What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ADP Averaged from 4 sites (download) (1 Viewer)

Look at Vick's ESPN draft position compared to the others. :shock: Amazing. Great work though. Its stuff like this that makes these boards so good. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I agree with the rest - this is great stuff. It's always good to get a handle on where people are going - an under-rated aspect of having a solid draft.Many thanks.

Look at Vick's ESPN draft position compared to the others. :shock: Amazing.
Yeah, they do go a bit overboard on the QB's over there. Take a look at the other top QB's on the ESPN drafts as well. I'm glad everyone is finding this helpful so far. By the way I left Michael Bennett out of this list since his draft position isn't accurate anymore. I'll take similar action if any other major player gets seriously injured.Anyone feel the absence of kickers is a big deal? Sorry IDP guys, adding them would be just too much work :wacko: Any other suggestions for the next edit would be welcomed...

Hey, wait, no PK! :eek: I can't function without that essential info. :excited: :rotflmao:
Since my league doesn't draft kickers (I know, weird, but I hate kickers) I left them out when I created this (didn't realize I'd be posting here when I created it). Anyway, It will be pretty easy to add them in. I'll work on it today and probably repost tonight.If anyone has any formatting suggestions (like the color coding I did) let me know.

Just pullin' your chain Tbone about the kickers. If you can add them that's fine but if not, no big deal. Everything looks great on the sheet the way it is and I appreciate the time you took to put it together.

Good Stuff!!! I was trying to decide which one of these sites to use for my ADP column on my draft sheet. You saved me alot of work. I look foreward to your updates.PS: I could care less about kickers.

Last edited by a moderator:
What citeria/filter did you use for the MFL and AntSports ADP numbers?I believe you cant filter the ESPN and Xpertleagues ADP numbers, right?

I belive the reason why certian ADP have trends is that often the draft tool used on a site like ESPN allows users to pick players from a list that is ordered from their own preseason rankings. So, since some peopel autodraft and don't set the order or if they just don't know as much, the site's preseason rankings goes a long way to determine the trends within the ADP. Regardless, I think ADP is a great way to determine when to pick your "sleeper" and it works even better when you average in the ADP from multiple web sites. Thanks for posting this info.

What citeria/filter did you use for the MFL and AntSports ADP numbers?
- For MFL I used a started date of "any time" with at least 100 drafts (most have actually been in around 200 drafts anyway)- For Antsports I left the dates as the defaults (06/01/03 to 08/15/03) and I used 8-team, normal lineup, tight end required (my league is an 8-team league). I'll switch it to 12-team for the next update since that seems to be the most common, but when I compare the two, there's not much difference. Especially when it is averaged in with the other 3 sites.
I believe you cant filter the ESPN and Xpertleagues ADP numbers, right?
Correct. no filter options on these two.

If you want to filter out some of the sites, can't you just delete that/those column(s) and have excel recalculate the data? Just save it under another name then.

If you want to filter out some of the sites, can't you just delete that/those column(s) and have excel recalculate the data? Just save it under another name then.
Yes, although the way I have the spreadsheet setup right now the AVG column is a constant number rather than a formula. When I finish adding the kickers, I'll change the AVG column to a formula. Then you will be able to delete a column and get the results you want (say if you didn't want to include ESPN or something like that).However it is likely that the order will change by doing this so you'll need to re-sort the list after deleting the column as well.If this is an issue for others as well, and you'd prefer I just post other lists minus a specific site, just let know what you want and I'll post multiple sheets.

Over at ESPN the quarterbacks and players with better name recognition tend to go earlier
Wow, you aren't kiddin. They love them some QBs over there, dont' they?Maybe we should all go join an ESPN money league? ;)

I must be the only one around here without Excel. :wall:Any suggestions how I can view this info without it? Can I open it open with another Microsoft program?Thanks either way!

I must be the only one around here without Excel. :wall:Any suggestions how I can view this info without it? Can I open it open with another Microsoft program?Thanks either way!
You can download Excel reader somewhere. I think it's either on cnet.com or microsoft.com

Great #######' tool for draft night!!!Is this for a 10 or 12 team league?I would like a 10 team league spreadsheet.Thanks!

You can download Excel reader somewhere. I think it's either on cnet.com or microsoft.com
Here's the link to the excel viewer in case someone still wants/needs it.

I will make another call here for T-Bone to get AT LEAST some compensation for this addition to the board. This is worth well more than any TWO freelance articles, especially considering he will do updates this month.I also share the question of 10 or 12 team league?

i have two comments: 1. thanks for doing this as it will help me with some drafts as they are more of an ESPN crowd and not a FBG crowd. and 2. you should have submitted this as a 'Freelance Article' because this thread is going to get mad views and a lot of people as we speak are going to bookmark that webpage with the Excel sheet.again, thanks... :thumbup: :thumbup:

I agree that FBG should add this to their main site but does this violate any copyright laws from the sites that the info came from? Is it OK as free info here on the board but not legit for the main site(especially if put in a pay section)? I don't know if that is a stupid question but I was just wondering why something like this wasn't done before here or any other site?

I also share the question of 10 or 12 team league?
Because I do this manually I'm going to go with 12-team leagues as this is the most common. To do one for each league format would simply be too much work. However I've posted links to the ADP web pages at the beginning of this post and you now have the spreadsheet so you can always input the data yourself if you want something more league specific.

2. you should have submitted this as a 'Freelance Article' because this thread is going to get mad views and a lot of people as we speak are going to bookmark that webpage with the Excel sheet.again, thanks... :thumbup: :thumbup:
Yeah, I wasn't sure this was suitable for freelance stuff....oh well the cat's out of the bag now anyway. Plus this is data that's already out there for the taking to anyone. I just consolidated it into one spot and figured why not share it with the people that would appreciate it most.Glad to hear people are finding it useful though.

I agree that FBG should add this to their main site but does this violate any copyright laws from the sites that the info came from? Is it OK as free info here on the board but not legit for the main site(especially if put in a pay section)? I don't know if that is a stupid question but I was just wondering why something like this wasn't done before here or any other site?
Not sure they'd want to do that. Plus by posting here if I decide to bag it and go off on vacation to Bora Bora, there's nobody holding me accountable to keep it updated (of course you guys might flame me for a while). I'm not going to do that of course, but I prefer to do work because I like doing it, not because I have to do it if that makes sense.On the other hand if they wanted to take this concept and do the work themselves and post it, that's ok by me. :D

Good job Tbone. This is why I come here, for the great info.Surprised to see my custom team logo on somebody elses profile. Guess I should be flattered.

Tbone,You should get paid either way. Either by FBG adding it to their site or 'under the table' by all of us. Especially if you keep updating and modifying it. It was a great idea and you stepped up to the plate to do it. Hopefully, at least the FF gods are with you this year and you win all your leagues. Thanks again. :thumbup:

For those of you who have been following along here I've decided to use my very first post in this thread (at the bottom of it in blue) to give updated information. I figured if I did it with just another reply it'd probably get buried. If you take a look at it now you'll see that I decided to bag kickers. Sorry David Akers !!!

FBG MODERATORS:This thread should be permanently pinned. I also recommend a secondary pinning of this at the top of the Applications questions board.

Users who are viewing this thread