What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** FBG All things BATTLEFIELD Thread (2 Viewers)

Jumped ina quick game with CNUTZ. It was going OK, but then a patient expected me to do an eye exam and the lag was killing me. I had a great Ping, but the game kept lagging. I will jump back in a while longer tonight.

Well, my wife took the kids to her grandma's house for most of the evening.I forsee a night of :football: and BF2.

Played a bit with **** Vermeil, had some fun.I get sooo frigging pissed at these guys that punish a TK when it was an accident and they run in front of you. I was drilling a dude with my shottie, and a noob ran in front of me and died. He punished me in about 0.035 seconds. I let fly a few obscenities in his direction, and left. I got nailed by several accident TK's, but people think they need to punish every frigging time. :hot: :rant:

I will be on and off today/tonight if anyone wants to join in. Check BF2 tracker. Or go to fraghaus.com and hop in Teamspeak.

I will be on and off today/tonight if anyone wants to join in. Check BF2 tracker. Or go to fraghaus.com and hop in Teamspeak.
I will be in later this afternoon, but not in the evening, more than likely. Though, things can change. . . :excited:

There is a nice little function that you can download at bf2tracker that launches BF2 to the server you click on. Go to their dl section.

There is a nice little function that you can download at bf2tracker that launches BF2 to the server you click on. Go to their dl section.
I was afraid to download this for fear punkbuster my pick it up as a hack and get my ID banned. I'll be on later tonight.

At midnight CT, there were 5 of us playing, 3 on one server. SilentOne, Cnutz, and myself were on a 64 player city map monster. The Real Pork Johnson and Sos were on different servers.I've got to get another headset so I can speak in game. I sent a couple of messages to Cnutz and SilentOne but I don't think they saw them.MadCow, I downloaded the BF2 tracker file that allows you to jump into the game, but it didn't work for me (only tried once though). It started my game, but did not put me in the server. It did adjust my resolution to 1280x760 though. The game never looked so beautiful, but of course my fps was down, kinda screwed up my playing.

i responded, u must not have seen me. I was just fooling around with some of my friends at the time(-26 points on some maps, hah)

Yeah, I figured some of you guys were in there but it's too fast and furious to watch the text. Comms is where it's at for sure.

Can anyone recommend a good microphone for the game? I have tried 2, but they don't get close enough to the mouth - BF2 seems to have problems with its VOIP functions.Any solutions?

At midnight CT, there were 5 of us playing, 3 on one server. SilentOne, Cnutz, and myself were on a 64 player city map monster. The Real Pork Johnson and Sos were on different servers.

I've got to get another headset so I can speak in game. I sent a couple of messages to Cnutz and SilentOne but I don't think they saw them.

MadCow, I downloaded the BF2 tracker file that allows you to jump into the game, but it didn't work for me (only tried once though). It started my game, but did not put me in the server. It did adjust my resolution to 1280x760 though. The game never looked so beautiful, but of course my fps was down, kinda screwed up my playing.
If you have your internet browser open when you start up BF2 you can Alt+Tab between the internet browser and the game to see if anybody is on. I usually go to the BF2 tracker buddies page then start up BF2 and then Alt+Tab back and forth and just go straight to the IP that a buddy is in.

Can anyone recommend a good microphone for the game? I have tried 2, but they don't get close enough to the mouth - BF2 seems to have problems with its VOIP functions.

Any solutions?
I picked up a headset microphone combo off of ebay not to long ago that works real well for me. I can't remember the model right now but I will check when I get home and post a link.If your voice is not loud enough there is a setting in BF2 to double the mic output. Check to see if that box is checked in the VOIP settings and it may help.

BTW what kind of internet connection do you have? One of the guys I work with has a DSL type connection and can not get the in game VOIP to work. I have cable connection and VOIP works fine for me.

I have a Altec Lansing AHS30. Had it awhile now. A buddy also has the AHS 202i. He likes it as well. Both were like 25-30 bucks if I recall.Yeah, BF2 VOIP isnt very good. Teamspeak is much much better IMO.Are all of you guys gonna get the expansion?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Altec Lansing AHS30. Had it awhile now. A buddy also has the AHS 202i. He likes it as well. Both were like 25-30 bucks if I recall.

Yeah, BF2 VOIP isnt very good. Teamspeak is much much better IMO.

Are all of you guys gonna get the expansion?
If im playing BF2, im usually in totalfrag TS. The IP is 66.235.184.50:10608. I spend lots of time in there. I cant remember if an SA has to Register you to move about the rooms or not but theres usually and SA there, you just have to whisper to them. I wont be on tonight most likely but tomorrow i should be on a good deal.

Gamerboy61

Mad Cow

Corporation

**** Vermeil

Seymour Corn

Dang, I am a n00b compared to you guys.  However, that does not mean I cannot hold my own. :boxing:

OneTime does not show up at all, and Davej626 has not told us his name.

However,

Davej626

At least he is consistent. :thumbup:
Thats really strange why im not showing up on there. I use BF2S for my stat info...-=|SeF|=-SilentOne

I should have internet finally tonight unless something goes wrong again. Then i can get like 4 more upgrades :thumbup:

OK, I figured it out, i just needed to register :D

-=|SeF|=-SilentOne

Notice my best score in a round. Im VERY proud of that. I havent played an online game in over 2 months though :cry:
Madcow, you should put this in your first post of this topic so when a new player comes, they can just make a name and add everyone, then bump it(put a message telling FBGs to bump it with their name)

I have a Altec Lansing AHS30. Had it awhile now. A buddy also has the AHS 202i. He likes it as well. Both were like 25-30 bucks if I recall.

Yeah, BF2 VOIP isnt very good. Teamspeak is much much better IMO.

Are all of you guys gonna get the expansion?
So would having Teamspeak running concurrent with BF2 cause any lag or problems? My office connection is DSL :bag: yes, I have logged more than a few matches here but at home it is very high speed internet. Could you just tell me what I need to do for teamspeak? What to install, etc.

I have already paid for my BF expansion. I don't trust the downloadable version. I would rather have a CD in hand to install on all the computers I want it on, rather than rely on EA to get it to me. :nerd:

Gamerboy61

Mad Cow

Corporation

**** Vermeil

Seymour Corn

Dang, I am a n00b compared to you guys. However, that does not mean I cannot hold my own. :boxing:

OneTime does not show up at all, and Davej626 has not told us his name.

However,

Davej626

At least he is consistent. :thumbup:
Thats really strange why im not showing up on there. I use BF2S for my stat info...-=|SeF|=-SilentOne

I should have internet finally tonight unless something goes wrong again. Then i can get like 4 more upgrades :thumbup:

OK, I figured it out, i just needed to register :D

-=|SeF|=-SilentOne

Notice my best score in a round. Im VERY proud of that. I havent played an online game in over 2 months though :cry:
Madcow, you should put this in your first post of this topic so when a new player comes, they can just make a name and add everyone, then bump it(put a message telling FBGs to bump it with their name)
Done, I think.

Can someone recommend the next unlock for me? I have anti-tank (which is only good for urban maps, being a shottie and all) and medic (which roXor - I am out-sniping everyone but snipers with that bad boy).

I play some support, a little assault and more spec ops. The jackhammer seems intriguing, though. The sniper rifle doesn't do it for me, and is not even the best sniper rifle, is my understanding.

I updated the first post with the teamspeak stuff, as well as the good info link, as well.

Can someone recommend the next unlock for me? I have anti-tank (which is only good for urban maps, being a shottie and all) and medic (which roXor - I am out-sniping everyone but snipers with that bad boy).

I play some support, a little assault and more spec ops. The jackhammer seems intriguing, though. The sniper rifle doesn't do it for me, and is not even the best sniper rifle, is my understanding.
If you play spec ops, unlock the spec ops gun. The unlocked rifle does not have the red dot aiming, you have iron sites when you aim but it packs a good punch on full auto. You can also change it to fire single shot and do a little sniping. Unless you play a lot of engineer don't bother unlocking the jackhammer. It is similar to the unlock for the anti-tank. I play engineer a fair amount and end up using the pistol for any medium range shots.

If you unlock the assult kit rifle you will lose the grenade launcher.

The support unlock has a slower rate of fire than the standard support weapon though the damage per hit is higher with the unlock.

IMO you would probably be the happiest with the spec ops unlock.

So would having Teamspeak running concurrent with BF2 cause any lag or problems? My office connection is DSL :bag: yes, I have logged more than a few matches here but at home it is very high speed internet.

Could you just tell me what I need to do for teamspeak? What to install, etc.

I have already paid for my BF expansion. I don't trust the downloadable version. I would rather have a CD in hand to install on all the computers I want it on, rather than rely on EA to get it to me. :nerd:
I have not noticed any lag running TS with any game. Any time I game I am on the FragHaus TS. Run the install file, ts.fraghaus.com is the Fraghaus TS server address then under player in the menu there should be something to let you register with the server. Once you register you can change channels. If you have any issues post on the FragHaus forums. There is almost always a mod or admin on there.

I love the G36 (Spec Ops gun). Its very accurate and you can actually do some good sniping with it in a pinch. My second fav is the PKM (support).

If you play spec ops, unlock the spec ops gun. The unlocked rifle does not have the red dot aiming, you have iron sites when you aim but it packs a good punch on full auto. You can also change it to fire single shot and do a little sniping. Unless you play a lot of engineer don't bother unlocking the jackhammer. It is similar to the unlock for the anti-tank. I play engineer a fair amount and end up using the pistol for any medium range shots.

If you unlock the assult kit rifle you will lose the grenade launcher.

The support unlock has a slower rate of fire than the standard support weapon though the damage per hit is higher with the unlock.

IMO you would probably be the happiest with the spec ops unlock.
Thanks - I have played with the spec ops before (picking up someone's kit when dead) and liked it a lot. I also like the assault weapon - seems to pack one heckuva punch. That will prolly be #4.

So would having Teamspeak running concurrent with BF2 cause any lag or problems? My office connection is DSL :bag: yes, I have logged more than a few matches here but at home it is very high speed internet.

Could you just tell me what I need to do for teamspeak? What to install, etc.

I have not noticed any lag running TS with any game. Any time I game I am on the FragHaus TS. Run the install file, ts.fraghaus.com is the Fraghaus TS server address then under player in the menu there should be something to let you register with the server. Once you register you can change channels. If you have any issues post on the FragHaus forums. There is almost always a mod or admin on there.
Thanks. Now if I could just get the rank. :wall: I played on a ranked server yesterday for a few matches and got about 60 to 70 points, but they NEVER registered. :wall:

Yeah that sucks when that happens. I have noticed sometimes they show up the next day too.Gonna play for a while now if anyone wants to join in.

I just ordered a 430W power supply and new headset from Newegg.I think I am going to go all in with a Best Buy deal right now. They have their BFG 7800 GT vid card for $380 on sale, PLUS you get a free video game (up to $50) and $50 rebate. I also have a 12% off coupon as a Rewards member, making the price $284 after rebate. :excited: Plus, I can pick up FEAR for free.

I just ordered a 430W power supply and new headset from Newegg.

I think I am going to go all in with a Best Buy deal right now. They have their BFG 7800 GT vid card for $380 on sale, PLUS you get a free video game (up to $50) and $50 rebate. I also have a 12% off coupon as a Rewards member, making the price $284 after rebate. :excited: Plus, I can pick up FEAR for free.
:hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:

I think I am going to go all in with a Best Buy deal right now. They have their BFG 7800 GT vid card for $380 on sale, PLUS you get a free video game (up to $50) and $50 rebate. I also have a 12% off coupon as a Rewards member, making the price $284 after rebate. :excited: Plus, I can pick up FEAR for free.
and the BFG is overclocked as well. :excited: I jsut have to wait until Friday to get it. The coupons cannot be used before then. :kicksrock:

and the BFG is overclocked as well. :excited: I jsut have to wait until Friday to get it. The coupons cannot be used before then. :kicksrock:
:cry:

So what exactly are you saying here? ;)

1. I'm jealous, I want that vid card2. Quit crying that you have to wait until Friday until you can pick it up.

Your choice, which ever way you want to take it.

1. I'm jealous, I want that vid card2. Quit crying that you have to wait until Friday until you can pick it up.

1. Then go buy it, biotch. ;) 2. I wanna get it now, and I might not have time in my patient load to get it Friday. For the love of Pete, man. It is sitting there waiting for me. Of course, I have to wait for the power supply anyway ($90 at BB for a 430 W, $30 at Newegg for the same thing), but that is besides the point. That vid card needs a home. Here it is almost the holidays, and there it sits in a box, without processing millions upon millions of pixels like it wants. It is a travishamockery, I tell you. :hot:

go spec ops. Before the patch I had the medic unlock, then the support. I was planning to get the assualt and then the spec ops. I got 4 when i came back and definately like the g36c a lot more than the g3 considering you get c4 and grenades plus i love the grenade launcher so i use the old assault rifles more often.

1. Then go buy it, biotch. ;)
I'd have to upgrade my mobo unless they have a version for a AGP slot and not only the PCI express that I don't know about. :(

FHA, i went into that TS when you were online but i didnt even see you in there. do you go by a diff name or just not use it much?

I go by CNUTZ. [FHA] is the FragHaus clan tag. I was on TS but not in the BF2 channel. You can go to www.fraghaus.com and look on the right side of the page to view who is in what channel. So you will see me as [FHA]CNUTZ.

Was playing on a server today that sucked. We were outnumbered by a good margin, and they jsut kept coming. You call them on it and they call you names, blah. Freaking crybabies.

BFG has a lifetime warranty too.  Good stuff.  I got a 6800OC myself.
:own3d:
LOL! Actually I got a really good deal on it. A dumb guy at work bought it and didn't like it so I got it for 125.00 bucks. He was flipping out that he would get stuck with it. That was 10 months ago. Great bang for the buck if you ask me. I have NO desire to spend 300-400 dollars on a vid card at all.

BFG has a lifetime warranty too. Good stuff. I got a 6800OC myself.
:own3d:
LOL! Actually I got a really good deal on it. A dumb guy at work bought it and didn't like it so I got it for 125.00 bucks. He was flipping out that he would get stuck with it. That was 10 months ago. Great bang for the buck if you ask me. I have NO desire to spend 300-400 dollars on a vid card at all.
Then he was :own3d:

Users who are viewing this thread