Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Is the app a better program than the desktop version? Does the app have better/more features? I see the app can be adjusted to look at things like upside, list tiers...can the desktop do that?

If I had both the desktop and the app, which is the better of the two to use on draft day?

This. I have the app and the desktop version. Only my third year in fantasy and tired of losing my A$#! so I'm trying to use the best tool available.

I used DD for the first time yesterday in my first draft of the year. I had some difficulties because I used only one PC. The picks were made quickly and I couldn't track the draft and DD at the same time. I'm thinking about using my tablet and PC simultaneously in my next draft. Any idea?

I used DD for the first time yesterday in my first draft of the year. I had some difficulties because I used only one PC. The picks were made quickly and I couldn't track the draft and DD at the same time. I'm thinking about using my tablet and PC simultaneously in my next draft. Any idea?

All I can tell you, Motocube, is that I've been doing this for years. There may be better techniques than mine, but here's what I do. I set up both my DD screen and my draft screen to sizes that allow me to see part of both screens at all times. This makes it easier for me to switch quickly from one screen to the other with a mouse click. I set the view on the DD screen to have the Player Pool at the extreme left, with enough space below it to leave part of the Draft Status box visible (again, for quick access with a click). I put the Team Data screen beside the Player Pool, with enough space below that to show the Best Value Pick screen. Those are the only 4 modules I have up on my DD screen during a draft. Keep enough of your draft screen visible behind the DD screen to be able to track when your pick is getting close. Just keep going back and forth between screens to update picks as they're made. (Obviously, you can use Alt + Tab to switch screens, but I find the mouse, with partial visibility of the "off" screen to be better for me.)

It's not easy; but it can be done. Run a bunch of mocks to get used to it. Mocks all run with a 30 second timer, so you should be well prepared for your league draft, which probably allows more time than that between picks. Good luck!

What I've been doing is having my ipad open, using that for the draft (ESPN), and using my old and slow laptop to run DD. Works like a champ. Even in later rounds when most players are in auto, I don't have much trouble keeping up

DD might have a bug.

Once you open the "Comments" window and then close it and then close the program, when you re-open DD, the comments window comes back.

Even if you go into the INI file (with DD closed) and change "Player Comments Visible" to NO and then open DD, it is initially missing, but if you close and re-open, the Comments window is back with the INI file value set to YES.

Sorry if this has been covered but I'm a bit confused.

What is best way to configure the starter, roster and should I check flexed column for the following league info?

14 team league with 15 draft rounds; starting

1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB,WR or TE), 1Kicker, 1Defense

Thanks so much for your help.

Posted as a different thread but I see this gets more actions;

I have the same .ddf file on my PC and on MAC but each system is showing different rankings and projections.

I can see some of the files were old on my FBG folder so I deleted it and re-installed it. I am unable to see the projection dates on the MAC. Is is possible that I am doing something wrong or will the application show different data? Please help.

I understand the difference in fantasy points between DD and the VBD Excel sheet, however I am seeing drastically different VBD values. Is this expected?

For example:

Using DD my top 5 are:

Antonio Brown

Rob Gronkowski

LeVeon Bell

Jamaal Charles

Adrian Peterson

Julio Jones

Using the VBD sheet:

LeVeon Bell

Jamaal Charles

Adrian Peterson

​Eddie Lacy

C.J. Anderson

Brown is 9 overall, Gronk is 10 overall

Both DD and VBD are the versions released today and I imported the VBD projections and settings into DD

In the past I have noticed slight differences but never anything this drastic

I understand the difference in fantasy points between DD and the VBD Excel sheet, however I am seeing drastically different VBD values. Is this expected?

For example:

Using DD my top 5 are:

Antonio Brown

Rob Gronkowski

LeVeon Bell

Jamaal Charles

Adrian Peterson

Julio Jones

Using the VBD sheet:

LeVeon Bell

Jamaal Charles

Adrian Peterson

​Eddie Lacy

C.J. Anderson

Brown is 9 overall, Gronk is 10 overall

Both DD and VBD are the versions released today and I imported the VBD projections and settings into DD

In the past I have noticed slight differences but never anything this drastic

I also have the same issue and I am puzzled by this

It seems like the PC DD is broken... Mine also has AB first overall and then gronk and then a bunch of WR's and then Andrew luck and then finally RBs

Would someone from FBG respond and advise if this is true? If so, is the Mac version impacted? If the PC version is broken- is a fix for it forthcoming? Thanks.

To anyone having issues with DD rankings. you might get a quicker response if you post a start a NEW thread in the DESKTOP or MOBILE app forum, which ever is appropriate rather than replying to this topic

Please be sure to include details of your Setup, especially roster sizes, starting lineup requirement, scoring system, VBD baseline being used.

There are normally explanations as to why you are getting the results you're getting.

working with DD v16.0j

Somehow one of the teams has:

Pick 17.06, Pos TE9999, Player Zelenka, Team Joe, Pts. 0.0, VBD -2000, ADP9999, Overall 2000, Age 0, Exp 0

We are currently in 12th round of draft and I had entered some keepers before the draft. The team with the error is not even supposed to have the 17.06 pick.

What gives? Is there a fix to this?

TIA

I'm having the same issue as others where RBs are being devalued. My top 3 are Luck, Gronk, and Brown, and it has only 2 RBs in the top 10. It's the same scoring system I've been using with DD for the last 8 years. This doesn't seem accurate to me. It's the same on the iPad version and the desktop.....although more extreme on the ipad. If I move the RB strength to 100% and keep the others at 0%, it changes it slightly, but not near enough.

I understand it's all match based on scoring and projections, so in theory, if that's what it says I should believe it. But this just feels wrong to me.

Has anyone figured out how to address this?

So... for standard scoring for QBs (no negative point for interceptions, 0.05 pts per passing yard), Cam Newton is QB # 12... makes sense with the loss of Benjamin. But when I changed these values for one of my leagues (-2 for interceptions, 0.04 pts per passing yard), Cam Newton is QB #5 ahead of Ryan, Romo, Brees... is it me or does this seem off?

So... for standard scoring for QBs (no negative point for interceptions, 0.05 pts per passing yard), Cam Newton is QB # 12... makes sense with the loss of Benjamin. But when I changed these values for one of my leagues (-2 for interceptions, 0.04 pts per passing yard), Cam Newton is QB #5 ahead of Ryan, Romo, Brees... is it me or does this seem off?

Also, when I changed fumbles to -2, it also changes Devonta Freeman to RB #21, ahead of JStew, Abdullah, Hyde, Blount, Foster... I don't get this.

I updated the latest projections (i.e. 9/7/15) and noticed that in the Weekly Points for Brady that weeks 1-4 show 0.7, -1.8, 7.1 and 0.0. This is a basic scoring league with 4 pts per TD so week 3 looks OK @ 7.1 but the other 3 weeks can't be correct. It almost looks like DD is still accounting for the Brady's 4 game suspension (which of course has been lifted). In another league that is performance based it's pretty much the same thing. Week 3 shows what you would expect from Brady but weeks 1,2 & 4 at, or near, zero.

Update: I see now that NE has a bye in week 4 so that makes sense. Still don't get that weeks 1 & 2 are zero.

Edited by Buzzbait

I updated the latest projections (i.e. 9/7/15) and noticed that in the Weekly Points for Brady that weeks 1-4 show 0.7, -1.8, 7.1 and 0.0. This is a basic scoring league with 4 pts per TD so week 3 looks OK @ 7.1 but the other 3 weeks can't be correct. It almost looks like DD is still accounting for the Brady's 4 game suspension (which of course has been lifted). In another league that is performance based it's pretty much the same thing. Week 3 shows what you would expect from Brady but weeks 1,2 & 4 at, or near, zero.

Update: I see now that NE has a bye in week 4 so that makes sense. Still don't get that weeks 1 & 2 are zero.

They're probably not updating DD at this point, but you can go into the Settings/Projections and editing the weekly weights for a player. Just make them 1.0 for W1-4.

They're probably not updating DD at this point, but you can go into the Settings/Projections and editing the weekly weights for a player. Just make them 1.0 for W1-4.

If that's true, that's BS. Why wouldn't DD be accurately updated for subscribing members up until the season commences?

• 11 months later...

Quick question

thought I might give the dd a try this week in prep for my big draft Friday night

using my desktop I've got no problems, but figured I'd see what it looks like on my ipad(figure I might use the full version at the draft)

One problem, when I try and download the dd on my iPad it takes me to the apple App Store and attempts to get me to pay an extra $5.....wait, I thought it was part of my subscription?

14 hours ago, Wrigley said:

Quick question

thought I might give the dd a try this week in prep for my big draft Friday night

using my desktop I've got no problems, but figured I'd see what it looks like on my ipad(figure I might use the full version at the draft)

One problem, when I try and download the dd on my iPad it takes me to the apple App Store and attempts to get me to pay an extra $5.....wait, I thought it was part of my subscription?

I wondered that myself. Went to download it, thinking it was part of the package. 

Help - when using the Draft Dominator to get latest projections, it downloads them but when trying to process, returns the error:

"Invalid Projections File Format - Bad or missing Header Line"

The data that is shown/displayed is not correct/updated so I can't use (and my draft is in 90 minutes..)  Any help is appreciated.

37 minutes ago, Skoo said:

App hasn't been working on my Mac since last night, tried to re-download today but it failed.

Bad timing...

Epically crashed midway through my auction draft today. It was a dumpster fire. The desktop classic version

Edited by sdseagles

1 minute ago, sdseagles said:

Epically crashed midway through my auction draft today. It was a dumpster fire. The desktop classic version

These are some awful stories. Now I don't feel so bad. My DD showed quarterbacks on the top of my list for the entire draft even after I'd drafted two right away in my superflex league. I had to dial down the quarterback weight almost to zero. I was really disappointed. The mock drafts I'd done with the new DD were very satisfying. Then I started reading about all of the people refusing to use the new DD and sticking with the classic. I should have done that.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can I just install Draft Dominator on my desktop?  I see Download on the App Store, try it now in your browser, and get it on google play. 

I just want to download the thing onto my computer.

17 hours ago, Mjolnirs said:

Can I just install Draft Dominator on my desktop?  I see Download on the App Store, try it now in your browser, and get it on google play. 

This is the Classic DD forum. Your question relates to the Online and Mobile Draft Dominator. Please check out here for support and if needed raise a support ticket: https://sportsguys.zendesk.com/

Hey Bruce. I need help on entering the correct settings for my draft. Here are the lineup requirements for my league. Draft is 26 rounds.

Total Starters:10

Number of Starting QBs:1-2  (Definitely will be starting 2 QB and likely roster at least 3, likely 4)

Number of Starting RBs:2-6

Number of Starting WRs:2-6

Number of Starting TEs:1-5

No K and no DT

Now I am opening SETUP and click GENERAL tab. I am guessing the "FLEXED" should be ticked for all positions yes? I need to know what numbers should be listed under STARTERS  and ROSTER SPOTS. Thanks, pal.

On 7/19/2017 at 7:06 AM, Simon Shepherd said:
On 7/18/2017 at 1:13 PM, Mjolnirs said:

This is the Classic DD forum. Your question relates to the Online and Mobile Draft Dominator. Please check out here for support and if needed raise a support ticket: https://sportsguys.zendesk.com/

I was talking about the Classic Draft Dominator, I found it though, thanks.

4 hours ago, Mjolnirs said:

I was talking about the Classic Draft Dominator, I found it though, thanks.

Could you share it with the rest of us? I can't be the only one hoping for actual answers to be provided in this forum.

20 hours ago, blake said:

Could you share it with the rest of us? I can't be the only one hoping for actual answers to be provided in this forum.

go to footballguys.com
on the menu bar go to APPS (not tools)
then under Classic Applications
Draft Dominator Classic for Windows

I am trying to access the online draft dominator from an iPad, and the site inevitable tries to redirect me to buying the app from the AppStore. I am really wanting the online version, and iPad is all I got to access the web. How can I access the online version, please?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/19/2017 at 7:06 AM, Simon Shepherd said:

Simon, I may be crazy but I'm hoping you can help me out here.  I feel like last year there was a downloadable file that allowed us to run DD (the new version, not the classic) on a Windows laptop.  For instance, I ran it on my Surface Pro 3.  I also seem to remember there being all kinds of craziness with people getting upset about the development of the DD, blah, blah, blah.  

Anyway, I come on now to start my draft prep (late, I know) and can't find the downloadable version anywhere.  Does this mean that I need to be online to run a draft using the newer DD software through that java webpage?  Did I miss something?  What's going on, man?

On 21/08/2017 at 8:36 PM, Polish Hammer said:

Simon, I may be crazy but I'm hoping you can help me out here.  I feel like last year there was a downloadable file that allowed us to run DD (the new version, not the classic) on a Windows laptop.  For instance, I ran it on my Surface Pro 3.  I also seem to remember there being all kinds of craziness with people getting upset about the development of the DD, blah, blah, blah.  

Anyway, I come on now to start my draft prep (late, I know) and can't find the downloadable version anywhere.  Does this mean that I need to be online to run a draft using the newer DD software through that java webpage?  Did I miss something?  What's going on, man?

:loco:

The post of mine you quoted specifically says that this is the Classic DD forum and that all new DD questions need to use the customer help center at https://sportsguys.zendesk.com 

Please redirect the question there. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Simon Shepherd said:

:loco:

The post of mine you quoted specifically says that this is the Classic DD forum and that all new DD questions need to use the customer help center at https://sportsguys.zendesk.com 

Please redirect the question there. Thanks.

I kept looking and found what I needed anyway.  Honestly, redirecting me to a help desk when you could have said, "actually, the thing you are looking for is now available through this link and can be run on Chrome" would have been better customer service.  

• Like 1

I noticed the rankings in the DD Classic for Windows and the Web version are different despite the scoring settings being the EXACTLY same.  Why is that?  Don't both share the same rankings/data source?  Is the Classic not updated as regular as the online?

For example, in the online version the top 7 QB rankings Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Ryan, Roethlisberger, Wilson and Luck.  In the Classic version the rankings are Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Ryan, Wilson, Winston and Rivers.

I'm also finding a discrepancy in the MyFBG online rankings (Dodds) based on the same league too.  So 3 different apps are showing 3 different sets of rankings even though they are all using the same scoring settings.  Wish I would have noticed this earlier as my draft is today but now I'm just curious as to why this is.  I've gone over the scoring settings in each league at least 4 times to see if I had something different but they are all the same.

Any input would be great.  Thanks!

Update:  Never mind.  I realized that the DD online uses a blend of rankings from dodds, Henry, Tremblay,  etc... whereas the DD Classic and MyFBG projections are using only one author's rankings.  I think I'll go with the DD online  as I like the blend of rankings.

Edited by MaxThreshold