Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The points on the player pool page in the points column doesn't match the points on the projections page in the fantasy points column under setup. When I open a new file P. Manning has 317 on the player pool page. and 340 on the projections page. After entering my scoring system, He has 287.5 on the player pool and 308 on the projections.This caught my eye because on this new version (g) Willie Parker has jumped to #3 RB. J. Addai is at #6 but has better projected stats.Please check this out and let me know

The Projections page is the full season, while the player pool is, usually, only weeks 1-16 (since most fantasy leagues are over by then), and, each week's estimated score is multiplied by the variable in the Weekly Weights column in the Game by Game window. If you've weighted some weeks higher than others, players who score better those weeks will be ranked higher in the Player Pool.

I have a problem:

The program does not save fractual values in the settings. Everytime I start

it, the poinst per passing/rushing/receiving yard are 0 instead of 0,05; 0,1; 0,1

the values I set them too before saving.

I also tried to set the roster requierements to 2,8 WR and 1,2 TE since

my league has a WR/TE flex spot, but the values are also always reseted to 2 and 1 after a

new start.

I have a problem:The program does not save fractual values in the settings. Everytime I startit, the poinst per passing/rushing/receiving yard are 0 instead of 0,05; 0,1; 0,1the values I set them too before saving.I also tried to set the roster requierements to 2,8 WR and 1,2 TE sincemy league has a WR/TE flex spot, but the values are also always reseted to 2 and 1 after anew start.

maybe try using the decimal point < . > instead of the comma < , >. > ,

I have a problem:The program does not save fractual values in the settings. Everytime I startit, the poinst per passing/rushing/receiving yard are 0 instead of 0,05; 0,1; 0,1the values I set them too before saving.I also tried to set the roster requierements to 2,8 WR and 1,2 TE sincemy league has a WR/TE flex spot, but the values are also always reseted to 2 and 1 after anew start.

maybe try using the decimal point < . > instead of the comma < , >. > ,
Yep, and make sure your Regional Settings use a dot . for a decimal point, rather than a comma ,From Windows - Click Start - Control Panel - Regional and Language Options. And set the number to use a dot .

Hi Bruce

My league does not designate specific numbers of RB/WR/TE starters, instead it simply states we must start 5 players from those 3 positions - we can start 5 RBs, 5 WRs, or indeed any combination of the three positions. So you can actually not start a RB (or indeed WR or TE, of course). Do you have any suggestions as to how I should enter the positions into the set-up? The default setting if entering 5 in the flex positions leaves RBs valued too highly - leaving for instance Rudi Johnson higher in the player pool than Chad despite being 35 points adrift.

What I am trying to achieve (and please tell me if you think I'm wrong here) is a setting which values WRs/RBs totally on projected fantasy points - if a WR projects to 225pts and a RB to 224 the WR would be higher ranked in the player pool. At the moment the setting that seems closest is to set RB at 1.9 and WR at 3.1 (and TE at 0). Does this seem to make sense to you? Also, when I run this setting, Manning ends up as the number 3 overall pick. Does this seem intuitively correct to you i.e. that the downgrading of the RB position in this league caused by the freedom to start any combination of 5 RBs/WRs/TEs could cause Manning's value to rise sharply? Bulger comes in at 21 overall, Brady at 23 and Brees and Palmer squeeze in to the top 30 too. I'm just not sure I'm comfortable with these rankings but maybe I should be with this player line-up system?

The scoring is basic perf, 1 per 25 pass, -3 int, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 4 pass TD, 5 rec TD, 6 rush TD, 1pt per rec for all players.

Thanks for advice.

I'd look at leaving the Flex at 5... and playing with the Baselines. If you use the User Configurable by Points... and set the RB and WR points to the same (for example 200 points)... then the RBs and WRs will be on the same scale. You will want to put TEs on this scale as well.

Thanks for the reply and advice. I have never really tinkered with the Baselines before, just used Joe's secret formula. It's no problem to get the WRs and RBs on the same scale, but I have no idea how to relate those to the other positions. Inputting something close to the worst starter method, for instance, means the DD then has Manning at 3 overall, and Baltimore and Chicago at 4 and 5 overall. I'm not sure I believe the integrity of these figures, but equally it doesn't seem right