What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (3 Viewers)

So, the question is can we consider Howard's move to Sirius a success? You have to factor in their $500M investment. I would say no, considering they are attempting to merge with XM. They wouldn't need to merge if it was a total success and they were growing at the expected subscriber rate (they would just put XM out of business organically).

Thoughts?

lumpy19 said:
Pocket Joker said:
Howard only has ~1 million listeners? I'm sure he didn't want this known....
I agree, I think that number is pretty low
As I understand it, that's the average number of listeners from 6-10 on H100. I'm a little confused as to how that was determined though, because the article isn't really clear. It says ""cumulative audience" - essentially the unduplicated persons or households listening during a specific period", but later just gives the rating for H100, never saying what the period is.If it is just 6-10, then you have to consider the people that listen to the show from 9-2 on H101 (Some number less than 500,000) and the people who listen later in the day on H100 and/or the weekends.Considering the drastic increase in subscribers when he announced his move and this data, I'd probably estimate his listenership at around 3 million.

lumpy19 said:
Pocket Joker said:
Howard only has ~1 million listeners? I'm sure he didn't want this known....
I agree, I think that number is pretty low
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that means that at any given time, he has an average of about 1 million listeners.

So, the question is can we consider Howard's move to Sirius a success? You have to factor in their $500M investment. I would say no, considering they are attempting to merge with XM. They wouldn't need to merge if it was a total success and they were growing at the expected subscriber rate (they would just put XM out of business organically). Thoughts?
I'd say yes. Sirius doesn't care if they listen to Howard or not, as long as they are paying each month for a subscription. And if Howard brought over 3-4 million monthly customers who only occasionally listen to him, they're fine with that. Having Howard was a big factor in almost every Sirius purchase after his signing was announced. Just like someone may have picked XM over Sirius becuase it brings them the MLB channels, but only listend to baseball every once in awhile after signing up. XM's still getting their $12/month.

Phlash said:
The only good shock jock radio show anymore is The Toucher and Rich show on WBCN in Boston. Those guys are consistently amazing, every show causes constant fits of laughter because of the ridiculousness of the stunts they pull off.Everyone should listener to Toucher and Rich at least once in their life.
That show is hardly funny, the Adolpho crap is so played out. Drunken Red Sox recap however is money.

So, the question is can we consider Howard's move to Sirius a success? You have to factor in their $500M investment. I would say no, considering they are attempting to merge with XM. They wouldn't need to merge if it was a total success and they were growing at the expected subscriber rate (they would just put XM out of business organically). Thoughts?
If you look at market share before and after, it is safe to say it was a success.Without the switchover, I think Sirius would have faded into history.

If you look at market share before and after, it is safe to say it was a success.Without the switchover, I think Sirius would have faded into history.
Exactly. Merging with XM should probably be considered a win for Sirius, since without Howard they probably would have just gone out of business.

That's a great point - I just wonder how much the NFL radio broadcasts also contribute. It's probably more successful than a failure....I do think they greatly overpaid. Although, they probably were competing with XM & regular radio, so it was the only way he would go.

That's a great point - I just wonder how much the NFL radio broadcasts also contribute. It's probably more successful than a failure....I do think they greatly overpaid. Although, they probably were competing with XM & regular radio, so it was the only way he would go.
From what I understand, Sirius owns all the patents on all the satellite radio technology. XM was created because the government didn't want them to have a monopoly in the first place. So, Sirius split into to and XM was spawned. So, it sounds to me like they should've been one company from the beginning. Howard was explaining this when he intoviewed Mel Karmazan....or was it the guy who invented Satellite radio who is now a woman? I forget all the details and I might have some facts wrong...but I believe what i said was the jist of it.

Missed a lot of the show today, and just catching up on the Wrap Up Show. Um, wow. WTMF did I miss? I think Artie might kill Sal before tomorrow's show. :thumbup:

Yea, unbelievable meltdown between artie and sal. Wish I could have heard the wrap-up show. Artie and Sal still arguing in there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, unbelievable meltdown between artie and sal. Wish I could have heard the wrap-up show. Artie and Sal still arguing in there?
Yeah. Sal wouldn't come in at first but when he did. Oof. Artie told him and Richard point blank. 'Stay the #### away from me. I don't want to see you. I don't want to talk to you two anymore.' :lmao:From what I got this is that Sal said something about Artie, Artie then returned fire and destroyed Sal. Sal then flipped out. Gary mentioned Sal was shaking while talking at one point. Can't wait for the replay. :P

Yeah. Sal wouldn't come in at first but when he did. Oof. Sal told him and Richard point blank. 'Stay the #### away from me. I don't want to see you. I don't want to talk to you two anymore.' :lmao:From what I got this is that Sal said something about Artie, Artie then returned fire and destroyed Sal. Sal then flipped out. Gary mentioned Sal was shaking while talking at one point. Can't wait for the replay. :P
time stamps ? - before after Duran Duran 1st hour 2nd hour ??

I don't know what time it was. Was flipping between 100 and 101. Didn't hear Duran Duran.

Anybody know where you can download the wrap up show off the net?

Yeah. Sal wouldn't come in at first but when he did. Oof. Sal told him and Richard point blank. 'Stay the #### away from me. I don't want to see you. I don't want to talk to you two anymore.' :rolleyes:From what I got this is that Sal said something about Artie, Artie then returned fire and destroyed Sal. Sal then flipped out. Gary mentioned Sal was shaking while talking at one point. Can't wait for the replay. :thumbup:
time stamps ? - before after Duran Duran 1st hour 2nd hour ??
Dunno, I got this from the wrap up show.

I don't know what time it was. Was flipping between 100 and 101. Didn't hear Duran Duran.Anybody know where you can download the wrap up show off the net?
I heard the end of the wrap up show but missed what led into it, holy crap was this awesome radio. Artie just layed into Sal AND Richard. :thumbup:

I will say, the worst part was when Artie said he hopes that Sal's kids get AIDS and die. My jaw damn near hit the ground.

He then said later he didn't mean he hoped they got it now, but at age 25 when they had to turn to gay sex in order to support their failure of a dad. :confused:

I will say, the worst part was when Artie said he hopes that Sal's kids get AIDS and die. My jaw damn near hit the ground.He then said later he didn't mean he hoped they got it now, but at age 25 when they had to turn to gay sex in order to support their failure of a dad. :confused:
:thumbup: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

It was ridiculous!

Artie really does talk about Sal & Richard like they are complete hacks. The truth is, Artie is only considered a good comedian because of his spot on the show. Not sure how this makes him so much better....

It was ridiculous! Artie really does talk about Sal & Richard like they are complete hacks. The truth is, Artie is only considered a good comedian because of his spot on the show. Not sure how this makes him so much better....
I agree Artie is better on the show than at stand up. Heard some of his sets and they are average to good. He is quick witted, and fits perfect on the show.BTW, Richard is really ######ed. REALLY ######ed. Sheesh....

It was ridiculous! Artie really does talk about Sal & Richard like they are complete hacks. The truth is, Artie is only considered a good comedian because of his spot on the show. Not sure how this makes him so much better....
There is some truth in what you say about Artie, but Sal and Richard are hacks and their whining #####y schtick is absurd.

i used to like artie on the show but he has been a real **** lately. everything is about money. how much he makes, or how much something he bought costs, or how much someone else does not make. his stand up and movies have always sucked but he is good on the show. if he was not on the show he wouldnt be ####. cant blame him for taking advantage of all the gigs he gets because of the show but, he is a #### about throwing money in everyones face all the time.

without the show he is just a fat junkie

thegroveisdark said:
i used to like artie on the show but he has been a real **** lately. everything is about money. how much he makes, or how much something he bought costs, or how much someone else does not make. his stand up and movies have always sucked but he is good on the show. if he was not on the show he wouldnt be ####. cant blame him for taking advantage of all the gigs he gets because of the show but, he is a #### about throwing money in everyones face all the time.without the show he is just a fat junkie
There is some truth to this - he's definitely feels he's in entitled land. I still thought he was in the right on this argument and still think he's great on the show. :thumbup: at Richard never listening to anyone saying no to his ideas.

Can Andrea just go away...... forever?

She's a total mess, she's not interesting, she's impossible to listen to with that voice, and she's not hot anymore.

Hearing "Welcome back, Andrea" gets me to change the station quicker than just about anything else.

She's a total mess, she's not interesting, she's impossible to listen to with that voice, and she's not hot anymore.

Hearing "Welcome back, Andrea" gets me to change the station quicker than just about anything else.
God...and HowardTV just devoted a reality show to her. It was hideous.Just heard the wrap-up show. Some real venom there.

God...and HowardTV just devoted a reality show to her. It was hideous.Just heard the wrap-up show. Some real venom there.
Make sure to catch the "daily" show on HTV where Artie sleeps. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Just heard the wrap-up show. Some real venom there.
Yeah, after hearing the show replay the wrap-up show was worse. Artie just laying into Sal and Richard. Thank GOD this wasn't a Thursday show, because I can't wait 'till tomorrow morning. :thumbdown:

:lmao:

"Nah, the CD could have got him in the eye."

"I think you're right, in a sense, when you call him stupid. He doesn't know how to speak properly."

"I just wanna grow a beard and eat."

:lmao:

Awesome. :goodposting:

Wow, a day I was actually happy to get stuck in traffic.

I don't really get why Artie went nuts at the end after Sal's "apology." I guess I can understand why he was annoyed at Sal's phoniness overall, but he really seemed to overreact at the end. Unless he was coming down off the Subutex. Or maybe he really does want to get fired.

Please See Mine said:
Wow, a day I was actually happy to get stuck in traffic.I don't really get why Artie went nuts at the end after Sal's "apology." I guess I can understand why he was annoyed at Sal's phoniness overall, but he really seemed to overreact at the end. Unless he was coming down off the Subutex. Or maybe he really does want to get fired.
I definately think the Subutex had something to do with it.Great radio though.

Please See Mine said:
Wow, a day I was actually happy to get stuck in traffic.I don't really get why Artie went nuts at the end after Sal's "apology." I guess I can understand why he was annoyed at Sal's phoniness overall, but he really seemed to overreact at the end. Unless he was coming down off the Subutex. Or maybe he really does want to get fired.
I think Sal's whole thing about how his ####ty "movie" was better than Beer League really pushed him over the edge.Artie has clearly reached the end of his rope here and would seem like he needs to take time off to get healthy physically and mentally, but that doesn't seem to be happening any time soon.

I think Artie is back on the coke. His mood swings lately have been ridiculous. His venom with Sal too has been typical of a guilt-ridden cokehead. Also, his claim about being high on subutex today seemed forced and just a way to explain why he was hyped up and sweaty.

Please See Mine said:
I think Sal's whole thing about how his ####ty "movie" was better than Beer League really pushed him over the edge.Artie has clearly reached the end of his rope here and would seem like he needs to take time off to get healthy physically and mentally, but that doesn't seem to be happening any time soon.
Beer League, by the way, WAS awful. Deep down, Artie knows it and it hurt when Sal said so.I don't understand why Artie is pissed at Richard also.

Please See Mine said:
Beer League, by the way, WAS awful. Deep down, Artie knows it and it hurt when Sal said so.I don't understand why Artie is pissed at Richard also.
I think he's just totally disgusted by Richard, and takes it out on him this way. :thumbup:

The Gator said:
"I just wanna grow a beard and eat."
:popcorn: :mellow: Possibly the line of the year right thereArtie definitely overreacted today. A little on the sensitive side about Beer League. And the criticism coming from an a-wipe like Sal makes it 10x worse.

And by the way.....this whole week was awesome. And this is exactly why they NEED that Friday show back, over Mastertape

A live Friday show like the wrap up show would have been $ this week.

Users who are viewing this thread