What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (4 Viewers)

For those of you who haven't seen Crazy Alice, here she is.

Pretty much what you'd expect a half-black/half-Italian woman to look like.

Not as fat as Artie contends, unless that's an old pic.
Huh, not quite the "hill of feces" i imagined. /Artie/

You don't have to pay rent, your a pile of ####. Piles of #### don't pay rent, people do.

:lmao:

Anyone have any clue as to how many people tuned in yesterday and today?I'd like to hear the numbers.... apparently there were so many callers yesterday that it crashed the phones.
No clue, but I'm sure once he finds out Howard will let us know on a daily basis 'til he retires.

BrentBlack said:
(HULK) said:
Anyone have any clue as to how many people tuned in yesterday and today?

I'd like to hear the numbers.... apparently there were so many callers yesterday that it crashed the phones.
No clue, but I'm sure once he finds out Howard will let us know on a daily basis 'til he retires.
:goodposting: You just hit on the ONLY thing that makes me change the channel like clockwork. Howard takes credit for every ####### thing in the history of the world. God created the heavens and the earth? Howard thought of the idea first. Man landed on the moon? Howard designed the spacecraft. Joe Montana's Super Bowl-winning pass to John Taylor against the Bengals? You guessed it..... Howard called the play.

It gets REALLY old after awhile.

EVERY OTHER DISC JOCKEY IN THE WORLD has a job merely because they copy him, you know. :rolleyes:

(HULK) said:
Anyone have any clue as to how many people tuned in yesterday and today?I'd like to hear the numbers.... apparently there were so many callers yesterday that it crashed the phones.
I'll be curious to see the number of free listeners, and what percentage actually sign up for serius.

The Noid said:
RBM said:
Really impressed with Gary's retort. Had some great lines there"Jackie has more lines on his face than Artie has on his coffee table"
I'm pretty sure Artie, or someone, wrote some zingers like that for Gary. For previous roasts, Artie's mentioned leading up to them that he's wrote some, or offered to write some material, for the roastee.
He said at the end that Mike Morse and Jim Florentine wrote most of them.

I was a longtime listener on free radio, and I listened the past two days and was pretty unimpressed. Except when Elliott Offen was on, how can he ever be bad?

I'll stick to Kidd Chris, thx.

Common said:
I cannot stand Master Tape Theater.TERRIBLE.
Thought it was great today. George Takei and OJ trial talk. Last weeks was boring but I definitely enjoyed todays

Common said:
I cannot stand Master Tape Theater.TERRIBLE.
Thought it was great today. George Takei and OJ trial talk. Last weeks was boring but I definitely enjoyed todays
I really like hearing the old stuff, but they have to stop picking just any random day. This one was pretty good, but the week before was awful. I hope soon they start to pick some with some meaning.

Funny stuff early this morning. Beth a little upset about being called a "horse face", hung up on the idiot Sal

Tracy Morgan and Borat were awesome interviews today.

Both Hil-AR-ious!

Neither could have been on terrestrial.

I'm watching this now. It's a compilation of a bunch of clips under different categories:

- best sybian ride

- most disgusting sybian ride

- shocking moments

- celebrity interviews

- best lesbo kiss

- breakdowns

- wackpack

- etc.

It is very nice seeing these uncensored...except for Richard's penis and some of the "females" on the sybian. I'm surprised that some of the clips are from the K-Rock days.

Artie's heroin revelation is also included...sad.

Overall it's the same as the E! show except with the nudity and language. I doubt I would pay a monthly fee. But all Stern fans should check out the preview. Actually seeing the Gary tape was very funny, even after hearing so many times.

I'm watching this now. It's a compilation of a bunch of clips under different categories:

- best sybian ride

- shocking moments

- celebrity interviews

- best lesbo kiss

- breakdowns

- wackpack

- etc.

It is very nice seeing these uncensored...except for Richard's penis and some of the "females" on the sybian. I'm surprised that some of the clips are from the K-Rock days.

Overall it's the same as the E! show except with the nudity and language. I doubt I would pay a monthly fee. But all Stern fans should check out the preview. Actually seeing the Gary tape was very funny, even after hearing so many times.
I contacted my cable company (comcast scums) because it wont let me order the 1 cent preview. after being on hold with them for 20 minutes they decided tghe only way you can receive the one cent preview isa if you are a monthly or weekly subscriber already :loco: :thumbdown:

- best sybian ride

- shocking moments

- celebrity interviews

- best lesbo kiss

- breakdowns

- wackpack

- etc.

I contacted my cable company (comcast scums) because it wont let me order the 1 cent preview. after being on hold with them for 20 minutes they decided tghe only way you can receive the one cent preview isa if you are a monthly or weekly subscriber already :loco: :thumbdown:
Incorrect answer given to you by the fine reps at comcrap.to find the preview, you go to the on demand channel, then select Events and Specials, then Uncensored tv, then the Howard preview. If it asks for a pin number for ppv ordering (mine did, never has before) then use 0000 and you are golden.

:lmao:

Great show today with the return of dial-a-date.

I missed it earlier, Artie got a megaphone to retaliate against Howard's Dana/Grandma Caprio harrassment?

Artie coming back at Howard as Grandma Stern and bringing up the "Beth dated Pete Townsend" bit was pretty hilareous.

I am a big Stern fan. I bought Sirius mainly because he was going to be coming on soon, but DAMN, he only works about 150 days a year. I can accept the four weeks vacation a year, but a four day work week? I could see if he was on teh air more than four or five hours a day, but, come on, Howard, either retire or work.
Considering his commercials have been cut down from 20 minutes per hour to about 7, I am not sure what your gripe is. He easily makes up for the lack of a Friday show with more programming during the other 4 days.
Commercial breaks have been well over 7 minutes the last few weeks. The replays from January/February seem to have far less commericals than the "new" shows. On my ride to work in the AM the breaks are now around 10 or 11 minutes.It's still the best $12 I spend a month.
3 months later and it's gotten much much worse.

Howard Stern sidekick Artie Lange is the newest name under consideration by Fox as it looks to expand its late-night presence.

The Mad TV alum has signed a new development deal with Fox, and among the possibilities Lange has discussed with Fox as part of the deal include a new late-night talk show, a new sitcom, or being cast into an existing sitcom.

After launching weekly Saturday late night show Talk Show with Spike Feresten this season, Fox is actively looking to develop either a companion piece or another show that could eventually see them move back into the weeknight late night battle.

Lange acknowledged the deal Wednesday morning on Stern’s Sirius Satellite Radio program.

A Fox spokesperson confirmed the deal Wednesday morning.

Don't go Artie, don't go.

Howard Stern sidekick Artie Lange is the newest name under consideration by Fox as it looks to expand its late-night presence.

The Mad TV alum has signed a new development deal with Fox, and among the possibilities Lange has discussed with Fox as part of the deal include a new late-night talk show, a new sitcom, or being cast into an existing sitcom.

After launching weekly Saturday late night show Talk Show with Spike Feresten this season, Fox is actively looking to develop either a companion piece or another show that could eventually see them move back into the weeknight late night battle.

Lange acknowledged the deal Wednesday morning on Stern’s Sirius Satellite Radio program.

He'd have to give up Howard. Wonder how much that interests Jackie.

I am a big Stern fan. I bought Sirius mainly because he was going to be coming on soon, but DAMN, he only works about 150 days a year. I can accept the four weeks vacation a year, but a four day work week? I could see if he was on teh air more than four or five hours a day, but, come on, Howard, either retire or work.
Considering his commercials have been cut down from 20 minutes per hour to about 7, I am not sure what your gripe is. He easily makes up for the lack of a Friday show with more programming during the other 4 days.
Commercial breaks have been well over 7 minutes the last few weeks. The replays from January/February seem to have far less commericals than the "new" shows. On my ride to work in the AM the breaks are now around 10 or 11 minutes.It's still the best $12 I spend a month.
More commercials you mean? The commercial breaks have never 10-11 minutes. Are you counting bits and songs too?

gotta find a way to pay him his 50mil

Wyldfox said:
BrentBlack said:

He'd have to give up Howard. Wonder how much that interests Jackie.
A good part of Jackies magic was that he drove Howard nuts with his money demands. If he were to come back, there is no way that'd happen.Plus, Jackie wasn't even that funny on the roast. The dude is 62 years old and his humor is starting to become dated.

Please See Mine said:
More commercials you mean? The commercial breaks have never 10-11 minutes. Are you counting bits and songs too?
The breaks are much more frequent. Amazingly though, they were much less frequent during the free trial. I stand by the fact that the breaks are well over 10 minutes (at least they feel like they are). *I count the songs as part of the break...if I wanted music, I'd tune in to one of the other 200 stations or put a CD in.

Anyone catch the Sam Simon call talking about how crazy Michael Richards was when he directed an episode of one of his short-lived sitcoms. He said he found Richards curled up in a fetal position crying up a storm on stage one day. Bascially Richards is a lunatic. It was a great call. Sam went into the details of him taking Ralph on vacation over Thanksgiving. Hilarious.

Then Artie told a story about how Kato Kaelin befriended Norm MacDonald and how they would all play doubles tennis together. How David Hyde Pearce had them thrown out of the tennis club one night. Great radio.

Today is the first time I've listened in years. Artie got into a spat with that Alice chick and told her her "##### probably smells like a cave on skull island" -- I almost lost it.

He always that funny?

Last edited by a moderator:
Today is the first time I've listened in years. Artie got into a spat with that Alice chick and told her her "##### probably smells like a cave on skull island" -- I almost lost it.He always that funny?
It's funny the first one or two times, but his screaming matches with Alice during the football pool picks are annoying 14 weeks later.Aside from that, Artie is consistently money as far as laughs. His stories are great and he always has a throw-away line or two that kills each show.

Heard the clips this morning, sounded like a great appearance. Hit just about all the stuff he said he was going to talk about.

Im sure it will be on Youtube soon

Some food for thought on Howie's Math skillz:

Howard Stern's Math Doesn't Add Up

December 13, 2006

Howard Stern usually makes headlines for his appearances on David Letterman's late night program because of outrageous stunts. After last night's stop by the Ed Sullivan Theater, he's making them as "Bravo Sierra" is being called over the satellite radio personality's claims regarding Sirius Satellite Radio subscription counts.

"It is going so great," Stern said on Letterman's program last night. "We started out with 600,00 listeners. In one year - January will be one year - we now have almost six million."

That statement prompted a letter from WFNY (Free-FM)/New York PD John Mainelli to Sirius SVP/Communications Patrick Reilly asking, "Are you penny-ante Sirius people so desperate for subs these days that Howard Stern has to go on David Letterman as he did last night and flat-out lie -- brazenly and shamelessly? From '600,000 to 6-million subscribers in one year'? I thought he misspoke himself when I saw that in a Sirius transcript two weeks ago. But I guess this is how low he, you and Melvin have sunk."

Meanwhile, Stern followed last night's claim during The Late Show by stating on his program this morning (11/13), that Sirius is outselling its satcaster competitor, XM Satellite Radio, by a count of 2-1.

Let's take a look at the numbers:

* Stern announced his move to Sirius on October 8, 2004. According to their quarterly earnings report, Sirius closed out the third quarter of 2004 with 662,289 subscriptions. Sirius also announced at the same time that they had surpassed 700,000 subscriptions on October 18, 2004, ten days after Stern's announcement.

* Meanwhile, XM announced in their quarterly earnings report that they had closed out the third quarter of 2004 with 2,516,023 subscriptions.

Using those numbers, if Sirius hits the low end of their year-end guidance of 5.9 million subscriptions, it will mean the company has added 5,237,711 million subscriptions since Stern's announcement that he would be joining the company. Meanwhile, if XM hits the low end of their year-end guidance of 7.7 million subscriptions, then XM will have added 5,183,977 subscriptions in the same time period.

The bottom line... In two years, not one year, as Stern claimed, Sirius will have gone from 700,000 to just under six million subscribers. And as for Stern's 2-to-1 claim, Sirius will have added just 53,734 more subscriptions than XM since Stern announced he was leaving terrestrial radio.

"You'd think this blatantly false public dissemination of information -- at a time when satellite radio is under severe attack on Wall Street -- is something the SEC and NASD would look into," wrote Mainelli in his email to Sirius. Whether that holds true or not remains to be seen, but one thing is for certain, the numbers don't add up to back Stern's statements.

Some food for thought on Howie's Math skillz:

Howard Stern's Math Doesn't Add Up

December 13, 2006

Howard Stern usually makes headlines for his appearances on David Letterman's late night program because of outrageous stunts. After last night's stop by the Ed Sullivan Theater, he's making them as "Bravo Sierra" is being called over the satellite radio personality's claims regarding Sirius Satellite Radio subscription counts.

"It is going so great," Stern said on Letterman's program last night. "We started out with 600,00 listeners. In one year - January will be one year - we now have almost six million."

That statement prompted a letter from WFNY (Free-FM)/New York PD John Mainelli to Sirius SVP/Communications Patrick Reilly asking, "Are you penny-ante Sirius people so desperate for subs these days that Howard Stern has to go on David Letterman as he did last night and flat-out lie -- brazenly and shamelessly? From '600,000 to 6-million subscribers in one year'? I thought he misspoke himself when I saw that in a Sirius transcript two weeks ago. But I guess this is how low he, you and Melvin have sunk."

Meanwhile, Stern followed last night's claim during The Late Show by stating on his program this morning (11/13), that Sirius is outselling its satcaster competitor, XM Satellite Radio, by a count of 2-1.

Let's take a look at the numbers:

* Stern announced his move to Sirius on October 8, 2004. According to their quarterly earnings report, Sirius closed out the third quarter of 2004 with 662,289 subscriptions. Sirius also announced at the same time that they had surpassed 700,000 subscriptions on October 18, 2004, ten days after Stern's announcement.

* Meanwhile, XM announced in their quarterly earnings report that they had closed out the third quarter of 2004 with 2,516,023 subscriptions.

Using those numbers, if Sirius hits the low end of their year-end guidance of 5.9 million subscriptions, it will mean the company has added 5,237,711 million subscriptions since Stern's announcement that he would be joining the company. Meanwhile, if XM hits the low end of their year-end guidance of 7.7 million subscriptions, then XM will have added 5,183,977 subscriptions in the same time period.

The bottom line... In two years, not one year, as Stern claimed, Sirius will have gone from 700,000 to just under six million subscribers. And as for Stern's 2-to-1 claim, Sirius will have added just 53,734 more subscriptions than XM since Stern announced he was leaving terrestrial radio.

"You'd think this blatantly false public dissemination of information -- at a time when satellite radio is under severe attack on Wall Street -- is something the SEC and NASD would look into," wrote Mainelli in his email to Sirius. Whether that holds true or not remains to be seen, but one thing is for certain, the numbers don't add up to back Stern's statements.
:confused: Terrestrial radio is a thing of the past - its like watching TV without Tivo - why do it! I haven't listened in months. They know the ship be sinking and fast!!!

Users who are viewing this thread