What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (4 Viewers)

Raider Nation said:
Do we really need to see Richard eating placenta? Where do we draw the line?
I was listening to superfan roundtable last night and they were discussing whether this was the farthest someone has ever gone for the show and somehow they were saying it wasn't because people regularly eat placenta. I threw up in my mouth a little. I don't think it's even close, easily the most disgusting thing that's ever been done on the show IMO.

Raider Nation said:
Do we really need to see Richard eating placenta? Where do we draw the line?
I was listening to superfan roundtable last night and they were discussing whether this was the farthest someone has ever gone for the show and somehow they were saying it wasn't because people regularly eat placenta. I threw up in my mouth a little. I don't think it's even close, easily the most disgusting thing that's ever been done on the show IMO.
Some of the "It's Just Wrong" segments were pushing it as well.

Howard is really annoying with AGT and allowing callers to call in and stroke his ego about how great he is.

It's a ####ty talent show that he would normally be blasting on a daily basis. Robin and everyone else kissing his ### about it is unbearable. Only positive...At least it's not nearly as bad as it was last season.

Howard is really annoying with AGT and allowing callers to call in and stroke his ego about how great he is.

It's a ####ty talent show that he would normally be blasting on a daily basis. Robin and everyone else kissing his ### about it is unbearable. Only positive...At least it's not nearly as bad as it was last season.
That's being a little unfair. He was an unabashed fan of AGT long before he was ever associated with it (in fact, my best guess is that he got involved with it for exactly that reason) along with American Idol, Dancing With the Stars, etc. In fact, some of my favorite moments from 5-6 years ago would be when he and Robin would start talking about American Idol and Artie would just start groaning and then zoning out.

That's being a little unfair. He was an unabashed fan of AGT long before he was ever associated with it (in fact, my best guess is that he got involved with it for exactly that reason) along with American Idol, Dancing With the Stars, etc. In fact, some of my favorite moments from 5-6 years ago would be when he and Robin would start talking about American Idol and Artie would just start groaning and then zoning out.
Ok. I didn't listen years ago. I'm just going off his bashing of every other talent/reality show except for AGT over the past couple of years. I know I've heard him say he liked the show before he was on, but I always figured he had to say that.

None the less, it still sucks.

"Oh Howard, I just love your facial expressions during the acts. You're like a little kid enjoying it." Slurp slurp slurp. "There's so many great acts that you simply don't have time to even squeeze bad ones in." Slurp slurp slurp

Robin- I was just going to say that.

"Oh Howard, I just love your facial expressions during the acts. You're like a little kid enjoying it." Slurp slurp slurp. "There's so many great acts that you simply don't have time to even squeeze bad ones in." Slurp slurp slurp

Robin- I was just going to say that.
Oh, there's no denying that. Howard has as big an ego as anyone on Earth, except maybe Donald Trump. But he really has always been a big fan of reality competition shows, often to the detriment of the radio program. When they would spend 25 minutes discussing who should/shouldn't have been kicked off DWTS, I used to want to drive into a GD bridge abutment. At least now, he keeps the AGT chatter somewhat brief - this is FAR, FAR better, trust me.

So when he goes to Vegas for AGT does the radio show go on hiatus for the summer or something?
he already went to Vegas. He talked about some fat cow taking his picture. He was off for the week. The live shows will be across the street from the studios so he doesn't need to complain about the commute this year.

So when he goes to Vegas for AGT does the radio show go on hiatus for the summer or something?
he already went to Vegas. He talked about some fat cow taking his picture. He was off for the week. The live shows will be across the street from the studios so he doesn't need to complain about the commute this year.
Watching the show tonight, they keep telling all the good acts that they are heading to Vegas. :confused:

Premier said:
AcerFC said:
Premier said:
Watching the show tonight, they keep telling all the good acts that they are heading to Vegas. :confused:
Are you being serious? He went around with the other judges to like 5 different cities and they taped auditions there. That was around march and April. Those who were good enough from those auditions were selected to go to Vegas for a second audition. That happened in may and they will air in a few weeks. Then they do the live shows from New York for the rest of the summer.

Premier said:
AcerFC said:
Premier said:
Are you being serious? He went around with the other judges to like 5 different cities and they taped auditions there. That was around march and April. Those who were good enough from those auditions were selected to go to Vegas for a second audition. That happened in may and they will air in a few weeks. Then they do the live shows from New York for the rest of the summer.
Oh. Well ok then. Never really seen the show before. Settle down.

Tried to sit through part of an AGT episode the other day. Its still so painfully corny and overproduced. Just awful.

Tried to sit through part of an AGT episode the other day. Its still so painfully corny and overproduced. Just awful.
Yea. Some of the acts were pretty good but the slo mo walking of the judges to their station like they are nfl players getting ready for the Super Bowl is painful.

Larry King and Jerry Seinfeld today. How much time, in aggregate, has Howard spent making fun of one or the other over the last 20 years? 40, 50 hours?

Larry King and Jerry Seinfeld today. How much time, in aggregate, has Howard spent making fun of one or the other over the last 20 years? 40, 50 hours?
Larry King, yeah. But I don't remember him being too hard on Jerry through the years.

I was laughing at him trying to sound like he watched Seinfeld and had favorite episodes. He never watched the show as far as I remember but his father loves it.

Larry King, yeah. But I don't remember him being too hard on Jerry through the years.I was laughing at him trying to sound like he watched Seinfeld and had favorite episodes. He never watched the show as far as I remember but his father loves it.
Oh man he killed Jerry for years when Seinfeld was on and booming. Some great moments with Gilbert doing "Jerry voice"

Larry King, yeah. But I don't remember him being too hard on Jerry through the years.I was laughing at him trying to sound like he watched Seinfeld and had favorite episodes. He never watched the show as far as I remember but his father loves it.
Oh man he killed Jerry for years when Seinfeld was on and booming. Some great moments with Gilbert doing "Jerry voice"
Sure, imitations and the whole "17" thing about his wife but overall I think he's always respected Jerry. He was a bit hurt when Jerry abandoned him after hitting it big but as he said, he always knew Jerry would do it. Now Larry King...he was always pretty tough on him and listening to the lovefest today was ironic.

I can never get enough of Howard making fun of old time radio guys. He did it again yesterday with the tradio call. "gooud moarnan everehbuhday!" shot out of a cannon

Sure, imitations and the whole "17" thing about his wife but overall I think he's always respected Jerry. He was a bit hurt when Jerry abandoned him after hitting it big but as he said, he always knew Jerry would do it. Now Larry King...he was always pretty tough on him and listening to the lovefest today was ironic.
A bit hurt? The new, fruity Howard gets a "bit hurt", not the original Howard, with balls.

A bit hurt? The new, fruity Howard gets a "bit hurt", not the original Howard, with balls.
Meh. You get older, you don't take things so seriously or personally.

True. The money helps as well.

True. The money helps as well.
:goodposting:

I like the new Howard. The ballsy Howard was more just being a ####. He still has all the same sensibilities. The show needs another Artie though.

That's the AGT money, is my guess. Probably a big part of the reason he was grousing so hard about his unpaid bonus from Sirius too.
It would surprise me if he got paid all that much for AGT. I thought maybe a few million per season. I really have no idea, though.
According to People Magazine, he signed on for $15M last season and supposedly is getting more this year. I think we'll see him do 1-2 more seasons to pay for this place.

Great interview with Larry King. Wish I had time to listen to all of it.

He must have requested a special mic or effects setup. The only guest I've ever heard who has the same deep/warm EQ as Howard. It sounded like 2 hosts.

He must have requested a special mic or effects setup. The only guest I've ever heard who has the same deep/warm EQ as Howard. It sounded like 2 hosts.
If only they replayed the interviews...haha

I missed both interviews today. Figure I have the rest of the week and the weekend to hear them.

If only they replayed the interviews...haha

I missed both interviews today. Figure I have the rest of the week and the weekend to hear them.
Yeah but the only time I listen is while driving so replays are a crapshoot.

I don't know why, but I cannot stop laughing when they superimpose Gary's trumpet solo with popular songs.

I like the new Howard. The ballsy Howard was more just being a ####. He still has all the same sensibilities. The show needs another Artie though.
Yea I agree. I still really like the show and all but when Artie was on I would laugh my ### off for the entire show.

Users who are viewing this thread