What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (2 Viewers)

Do they finally have a service where you can listen like hour by hour? Off of iTunes or whatever? Only way I will re subscribe. 

With the app you can listed on demand for about 3 weeks's worth of shows (it seems, though you can also download to the phone and it seems like it will keep them longer).  You can skip from segment to segment.  You can also pause of course and rewind at 15 second intervals.  They also have all of the celebrity interviews for about the past 3-4 years saved so they can be listened at any time and they immediately add all new ones and they never expire.  I find it to be quite good overall.

If you subscribe can you listen to it on an app when you want? The fact you couldn’t is one of the reasons why I punted years ago. 

I still listen to every show.  Still better then anything out there.  But a shadow of itself.

Will say it was a smart move to tone down the show legacy-wise.  Nothing else left to prove.  Don't mess with the gravy train.

If Howard was still throwing bologne at women he would be in a world of trouble.

This was the only play.

So Stuttering John has now landed the biggest prank call of all time by getting Trump to call him back from Air Force One. Has anyone heard it? John had some pretty good Twitter shtick going about the Secret Service being at his door.

I dropped my subscription 3 or 4 years ago so I haven't posted in this in forever, but every time I see this thread bumped I have to check it because I'm convinced someone must be posting about the inevitability of Artie's tragic death. 

I dropped my subscription 3 or 4 years ago so I haven't posted in this in forever, but every time I see this thread bumped I have to check it because I'm convinced someone must be posting about the inevitability of Artie's tragic death. 
He's currently on probation for his drug possession charge and I think he's getting tested regularly as a result of it. 

He probably has another Teddy to piss in a cup or him.  

Pete Davidson on this morning.  Just like with everyone that I think is kind of douchey and then is interviewed by Howard, I found him funny, interesting and likable.  Very self-deprecating and humble dude.

Wow, the lack of posting in this thread is a pretty good testament to the lack of juice surrounding Howard nowadays.

Any word on the Stuttering John book? I've put it on reserve at the library, but it hasn't come in yet. Will be interesting to see if there's much there - saw some headlines that Howard kept Artie from auditioning for the CBS late night gig that went to Craig Ferguson, and kept Fred from auditioning for Saturday Night Live. I don't think either of those guys would have come close to getting those jobs, but John contrasts that with how he had to go behind Howard's back to take the Jay Leno job.

I think the show has been on a good roll for a while now. I just dont think to bring it up here. Love the video feature on the app. I used to think k Memet was putting it on a bit but he is seriously nuts.

Yeah, i still enjoy the show. There aren't very many "holy ####" moment that would inspire me to come here and talk about it. But I'm usually entertained.

I do think Mehmet has to be at least partially schtick.  I'm sure he's actually a doosh but nobody is THAT dooshy. 

Ya I've enjoyed it

What's interesting to me is that I find Artie to be pretty annoying in older clips for the most part.  People like to talk very reverently about him, and while he had great moments I think he was an overall negative to the show

wilked said:
Ya I've enjoyed it

What's interesting to me is that I find Artie to be pretty annoying in older clips for the most part.  People like to talk very reverently about him, and while he had great moments I think he was an overall negative to the show
I have to disagree with you on this one.  I think the show is way worse with only Robin and Howard although I am biased because I think Robin is a complete waste of space.

wilked said:
Ya I've enjoyed it

No way.

i do think it is a little jarring to hear him because the show is much more controlled now, but he was fantastic.  When they had to work 5 days a week, he carried the show many times.

See I think it has given Fred freedom to expand. It’s not Robin filling the void it’s Fred. Robin has the same airtime as always 

TLEF316 said:
Yeah, i still enjoy the show. There aren't very many "holy ####" moment that would inspire me to come here and talk about it. But I'm usually entertained.

I do think Mehmet has to be at least partially schtick.  I'm sure he's actually a doosh but nobody is THAT dooshy. 
I think a lot of it is schtick.  He knows what it takes to get airtime and is killing it.  Him and Ronnie carry the show nowadays.

The_Man said:
Wow, the lack of posting in this thread is a pretty good testament to the lack of juice surrounding Howard nowadays.

Any word on the Stuttering John book? I've put it on reserve at the library, but it hasn't come in yet. Will be interesting to see if there's much there - saw some headlines that Howard kept Artie from auditioning for the CBS late night gig that went to Craig Ferguson, and kept Fred from auditioning for Saturday Night Live. I don't think either of those guys would have come close to getting those jobs, but John contrasts that with how he had to go behind Howard's back to take the Jay Leno job.
those guys come off so salty after leaving the show, it is hard to believe half of what they say. 

I think a lot of it is schtick.  He knows what it takes to get airtime and is killing it.  Him and Ronnie carry the show nowadays.
Ronnie segments are gold.  The polar opposite of Benjy segments. I have to turn it off when he gets airtime.  

ETA:  Sadly when I see this thread bumped I immediately assume a Wack Packer has passed away.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Memet on-air personality is an exaggerated version of who he really is.  He purposely says things to get people riled up, but deep down he's a total insecure d-bag.  His gf is a total smokeshow though. 

I think Memet on-air personality is an exaggerated version of who he really is.  He purposely says things to get people riled up, but deep down he's a total insecure d-bag.  His gf is a total smokeshow though. 
Link

Just saw Katelyn Hatley. Thought she would be better looking. I always forget I have the app and can watch the video. I need to do that

Artie Lange's latest mugshot.

Last time he was in court the judge ordered him to apply to drug court.  He had a follow up court date yesterday and he was arrested for four counts of possession.  Apparently they're sobering him up in jail, and then transferring him to a mandated long term treatment facility.  

The Artie days were the height of the show.  Those first few years on Sirius were priceless.  It's a shame he has such a tormented mind.  

That's a given. But did the cocaine implode his nose?
Years of snorting drugs does that.  It slowly eats away at the septum until the nose just collapses.  The blood is most likely from an infection.  

He also claims he was kidnapped and then punched by his bookie's bodyguard because he owed $62K.   Believe what you want there...  

His twitter feed has been a depressing roller coaster.  After his previous court appearance he said he checked into an outpatient rehab, a "rehab" that let him leave to go do gigs and other appearances.  He promised he was sober and was tweeting like he had found Jesus, swore off drugs like he never has before, etc..  Then he suddenly stopped posting, and other comedians were pleading for him to get help at the same time.  I figured he would OD/commit suicide before his court appearance yesterday because he knew what showing up high would mean, but here we are....

Sounds like this time he has no choice but to get clean.  He's about to go through absolute hell.   Will it stick? I doubt it.  

Yeah, I saw some pictures with the collapsed nose recently and even he was making fun of it. Yet another time I thought he might be able to stay clean...guess not. Very sad.

Ron Bennington said on his show Artie told him he got beat up over gambling debts.  

Seems more realistic than just too much coke.
No. His nose has been deteriorating way longer than something associated with this recent dust up. The bloody look may certainly be related to the fracas. Just look at past pictures of him.

Users who are viewing this thread