What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ADP Averaged from 4 sites (download) (1 Viewer)

If anyone has a link to the ESPN ADP(or any other reputable site) I can include those as well, I could not find the damn thing.

Maybe its just me, but the web page doesn't see to be displaying correctly.There aren't any players listed. This is what I am getting.Average Draft Version 2.3 - All Positions Created 8/25 - by Scott Alker SELECT * FROM average ORDER BY #SortOrder# DESC Guest Contributor Scott Alker (TBone on the FBG Message Boards) has combed through the different Average Draft lists on the Internet (Antsports, My Fantasy League, ESPN and Xperts Leagues) to provide us the data for the comprehensive Average Draft List. Just click on the headings to sort the columns.Position Lists: All, QB, RB, WR, TE, PK, Def Rank Name Team/Bye Pos Ant MFL ESPN XPRT AVG #NumberFormat("#rank#", '__,_____')# #fname# #lname# #team# #pos1# #NumberFormat("#ant#", '__,____._')# #NumberFormat("#mfl#", '__,____._')# #NumberFormat("#espn#", '__,____._')# #NumberFormat("#xprt#", '__,____._')# #NumberFormat("#avg#", '__,____._')# Site Map | Contact Us | Login / Signup ©Copyright Footballguys.com 2003, All rights reserved.

My June ADP

Patiently waiting for FBG to provide a web version. Your all welcome to use my excel version until they do. This updated for June Drafts (except MFL, who does not break that out yet.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Any one know if FBG will put this on there site, or will you have to join to get this?

Hey guys. Sorry, first time to the Shark Pool since last year. Here's what I know, last year I created the ADP average in an excel format and a static html format that I hosted on my site. I posted links to it here in the Shark Pool for all to see.Footballguys contacted me and asked permission to use this data on their site, which I granted for a small fee. They took the information and improved upon it by making the web version fully sortable by various catagories. This was by far the most useful way to use this tool.I don't know if they plan to do the same this year or not, haven't heard from them. I'm not sure I'll be updating my pages this year or not as I've been pretty busy. But if I do, I will post here.In the mean time, it looks like boss hogg has created a great excel file to use.

Tbone didn't you have a George Costanza avatar last year?Great stuff I used it last year.
That would be correct. But too many comments about "shrinkage" caused me to switch to the "Godfather of Soul" baby!

Hey guys. Sorry, first time to the Shark Pool since last year. Here's what I know, last year I created the ADP average in an excel format and a static html format that I hosted on my site. I posted links to it here in the Shark Pool for all to see.Footballguys contacted me and asked permission to use this data on their site, which I granted for a small fee. They took the information and improved upon it by making the web version fully sortable by various catagories. This was by far the most useful way to use this tool.I don't know if they plan to do the same this year or not, haven't heard from them. I'm not sure I'll be updating my pages this year or not as I've been pretty busy. But if I do, I will post here.In the mean time, it looks like boss hogg has created a great excel file to use.
Here's one just updated for those that prefer a web page rather than downloading an excel file.Average Draft Position 2004

Hey guys.  Sorry, first time to the Shark Pool since last year.  Here's what I know, last year I created the ADP average in an excel format and a static html format that I hosted on my site.  I posted links to it here in the Shark Pool for all to see.Footballguys contacted me and asked permission to use this data on their site, which I granted for a small fee.  They took the information and improved upon it by making the web version fully sortable by various catagories.  This was by far the most useful way to use this tool.I don't know if they plan to do the same this year or not, haven't heard from them.  I'm not sure I'll be updating my pages this year or not as I've been pretty busy.  But if I do, I will post here.In the mean time, it looks like boss hogg has created a great excel file to use.
Here's one just updated for those that prefer a web page rather than downloading an excel file.Average Draft Position 2004
Thanks for the web version tbone. I'm starting to think about excluding the MFL Draft data simply because it includes IDPs. Not that there is anything wrong with IDPs, but for those that don't use them in their leagues, it skews the ADP data downward the further down the list you go.

boss hogg,

have you figured out an easy way to convert the way antsports reports draft positions to a raw number? in other words, they might show somebody's average as 4.5.86 (4th round 5.86th pick). Of course you also must know the size of the league. So in a 12 team league this would equal average pick 41.86.

Not a major deal to write a forumula in excel that will convert this, but so far the only way I've figured out how to do it is to do that silly text to column thing first and then write a formula.

Anyway enough beyatching. Was just wondering what you do to convert your antsports numbers?

Edited to say I took a closer look at the formula you created and see that your way is easier than what I was doing. I noticed that you appear to truncate rather than round though. In otherwords an average of 9.8 would show up as pick 9 rather than 10 if I'm understanding your formula correctly. I wonder if it'd be easy to tweak it a little to round rather than truncate.....hmm..

Edited again to say I figured it out. PM me if you'd like to take a look at the formula. I'll email you the excel file.

Last edited by a moderator:
A note on the Xperts ADP to you guys that are compiling it. I carry it out the the hundredth place now to aid in getting accurate averages between the sites that you use.

boss hogg,

have you figured out an easy way to convert the way antsports reports draft positions to a raw number? in other words, they might show somebody's average as 4.5.86 (4th round 5.86th pick). Of course you also must know the size of the league. So in a 12 team league this would equal average pick 41.86.

Not a major deal to write a forumula in excel that will convert this, but so far the only way I've figured out how to do it is to do that silly text to column thing first and then write a formula.

Anyway enough beyatching. Was just wondering what you do to convert your antsports numbers?

Edited to say I took a closer look at the formula you created and see that your way is easier than what I was doing. I noticed that you appear to truncate rather than round though. In otherwords an average of 9.8 would show up as pick 9 rather than 10 if I'm understanding your formula correctly. I wonder if it'd be easy to tweak it a little to round rather than truncate.....hmm..
TBone, Try

Code:
MROUND(((LEFT(H5,FIND(".",H5)-1)-1)*12+MID(H5,FIND(".",H5)+1,2)+RIGHT(H5,2)/100),1)
Where H5 is the ADP in the format of "12.03.65". This will round the number up or down to the nearest whole number. I had left this out of the original calculation. I guess I thought that I'd rather have a player projected a single pick sooner rather than later. (yea, and I was lazy too)

A note on the Xperts ADP to you guys that are compiling it. I carry it out the the hundredth place now to aid in getting accurate averages between the sites that you use.
I see that, and now that I think about it, to average apples to apples we should not truncate nor round the antsports figure if we report the MFL (and now xperts) figure to include decimal places. In that case TBone, dropping the MROUND portion of the formula will include the decimals but not round.On another subject, I had some thoughts on not including the MFL data due to the fact that IPDs were included. Does anyone know if we can get that same data but only for drafts including offensive players. I played around with the options a bit, but could not find a way to do that.

I see that, and now that I think about it, to average apples to apples we should not truncate nor round the antsports figure if we report the MFL (and now xperts) figure to include decimal places. In that case TBone, dropping the MROUND portion of the formula will include the decimals but not round.On another subject, I had some thoughts on not including the MFL data due to the fact that IPDs were included. Does anyone know if we can get that same data but only for drafts including offensive players. I played around with the options a bit, but could not find a way to do that.
Agreed on not reporting results as integers. Your idea without the MROUND is exactly what I had done. As far as only pulling from non IDP drafts at MFL, I'm not aware of any way to do it. I wonder what percentage of the leagues that use MFL actually use IDP's anyway. I'd have to think it is pretty low.

I don't think MFL lets you specify the scoring system so the average will include drafts with all sorts of varying systems. All I see that I can specify is if it is keeper/non-keeper. MFL's sample size is tiny too if you key in on recent weeks.

T-Bone,

This was one of my favorite sources on the site last year. It helped out a ton at my drafts and I found the info to be pretty dead on. Are you keeping it up this year?

I vote that FBG add this list to the subscriber area as a regular feature. :thumbup:

T-Bone,

This was one of my favorite sources on the site last year. It helped out a ton at my drafts and I found the info to be pretty dead on. Are you keeping it up this year?

I vote that FBG add this list to the subscriber area as a regular feature. :thumbup:
:goodposting: -fe

Users who are viewing this thread