file that allows me to replace all of the ADP's in the adp.csv with a set that I like better than what the DD is using (adp expert, adp consensus, etc) . However, even if I put 10 in all of the columns for Peterson (and move others around appropriately), It always says his ADP is 1.01. I can't get the display to show the information that I need, and it will be cumbersome to use my ADP in another program. The only solution I have is to put the ADP in note1 for all the players, but there seems like there should be a way to have DD pull my numbers out of the adp.csv, or elsewhere. Thanks DevilDog (from one to another) or anyone else who can help.

Thanks for the response. All of my reading of the user_adp.csv says that it allows me to put in league tendencies and have them factored in to the ADP. This is not the problem I am trying to solve. When I am drafting, I rely heavily on the 'player pool' window. I like to use the ADP in the seventh column to help me anticipate if I need to take a player now, or if I can risk waiting til it comes back the other way.

I have written an excel file that allows me to replace all of the ADP's in the adp.csv with a set that I like better than what the DD is using (adp expert, adp consensus, etc) . However, even if I put 10 in all of the columns for Peterson (and move others around appropriately), It always says his ADP is 1.01. I can't get the display to show the information that I need, and it will be cumbersome to use my ADP in another program. The only solution I have is to put the ADP in note1 for all the players, but there seems like there should be a way to have DD pull my numbers out of the adp.csv, or elsewhere. Thanks DevilDog (from one to another) or anyone else who can help.

If you create your own ADP you have to import it too. File > Import > ADP. I moved AP to #2 and DM to #1 and it only updated after I imported.

If you create your own ADP you have to import it too. File > Import > ADP. I moved AP to #2 and DM to #1 and it only updated after I imported.

That appears to be the step that I was missing. I assumed that the program accessed the file every time it was opened, but the import worked. If anyone else is following these notes; I had to export it first, but then it imported it just fine. Thank you very much for the help, this one was driving me a little crazy.

Tried repeatedly updating projections in windows version of DD 14.0m running on Windows 8 and keep getting Error Message: "Error Accessing Site: Path/File access error". Have installed on an old Windows XP computer and have no problem but computer is failing for non DD issues. Can someone help diagnose this error and tell me how to fix. Thanks.

Tried repeatedly updating projections in windows version of DD 14.0m running on Windows 8 and keep getting Error Message: "Error Accessing Site: Path/File access error". Have installed on an old Windows XP computer and have no problem but computer is failing for non DD issues. Can someone help diagnose this error and tell me how to fix. Thanks.

Make certain you've logged into the Premium site on your Windows 8 Machine.

Hi,

I'm in an auction league where we have a $200 cap but a $3 minimum. the way the league works is you can draft as many/few guys as you want, and that becomes the size of your roster. So, some guys draft like 9 players total (we start 8), while others draft 16+ guys.

I've found that the draft dominator seems to underprice the very expensive guys, and overprice the middle guys. So, if I followed the values to the tee, i'd end up with 5 4th round players and 5 5th round players and no good players (which would not make a good team).

I've tried setting the league to have 9 or 10 rounds, then expanding the team size as the draft goes on, but even that doesn't work great.

Do you know what the solution should be?

For instance, when I had it at 12 players, the DD said AP was worth 56, he went for 66. I'm guess from experience that 66 was probably a little high, but only by a few dollars, not 10.

• 10 months later...

This is the first year I have used Draft Dominator on a Mac, and I must say it is a disappointment.

Is there some reason why it lacks so many features present in the Windows version? For example:

1. Can't believe it doesn't have any window to show the draft picks made other than the clunky draft board window that goes horizontally for the rounds. This is as basic as it gets.

2. Surprised it doesn't offer schedule and projected results.

Is this going to ever catch up to the Windows version, or is all attention now on mobile apps to the exclusion of improvements for the Mac version?

• Like 1

Is there a way to insert empty draft slots in certain rounds? With trading of draft picks and such, we have teams that aren't drafting in every round, especially at the end of the draft.

Easiest way is to go into Setup> Projections Tab and create dummy players through the 'Add Player' button. IE - 01 Dummy, 02 Dummy, etc. You can enter them into the appropriate spot.

Edited by GoBears84

Recently my DD application stopped displaying ADP values for one of my files. (I have a couple formats saved for different league preferences). Everyone is 00.0. Everything is good in one league, but 00.0 in the other. I have Windows 7. I tried downloading the latest version (D) but t did not correct the issue.

Every year I LOL at those that expect something better from the DD, especially on the mac side. It's completely unfathomable that FBG has spent so much time into the iPhone app, but yet, doesn't have a fully functional DD for desktop macs. DD needs an entire makeover but since it doesn't bring in money for FBG they let it go and will continue to do so unless there is such an uproar over it that memberships fall. Until then, be happy that they update it every 3 weeks and call it a day.

I have a question that I could not figure out. My league switched from points per every 100 yards for a rusher for rushing yards. To points for 100 yards per rusher combined with their receiving yards. How do I setup the scoring to handle the point total for a combine yardage versus specific rushing/receiving.