What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (2 Viewers)

Did anyone see Howard on Kimmel?

Really great job superimposing(if that's the right word) Howard on the seat next to Jimmy to simulate him being on the show. Actually forgot he wasn't really there after a while.

link

Did anyone see Howard on Kimmel?

Really great job superimposing(if that's the right word) Howard on the seat next to Jimmy to simulate him being on the show. Actually forgot he wasn't really there after a while.

link
I know Howard was real worried speaking on satellite because of the delay. I guess it came off ok.

Just wanted to point out how much I can't stand Robin.

Does ANYONE think the show wouldn't be better without her?

She's a know-it-all, her impressions are horrible, she speaks WAY too often, and the "sidekick chick who does the news" thing went out of style about 15 years ago. Carry on.

Some food for thought on Howie's Math skillz:

Howard Stern's Math Doesn't Add Up

December 13, 2006

Howard Stern usually makes headlines for his appearances on David Letterman's late night program because of outrageous stunts. After last night's stop by the Ed Sullivan Theater, he's making them as "Bravo Sierra" is being called over the satellite radio personality's claims regarding Sirius Satellite Radio subscription counts.

"It is going so great," Stern said on Letterman's program last night. "We started out with 600,00 listeners. In one year - January will be one year - we now have almost six million."

That statement prompted a letter from WFNY (Free-FM)/New York PD John Mainelli to Sirius SVP/Communications Patrick Reilly asking, "Are you penny-ante Sirius people so desperate for subs these days that Howard Stern has to go on David Letterman as he did last night and flat-out lie -- brazenly and shamelessly? From '600,000 to 6-million subscribers in one year'? I thought he misspoke himself when I saw that in a Sirius transcript two weeks ago. But I guess this is how low he, you and Melvin have sunk."

Meanwhile, Stern followed last night's claim during The Late Show by stating on his program this morning (11/13), that Sirius is outselling its satcaster competitor, XM Satellite Radio, by a count of 2-1.

Let's take a look at the numbers:

* Stern announced his move to Sirius on October 8, 2004. According to their quarterly earnings report, Sirius closed out the third quarter of 2004 with 662,289 subscriptions. Sirius also announced at the same time that they had surpassed 700,000 subscriptions on October 18, 2004, ten days after Stern's announcement.

* Meanwhile, XM announced in their quarterly earnings report that they had closed out the third quarter of 2004 with 2,516,023 subscriptions.

Using those numbers, if Sirius hits the low end of their year-end guidance of 5.9 million subscriptions, it will mean the company has added 5,237,711 million subscriptions since Stern's announcement that he would be joining the company. Meanwhile, if XM hits the low end of their year-end guidance of 7.7 million subscriptions, then XM will have added 5,183,977 subscriptions in the same time period.

The bottom line... In two years, not one year, as Stern claimed, Sirius will have gone from 700,000 to just under six million subscribers. And as for Stern's 2-to-1 claim, Sirius will have added just 53,734 more subscriptions than XM since Stern announced he was leaving terrestrial radio.

"You'd think this blatantly false public dissemination of information -- at a time when satellite radio is under severe attack on Wall Street -- is something the SEC and NASD would look into," wrote Mainelli in his email to Sirius. Whether that holds true or not remains to be seen, but one thing is for certain, the numbers don't add up to back Stern's statements.
Gimmie a brea, he misspoke. He has mentioned many times on the show that it was a 2 yr thing. He meant when he first signed on. What an a-wipe with an axe to grind this tool is

Some food for thought on Howie's Math skillz:

Howard Stern's Math Doesn't Add Up

December 13, 2006

Howard Stern usually makes headlines for his appearances on David Letterman's late night program because of outrageous stunts. After last night's stop by the Ed Sullivan Theater, he's making them as "Bravo Sierra" is being called over the satellite radio personality's claims regarding Sirius Satellite Radio subscription counts.

"It is going so great," Stern said on Letterman's program last night. "We started out with 600,00 listeners. In one year - January will be one year - we now have almost six million."

That statement prompted a letter from WFNY (Free-FM)/New York PD John Mainelli to Sirius SVP/Communications Patrick Reilly asking, "Are you penny-ante Sirius people so desperate for subs these days that Howard Stern has to go on David Letterman as he did last night and flat-out lie -- brazenly and shamelessly? From '600,000 to 6-million subscribers in one year'? I thought he misspoke himself when I saw that in a Sirius transcript two weeks ago. But I guess this is how low he, you and Melvin have sunk."

Meanwhile, Stern followed last night's claim during The Late Show by stating on his program this morning (11/13), that Sirius is outselling its satcaster competitor, XM Satellite Radio, by a count of 2-1.

Let's take a look at the numbers:

* Stern announced his move to Sirius on October 8, 2004. According to their quarterly earnings report, Sirius closed out the third quarter of 2004 with 662,289 subscriptions. Sirius also announced at the same time that they had surpassed 700,000 subscriptions on October 18, 2004, ten days after Stern's announcement.

* Meanwhile, XM announced in their quarterly earnings report that they had closed out the third quarter of 2004 with 2,516,023 subscriptions.

Using those numbers, if Sirius hits the low end of their year-end guidance of 5.9 million subscriptions, it will mean the company has added 5,237,711 million subscriptions since Stern's announcement that he would be joining the company. Meanwhile, if XM hits the low end of their year-end guidance of 7.7 million subscriptions, then XM will have added 5,183,977 subscriptions in the same time period.

The bottom line... In two years, not one year, as Stern claimed, Sirius will have gone from 700,000 to just under six million subscribers. And as for Stern's 2-to-1 claim, Sirius will have added just 53,734 more subscriptions than XM since Stern announced he was leaving terrestrial radio.

"You'd think this blatantly false public dissemination of information -- at a time when satellite radio is under severe attack on Wall Street -- is something the SEC and NASD would look into," wrote Mainelli in his email to Sirius. Whether that holds true or not remains to be seen, but one thing is for certain, the numbers don't add up to back Stern's statements.
This article is a biased piece of s.Who wrote it?

Anyways, in recent quarters (perhaps the past two or so, I don't recall), Sirius has been outselling XM 2 to 1.

Sirius has outsold XM 4 straight quarters now. Going back to the first quarter this occured, this had never happened. XM, was crushing Sirius.

Whoever wrote this article had an agenda of beating up on Sirius. Given the biased nature of this article, the author might be the biggest hypocrit ever.

Just wanted to point out how much I can't stand Robin.Does ANYONE think the show wouldn't be better without her?She's a know-it-all, her impressions are horrible, she speaks WAY too often, and the "sidekick chick who does the news" thing went out of style about 15 years ago. Carry on.
Agreed.

Just wanted to point out how much I can't stand Robin.Does ANYONE think the show wouldn't be better without her?She's a know-it-all, her impressions are horrible, she speaks WAY too often, and the "sidekick chick who does the news" thing went out of style about 15 years ago. Carry on.
Agreed.
Her "Queenie" image has become annoying. I also get the sense from past interns that she is a #####.She is important to the show because without her there they couldn't get away with a lot of the racial humor they do.

At the begining of '06 XM had 6 mil., Sirius 3mil. Nine months later, Xm has 7.1(1.1 dif.), Sirius 5.1(2.1 dif.).Sirius has out gained XM 2-1 in 9 months.

Link

RAIDERNATION said:
I still like her. On days when she's not in, the show just doesn't seem as good. There's nothing particular I like about her, but also nothing that really annoys me.

Howard out for the rest of the year? Man I love his show but he is taking a lot of time off.

It would be better if they allowed someone with half a brain to take over the old tapes. I would be lining up classics such as the wack packs first appearances, win john's job weeks, OJ verdict week, Zookeeper fights, Sam Kinnison, etc - sometimes I think these idiots just grab the first thing they get from the vault. There needs to be some rhyme or reason behind it. I would even wipe out Bubba/Ferrell and use 101 as 24 hr a day tape channel - start with day 1 and play em all!

Rumor has it that the king of uncensored radio has to censor any past material that includes his ex wife and Les Moonves. :goodposting:

Still love my Sirius and think the show has been great though!

Rumor has it that the king of uncensored radio has to censor any past material that includes his ex wife and Les Moonves. :goodposting:
Probably part of a settlement package, guy. Sometimes you just have to do what's best for you, and not for "Kiddnets".

Rumor has it that the king of uncensored radio has to censor any past material that includes his ex wife and Les Moonves. :thumbdown:
Probably part of a settlement package, guy. Sometimes you just have to do what's best for you, and not for "Kiddnets".
No problem for me - I have a ton of back uncensored shows so the truth will live on! Just find it ironic thats all. Trust me I'd rather have the tapes then not - just wish it would be organized better.

Best of has been great during the break. They need to put this effort into Master Tape Theater.

They need to play the Artie/Dice fight this week.

Best of has been great during the break. They need to put this effort into Master Tape Theater. They need to play the Artie/Dice fight this week.
Agreed, they really did choose the best episodes so far. I can't imagine the Dice fight won't be included.

I love the short buzzer Fred uses to imitate Eric the Midget :hot:
I just started listening full time again a couple months ago, and have been hearing the best of shows the past week...did Eric ever actually fly on those balloons?
Not yet, but he says he will as soon as Howard gets him a role on the show 'Heroes'. :lmao: I hate that greedy little ####er.
Doesn't anyone watch Mythbusters? The ballon thing has been attempted there and there is no way that it will work as Howard and crew think that it will. It took them so many balloons to lift a 6yr old off the ground that it was ridiculous and there is no way that it can be done in the studio.

I love the short buzzer Fred uses to imitate Eric the Midget :hot:
I just started listening full time again a couple months ago, and have been hearing the best of shows the past week...did Eric ever actually fly on those balloons?
Not yet, but he says he will as soon as Howard gets him a role on the show 'Heroes'. :lmao: I hate that greedy little ####er.
Doesn't anyone watch Mythbusters? The ballon thing has been attempted there and there is no way that it will work as Howard and crew think that it will. It took them so many balloons to lift a 6yr old off the ground that it was ridiculous and there is no way that it can be done in the studio.
He's a midget.

I love the short buzzer Fred uses to imitate Eric the Midget :lmao:
He's a midget.
OK, what part of 6 yr old boy did you miss? Or do you think that an adult midget will not weigh more then a 6 yr old boy will? Bottom line-it will not work and they will look incredibilly stupid trying it.mythbusters with balloon on letterman show

6-7000 balloons to lift a normal person, assume that Eric weighs 1/2 as much, that still leaves 3000 balloons to liftoff. Can't wait to see Howie and Bababooey get them all in the studio.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's a midget.
OK, what part of 6 yr old boy did you miss? Or do you think that an adult midget will not weigh more then a 6 yr old boy will? Bottom line-it will not work and they will look incredibilly stupid trying it.mythbusters with balloon on letterman show

6-7000 balloons to lift a normal person, assume that Eric weighs 1/2 as much, that still leaves 3000 balloons to liftoff. Can't wait to see Howie and Bababooey get them all in the studio.
Every midget i know is smaller than a 6yo.

I love the short buzzer Fred uses to imitate Eric the Midget :rolleyes:
Not yet, but he says he will as soon as Howard gets him a role on the show 'Heroes'. :yes: I hate that greedy little ####er.
He's a midget.

He's going to fly with balloons. How else will he meet Katherine McPhee?

He's a midget.

Dude, weather balloons, not birthday ballons.

He's a midget.

Dude, weather balloons, not birthday ballons.
Sure sure sure..keep dreaming folks. The bet is to get him to fly in studio and there is no where near the space to do it. I am not saying it is impossible, and obviously I am up against the fanbois here, but if the mythbusters (who do this for a living) can't do it within any type of reason, then how can you expect Bababooey to get it done?

Who does the best impression on the show:

- Fred as Siobhan

- Artie as Jeff the Drunk

- Ralph as Eric the Midget

- OTHER

Fred's and Artie's impressions are SPOT ON.

That is Ralph singing "Fly Me with Balloons"... isn't it???

Evil Dave rocks too. He's just a simpleton.

- Fred as Siobhan

- OTHER

Evil Dave by far. His PSA's are hilarious.Fred's Nicole Bass always cracks me up too. As does Fred saying "couchy" in Siobhan's voice.

Thread on stern fan network says they are back tomorrow.

My local news on FOX just had a snippet on a possible Sirius/XM merger in the new year.

- Fred as Siobhan

- OTHER

Best> Artie's JeffFunniest> Stern's Mama Caprio

- Fred as Siobhan

- OTHER

Artie doing Tyson is hilarious

How about Jim Florentine's gf's suicide over the break! He was just on talking about how they were broke-up and she wanted to get back, etc. Sad.

- Fred as Siobhan

- OTHER

Gilbert doing DICE!!!

Hands down the funniest "impression" ever.

Anybody catch Artie on Letterman tonight?

My God... his FAT has fat on it! He looks really effin bad. Definitely pushing 3 bills. :wall:

BTW, he killed! Told some funny stories about the bank "holdup" and his comedy gigs.

Lastly, I rented "Beer League" yesterday. It was pretty boring, and I tried hard to like it.

Usually I wont complain about Howard's schedule, but not doing a live show tomorrow is ridiculous after having over 2 weeks off.

Usually I wont complain about Howard's schedule, but not doing a live show tomorrow is ridiculous after having over 2 weeks off.
I was thinking the same thing. I assumed that they would be in on Friday since they were off on Monday.(Did he actually say he would be out tomorrow? I was assuming yes since the gossip game was on today)

Users who are viewing this thread