What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (4 Viewers)

Kind of sucks he is off again.
it wouldn't bother me that he's off if they played something mildly interesting in the meantime. who cares about a show in London from 21 years ago? there's 0 chance of me turning on 100 or 101 again today, and that's a big part of my daily routine. :goodposting:
Yeah I agree. I have little interest in the old shows. It will probably be some conservative talk guy I will listen to on the hour drive home today for laughs.
I have interest in the old shows, but the GOOD ones. Like cappy said, why this ####ing show? Are they throwing darts at a list? There are some great shows to be played and they continue to pick junk.

Kind of sucks he is off again.
it wouldn't bother me that he's off if they played something mildly interesting in the meantime. who cares about a show in London from 21 years ago? there's 0 chance of me turning on 100 or 101 again today, and that's a big part of my daily routine. :ptts:
Yeah I agree. I have little interest in the old shows. It will probably be some conservative talk guy I will listen to on the hour drive home today for laughs.
I have interest in the old shows, but the GOOD ones. Like cappy said, why this ####ing show? Are they throwing darts at a list? There are some great shows to be played and they continue to pick junk.
The problem is that Stern couldn’t go a whole show without mentioning his (ex) wife and part of his settlement with her was that he wouldn’t talk about her on the air or re-air anything where he was talking about her. It’s the same reason all the Sirius-show replays stink, because he spent hours every day bad mouthing Moonves and part of that settlement was the same deal. So they either have to re-edit the old shows or only air the old shows where none of that stuff is on there. The latter significantly narrows down the catalog.

The problem is that Stern couldn’t go a whole show without mentioning his (ex) wife and part of his settlement with her was that he wouldn’t talk about her on the air or re-air anything where he was talking about her.
Is this really true? Link?I for one am not really against the London shows, though I was hoping for better. Anything that includes celebrity interviews is usually pretty good for me. One thing they did well, too, is playing 2 shows, since they are each 3 hours. The Las Vegas thing last year was a debacle, when the same show was replayed like 8 times in a day.

The problem is that Stern couldn’t go a whole show without mentioning his (ex) wife and part of his settlement with her was that he wouldn’t talk about her on the air or re-air anything where he was talking about her.
Is this really true? Link?I for one am not really against the London shows, though I was hoping for better. Anything that includes celebrity interviews is usually pretty good for me. One thing they did well, too, is playing 2 shows, since they are each 3 hours. The Las Vegas thing last year was a debacle, when the same show was replayed like 8 times in a day.
I read it among things I saw on the Moonves settlement last year where they mentioned it being similar to the ex-wife settlement. Since then, I began to notice that I never did hear either of them mentioned on air or in replays, so I assumed it was true :goodposting:

Every time I turn on Mastertap theatre I pray that I hear the tape of the show when howard told Mancow that he wanted to fist F his dead daddys skull. To this day it is the funniest thing I ever heard.

Today's replay sucked - who runs that production?

Give me the job - for every week off I would have a spotlight series ready -

week 1 - Sam Kinnison appearances - tons of material there!

week 2 - Feud week - Mancow, Zookeeper, Leno, etc.

week 3 - 1sts - 1st Artie show, 1st of each wack pack show

week 4 - Lasts - Last Jackie show, Last Hank show, Last WNBC show, Last K Rock show

week 5 - Win John's job replay week

week 6 - Best of fights in house - staff fights, AJ Benza, Trump, Dice

week 7 - OJ week - must be a ton of great shows right before, during and after the verdict

Misc fillers - Song parody days, special events (Cabby v. John, Private Parts opening, etc)

I threw that together in 5 minutes - after months of planning they come up with a London show? Are you Fing kidding me?

Today's replay sucked - who runs that production? Give me the job - for every week off I would have a spotlight series ready - week 1 - Sam Kinnison appearances - tons of material there!week 2 - Feud week - Mancow, Zookeeper, Leno, etc.week 3 - 1sts - 1st Artie show, 1st of each wack pack showweek 4 - Lasts - Last Jackie show, Last Hank show, Last WNBC show, Last K Rock showweek 5 - Win John's job replay weekweek 6 - Best of fights in house - staff fights, AJ Benza, Trump, Diceweek 7 - OJ week - must be a ton of great shows right before, during and after the verdictMisc fillers - Song parody days, special events (Cabby v. John, Private Parts opening, etc)I threw that together in 5 minutes - after months of planning they come up with a London show? Are you Fing kidding me?
You're hired

Today's replay sucked - who runs that production? Give me the job - for every week off I would have a spotlight series ready - week 1 - Sam Kinnison appearances - tons of material there!week 2 - Feud week - Mancow, Zookeeper, Leno, etc.week 3 - 1sts - 1st Artie show, 1st of each wack pack showweek 4 - Lasts - Last Jackie show, Last Hank show, Last WNBC show, Last K Rock showweek 5 - Win John's job replay weekweek 6 - Best of fights in house - staff fights, AJ Benza, Trump, Diceweek 7 - OJ week - must be a ton of great shows right before, during and after the verdictMisc fillers - Song parody days, special events (Cabby v. John, Private Parts opening, etc)I threw that together in 5 minutes - after months of planning they come up with a London show? Are you Fing kidding me?
You're hired
I wish - forward my resume to Howard! They need a fan to run the old tapes - not corporate. I don't mind him taking the vacations - he deserves it - but you gotta be up front about it and have a plan to entertain the fans not just throw some slop together.

You're hired
I wish - forward my resume to Howard! They need a fan to run the old tapes - not corporate. I don't mind him taking the vacations - he deserves it - but you gotta be up front about it and have a plan to entertain the fans not just throw some slop together.
Seriously, with that kind of schedule, I would welcome the vacations

Since the lazy SOB took the week off again, I guess I'll do his dirty work for him, for those of you who are interested...

1-866-436-5707 for Sanjaya

Great list, but that would only fill 3 months with their effin' vacation schedule.

Great list, but that would only fill 3 months with their effin' vacation schedule.
There are so many Best Of shows they can do with all those tapes. And I really dont think it would be very difficult if they were cataloged correctly.Love to hear Best of Stuttering John and Best of Captain Janks

I'm enjoying today's format better than Mastertape. It is sometimes cool to hear an entire old show, not just the best bits, but I haven't heard some of today's clips before including the Claude Lemeiux one.

Glad I checked this thread. Got to hear the replay of Eric w/the fish...classic! I haven't even turned it on for a few days.

MTT was good this week besides the London snooze fest.

The bit where John played an elaborate prank on Grillo only to have it backfire on him was classic.

Assuming they come back from vacation after Easter, there should be some good stuff re: Imus.
I just assumed they were off next week. He'll miss the Imus story liked he missed the Anna Nicole story.
two weeks in a row?
You're surprised by this? The money's guaranteed and his hardcore fans will stick by him no matter what. Why wouldn't he take advantage of every perk that comes his way?

Assuming they come back from vacation after Easter, there should be some good stuff re: Imus.
I just assumed they were off next week. He'll miss the Imus story liked he missed the Anna Nicole story.
two weeks in a row?
You're surprised by this? The money's guaranteed and his hardcore fans will stick by him no matter what. Why wouldn't he take advantage of every perk that comes his way?
I don't mind Howard taking as much vacation as he does because it may prolong his career. But what infuriates me is I subscribe to HowardTV and they are off whenever Howard is and they don't update the menu of shows. Does Doug Goodstein need 10 weeks off a year?

Man, Howard is way too obsessed with this Imus crap.

Morning after one of the biggest tragedies our country has ever seen, and he hasnt mentioned it once. Too busy still talking Imus

Man, Howard is way too obsessed with this Imus crap. Morning after one of the biggest tragedies our country has ever seen, and he hasnt mentioned it once. Too busy still talking Imus
What are you talking about? They did it for at least half of the first hour of the show.

Users who are viewing this thread