What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The redskins management is comical (1 Viewer)

lod2005

Footballguy
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Jets' attempts to trade for Washington QB Patrick Ramsey have been rebuffed by the Redskins. They despise Ramsey and when they have the opportunity to get something for him from the jets, they decline. So he sits and rots. Man they are morons. He's not that good to begin with so dump him.Idiots. They would much rather have nothing in return as that is too sweet of a deal to pass up.

Because they don't want to leave themselves one play away from the miserable situation the Jets are now in, they're idiots? Not to mention Brunell is old and still coming off a major injury.How about the Redskins make the deal as long as the Jets promise that if Brunell gets hurt, they'll return Ramsey to Washington in return for what they originally gave up for him?

I see your point, the Man, but this was probably the only chance for the 'Skins to get anything for Ramsey.

I see your point, the Man, but this was probably the only chance for the 'Skins to get anything for Ramsey.
Seems to me the Redskins must still have a future plan for Ramsey.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Jets' attempts to trade for Washington QB Patrick Ramsey have been rebuffed by the Redskins.

They despise Ramsey and when they have the opportunity to get something for him from the jets, they decline. So he sits and rots. Man they are morons. He's not that good to begin with so dump him.

Idiots. They would much rather have nothing in return as that is too sweet of a deal to pass up.
Do we even know what the Jets offered? If they called up offering a day 2 pick, my backup QB, even if I have no future plans for him, isnt going anywhere.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Jets' attempts to trade for Washington QB Patrick Ramsey have been rebuffed by the Redskins.

They despise Ramsey and when they have the opportunity to get something for him from the jets, they decline. So he sits and rots. Man they are morons. He's not that good to begin with so dump him.

Idiots. They would much rather have nothing in return as that is too sweet of a deal to pass up.
Do we even know what the Jets offered? If they called up offering a day 2 pick, my backup QB, even if I have no future plans for him, isnt going anywhere.
But we all know the first offer is low. I'd be willing to bet they could've negotiated up to a 2nd rounder.

Ok, so let's sound this out and ignore the fact that we have no idea what the Jets offered for Ramsey. They trade Ramsey for God-knows-what (probably a draft pick), and then Brunell (who everyone says will likely go down to injury at some point) goes down and is replaced in the lineup by the talented-but-raw Jason Campbell. The Redskins then proceed to lose a bunch of games due to rookie play at QB despite being solid to excellent on defense, and on o-line, and at RB, and good at WR. What would clowns like you be saying then? :rolleyes: Comments like these are based more upon a three-to-five-year old stereotype than upon reality.

Ramsey is signed through 2006. As a 'Skins fan, I LOVE the talk about how the team was unfair to him, didn't give him a chance, etc. You know why? Because that will only reinforce the perception by teams that they haven't seen his true potential as a former first rounder and that he's worth as shot as a prospect for their franchise QB. The 'Skins will get a 2nd rounder for him this offseason just like the Eagles got a 2nd for AJ Feeley. :shock:

Highly doubt it.
I bet Ramsey gets cut/released at the end of the season. I would like to see a little more faith in Jason Cambpell or did he look that bad in the preseason?

Highly doubt it.
I bet Ramsey gets cut/released at the end of the season. I would like to see a little more faith in Jason Cambpell or did he look that bad in the preseason?
He looked fine from what I saw, and so did Brunell. I think they'd be ok shipping Ramsey off mid-season and picking up a washed up vet like Carter or someone for the 3rd spot. It just doesn't seem likely anyone will give value for Ramsey unless they're desperate like NYJ. Let's not forget how many draft picks (two first rounders plus the fluff for Campbell) the 'Skins have spent on QBs the last few years. You have to recoup some of that value if possible.

Ok, so let's sound this out and ignore the fact that we have no idea what the Jets offered for Ramsey. They trade Ramsey for God-knows-what (probably a draft pick), and then Brunell (who everyone says will likely go down to injury at some point) goes down and is replaced in the lineup by the talented-but-raw Jason Campbell. The Redskins then proceed to lose a bunch of games due to rookie play at QB despite being solid to excellent on defense, and on o-line, and at RB, and good at WR. What would clowns like you be saying then? :rolleyes: Comments like these are based more upon a three-to-five-year old stereotype than upon reality.

Ramsey is signed through 2006. As a 'Skins fan, I LOVE the talk about how the team was unfair to him, didn't give him a chance, etc. You know why? Because that will only reinforce the perception by teams that they haven't seen his true potential as a former first rounder and that he's worth as shot as a prospect for their franchise QB. The 'Skins will get a 2nd rounder for him this offseason just like the Eagles got a 2nd for AJ Feeley. :shock:
What I would be saying is that the 'smoke and mirrors' redskins should have taken anything they could get. They are not a playoff caliber team. They got a gift from Dallas, played the hapless bears week 1. They have a total of 23 points under their belts (that should be 9 had not Parcells fell asleep by not vetoing Payton's playcalling stupidity). They are going no where and if you think they are you are clueless. Their offense is pitifully inept regardless of who the QB is. Any team putting up 20 points on them wins via default. I see a max of 4 more wins this year.

The Redskins then proceed to lose a bunch of games due to rookie play at QB despite being solid to excellent on defense, and on o-line, and at RB, and good at WR. What would clowns like you be saying then? :rolleyes: Comments like these are based more upon a three-to-five-year old stereotype than upon reality.
I got news for you. The redskins ARE going to lose a bunch of games due to no offense whatsoever.An excellent defense is not helping Baltimore any and these guys are just as pathetic on offense. Take out the 2 fluke plays against the sleeping cowboys and they are WORSE. You clown. :rolleyes:

The Redskins then proceed to lose a bunch of games due to rookie play at QB despite being solid to excellent on defense, and on o-line, and at RB, and good at WR. What would clowns like you be saying then? :rolleyes: Comments like these are based more upon a three-to-five-year old stereotype than upon reality.
I got news for you. The redskins ARE going to lose a bunch of games due to no offense whatsoever.An excellent defense is not helping Baltimore any and these guys are just as pathetic on offense. Take out the 2 fluke plays against the sleeping cowboys and they are WORSE. You clown. :rolleyes:
Yep. Redman, normally I find your Redskins analysis to be on point, but you're sporting some serious homer goggles with those comments. The offense is still a mess, no matter how you slice it.

The Redskins then proceed to lose a bunch of games due to rookie play at QB despite being solid to excellent on defense, and on o-line, and at RB, and good at WR.  What would clowns like you be saying then?  :rolleyes:   Comments like these are based more upon a three-to-five-year old stereotype than upon reality. 
Yep. Redman, normally I find your Redskins analysis to be on point, but you're sporting some serious homer goggles with those comments. The offense is still a mess, no matter how you slice it.
Thank you! I am totally amazed at those that cannot see ineptness.

What I would be saying is that the 'smoke and mirrors' redskins should have taken anything they could get. They are not a playoff caliber team. They got a gift from Dallas, played the hapless bears week 1. They have a total of 23 points under their belts (that should be 9 had not Parcells fell asleep by not vetoing Payton's playcalling stupidity). They are going no where and if you think they are you are clueless. Their offense is pitifully inept regardless of who the QB is. Any team putting up 20 points on them wins via default. I see a max of 4 more wins this year.
That may well be, but the facts remain that they are 2-0 so far this year, have beaten a division rival away, and the Bears aren't as hapless as they used to be.Given the good fortune so far, I can't condemn them for wanting to hang on to their backup QB, even if they have no serious future plans for him - ESPECIALLY since we have no idea what the Jets offered.

I am no Skins apologist, and I agree that they do not look like a playoff caliber team, but it's kind of hard to give up on your season at 2-0. Trading away the only guy on your roster other than the old, injury-prone starter that has any game experience would look a lot like giving up unless the offer was pretty substantial.

That may well be, but the facts remain that they are 2-0 so far this year, have beaten a division rival away, and the Bears aren't as hapless as they used to be.Given the good fortune so far, I can't condemn them for wanting to hang on to their backup QB, even if they have no serious future plans for him - ESPECIALLY since we have no idea what the Jets offered.

I am no Skins apologist, and I agree that they do not look like a playoff caliber team, but it's kind of hard to give up on your season at 2-0. Trading away the only guy on your roster other than the old, injury-prone starter that has any game experience would look a lot like giving up unless the offer was pretty substantial.
Would trading Ramsey look any different than benching him in the first game?

True, but the redskins management, being clueless, has no idea how gawd awful their team really is. They will end up getting nothing for Ramsey when they had a chance at something. I liken them to a bunch of boiler room managers trying to pump up their monkey phone dialers (the fans and players) on some sales after 2 stellar :rolleyes: wins. And the bears? They are horrific and going no where for at least the next 2 years minimum. Grossman is frail and Orton will need time. That in the worst division now in football. Division champ could be 8-8. Looks like Minnesota via default.

Would trading Ramsey look any different than benching him in the first game?
It wouldn't to a well run organization but since snyder rolled into town they have gone in the :toilet: The funniest thing would be WHEN brunell gets hurt, that they bring in Ramsey and he is then yanked for Campbell. That would be entertaining.

He's a safety blanket for joe gibbs. He knows his time in the league is limited and he wants to win as much as possible NOW. He isn't keen on starting any rookies, let alone a rookie QB, so I think Ramsey will be around and then they'll deal him this offseason.

He's a safety blanket for joe gibbs. He knows his time in the league is limited and he wants to win as much as possible NOW. He isn't keen on starting any rookies, let alone a rookie QB, so I think Ramsey will be around and then they'll deal him this offseason.
It could also be another example of Gibbs not understanding today's NFL. The king of stashing players doesn't seem to understand the value of draft picks.

It could also be another example of Gibbs not understanding today's NFL. The king of stashing players doesn't seem to understand the value of draft picks.
Well, hey, the Jets traded their first round pick last year for a TE who didn't even win the starting job. I'd say it's more of a personal preference thing, and the difference between a veteran QB and a rookie is a pretty big difference.

In fantasy football you may dump your starting QB completely after 2 games. Not in the NFL. The only way that happens is if the #3 QB is ready to play.Campbell is nowhere near ready to play, so if Brunell gets hurt they have to have Ramsey available. It's really that simple. They haven't given up on the season, at least not yet, because they're 2-0.

The Redskins then proceed to lose a bunch of games due to rookie play at QB despite being solid to excellent on defense, and on o-line, and at RB, and good at WR.  What would clowns like you be saying then?  :rolleyes:   Comments like these are based more upon a three-to-five-year old stereotype than upon reality. 
Thanks for the kind words . . . sort of. :) I'm actually not too much of a homer on this issue, unless you regard taking a wait-and-see approach on a supposedly sucky 2-0 team the same as being a homer. Here's what I wrote in another thread on Portis about Brunell's performance (prior quotes included for context:
Gibbs now realizes that Moss and co. can stretch the field, which should open up the running game for Portis.....1700 all purpose and 10td's
I don't know if you can call two last minute TD's stretching the field let alone bank on it. They were behind in scramble mode otherwise he was held in check all game. Lets see them do it more than 1 game in a row before jumping to any conclusions. I would think its much more probable that the Skins offense with Brunnel looks more like last year as opposed to the 4th qtr offense shown vs. the Boys.....
You're both right. Here's my take. There was a little more to the Dallas game than "2 deep TD throws." You had a QB who was supposedly washed up with no arm, make two throws that traveled 50 yards in the air accurately - the second better than the first - late in a road game in which he'd been beaten around badly. Who thought going into that game that he couldn't do that? :hey:

He hadn't practiced throughout the second half of last season, the offseason, the preseason and the first of this season with the first team, so predictably his early throws were a bit off. I'm encouraged because even if they only have the threat of the deep ball, that will open things up for Portis.

The truth is we don't know how this will turn out, but if you're trying to make the "same old Brunell" argument, I'm not buying it given what we saw last Monday night and given what we know about the lingering and severe nature of Brunell's hamstring injury on his plant/push leg last year. . .
Believe me, I'm not annointing the 'Skins offense as the '99 Rams. But the cavalier labels about them sucking are inaccurate and just a bit too conveniently thrown around by people who like the bash the 'Skins, their coaches or their management for my liking.

I'm a Redskins fan too redman, and I agree with you. They will still be able to get something for Ramsey after the season. Maybe not as high a draft pick. But trading your backup QB when you are still undefeated isn't the way to do things. Assuming you will eventually fall out of contention is a recipe for disaster among the media and in the locker room.Also redman, I think the Redskins have a good shot at beating the Seahawks this week. The Seahawks are a schizophrenic team that looks great some weeks and then terrible other weeks. They've looked good 2 straight weeks, so its time for them to look bad again. Plus, Seattle is as bad a road team as there is in the NFL. The Redskins will have had an extra week to prepare for the game, and 90,000 fans will be going nuts in FedEx field for a team with a winning record, FINALLY. It will be an interesting game, but I'm close to saying I actually expect a victory.3-0 Redskins???? Crazy.

In fantasy football you may dump your starting QB completely after 2 games. Not in the NFL. The only way that happens is if the #3 QB is ready to play.

Campbell is nowhere near ready to play, so if Brunell gets hurt they have to have Ramsey available. It's really that simple. They haven't given up on the season, at least not yet, because they're 2-0.
It's funny because the irony here is that the 'Skins have been accused in the past of being too quick to make trades, and now we have the peanut gallery of accusing them of being too conservative. :loco:

I'm a Redskins fan too redman, and I agree with you. They will still be able to get something for Ramsey after the season. Maybe not as high a draft pick. But trading your backup QB when you are still undefeated isn't the way to do things. Assuming you will eventually fall out of contention is a recipe for disaster among the media and in the locker room.

Also redman, I think the Redskins have a good shot at beating the Seahawks this week. The Seahawks are a schizophrenic team that looks great some weeks and then terrible other weeks. They've looked good 2 straight weeks, so its time for them to look bad again. Plus, Seattle is as bad a road team as there is in the NFL. The Redskins will have had an extra week to prepare for the game, and 90,000 fans will be going nuts in FedEx field for a team with a winning record, FINALLY. It will be an interesting game, but I'm close to saying I actually expect a victory.

3-0 Redskins???? Crazy.
Actually, the whole AFC West - which is who the NFC East is matched up against this year - looks schizo. The Chargers looked bad for two weeks and then crushed an improved Giants team. The KC Chiefs looked like a top 6 or so team for the first two weeks and then got carved up by Denver last night. Denver fell down against the lowly Dolphins but are now 2-1. And Oakland, which was picked by many to win the division is 0-3. I was all ready to count the trips to Mile High and Arrowhead as automatic losses, but now I'm now wondering about that.

I'm a Redskins fan too redman, and I agree with you.  They will still be able to get something for Ramsey after the season.  Maybe not as high a draft pick.  But trading your backup QB when you are still undefeated isn't the way to do things.  Assuming you will eventually fall out of contention is a recipe for disaster among the media and in the locker room.

Also redman, I think the Redskins have a good shot at beating the Seahawks this week.  The Seahawks are a schizophrenic team that looks great some weeks and then terrible other weeks.  They've looked good 2 straight weeks, so its time for them to look bad again.  Plus, Seattle is as bad a road team as there is in the NFL.  The Redskins will have had an extra week to prepare for the game, and 90,000 fans will be going nuts in FedEx field for a team with a winning record, FINALLY.  It will be an interesting game, but I'm close to saying I actually expect a victory.

3-0 Redskins????  Crazy.
Actually, the whole AFC West - which is who the NFC East is matched up against this year - looks schizo. The Chargers looked bad for two weeks and then crushed an improved Giants team. The KC Chiefs looked like a top 6 or so team for the first two weeks and then got carved up by Denver last night. Denver fell down against the lowly Dolphins but are now 2-1. And Oakland, which was picked by many to win the division is 0-3. I was all ready to count the trips to Mile High and Arrowhead as automatic losses, but now I'm now wondering about that.
Well, I think those are both probably losses. Mile High and Arrowhead are both so loud, its hard for any team to win there. I would have been surprised if the Chiefs had beaten Denver in Denver yesterday actually. It is THAT hard to win there.Anyway, here is how I see it going for the remainder of the season. You tell me what you think.

ep 11 Chicago Won 9-7

Sep 19 @Dallas Won 14-13

Week 3 BYE

Oct 2 Seattle 1:00pm Win

Oct 9 @Denver 4:15pm Loss

Oct 16 @Kansas City 1:00pm Loss

Oct 23 San Francisco 1:00pm Win

Oct 30 @N.Y. Giants 1:00pm loss

Nov 6 Philadelphia 8:30pm loss

Nov 13 @Tampa Bay 1:00pm loss

Nov 20 Oakland 1:00pm Win

Nov 27 San Diego 1:00pm win

Dec 4 @St. Louis 4:05pm loss

Dec 11 @Arizona 4:05pm Win

Dec 18 Dallas 1:00pm Win

Dec 24 N.Y. Giants 1:00pm Win

Jan 1 @Philadelphia 4:15pm win

10 wins. The divisional games at home are very important against Dallas and New York. We have to win those. Philly in week 17 could be a good time to play that game because they could easily be resting their starters. San Diego and Oakland at home are iffy games, but I think the Redskins could pull those out. And at Arizona, with the way that team looks, should be a win.

So, I see them putting a run together at the end of the season with their record around .500 at that time. They'll be on the bubble most of the season, but I actually think they could pull it off!!!!

edit: just noticed I have them winning 6 of their final 7 games after starting 4-5. Could be unlikely. I didn't see them beating Dallas in dallas though, so if they could pull out a road win in New York, KC, Denver, or beat Philly at home, that would help things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway, here is how I see it going for the remainder of the season. You tell me what you think.

ep 11 Chicago Won 9-7

Sep 19 @Dallas Won 14-13

Week 3 BYE

Oct 2 Seattle 1:00pm Win

Oct 9 @Denver 4:15pm Loss

Oct 16 @Kansas City 1:00pm Loss

Oct 23 San Francisco 1:00pm Win

Oct 30 @N.Y. Giants 1:00pm loss

Nov 6 Philadelphia 8:30pm loss

Nov 13 @Tampa Bay 1:00pm loss

Nov 20 Oakland 1:00pm Win

Nov 27 San Diego 1:00pm win

Dec 4 @St. Louis 4:05pm loss

Dec 11 @Arizona 4:05pm Win

Dec 18 Dallas 1:00pm Win

Dec 24 N.Y. Giants 1:00pm Win

Jan 1 @Philadelphia 4:15pm win
7, *at best* 8 is a more realistic number. CHI, @DAL, SF, @ARI, NYG, either SEA or @STL, and maybe also @NYG...but the others I don't see them realistically beating (barring injury). The anemic offense still has a ways to go to be competitive with some of these average/above-average teams.

Anyway, here is how I see it going for the remainder of the season.  You tell me what you think.

ep 11 Chicago Won 9-7 

Sep 19 @Dallas Won 14-13 

Week 3 BYE   

Oct 2 Seattle 1:00pm  Win

Oct 9 @Denver 4:15pm  Loss

Oct 16 @Kansas City 1:00pm  Loss

Oct 23 San Francisco 1:00pm  Win

Oct 30 @N.Y. Giants 1:00pm  loss

Nov 6 Philadelphia 8:30pm  loss

Nov 13 @Tampa Bay 1:00pm  loss

Nov 20 Oakland 1:00pm  Win

Nov 27 San Diego 1:00pm  win

Dec 4 @St. Louis 4:05pm  loss

Dec 11 @Arizona 4:05pm  Win

Dec 18 Dallas 1:00pm  Win

Dec 24 N.Y. Giants 1:00pm  Win

Jan 1 @Philadelphia 4:15pm  win
7, *at best* 8 is a more realistic number. CHI, @DAL, SF, @ARI, NYG, either SEA or @STL, and maybe also @NYG...but the others I don't see them realistically beating (barring injury). The anemic offense still has a ways to go to be competitive with some of these average/above-average teams.
What about the facing the Raiders in DC???? I'd be surprised if the Raiders won that one. San Diego likewise, although that will be tougher. Just as the Redskins can't be expected to win out west, I don't think San Diego or Oakland can expect to win over here after such a long trip.Lets look at it this way. They have 2 wins already. @ ARZ and vs SF seem like wins too, so lets give them those. Thats 4. @ NYG, vs NYG, I'm thinking its a fair assumption to see them winning 1 game out of those two. Thats 5 wins, 1 loss. vs DAL, @ PHI, vs PHI, I see probably 1 win coming out of those, maybe 2 as philly may rest their starters in week 17. But lets go with 1 win out of those 3, giving them 6 wins, 3 losses. @ KC and @ Den are losses. So, that gives them 6 wins, 5 losses. 5 games left: vs Seattle, vs. San Diego, vs. Oakland, @ St. Louis, @ Tampa Bay. They need to win 3 of those to make the playoffs probably, get to 9 wins.

I think its possible. Be interesting to see what happens. :thumbup:

What ever happened to Brad Banks? He was signed by the Skins as a free agent 2 years ago. I was surprised he wasn't drafted. I vaguely remember him being cut, but can't find any info on him. As a Big Ten homer, I was impressed with his playing as QB at Iowa.

What ever happened to Brad Banks? He was signed by the Skins as a free agent 2 years ago. I was surprised he wasn't drafted. I vaguely remember him being cut, but can't find any info on him. As a Big Ten homer, I was impressed with his playing as QB at Iowa.
You should know Apu,. He works at the Qwik-E-Mart

What ever happened to Brad Banks?  He was signed by the Skins as a free agent 2 years ago.  I was surprised he wasn't drafted.  I vaguely remember him being cut, but can't find any info on him.  As a Big Ten homer, I was impressed with his playing as QB at Iowa.
You should know Apu,. He works at the Qwik-E-Mart
No Qwik-E-Mart in Big Ten land. It's located in

The 2-0 Redskins are not even a contender for the playoffs? FYI, those Bears beat up the Lions pretty good the next week. And what gift did the Cowboys give them? S. Moss beat them deep fair and square...Parcells coached teams don't just give games away; The Skins won it. And fyi, those Cowboys are 2-0 in other games.

Since you say 4 is the "max", then I have a sig bet for you:If the Skins win 4, we push. If they win 5 or more, I win. If they win 3 or less, you win.

Loser has to wear a sig of the other person's choice all offeseason long. You willing to back up your words?

The Raiders have been very competitive in their 3 losses and have not been held under 17 points. The Skins D may be tough, but I wouldn't consider them tougher than NE and their offense doesn't look capable of 17+ points so far. Woodson covers S.Moss and they contain Portis like they did to Dillon...who's going to step up?

The Raiders have been very competitive in their 3 losses and have not been held under 17 points. The Skins D may be tough, but I wouldn't consider them tougher than NE and their offense doesn't look capable of 17+ points so far. Woodson covers S.Moss and they contain Portis like they did to Dillon...who's going to step up?
Oakland has Randy Moss, but that team has no identity and I think they may just rebel against Norv Turner this year like they did to Bill Callahan two years ago. The Redskins are a TEAM now after last week's victory, Oakland is still dysfunctional. I expect the Redskins to win that game.

Oakland has Randy Moss, but that team has no identity and I think they may just rebel against Norv Turner this year like they did to Bill Callahan two years ago. The Redskins are a TEAM now after last week's victory, Oakland is still dysfunctional. I expect the Redskins to win that game.
A lot can happen in 8 weeks- with each close loss, the Raiders seem hungrier. I understand what you're saying about the Skins last win unifying them, but the bye cut into their momentum. It's going to come down to how much they have left in the tank.

The redskins management is comical
I expected this thread to be about the Redskins firing one punter and signing another one. :D That would have been at least hallf a leg to stand on to bash them. But to bash them because they want to keep a qualified #2 QB? Uhhhhhh, most teams in the NFL want to keep their #2 QB's during the season.

edit: just noticed I have them winning 6 of their final 7 games after starting 4-5.  Could be unlikely.  I didn't see them beating Dallas in dallas though, so if they could pull out a road win in New York, KC, Denver, or beat Philly at home, that would help things.
I noticed that too, but I had the opposite reaction. It looks realistic to me. Gibbs' teams have tended to get stronger as the season goes on. This year's team is most similar IMHO to the 'Skins 1985 and 1989 teams, both of which finished 10-6 BTW. The similarity is due to the fact that there's new personnel in place as part of a rebuilding effort. In 1985 the team won 5 of their last 6 and 7 if their last 9 games; in 1989 the team ended the year on a 5 game winning streak, and won 6 of their last 7.

Since you say 4 is the "max", then I have a sig bet for you:If the Skins win 4, we push. If they win 5 or more, I win. If they win 3 or less, you win.

Loser has to wear a sig of the other person's choice all offeseason long. You willing to back up your words?
Nice but I can't take that bet because I will be banned again before then :lmao:

Nice but I can't take that bet because I will be banned again before then :lmao:
Now where is that darn duck smilie . . .

What exactly was the Jets giving for Ramsey?
:goodposting: Amazing how many posts are in this thread considering we have no idea if the Jets were offering anything. In fact, if Mort is reporting it, that's telling me that someone in the Jets camp is deliberately leaking the info to embarrass the Skins and take the heat off their own organization. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets offered nothing more than a conditional 7th round pick.

OK so what have we learned...let's review:1. Ramsey really sucks.2. The Jets are so desperate/stupid they're willing to trade for him anyway and pray for a minor miracle. ("hey maybe he just needs a change of scenery" or a similarly brilliant hope)3. We don't know what the Jets offered, but it likely wasn't exactly a real high pick/great player.4. The Skins don't like him but figure they'll be even worse off without him, so why throw him out for a trinket type offering?5. We are wasting WAAAY too much time talking about this.I would add "Skins mgt is stupid" but isn't that like saying water is wet?LMAO @ Danny "Kid Blunder" Snyder!

This . . .

OK so what have we learned...let's review:

1. Ramsey really sucks.

2. The Jets are so desperate/stupid they're willing to trade for him anyway and pray for a minor miracle. ("hey maybe he just needs a change of scenery" or a similarly brilliant hope)

3. We don't know what the Jets offered, but it likely wasn't exactly a real high pick/great player.

4. The Skins don't like him but figure they'll be even worse off without him, so why throw him out for a trinket type offering?
. . . does not match this
I would add "Skins mgt is stupid" but isn't that like saying water is wet?

LMAO @ Danny "Kid Blunder" Snyder!
Schizo much?

:loco: If someone has an English translation from planet redman I'd appreciate it.Maybe if I go slower.....I started out saying "what have we learned" (granted Ramsey sucking is old news, but you'll note I was also trying to recap in general).I was going to add that we have learned Skins mgt is stupid, but that is also old news....ie we haven't learned it because we already knew it. So if you would have said Ramsey sucking was also stating the obvious, your post would've made sense, but as it stands, the "schizo" thing makes no sense.Comprendez?

What exactly was the Jets giving for Ramsey?
:goodposting: Amazing how many posts are in this thread considering we have no idea if the Jets were offering anything. In fact, if Mort is reporting it, that's telling me that someone in the Jets camp is deliberately leaking the info to embarrass the Skins and take the heat off their own organization. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets offered nothing more than a conditional 7th round pick.
Since nobody will answer the question about what the Jets allegedly offered for Ramsey, let me add my two cents. Well, not really my two cents, but John Clayton's two cents. On ESPN Radio Monday morning, Mike & Mike asked Clayton about Volek and/or Ramsey to the Jets. They asked Clayton what it would take to get Volek - and he said probably a 4th rounder. They asked Clayton what the Jets would offer the Skins for Ramsey, and Clayton thought a 4th or 5th round pick. Clayton said that Volek would be the first choice, because he's played in Hermdinger's offensive system in TN. Ramsey would be second choice because he has a big time arm, and that is important in the Jets new offense. Now, if the Jets were to offer a 4th or 5th round pick for Ramsey, the Skins have every right to laugh in their face, or just hang up the phone without responding. Ramsey is worth far more than a 4th or 5th round pick. Consider that AJ Feeley was worth a 2nd round pick to Miami and he sucks much worse than Ramsey.

I think if the Jets offered a 2nd, the Skins would probably take it. But for a 2nd day pick - no way do the Skins part with an experienced QB that can run the offense (albeit with more mistakes than Gibbs likes).

One note - I can't really believe that TN would take a 4th for Volek. But I bet they would also take a 2nd.

You can't use the Feeley trade as a comparison. That was a dumb deal by an even dumber management team than Snyder's.

Users who are viewing this thread