What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (4 Viewers)

Daywalker said:
Good Posting Judge said:
Not exactly the best show in terms of guests today. Woof.
Eric telling Jeff that he could not act was gold though.

Premier said:
Daywalker said:
Having Mathew Berry on was very strange.
I thought it was very weird to have him on. They must have owed his agent for another interview or something.
Maybe the Black Keys cancelled.
Berry said on the wrap-up show that the other guys in the Stern FFL (Gary, JD, etc..) all lobbied Howard to have him on. Not sure what their agenda was there, maybe they were trying to get Howard to play.

Good Posting Judge said:
I agree, but apparently that Sydney Leathers was quite a get. Her interview made news all over the place, including the UK.

Daywalker said:
Good Posting Judge said:
Eric telling Jeff that he could not act was gold though.

Premier said:
Daywalker said:
Having Mathew Berry on was very strange.
I thought it was very weird to have him on. They must have owed his agent for another interview or something.
Maybe the Black Keys cancelled.
Berry said on the wrap-up show that the other guys in the Stern FFL (Gary, JD, etc..) all lobbied Howard to have him on. Not sure what their agenda was there, maybe they were trying to get Howard to play.
They are his buddy and he is pushing a new book.

"Good said:
I agree, but apparently that Sydney Leathers was quite a get. Her interview made news all over the place, including the UK.
I couldn't think of a more perfect place for that skank to tell her story. Couldn't think of anyone else doing that interview better.
She seems to be a horrible person. Was contradicting herself left and right. She made Weiner out to be repulsive but then said she was falling in love with him. Laughing at him for all the phone-sex he wanted yet she was on the other end of the line the whole time engaging.

Daywalker said:
The General said:
"Good said:
I couldn't think of a more perfect place for that skank to tell her story. Couldn't think of anyone else doing that interview better.
She seems to be a horrible person. Was contradicting herself left and right. She made Weiner out to be repulsive but then said she was falling in love with him. Laughing at him for all the phone-sex he wanted yet she was on the other end of the line the whole time engaging.
Most chicks are dumb...

On a work trip this week with no Sirius. Keegan Bradley was on? How was it? Did they ask his opinion on all the BABABOOEY!!s being shouted lately?

On a work trip this week with no Sirius. Keegan Bradley was on? How was it? Did they ask his opinion on all the BABABOOEY!!s being shouted lately?
Only got to hear 45 minutes this morning. Robin was calling in via a cell phone, they were having ISDN problems? It was horrible. Didn't hear that interview, but did hear a lot of commercials.

Personally, I think shmittens are an awesome idea. BUT, I would reuse a wipe on my kid a couple of times folding it in half and then in half again. No way to do that with a shmitten and that is why it might fail. $10 for 20 of them is a lot. But good luck. Love the idea

You have to type almost his entire name into google to get any search results and find out who the hell Alex Xander is.

They are realllllllllly stretching for guests right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Subscription ran out and I've been debating to join again since all I listened to was Howard. Gotta admit, not missing him that much even though he was always on when I had it.

Listening to other morning shows now is not possible. They are all so bad compared to Howard.

You have to type almost his entire name into google to get any search results and find out who the hell Alex Xander is.

Had an amazing run from like April - June. They obviously were focused on getting really good guests. I would let them slide for now.

Had an amazing run from like April - June. They obviously were focused on getting really good guests. I would let them slide for now.
He said a couple of times that they have Metallica coming in to play live soon. That's a pretty nice get, even though they suck balls now.

He said a couple of times that they have Metallica coming in to play live soon. That's a pretty nice get, even though they suck balls now.
Nice get, sure. Maybe back in the Jackie Martling days.

F Timmy the cat

F Timmy the cat
F Timmy!

I don't like Metallica any more, but their last album sold 850,000 copies in its first week. That's ridiculous in the Internet music era. They're about as big as it gets in rock.

F Timmy the cat
F Timmy!

I don't like Metallica any more, but their last album sold 850,000 copies in its first week. That's ridiculous in the Internet music era. They're about as big as it gets in rock.
Justin Bieber is about as big as it gets in pop music. :shrug:

Bieber also sucks, but the conversation was focused on his (in)ability to get "big" name guests. Bieber would certainly qualify on that front.

Found a grapefruit-sized tumor that was against many organs. Originated in uterus I think.

Woke up from surgery with an ileostomy bag. Like a colostomy bag but not permanent if I heard correctly. The initial diagnosis was very dire. Doctors were talking about how long they could keep her alive. She then got a second opinion and that set of doctors were of the mindset that they could potentially cure her.

Did radiation and chemo which she held up well too. Did lose her hair. Some of it back now.

Three months ago her doctor told her she was cured. Howard said he thought she was a goner during the early stages. Sounds like the whole ordeal was very dicey and could have easily went the other way. Robin got choked up on air talking about how she didn't think she could go on living with some of the potential complications from the surgery/cancer. Howard said that was BS and that she could go on. Robin said seeing how much Howard cared for her and needed her gave her strength to face the possibility of living with such drastic complications.

What has she said about her natural life/eating/### coffee in relation to this?

Haven't heard show yet.
A caller asked is she considered whether the coffee enemas were related to all this. Predictably, she said something to the effect that that had nothing to do with it and it was a shame that she couldn't have them right now because they would help her to recover more quickly, and that coffee enemas were "good for you."

I guess that's how these things work. If she never had cancer, it would be partly because of the enemas. If she did have cancer, it would have been much worse and she probably would have died if it hadn't been for all those enemas protecting her from all the toxins in her body.

I know that they addressed it, but it is a shame that the show that talks about everything in their lives would not/could not talk about this, the 500 lb gorilla that is Robin not being able to come into the studio daily for months and working from home on the ISDN line. Also have heard many other double standard moments recently when Howard would not delve into his personal life/issues and yet he would destroy a staffer who did not talk about every last embarrassing moment of their lives in detail.

Sorry--random ranting

I know that they addressed it, but it is a shame that the show that talks about everything in their lives would not/could not talk about this, the 500 lb gorilla that is Robin not being able to come into the studio daily for months and working from home on the ISDN line. Also have heard many other double standard moments recently when Howard would not delve into his personal life/issues and yet he would destroy a staffer who did not talk about every last embarrassing moment of their lives in detail.

Sorry--random ranting
I get what you're saying...but it's his show. It's not exactly a democracy, and Robin's fairly well protected.

My step sister is an oncology nurse at Sloan Kettering and never told me that she was being treated there.

I need less professional family members.

No matter what your opinion is of Robin, you have give her credit for goong through this and not missing a show and being the same person during the entire ordeal. Chemotherapy treatments and kept on going? I get that it isn't exactly like she is digging ditches here or working a 9-5 schedule, but it is still impressive

Sorry--random ranting
I believe I have had the same rant here recently but I do agree with them to a small degree. Having every caller/guest asking about Robin would have gotten to be too much. Listen over the next few months, everyone will have to lead with how happy they are about Robin. Not a bad thing, but will become a theme within the show.

Sorry--random ranting
I believe I have had the same rant here recently but I do agree with them to a small degree. Having every caller/guest asking about Robin would have gotten to be too much. Listen over the next few months, everyone will have to lead with how happy they are about Robin. Not a bad thing, but will become a theme within the show.
Yeah... everyone kissing her ### with every call is already getting old/annoying.

I hate cancer as much (or more) than the next guy... but they did the right think keeping it quiet. I also hate Robin on the show... she annoys the hell out of me.

I'd never wish cancer on anyone, and am glad that she's recovering. That being said, she's a waste of space and should be replaced.
I agree with all of that except replacing her. Even though she sucks, you just can't at this point. Nothing to do with cancer, she's just too connected with Howard.

I thought the Graham Nash interview was awesome. I didnt want to leave the car. Hope I catch it again at some point in the week

Was the Metallica interview any good last week, should I give it a watch on Youtube?
I thought it was pretty excellent although I am not a guy who knows much about Metallica. Hadn't heard One is about a decade so that was cool. And Richard makes it funny.

Was the Metallica interview any good last week, should I give it a watch on Youtube?
From what i heard of it, Howard was really pushing hard to interview James. I know Lars has been on a ton and he has said he wanted a James interview. I know Robert has not been in the band long enough for Howard to care about him and his days with ST, but I would have liked to hear more from Kirk

There was even a point where Howard is asking James about the look of a guitar and Kirk answers and Howard is like, yeah, that is nice, James what about you

Users who are viewing this thread