What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (4 Viewers)

Geez those things are hard to watch. How are they popular? So heavily edited and over produced. Just cut the camera on and let them have a drawn out conversation. Cut aways to coffee being brewed and jerry slapping his knee laughing for a reason we didn't get to see.

Geez those things are hard to watch. How are they popular? So heavily edited and over produced. Just cut the camera on and let them have a drawn out conversation. Cut aways to coffee being brewed and jerry slapping his knee laughing for a reason we didn't get to see.
I tend to agree with that. I don't understand why they are so short when they film for hours. Should be at least a half-hour.

Seinfeld is really not that likeable. He is funny, but always agitated and rarely seems real. I think the parts when he genuinely laughs are probably the best part. And the conversation about Mad Magazine should have been like 15 minutes. That was probably the most interesting part, but with the quick cuts and editing, it loses steam.

I tend to agree with that. I don't understand why they are so short when they film for hours. Should be at least a half-hour.

Seinfeld is really not that likeable. He is funny, but always agitated and rarely seems real. I think the parts when he genuinely laughs are probably the best part. And the conversation about Mad Magazine should have been like 15 minutes. That was probably the most interesting part, but with the quick cuts and editing, it loses steam.
Howard said during their call on the show that they filmed this for hours, so to have it chopped down to 11 minutes seems like way too much editing.

I found myself agreeing with a lot of what Blossom was talking about but then on the other hand some of the other things were signs of a crazy lady.

Man, Robin was in rare form this week. The know-it-all attitude fighting with Dr. Agus and the whole thing with being able to control all of your feelings. Christ...

Really hope next time she gets bent out of shape about something that somebody tells her "just control the feeling you're having right now"

Man, Robin was in rare form this week. The know-it-all attitude fighting with Dr. Agus and the whole thing with being able to control all of your feelings. Christ...

Really hope next time she gets bent out of shape about something that somebody tells her "just control the feeling you're having right now"
She's a monster....it's the cancer meds or whatever right? She had slimmed down but now she's huge

She's a monster....it's the cancer meds or whatever right? She had slimmed down but now she's huge
Robin continues to be awful. She's bigger than any male staffer but no one ever brings it up.

She's also terrible at the news. She can't answer the most basic question about any of the stories and answers Howard with "no one told me." She also didn't know that the Olympics were over this past Tuesday. SHE'S A WASTE OF SPACE.

Robin continues to be awful. She's bigger than any male staffer but no one ever brings it up.

She's also terrible at the news. She can't answer the most basic question about any of the stories and answers Howard with "no one told me." She also didn't know that the Olympics were over this past Tuesday. SHE'S A WASTE OF SPACE.
:goodposting:

Her only redeeming factor is the parody songs she inspires.

She is incapable of saying "I don't know." This is a common problem with know-it-alls.

She either pauses until someone else comes up with the answer, or she says "Oh, RIGHT.... I was just gonna say that!!!!1111!!!"

She sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always been of the opinion that Robin is terrible when it comes to a lot of things, but the show wouldn't be the same at all without her there.

I've never been a big Robin hater but she's been unbearable the past few weeks. So shrill and annoying. Even Howard has been losing it a bit with her.

She is incapable of saying "I don't know." This is a common problem with know-it-alls.

She either pauses until someone else comes up with the answer, or she says "Oh, RIGHT.... I was just gonna say that!!!!1111!!!"

She sucks.
Dr. Drew's Narcissism Test
Dr. Drew has been going around the talk show circuit promoting his new book The Mirror Effect. In it he talks about how celebrity narcissism is ruining America. When researching the book he had a bunch of celebrities take the narcissism test that you see below. Of all the celebrities that took this test Robin Quivers, co-host and news woman of the Howard Stern show, scored the highest with 34. Keep in mind that the average score for the general population is 15.3 and the average score for celebrities is 17.8. What does a 34 mean? It means that she has some major issues. Pinsky says he scored 16. Howard Stern scored a 15.

I've always been of the opinion that Robin is terrible when it comes to a lot of things, but the show wouldn't be the same at all without her there.
The show loses zero when she's not there.
Wrong. She serves a very important purpose of keeping Howard's own "uniqueness" in check. Take away Robin and the show will quickly become unbearable.
I've heard the show without Robin. It's awesome. :shrug:

Wrong. She serves a very important purpose of keeping Howard's own "uniqueness" in check. Take away Robin and the show will quickly become unbearable.
It wouldn't stay that way for long

I'll go ahead and contend that yours is the minority opinion.

;lmao:

It's already a ####-fest, you'd rather have that than the potential of the show turning into a ####-fest?

;lmao:

It's already a ####-fest, you'd rather have that than the potential of the show turning into a ####-fest?
im just saying robin serves an important purpose on the show. howard needs someone to shoot the #### off of and it sure as hell isn't gonna be fred.

;lmao:

im just saying robin serves an important purpose on the show. howard needs someone to shoot the #### off of and it sure as hell isn't gonna be fred.
while true, Howard and Robin barely even listen to each other. I can only imagine him on his phone/tablet the whole time while she does the "news"

;lmao:

while true, Howard and Robin barely even listen to each other. I can only imagine him on his phone/tablet the whole time while she does the "news"
anything else, AcerFC?

;lmao:

anything else, AcerFC?
fyp

Robin has arguably been the worst thing about this show since forever.

Outside of her perceived " banter " with Howard, she adds nothing to the show.

That being said, Howard loves her so its a necessary evil.

I skipped over most of the Blossom interview as she was getting on my nerves.

The Sternthology stuff on 101 is good. They've been playing old interviews of people who had just been mentioned on the show that day. Really nice to get the background on things discussed. Somebody is on their toes pulling the clips.

17seconds said:
It's kind of a Paul Shaffer thing. Ever see Letterman go without Paul? It's rough.
Paul and Robin provide psychological comfort to Dave/Howard, which in turn helps the show.

It's like the episode of "The Larry Sanders" show where Artie gets stuck in traffic and Jeanine Garofalo has to produce the show. She produces the show expertly, but pretends that Artie is around. When Larry finds out, he completely falls apart, even though she was doing everything exactly the same as Artie.

An older drop that I absolutely loved

Whenever discussing the Middle East or Arabs, Fred would play that really amateur sounding arab sitar song - does anyone else remember this? I have to find this somewhere. Played often during the news.

He asked Bryan Cranston today if he had to hide his success from his dad, because his dad didn't have as much success as him and therefore might be jealous.

Who thinks like that? Stern is a really ####ed up dude.

He asked Bryan Cranston today if he had to hide his success from his dad, because his dad didn't have as much success as him and therefore might be jealous.

He believes way too much in "therapy".

Yes he is, and he knows it, that's why he's in therapy 3-4 days a week. You think there's an outside chance that Howard and his therapist have discussed the fact that Howard sometimes feels embarrassed by his success when he's around his father? His dad was in the radio game (though not a broadcaster) and I'm sure Howard feels some sheepishness at having been infinitely more successful than his dad, whom he held up as a hero all his life. It's probably been discussed ad nauseum in that office, so when Howard senses the possibility that someone else may have had a similar experience, he asks the question. I don't think it's so much to seem insightful as it is an attempt to connect with the interviewee.

Whenever discussing the Middle East or Arabs, Fred would play that really amateur sounding arab sitar song - does anyone else remember this? I have to find this somewhere. Played often during the news.
You mean this?

Another one I loved which they've only done a few times is the yoga guy. "feel the tension in your buttocks.. and then... release" (then a massive fart sound)

You mean this?

Another one I loved which they've only done a few times is the yoga guy. "feel the tension in your buttocks.. and then... release" (then a massive fart sound)
That's ####### it.

So much better as a drop. I wish I could find a news segment where it was dropped in.

Love when Gonzo comes on with Eric. The dynamic is perfect. Gonzo is all mellow, nothin bugs him at all, but also slightly passive aggressive and Eric loses his mind.

Hello Hello

I keep forgetting that they do a live wrapup show on Fridays.

btw-I did happen to see about 5 minutes of Baba Booey on the game show they're talking about. The show looked really stupid. I almost changed channels immediately until I saw Gary

Users who are viewing this thread