What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (4 Viewers)

Interesting 8 minute video, from a news program around 1984.

Not yet...Howard kept saying she was cute and had a nice body, but it sounded like he was being completely sarcastic and everyone just kept quiet. Bigfoot describing her looks by saying "she has a nice attitude" pretty much summed it up.

Good youtube vids btw..

So, after Janice was on Howard I had to lookup some pics of her when she was a "supermodel"....

:o she used to be super hot but has had so much plastic surgery you can't even tell it's the same person.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard that Beetlejuice was in earlier this week and was talking about killing himself. I didn't listen to the show so what was up with Beet?

Well, I knew this day was coming and it has finally arrived. Our corporate IT goons blocked all streaming content from the Internet last night. No more Sirius. And to make matters worse, I have no windows around my office where I could catch a signal for a portable Sirius radio. It was good while it lasted.

:yawn:

Well, I knew this day was coming and it has finally arrived. Our corporate IT goons blocked all streaming content from the Internet last night. No more Sirius. And to make matters worse, I have no windows around my office where I could catch a signal for a portable Sirius radio. It was good while it lasted. :towelwave:
polish up that resume

Man I thought BigFoot sounded different - this isn't the same bigfoot as back in the day is it? He looks a lot different.

The original bigfoot died didn't he?

Man I thought BigFoot sounded different - this isn't the same bigfoot as back in the day is it? He looks a lot different.The original bigfoot died didn't he?
Yes, the original bigfoot died like 5 years ago I think.They ran a contest in the summer to find a new wackpacker and this bigfoot won.

thought so. I just got Sirius for Christmas so I'm still catching up :)

Aug. 10th 2005 - he passed

Anyone hear Richard's phony phone call this morning where he taped his voice twice and it sounds like he is talking over himself? Hilarious! :goodposting:

Anyone hear Richard's phony phone call this morning where he taped his voice twice and it sounds like he is talking over himself? Hilarious! :lmao:
:angry: One of his best phone calls ever. He is very creative and funny.

Know-it-all Robin strikes again. Everyone's having a great time listening to the Goodfellas "What am I, a clown?" clip. Howard mentions how Pesci then smashes the bottle over the restaurant owner's head over the unpaid tab.

Dumb C _ _ T Robin then chimes in with "Yeah, then he shot him in the foot."

:kicksrock:

Would it be possible for her to crawl away and die sometime soon?

Anyone hear Richard's phony phone call this morning where he taped his voice twice and it sounds like he is talking over himself? Hilarious! :lmao:
:pics: One of his best phone calls ever. He is very creative and funny.

Know-it-all Robin strikes again. Everyone's having a great time listening to the Goodfellas "What am I, a clown?" clip. Howard mentions how Pesci then smashes the bottle over the restaurant owner's head over the unpaid tab.

Dumb C _ _ T Robin then chimes in with "Yeah, then he shot him in the foot."

:goodposting:

Would it be possible for her to crawl away and die sometime soon?
she is the reason I stopped listening in the 90's, worst...sidekick...evah

yea I don't get the robin shtick, don't like her at all.

in general do longterm fans of the show like her? what is she supposed to add?

Capella said:
yea I don't get the robin shtick, don't like her at all.

in general do longterm fans of the show like her? what is she supposed to add?
She used to be more tolerable when she made more infrequent comments and then simply read the news. Now, it seems like she talks as much as Howard does, and it's infuriating. I had the remote control in my hand in the car today, and I would hit the mute button every time she spoke, but it ruined the show for me as I was hitting the mute every ten seconds..... literally.Most of my dislike of Robin is rooted in envy, quite honestly. I don't know for sure what she earns, but if Howard has a $500M contract, and Baba Booey (reportedly) makes $500,000 a year, you have to think that Robin is in the $3 million per year range. And it pisses me off that someone without an ounce of talent can pull that kind of coin.

She has two main objectives:

1) Make interesting/amusing comments.

2) Read the f'n news straight from the N.Y. papers.

She fails at the first one because she is a total bore.

She fails at the second one because she makes a TON of mistakes even with the paper right in front of her. She mispronounces names/locations, and she sidetracks onto these rants about which she is typically completely incorrect. If Richard ever took her place, I'd likely kill myself from celebrating too much.

was listening to the show tonight -- what are these tools arguing about some message board thread for? one was longer than the other?

I get that it's a message board like this one, but why are they whining about who posts where? :popcorn: Some backstory to this or what?

was listening to the show tonight -- what are these tools arguing about some message board thread for? one was longer than the other?

I get that it's a message board like this one, but why are they whining about who posts where? :confused: Some backstory to this or what?
http://www.sternfannetwork.com/forum/Eric the Midget lives for what the people on that board think of him -- kinda like you here. ;)

He thinks it's a big deal that "his" thread with Johnny Frodo is getting more hits and replies than Jessica Hahn's running thread. :yawn: The kid is in a wheelchair and that forum IS his life..... I'll cut him some slack.

I get that it's a message board like this one, but why are they whining about who posts where? :confused: Some backstory to this or what?
http://www.sternfannetwork.com/forum/Eric the Midget lives for what the people on that board think of him -- kinda like you here. :lmao:

He thinks it's a big deal that "his" thread with Johnny Frodo is getting more hits and replies than Jessica Hahn's running thread. :yawn: The kid is in a wheelchair and that forum IS his life..... I'll cut him some slack.
wow, 5300 page thread ;)

Robin's presence allows Howard to do a lot of race-related material without catching heat.

I don't find her entertaining but she doesn't annoy me like she does so many. She's on the air 4-5 hours a day she's bound to make some mistakes.

When Howard went over the "mistakes" she had made on that website devoted to her most were really nitpicking.

I didn't follow Stern to Sirius. I DL'ed a show recently to check him out, and unfortunately it wasn't any funnier than his last couple years on free radio. I was bummed. Did I just catch him on a bad day? From the perspective of long-time Stern listeners, has his show still been going downhill?

Also, I think most Stern listeners would like The Kidd Chris Show. He's been on Stern a few times (he did an awesome series of crank calls to OJ's cell phone), and his show has a definite old-school Stern vibe: Rotating gang of weirdos and freaks (Fast Fred the brain-damaged white rapper, Brad the Cripple, etc.), ethnic sidekick (Thomas, aka *** Nipolson, ***** Martindale, Duck Sauce, ***** 182, etc. etc.), very free-flowing, etc.

WYSP in Philly from 3-7 PM, or kiddshow.com for a live stream. He also usually has the past day's show avail. for DL. :confused:

Peyton Marino said:
I didn't follow Stern to Sirius. I DL'ed a show recently to check him out, and unfortunately it wasn't any funnier than his last couple years on free radio. I was bummed. Did I just catch him on a bad day? From the perspective of long-time Stern listeners, has his show still been going downhill?Also, I think most Stern listeners would like The Kidd Chris Show. He's been on Stern a few times (he did an awesome series of crank calls to OJ's cell phone), and his show has a definite old-school Stern vibe: Rotating gang of weirdos and freaks (Fast Fred the brain-damaged white rapper, Brad the Cripple, etc.), ethnic sidekick (Thomas, aka *** Nipolson, ***** Martindale, Duck Sauce, ***** 182, etc. etc.), very free-flowing, etc. WYSP in Philly from 3-7 PM, or kiddshow.com for a live stream. He also usually has the past day's show avail. for DL. :thumbup:
What you just described about Kid Chris is the exact format for Stern. What makes Sterns show downhill and KChris on the rise?

Well, I knew this day was coming and it has finally arrived. Our corporate IT goons blocked all streaming content from the Internet last night. No more Sirius. And to make matters worse, I have no windows around my office where I could catch a signal for a portable Sirius radio. It was good while it lasted. :goodposting:
If you have wifi access in your workplace you could always get a stilleto

does anybody have the actual tape of the phone call the guy on the bridge made? didn't get to hear it today, but sadly, got the overdone shtickfest that came after it.

bit thick for my tastes.

Daywalker said:
Robin's presence allows Howard to do a lot of race-related material without catching heat.I don't find her entertaining but she doesn't annoy me like she does so many. She's on the air 4-5 hours a day she's bound to make some mistakes.When Howard went over the "mistakes" she had made on that website devoted to her most were really nitpicking.
:lmao: I've been listening since NBC days and Robin has never really bothered me.The only ones that have really annoyed me have been Richard Simmons and Elliot Offen. oh, and John the Stutterer, but his bits are saved by Fred's relentless impressions.

does anybody have the actual tape of the phone call the guy on the bridge made? didn't get to hear it today, but sadly, got the overdone shtickfest that came after it.bit thick for my tastes.
Should be on at 7-7:30 tonight if the show is exactly 4 hours.

I didn't follow Stern to Sirius. I DL'ed a show recently to check him out, and unfortunately it wasn't any funnier than his last couple years on free radio. I was bummed. Did I just catch him on a bad day? From the perspective of long-time Stern listeners, has his show still been going downhill?Also, I think most Stern listeners would like The Kidd Chris Show. He's been on Stern a few times (he did an awesome series of crank calls to OJ's cell phone), and his show has a definite old-school Stern vibe: Rotating gang of weirdos and freaks (Fast Fred the brain-damaged white rapper, Brad the Cripple, etc.), ethnic sidekick (Thomas, aka *** Nipolson, ***** Martindale, Duck Sauce, ***** 182, etc. etc.), very free-flowing, etc. WYSP in Philly from 3-7 PM, or kiddshow.com for a live stream. He also usually has the past day's show avail. for DL. :unsure:
What you just described about Kid Chris is the exact format for Stern. What makes Sterns show downhill and KChris on the rise?
It's pretty simple: Stern isn't funny anymore.

I didn't follow Stern to Sirius. I DL'ed a show recently to check him out, and unfortunately it wasn't any funnier than his last couple years on free radio. I was bummed. Did I just catch him on a bad day? From the perspective of long-time Stern listeners, has his show still been going downhill?Also, I think most Stern listeners would like The Kidd Chris Show. He's been on Stern a few times (he did an awesome series of crank calls to OJ's cell phone), and his show has a definite old-school Stern vibe: Rotating gang of weirdos and freaks (Fast Fred the brain-damaged white rapper, Brad the Cripple, etc.), ethnic sidekick (Thomas, aka *** Nipolson, ***** Martindale, Duck Sauce, ***** 182, etc. etc.), very free-flowing, etc. WYSP in Philly from 3-7 PM, or kiddshow.com for a live stream. He also usually has the past day's show avail. for DL. :unsure:
It's pretty simple: Stern isn't funny anymore.
Then I have to question whether you have a sense of humor.

Anyone else ever notice how Baba Booey's stories ALWAYS start with "So"...

As in, "So I see Artie heading for the vending machines."

"So Ronnie is on his cell phone at Scores."

etc.

If you didn't notice it before, you will now.

Ever notice how many times Howard says "the fact of the matter is". I've noticed it a lot over the past year and now I hear Fred and Sal using it.

Still catching up on this weeks shows - sounds like Howie is taking the plunge soon after years of anti marriage stance. I bet he'll end up having a kid in his late 50s as well - everything he mocked for years! Its amazing how life works!

Holy crap is it funny when Rev Bob cant pronounce words

"footsprint"

Listening to today's show now and just heard this in the last 5 minutes...

Howard – “We should roast Hulk Hogan."

Robin – “I was going to say Hulk Hogan.”

Howard – "Jack Nicholson wasn’t nominated for Best Actor."

Robin – "I was going to say he wasn’t nominated."

:wall:

Users who are viewing this thread