Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

I have a problem with setting the other teams in DD. I opened my 2013 file in 2014 DD so I could keep the settings the same. But it won't let me set the ADP for mocks to anything other than EXPERT and PPR-EXPERT.

but if I create a brand new league, it gives me consensus, CBS, etc.

What do I have to do to get those options?

Also, the ADP for Lamarr Miller is weird, it is set up at 15.09, yet is is RB 17. In the NEW LEAGUE, he is 18, but 8.08

Seems like I've got problems. Thanks! Been using DD for 6-9 years.

jim

I have a question that I could not figure out. My league switched from points per every 100 yards for a rusher for rushing yards. To points for 100 yards per rusher combined with their receiving yards. How do I setup the scoring to handle the point total for a combine yardage versus specific rushing/receiving.

You can't do combined yards, but the difference, in terms of projections, shouldn't be much different.

Hi,

I'm using DD to run Mock drafts, and I'm pretty convinced that all of the other teams are selecting right along the same ranking sheet that I have displayed regardless of what I select for each of them in settings. The line-ups come out identical each time I run it no matter how I change it around. Am I doing something wrong?

Seems I make this mistake every year...but realistically, it seems like a glitch.

I've updated my DD for this coming year, updated the teams, schedule, draft order, etcetera. Unfortunately, the Draft Board does not match the draft order. Instead, it's listed in the order of the Team Names tab.

Is there a way to fix this without major surgery? Can't we get the Draft Board to match the Draft Order?

I have to run DD off of a flash drive because my work laptop won't let me install anything. I never had a problem in the past using a laptop running Windows XP. This year we've upgraded to Windows 8. And now I can't get DD running. I'm downloading the program onto my home PC, and I test it to make sure it runs just fine. Check. Copy all of the 2014 files over to the DD folder on the flash drive. Check. Unzip all of the system files and add them to the DD folder on the flash drive. Check. Attempt to open DD and get this error: "Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid." Any clue what that means, and how I would go about rectifying it? I have my first draft on Saturday the 9th, so I'm desperate to get this working!

I have to run DD off of a flash drive because my work laptop won't let me install anything. I never had a problem in the past using a laptop running Windows XP. This year we've upgraded to Windows 8. And now I can't get DD running. I'm downloading the program onto my home PC, and I test it to make sure it runs just fine. Check. Copy all of the 2014 files over to the DD folder on the flash drive. Check. Unzip all of the system files and add them to the DD folder on the flash drive. Check. Attempt to open DD and get this error: "Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid." Any clue what that means, and how I would go about rectifying it? I have my first draft on Saturday the 9th, so I'm desperate to get this working!

I think the ".ocx file" is a file that needs be ran locally from Windows. If it's not properly installed locally on the hard drive it won't run the program. You need to install locally on the laptop somehow. Are you good friends with the IT admin?

MacBook Air user... How do I edit 'User Notes' fields? I remember this field easily editable with non-Mac; i'm really confused on how to make player notes with my Mac DD.

Thanks!

I am needing to know this too... the fields are right there but how do you type in them? SO frustrating

So is DD Desktop now different from DD Mobile App? And a FBG Subscriber gets DD Desktop as part of the subscription, but not the Mobile App? It seems the mobile app will do mock auctions, but desktop does not?

They are different. The mobile app is where the desktop version should be IMO but after a couple years of saying they were going to make changes and getting nothing I am not going to hold my breath. :(

Had an early draft last night and I used DD. Unfortunate I had virtually no free time to do any research going into the draft so I put in all my trust into the DD application to help me draft a sick team.

Big mistake

The only change to the scoring this year from last was PPR for all receivers. I factored that into the application and I don;t know what happened but it basically led me to draft total garbage players compared to what yahoo recommended. The draft was awful. I already want to drop players. I was flustered, took a dump in my pants around pick 6, and pretty much led to a complete embarrassment in a league filled with all family members. DD even told me to draft retired players! WTF. I figured since it's only been 1 preseason game, and our dumb ### commish wanted to draft early this year, it pretty much screwed my chances to prepare a good team.

I've got some work to do this season. Anyone else out there have grips using DD while drafting PPR leagues on yahoo? I'm done with it.

Even with a draft tool like Draft Dominator, you need to do research and figure out how to best use it before your draft.

crap it didn't attach.... anyway, it has said this since Tuesday

"Error Reading Depth Charts - Invalid Player Data: Ellis Lankster,LankEl99,g,,"

I just fired up DD (and did an update) to see what was so special about Ellis Lankster, and I had the same error pop up. Did a search for him and he's not listed in the Player Pool. Seems something happened when the main FBG site went down and you do an update after..

Hey all,

My first time using Draft Dominator for auction leagues on my Mac. I'm usually very savvy on a computer, so slightly embarrassed to be struggling this much with it. My two problems so far:

1) Even if I enter my own custom $ values in the notes3 fields for some players, they aren't reflected in the player pool when I view it during my draft attempts

2) From what I can tell, the only place during an auction draft where I can enter what someone paid for a player is inside the "draft status" window. The problem is the draft status window doesn't let me choose which player I want to enter a value for. It just goes down a preset list of players. Where else in this program could I send a player to a given team and also enter what was paid?

Thanks!

Quick one - how do you delete all the notes? I even created a new file but my notes from last year are still appearing for each player.

Forget it. Opened the playernotes.dat file in the DD install folder and deleted everything there. Reopened DD and notes are gone!

crap it didn't attach.... anyway, it has said this since Tuesday

"Error Reading Depth Charts - Invalid Player Data: Ellis Lankster,LankEl99,g,,"

I just fired up DD (and did an update) to see what was so special about Ellis Lankster, and I had the same error pop up. Did a search for him and he's not listed in the Player Pool. Seems something happened when the main FBG site went down and you do an update after..

Had this same exact problem. On a hunch, I shut everything running down, rebooted (Running Windows 7 fwiw) and tried again. It installed fine and runs fine still.

So is DD Desktop now different from DD Mobile App? And a FBG Subscriber gets DD Desktop as part of the subscription, but not the Mobile App? It seems the mobile app will do mock auctions, but desktop does not?

This really confuses me, so I'm glad someone else posted about it. I'm not sure which is more reliable, because when inputting the same rankings, significantly different rankings come up. I had both open at a draft yesterday and it led to at least one selection I wish I could take back. Anyone else frustrated with this, for those who have access to both, and which app are you looking at more: the desktop or mobile DD?

• Like 1

MacBook Air user... How do I edit 'User Notes' fields? I remember this field easily editable with non-Mac; i'm really confused on how to make player notes with my Mac DD.

Thanks!

I am needing to know this too... the fields are right there but how do you type in them? SO frustrating

Any resolution to this? I'm having the same issue...

I am new to the draft dominator. My new league has an intersting lineup to say the least. I am not sure how to enter the roster in Here it goes. 10 starters

1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 Def 1 K

2 flex positions: 1 flex is WR/TE, the other is any offensive player (QB,RB, WR or TE).Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ron

Thanks!

Any resolution to this? I'm having the same issue...

Found it!

-File

-Setup

-Projections

-Locate Player (Qb,RB, Wr, etc)

-Scroll right to player notes and enter info there

Bit of a pain, but it works

Hey all,

My first time using Draft Dominator for auction leagues on my Mac. I'm usually very savvy on a computer, so slightly embarrassed to be struggling this much with it. My two problems so far:

1) Even if I enter my own custom $ values in the notes3 fields for some players, they aren't reflected in the player pool when I view it during my draft attempts

2) From what I can tell, the only place during an auction draft where I can enter what someone paid for a player is inside the "draft status" window. The problem is the draft status window doesn't let me choose which player I want to enter a value for. It just goes down a preset list of players. Where else in this program could I send a player to a given team and also enter what was paid?

Thanks!

Anyone help me out on this? Just can't get my own values in, and definitely have no idea how I select a player to enter a value for mid-draft, other than the next player up in order in the list. What other screen allows me to do that? Thanks!

I am new to the draft dominator. My new league has an intersting lineup to say the least. I am not sure how to enter the roster in Here it goes. 10 starters

1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 Def 1 K

2 flex positions: 1 flex is WR/TE, the other is any offensive player (QB,RB, WR or TE).Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ron

I would check "flex" for all your offensive positions. Depending on your scoring, needs and strategy, I would assume a QB would be your flex in the super flex spot. After you have filled your super flex (with whatever position you choose) then go your settings and uncheck the flex options for the positions not available in your regular flex spot (so you'd uncheck QB & RB). From then on DD will see WR & TE as your only flex options.

You could also leave all your positions checked, and use the "max roster" option in your setup. That way if you choose a player based on a DD recommendation, but it's over the limit you set for that position, it will remind you of what you want your team to look like with an alert saying "Over max roster limit for this position" and you can move to your second choice. This might screw up your VBD scores, though, since it'll still be looking at all your players as flex options. I still like the first option better.

The best option, no matter what you do, is have a draft strategy before you go in. DD can help you, but it's just a program - there will be glitches and mistakes, and it's not able to account for every draft setup. If something looks weird, right click any player and choose "View Player Webpage". It'll give some quick info. Also, go to the "View" tab at the top, and open up "Player Comments". That will have dated comments by FBG guys. Look at the most recent ones (if any) to help you get an idea of what you feel about a player.

There's probably more (and maybe even better) ways to do this, but this is the best I've found. Hope it helps.

Edited by Hoss Style

This really confuses me, so I'm glad someone else posted about it. I'm not sure which is more reliable, because when inputting the same rankings, significantly different rankings come up. I had both open at a draft yesterday and it led to at least one selection I wish I could take back. Anyone else frustrated with this, for those who have access to both, and which app are you looking at more: the desktop or mobile DD?

I certainly am not an expert, hoever, I have used the Mobile App for a number of mock drafts a few online drafts. I also used the Desktop version for a draft. The Mobile app takes a while to get used to but, provides some interesting suggestions based on how you SORT the draft suggestions. You can sort via traditional VBD, Value Picks, "Based on my roster ranking", ADP, etc. So, I have found that flipping through the different models helps me identify the right pick, for my team, at the right time. The problem - the app can be a little slow when tracking and entering draft picks. SO - do not expect to download the app and pick it up 5 minutes before your draft. I like it but, it took a while to get comfortable with it. If you are runing late - then stick with the Desktop version. If you have time to learn the App version - I like new ways to sort.

So here's a random question - I had DD installed on my old work computer. I got a new work computer last week. I've tried to install DD, but now I need admin rights to do it. :thumbdown: I tried installing it on my home PC, zipping the requred files, and moving it to the new PC and unzipping, but there are some *.ocx and other files that install in the Windows/System32 folder...and, you guessed it...I need admin rights to install there too.

Anybody successfully install this via some work-around for not having admin rights on a PC?

So here's a random question - I had DD installed on my old work computer. I got a new work computer last week. I've tried to install DD, but now I need admin rights to do it. :thumbdown: I tried installing it on my home PC, zipping the requred files, and moving it to the new PC and unzipping, but there are some *.ocx and other files that install in the Windows/System32 folder...and, you guessed it...I need admin rights to install there too.

Anybody successfully install this via some work-around for not having admin rights on a PC?

Did you put it into c:\FBG?

Setup question. My league does not have any max number of roster spots for any positions. Should I change the roster spots to zero in DD setup, or should I enter the number of roster spots for each position that I plan to draft?

Thanks.

If you have some league history, use that. Otherwise, you are correct - use your planned roster spots.

This was dropped on me. We are changing our PPR values to 2 points per 5 rec. How do I quantify this in DD?

0.4/reception

Thanks for answering

I think that is giving me incorrect rankings. it is a 2 pt bonus for every 5 receptions, not per reception.

I am running the Windows version of Draft Dominator on a virtual machine inside my Mac (the Windows version of Draft Dominator seems to work better). Unfortunately, that virtual machine is not connected to the internet. Is the a way for me to download the latest projections using my Mac and park them where they need to be in the Windows Draft Dominator folder? Thanks.

Also: I could not find My Team Mock Draft in the Mac version - is it there?

I am running the Windows version of Draft Dominator on a virtual machine inside my Mac (the Windows version of Draft Dominator seems to work better). Unfortunately, that virtual machine is not connected to the internet. Is the a way for me to download the latest projections using my Mac and park them where they need to be in the Windows Draft Dominator folder? Thanks.
Also: I could not find My Team Mock Draft in the Mac version - is it there?

No. you have to do it manually.

I spent a lot of time assembling projections and putting them into the VDB Excel app. After importing the projections into DD for Windows version 15.0h, I found that the calculated fantasy points in DD don't match fantasy points in VDB Excel or my hand calculated points using my league's scoring system and projections for a sample player. Here is one example

Peyton Manning

5308 passing yards at 0.05 pts/yard = 265.4 pts

45 passing TDs at 6 pts/TD = 270 pts

12 Ints at -2 pts/Int = -24 pts

-1 rushing yards at 0.1 pts/yd = -.1 pts

3 fumbles lost at -2 pts/fumble = -6 pts

Total should be 505.3 pts. VDB Excel app calculates 505. DD calculates 469.5. I have verified the settings and projections in each app. No differences were found.

The main reason I maintain my subscription to FootballGuys is to use DD during drafts. It is very disturbing that it is so inaccurate. Additionally, the ranking of players in DD don't match the ranking of players in the VDB App. I have used DD for many years but basic errors like this are not acceptable and indicates inadequate testing. Unfortunately, my first draft is tonight and I don't expect this defect to be fixed in time. I would like it fixed before my next draft on 28 Aug if possible.

FYI, tried to post this on the known issues thread. Not sure if it posted since it just kept showing this reply window.